Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Rumour has it... [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#1 Posted: 17:57:02 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator
"That there's a portal to Zephyr right here. Rumour also has it that there's a small fee required to open it..." or something along those lines smilie.

LOL! Anyway, I've heard that there might be another Spyro game after Giants that isn't Skylanders. Is this...*hopefully* true?
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 17:58:22 28/10/2012
Probably a fan-based rumor.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#3 Posted: 18:11:31 28/10/2012
only time will tell
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 18:55:05 28/10/2012
Skylanders 3 will be the next game. I don't see any other option happening. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 18:56:54 28/10/2012
Did Crash got third mutant game? I dont think so. I dont think Skylanders 3 will happen anytime soon. I wouldnt be suprised if they just continiue adding DLC on Giants and continiue making more toys.
Spyro might gets long haitus like Crash has right now
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#6 Posted: 19:06:23 28/10/2012
The trouble with the Crash mutant games is that, from what I understand, they weren't all that successful for various reasons.

Skylanders, on the other hand, has proved to be a huge success. Knowing Activision, they're already working on the next Skylanders game, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Skylanders 3 sometime next year.

There was a rumor about Spyro possibly getting his own game if Skylanders fared well enough (I believe a developer or someone else working on the game mentioned it?), but it's looking less likely.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#7 Posted: 19:35:26 28/10/2012
its looking less likely for own spyro game because Activision are known to be bunch of liars from before. Crash Of The Titans solda alot more then Crash Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing so i dont see what do you mean by saying Mutant games were unsuccessful
#8 Posted: 20:12:24 28/10/2012
Twinsanity was only released for the Xbox and PS2, whereas Mutants were available on almost every platform. So yes, in that aspect, they did sell more. But sadly, like with the Legend games, after altering the character art (which I didn't mind for the most part, except AkuAku and UkaUka who looked terrible IMHO), and some personalities, some of the fans dropped out and boycotted the games.

I have Titans and I wasn't left feeling impressed, but I never purchased MoM so I can't comment on that one. I did have intentions to, but it's still a game I'm not rushing to get (I'm more interested in Tag Team Racing JP version).
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
crashdragon Green Sparx Gems: 344
#9 Posted: 22:21:48 28/10/2012
Quote: OldClassicGamer
only time will tell

OldClassicGamer is right just let time tell for we don't know what's going to happen in the future, we can guess that Skylanders 3 could be released some time next year or so, but it could be wrong or not.
#10 Posted: 00:32:49 29/10/2012
Quote: OldClassicGamer
Did Crash got third mutant game? I dont think so. I dont think Skylanders 3 will happen anytime soon. I wouldnt be suprised if they just continiue adding DLC on Giants and continiue making more toys.
Spyro might gets long haitus like Crash has right now

The ending to Skylanders Giants suggests there will be a sequel. Actually I'd say "suggests" is too nice of a word. It "proves" a sequel is in the works. >.>
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#11 Posted: 01:40:32 29/10/2012
Titans was basically *You control giant monsters and go nuts* in a vibe like raving rabbids was *party game!*
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#12 Posted: 01:43:47 29/10/2012
They promised they would make a new Spyro game if Skylanders was successful.
They won't do it though. smilie
#13 Posted: 01:44:44 29/10/2012
As I recall they never promised it, they just said it could be a possibility.
---
#14 Posted: 07:56:02 29/10/2012
On the bright side Spyro Eclipse is in making by a fan smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#15 Posted: 11:39:31 29/10/2012
I reckon that some people are only thinking that if a Classic game is released it won't be as successful, only because it hasn't been around for a very long time. I also think that the reason why A Hero's Tail failed was because of the developer, was trying to do too much to it to make it stand out, when all they did was kinda over do it. Definitely, Activision should be wealthy enough to spend time making a classic.
#16 Posted: 22:56:13 29/10/2012
Right. So we're all agreed. Spyro: Decade of the Dragon will come out in 2017 then? Alright, meeting adjourned.

*is secretly Bobby Kotick* [User Posted Image]
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#17 Posted: 23:15:28 29/10/2012
I doubt it. Skylanders is probably what Activision will tie Spyro to from now on.
---
Eh.
#18 Posted: 23:34:34 29/10/2012
Yeah, like I said, the ending pretty much confirms there's going to be a 3rd game. Activision stumbled onto something, it seems. >.>
---
#19 Posted: 10:35:09 30/10/2012
Activision's slogan: The most boring video gaming company possibly in the world.

Because once they know that they can make a cash cow out of something, it will go on and on and on and on and on....
and the people buying it seem to be just as boring smilie
#20 Posted: 12:27:17 30/10/2012
Spyro Decade of the Dragon is amazing idea
#21 Posted: 12:39:28 30/10/2012
I don't really like that title, it's too obvious because of the other two titles we've already had, like Year of the Dragon and Dawn of the Dragon.
#22 Posted: 01:35:44 31/10/2012
I was making an on-the-fly joke. If he gets a new game it's gonna be Spyro Galaxy because Mario, Portal and Sonic have been in outer space recently, among other popular series. >.>
---
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#23 Posted: 02:15:10 31/10/2012
Hoorah for moar Skylanders games! I hope it just continues forever. And ever. And ever. And ever. And EVAR.
#24 Posted: 18:28:01 31/10/2012
I'm not kidding at all. Skylanders is the only "Spyro" game I like in the very least. smilie As soon as it's done, I'm pretty much done with anything Spyro-related. Well, unless Glumshanks and Kaos appear in whatever is made afterwards.
#25 Posted: 21:41:35 31/10/2012
Quote: Kurui
I'm not kidding at all. Skylanders is the only "Spyro" game I like in the very least. smilie As soon as it's done, I'm pretty much done with anything Spyro-related. Well, unless Glumshanks and Kaos appear in whatever is made afterwards.

Fair enough, but have you even tried to have a go at, or seen YouTube gameplays any of the classic titles, or the legend titles? You might like them. It's obviously understandable if you have tried one of these and thought nothing much of them. Other than that, you should have a try at them at least, as you could be missing out on something you might enjoy even more, or enjoy just the same as Skylanders. smilie I'm just curious is all.
#26 Posted: 21:59:53 31/10/2012
A lot of people don't like going back to older systems. I was introduced to Mario on the SNES, so trying to play a NES Mario was frustrating. Nowadays I love them, but it took quite awhile for that love to develop. I can imagine it being the same way with younger Spyro fans not wanting to go back to the PSX from the PS2/PS3/360/whatever... <.>
---
#27 Posted: 22:16:00 31/10/2012
Quote: HIR
A lot of people don't like going back to older systems. I was introduced to Mario on the SNES, so trying to play a NES Mario was frustrating. Nowadays I love them, but it took quite awhile for that love to develop. I can imagine it being the same way with younger Spyro fans not wanting to go back to the PSX from the PS2/PS3/360/whatever... <.>

I don't really see personally what the big deal is going back to an older system, I didn't mind it when I was a child, I actually found it to be more interesting, to see how the older games played like. There are some I didn't like, and some I did, just like with games on these modern consoles.
#28 Posted: 22:21:45 31/10/2012
I tried to play the first one and got reaaaaallly bored (I played it a lot too just to see if it was one of those, start slow, get better later). smilie And I tried another one, but I forgot the name of it, but it was just as boring if not more boring o.o

So I can't really say I've played Spyro games as I never really completed any, but I did try to try.

I typically am a retro gamer. I guess Skylanders story/characters just appeal to me much more. I'd rather it be a 2D game though smilie
#29 Posted: 22:24:11 31/10/2012
I tried to play the first one and got reaaaaallly bored (I played it a lot too just to see if it was one of those, start slow, get better later). smilie And I tried another one, but I forgot the name of it, but it was just as boring if not more boring o.o

So I can't really say I've played Spyro games as I never really completed any, but I did try to try.

I typically am a retro gamer. I guess Skylanders story/characters just appeal to me much more. I'd rather it be a 2D game though smilie

Interesting...
It's strange how somethings are not ones taste, yet other things are to somebody else. It's funny.
You sure you won't get tired of Skylanders, if they keep rehashing sequels though?
Just out of interest, was the other Spyro game you tried on the original PlayStation, if you can remember?
GOONRO! smilie
#30 Posted: 22:29:28 31/10/2012
They were both for the PSX. owo *loves her PSX* I think it was called something like Riptor. or......Idon'tevenknow.

And as long as Glumshanks and Kaos keep coming back, I'll never be bored and keep throwing my money at whoever makes these games.

I have an addiction like whoa.

I think I just don't like Spyro as a character is what it is. Like, at all. If he was a more interesting character or had some redeeming quality I'd probably be more invested in games where he's in a spotlight.
#31 Posted: 22:34:53 31/10/2012
They were both for the PSX. owo *loves her PSX* I think it was called something like Riptor. or......Idon'tevenknow.

And as long as Glumshanks and Kaos keep coming back, I'll never be bored and keep throwing my money at whoever makes these games.

I have an addiction like whoa.

I think I just don't like Spyro as a character is what it is. Like, at all. If he was a more interesting character or had some redeeming quality I'd probably be more invested in games where he's in a spotlight.

That would have been Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! The first one came out in 1998, and the sequel; 1999. And was developed by Insomniac, the makers of Resistance and Ratchet & Clank.

Fair enough, it's your money at the end of the day.

I've got a big addiction for Coldplay, The Beatles and Spyro! Maybe GTA too. lol (And 007, with Pierce Brosnan in)

Oh I love Spyro as a character, he's so cute, and adorable, and quite smexy, I can't help but have those feelings for little Goonro! smilie
I think Spyro's got a cool personality, Insomniac, or the developers just don't show it too much, in the early games it's more gameplay, than cutscene time of his personality. I guess in A Hero's Tail, this game shows more of his personality, as a hot head, know it all, lol. It's kinda funny though.
#32 Posted: 22:40:15 31/10/2012

I actually went back almost as soon as I had my first console, a Sega MegaDrive/Genesis. I love retro games, probably because they're so much more challenging most of the time. Space Invaders FTW!

And Kurui, you remind me of someone I know. As long as Kaos is in future Skylander games, she'll be happy smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#33 Posted: 22:43:13 31/10/2012
Glumshanks will always be my smexy one. smilie Followed by Kaos, although Glumshanks' personality is soooo much better. I wish he just had a game all to himself. ;0; *lovesherdreamguy* He's just......Perfect.

I noticed Spyro was a little hot headed. Heh. I think for characters of his time, he's just not quite as up there as he is with say Crash Bandicoot and Rayman, personality wise, those characters always appealed more. Or maybe it's because I'm not exactly a big fan of dragons. My friend loves Spyro because she's a furry, but I've never actually been a furry myself although I do love some animal-based people (like Kerb - cockroach alien from Men in Black~ ). But I'd say the biggest put off is still Spyro's personality. I do like the fact that he is purple though. Purple is my fav colour! :3
#34 Posted: 22:51:00 31/10/2012
Glumshanks will always be my smexy one. smilie Followed by Kaos, although Glumshanks' personality is soooo much better. I wish he just had a game all to himself. ;0; *lovesherdreamguy* He's just......Perfect.

I noticed Spyro was a little hot headed. Heh. I think for characters of his time, he's just not quite as up there as he is with say Crash Bandicoot and Rayman, personality wise, those characters always appealed more. Or maybe it's because I'm not exactly a big fan of dragons. My friend loves Spyro because she's a furry, but I've never actually been a furry myself although I do love some animal-based people (like Kerb - cockroach alien from Men in Black~ ). But I'd say the biggest put off is still Spyro's personality. I do like the fact that he is purple though. Purple is my fav colour! :3

You see? Now I don't like Crash Bandicoot, and Rayman, at all, I just adore Spyro! And I think he's up there with Ratchet, Jak and TY.
I quite like some dragons, not all, depends how they're drawn, I'd like to think of myself as a scaley, you know, because that's how Spyro is. I also think that his name is unique too. Purple is quite cool, but it's not really my taste anymore, I do love blue though, but that's one of the primary colours of purple to say the least.
#35 Posted: 02:57:27 01/11/2012
Quote: RadSpyro

I actually went back almost as soon as I had my first console, a Sega MegaDrive/Genesis. I love retro games, probably because they're so much more challenging most of the time. Space Invaders FTW!

And Kurui, you remind me of someone I know. As long as Kaos is in future Skylander games, she'll be happy XD

I like Kaos because he's an expy of Zim (right down to the voice), and I loved Invader Zim back in the day. >.>
---
#36 Posted: 05:23:05 01/11/2012

And Kurui, you remind me of someone I know. As long as Kaos is in future Skylander games, she'll be happy smilie

Well Glumshanks more than Kaos, actually. As in even if Kaos never returns, if Glumshanks is there, I'm all game. But I prefer the both of them together when possible.

Also, speaking of retro, my NES and SNES are my babies <333, My Atari system too. ^__^
#37 Posted: 09:54:11 01/11/2012

Well Glumshanks more than Kaos, actually. As in even if Kaos never returns, if Glumshanks is there, I'm all game. But I prefer the both of them together when possible.

Also, speaking of retro, my NES and SNES are my babies <333, My Atari system too. ^__^

Oooh, I don't own them, but what games do you have on them? And this topic feels like it should be in S&N.
The oldest thing I own is an Amstrad, which plays tapes for video games, and it takes like ten minutes to load a game into the machine. And if you've got more than one thing moving on-screen, it begins to slow down, lol. Most of the games I've got for it are 2D, there's only a couple that's 3D, you probably haven't heard of them, but one is 'Interdictor Pilot' and the other is 'Elite'. It came out in the mid 1980's. My Dad just happens to have this stuff lying around.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:55:11 01/11/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#38 Posted: 10:09:10 01/11/2012
Eeep, waaay too many games to name. I know I have like Dungeons and Dragons and some sporty games like bowling or like battleship games or something. Old arcade games. Old RPG-ish games. Snake, Rattle, and Roll - Marble Madness - Adventure Island series (and Famicom ver.) - Centipede - Dig Dug - Anything Donkey Kong or DKC - Shadowgate - Kid Nikki - Bubble Bobble - Gremlins - Klax - Maniac Mansion - Dragon Warrior - Star Ocean (Famicom) - Othello - Spy vs. Spy - River City Ransom - Double Dragon - Xexyz - Ys - Star Tropics - Seiken Densetsu - Bonk - Monster Party - Friday 13th

I dunno, lots and lots of games smilie;;
#39 Posted: 10:27:21 01/11/2012
Eeep, waaay too many games to name. I know I have like Dungeons and Dragons and some sporty games like bowling or like battleship games or something. Old arcade games. Old RPG-ish games. Snake, Rattle, and Roll - Marble Madness - Adventure Island series (and Famicom ver.) - Centipede - Dig Dug - Anything Donkey Kong or DKC - Shadowgate - Kid Nikki - Bubble Bobble - Gremlins - Klax - Maniac Mansion - Dragon Warrior - Star Ocean (Famicom) - Othello - Spy vs. Spy - River City Ransom - Double Dragon - Xexyz - Ys - Star Tropics - Seiken Densetsu - Bonk - Monster Party - Friday 13th

I dunno, lots and lots of games smilie;;

LOL, 'you've got enough of them haven't you?'
If you want to know my video game collection, I've popped them into my guestbook, apart from the ones from Amstrad, I can't even be bothered to type all of them up. I haven't played that system for about five years I think.

By the way, to the topic. I swear Insomniac have named one of the characters 'Zephyr' in the Ratchet & Clank Future series. I'm pretty sure of it.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#40 Posted: 15:42:53 01/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Did InsOmniac actually like working with Spyro?
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#41 Posted: 18:56:13 01/11/2012
Insomniac enjoyed the games, but admitted they had run out of ideas and wanted a character "with thumbs" to hold weapons. Insomniac's first game WAS an FPS, after all. >.>
---
#42 Posted: 11:06:12 02/11/2012
Basically Insomniac couldn't be bothered with a character that can't hold weapons, and ran out of enough imagination for the universe of Spyro. That's how I see it, lol. But they had to give it up anyway because of the contract with Universal at the time.

I reckon they did enjoy Spyro, from the videos that I've seen of them talking about it.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#43 Posted: 01:18:53 03/11/2012
I really hope he atleast gets his own game, I love playing skylanders, but we all love our spyro.
I mean, a game that possibly played like AHT or the classics but with skyro telling a more complicated story which based on spyro would be awesome.

I can't see classic spyro coming back, but atleast skyro has a chance to be in his own game and fill spyro's shoes.
(unless they do a remake for an annerversery or somithing)
#44 Posted: 10:51:42 03/11/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
I really hope he atleast gets his own game, I love playing skylanders, but we all love our spyro.
I mean, a game that possibly played like AHT or the classics but with skyro telling a more complicated story which based on spyro would be awesome.

I can't see classic spyro coming back, but atleast skyro has a chance to be in his own game and fill spyro's shoes.

I'm sorry, but even if "Skyro" get's his own game, it would just feel like he's an imposter, lol. But if the gameplay is like the classic Spyro games, I would give it more of a chance, but seeing "Skyro" on there would just remind me of Activision and Skylanders all the time, it would seriously annoy me actually. It would be like Activision making fun of the original fans, by providing us with a classic title FINALLY, and then just put "Skyro" into it, know what I mean? It's a bit of an insult.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#45 Posted: 16:19:39 03/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: crystalhero37

I'm sorry, but even if "Skyro" get's his own game, it would just feel like he's an imposter, lol. But if the gameplay is like the classic Spyro games, I would give it more of a chance, but seeing "Skyro" on there would just remind me of Activision and Skylanders all the time, it would seriously annoy me actually. It would be like Activision making fun of the original fans, by providing us with a classic title FINALLY, and then just put "Skyro" into it, know what I mean? It's a bit of an insult.

Yeah, "Skyro" it's not the original Spyro and it will be WEIRD if we see Skyro with his own game. For me, it's gonna be an insult because Skyro it doesn't a personallity. I miss the little GOONRO >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#46 Posted: 20:12:17 03/11/2012
His personality is barely noticeable because the role of Skylanders in the cutscenes/story is to stand there and listen to a bunch of NPCs babble. >.>
---
#47 Posted: 09:44:01 04/11/2012
His personality is barely noticeable because the role of Skylanders in the cutscenes/story is to stand there and listen to a bunch of NPCs babble. >.>

Exactly, I know that classic Spyro doesn't have many cutscenes, but at some point in them you can see his personality shine through, and you get a pretty good idea of what he's like; the same with the Legend of Spyro, but in my opinion, his personality is rubbish in that one, especially in Dawn of the Dragon.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me