Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Future of Spyro [CLOSED]
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#1 Posted: 14:44:22 26/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I know its meybe still early to talk about new game but i would just like you people to leave suggestion on what would you want next from Spyro. I think what Spyro needs is a HD Collection for a 15th anniversary.
Fisrt 3 games should be enhanched but also upgrated. After that they could create i guess more Skylanders or something
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 15:35:40 26/10/2012
Spyro is dead.
DeathStar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#3 Posted: 17:23:15 26/10/2012
The future of Spyro? We wish. Now he's stuffed in a video game (along with 70+ other characters) with a face resembling a crushed version of Ripto's -.-
---
"oh sweet sweet sounds of 80s synthesizers, alleviate me...."
#4 Posted: 17:39:36 26/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
Spyro is dead.

How so? He is playable in Giants and i dont think that there is a storyline at the end of game which Spyro gets killed.
#5 Posted: 17:40:56 26/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: DeathStar
The future of Spyro? We wish. Now he's stuffed in a video game (along with 70+ other characters) with a face resembling a crushed version of Ripto's -.-

Well thats why i said that he should have HD collection. People musnt forgot who spyro was in past
#6 Posted: 18:52:32 26/10/2012
Yes, to those who responded to me, I mean as a franchise, Spyro is dead.
skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1672
#7 Posted: 19:46:33 26/10/2012
spyro deep cover dragon
---
Fired up for victory
Ahaila Yellow Sparx Gems: 1966
#8 Posted: 19:58:18 26/10/2012
If the Giants will succeed, Activision will probably make Skylanders 3...
Also, Spyro isn't dead. The old one still lives in our hearts :3 The new Spyro isn't also that bad. I'm sure, if you'll try it - you'll like it.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 20:46:08 26/10/2012
Given the post-credits of Skylanders Giants I am 99.99999999999% certain Activision has Skylanders 3 in the works already. I'd say the Spyro franchise is done for. <.< But Skylanders is getting ready to ascend to franchise level. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#10 Posted: 21:01:53 26/10/2012
It should be rebooted. I can't really judge Skylanders because I've never played it (it sounded a bit of a palaver), but I really want the actual Spyro games back - nice, light-hearted games like that of the Original trilogy, but with the sophisticated graphics of the present.
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#11 Posted: 21:51:25 26/10/2012
Quote: skulldragon95
spyro deep cover dragon

IT'S TAIL TIME

Honestly, I believe like many others that Skylanders is the only future we have for our purple hero. Someone once mentioned that they might do a Spyro game if Skylanders hits off, but I'm sceptical on that one.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Zaifuten Green Sparx Gems: 103
#12 Posted: 21:57:32 26/10/2012
Maybe Skylanders'll be like Raving Rabbids was for Rayman. Where they made so many Rabbid games that they not their own franchise and Rayman got to get on with his series. Wishful thinking, I know, but you never know...
---
Detailed Spyro RP. http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=62564
My Deviant Art. http://alpine-dragon-queen.deviantart.com/
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#13 Posted: 23:21:57 26/10/2012
We all sound like broken records. "Original Spyro trilogy HD remake" this! "Skylander=Raving Rabbids" that!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#14 Posted: 00:36:53 27/10/2012
The problem is the number of third party companies creating kid-friendly games that are good are quickly dwindling because the studios are disbanding or being absorbed into the powerhouse companies like Activision and ESPECIALLY Electronic Arts. Frankly people should be extremely happy Skylanders ended up being successful because now Activision Blizzard and its controller, Vivendi, has a reason to keep Toys for Bob around instead of dissolving it and redistributing all the employees as was done with Sierra back in 2008. Maybe Activision will commission a Spyro game if the numbers for Giants and Skylanders 3 continue to be promising (probably not, but you can hope).

Also, in regards to this post:
Quote: Zaifuten
Maybe Skylanders'll be like Raving Rabbids was for Rayman. Where they made so many Rabbid games that they not their own franchise and Rayman got to get on with his series. Wishful thinking, I know, but you never know...

That's not gonna happen. With Rayman, his creator, Michel Ancel, returned to the franchise and was the lead behind the new game, Rayman Origins. Spyro's creators are either still at Insomniac Games working on Fuse or Ratchet & Clank or have moved on to something else in or outside the industry. So it is highly unlikely they'd come back to stir up inspiration for a new Spyro game. Also, I doubt any of them would want to join Activision, since they'd effectively need to in order to make a Spyro game. >.>
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#15 Posted: 01:15:47 27/10/2012

Don't forget that Raving Rabbids make Rayman not have a game for about seven years.

I have a bad feeling that Spyro is following the same path, and Crash seems to be completely dead and burred.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#16 Posted: 01:50:20 27/10/2012
Very true but at least Skylanders isn't just a bunch of minigames right? *hasn't played skylanders*

*Hides Classic Crash, Coco and Akuaku* We're not even gonna bring up the new Crash games...... smilie'
---
toazander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#17 Posted: 02:51:28 27/10/2012
i like the idea of a remake of the first 3. the should make another spyro game in the style of the first 3. and skylanders needs to die in a hole.
---
spyro lp at
https://www.youtube.com/user/4zander
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#18 Posted: 02:57:30 27/10/2012
Quote:
Someone once mentioned that they might do a Spyro game if Skylanders hits off, but I'm sceptical on that one.

This is true. I specifically remember someone posting an interview or something that said TFB would be making another Spyro game if Skylanders was successful. But Acti are just liars for the most part...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#19 Posted: 07:05:35 27/10/2012
^ Yes, I remember hearing this somewhere as well.
Considering how well Skylanders is going, I'd say they should consider giving us that Spyro game now.
Then again, as you said, Activision are a bunch of liars, and it is doubtful that they will make an actual Spyro game.

As most of us here have said, I am sad to say that I think Spyro will be stuck in Skylanders for the rest of his days. To me, it is a sad death, and I can't believe what Activision has done to him, they hardly feature him in the games anymore anyway. You'd think that Spyro would be a sort of main character, yet it hardly seems the case. It is sad to see our purple dragon crash and burn like this. But hey, nothing lasts forever... sadly.

But yeah... I think Crash is dead too. If not, Activision will ruin him as well anyway.
What a bad way for gaming heroes to die.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#20 Posted: 08:13:01 27/10/2012
Very true but at least Skylanders isn't just a bunch of minigames right? *hasn't played skylanders*

Nope, it isn't.
#21 Posted: 10:47:25 27/10/2012 | Topic Creator
What if some other company buys the rights for Spyro? Its not like Activision will be owner of Spyro forever. Spyro changed publishers and developers many times. I think Eurocom should get the rights for Spyro
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#22 Posted: 10:58:31 27/10/2012
Quote: OldClassicGamer
What if some other company buys the rights for Spyro? Its not like Activision will be owner of Spyro forever. Spyro changed publishers and developers many times. I think Eurocom should get the rights for Spyro

You know that Eurocom has already developed a Spyro game in the past, right?
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#23 Posted: 13:35:32 27/10/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

And Eurocom are just developers. Spyro needs to be bought out by a high-budget publisher, preferably, for me, Sony Entertainment, but I think it's unlikely to ever happen. Activision has a cash-cow with Skylanders and they're going to milk the series for years to come, and they're likely not going to remove Spyro from it.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#24 Posted: 15:54:30 27/10/2012
Quote: Winston1

And Eurocom are just developers. Spyro needs to be bought out by a high-budget publisher, preferably, for me, Sony Entertainment, but I think it's unlikely to ever happen. Activision has a cash-cow with Skylanders and they're going to milk the series for years to come, and they're likely not going to remove Spyro from it.

Yeah, that sucks a lot, specially because Activision doesn't listen to the Real Fans <.<. I also heard that "Rumor" before, about making an Spyro game after Giants but I'm not very sure about this because Activision it's a bunch of liars. Anyway, I think there's another problem, I don't want to sound "tough" but it's about the kids and/or people who gets Skylanders and ask to the developers to make more of this **** and this people doesn't know ANYTHING about Spyro, just my opinion...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
crashdragon Green Sparx Gems: 344
#25 Posted: 17:05:52 27/10/2012
To me I think we should think outside the box on this, yes Spyro had a history of delopers and publishers but he so far has 2-3 reboots ( Classic, LOS, and Skylanders. My theory is that yes Skylanders is has so far a popular series for it has about 5 games: Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, Skylanders Giants, Skylanders Universe, Skylanders Cloud Patrol and the upcoming Skylanders Lost Islands.) But I think he's probaly going to have a reboot for if you look on Spyro's past he had about 3 and if he has a reboot, Activvision will probaly still produce Skylanders games. That's my theory of Spyro's future, but maybe I'm wrong but I still belive in Spyro and like what Zaifuten said about Rayman's past, Spyro might have a reboot maybe getting back to the Classics, LOS or a completly new reboot that could resemble those 3, but like I said I still belive in Spyro's future and I hope you guys do also.
#26 Posted: 18:46:37 27/10/2012

Uh... Spyro was owned by Universal which was absorbed into French multimedia company Vivendi and merged into their gaming subsidiary Sierra. Vivendi then bought Activision's commanding share and dissolved Sierra into Activision. Spyro's never changed publishers, his publisher keeps getting bought out. But if you think Activision is going anywhere anytime soon you're quite wrong. The merger with Blizzard Entertainment and Sierra have made them quite the powerhouse in the Western gaming world.
---
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#27 Posted: 19:17:23 27/10/2012

I agree. Rayman's franchise wasn't working well, so they introduced the Rabbids. After they mad some Rabbid and Rayman games, the Rabbids and Rayman split apart into two different franchises.

I hope this happens to Spyro. I mean, they could just make it so Spyro doesn't get a repose, and he gets his own game.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#28 Posted: 19:42:31 27/10/2012
Quote:
I agree. Rayman's franchise wasn't working well, so they introduced the Rabbids. After they mad some Rabbid and Rayman games, the Rabbids and Rayman split apart into two different franchises.

I hope this happens to Spyro. I mean, they could just make it so Spyro doesn't get a repose, and he gets his own game.

Well, speaking of Rayman - after Rabbids he finally come back to classics (Rayman Origins), so maybe Spyro also come back... sometime...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:49 27/10/2012 by Ahaila
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#29 Posted: 21:01:34 27/10/2012
I think it's crazy they're not making a new classic-style Spyro game or HD remake, imagien the amount of people that'd buy it, I certainly would. But then again Skylanders is making enough money for Activision alone...and I wonder why..
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6471
#30 Posted: 22:18:01 27/10/2012
The're killing spyro,it became just something to make us buy craps and child toys without having a good plot like in the legend of spyro trilogy or hardplatforming(I'm looking at you tree tops),minigames,humor and cuteness(classic spyro) even if the last ones in the original series were so glitched it wasn't fun at all(spyro:enter the dragonfly),I hope they will remember of us the spyro fandom who were here since the original spyro game or join at the time of the legend of spyro and make what we truly want news spyro games who won't be skyland(crap) but new games of the original series and sequels for the legend of spyro to please both the classic fans and the legend fans or else if they can't make something good they will need to give spyro to anther existing companies who care about characters and not just about war and money(activision)
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#31 Posted: 22:31:35 27/10/2012
Quote: TorchSheep
I think it's crazy they're not making a new classic-style Spyro game or HD remake, imagien the amount of people that'd buy it, I certainly would. But then again Skylanders is making enough money for Activision alone...and I wonder why..

I think problem is that it's been a long time since there's been a Spyro game that more than its most loyal fanbase played (not counting Skylanders). I'm pretty sure Year of the Dragon was the last widely played one (if not, maybe one of the Digital Eclipse trilogy). So I honestly don't think enough people would be that interested because they've moved on from Spyro to other adventure series like Ratchet & Clank. And the new audience being generated by Skylanders wouldn't care enough because Spyro's just one of a giant list of playable characters and Skylanders fans could make similar arguments for one of the other Skylanders to get their own game. >.>
---
TreeRex4ever Green Sparx Gems: 274
#32 Posted: 00:47:50 28/10/2012
If the next Skylanders game has to do with the 15th anniversary of Spyro, awesome! If there are gonna be any more games featuring the little purple Dragon, it would be awesome if he was in one with Stealth Elf.

I'm thinking that the inspiration for Skylanders was more about the idea of having four other playable characters in Year of the Dragon as well as a Hero's Tail and that spinoff trilogy for GBA. If they were to bring back most of those characters in Skylanders, that would be even better.
TreeRex4ever Green Sparx Gems: 274
#33 Posted: 02:58:07 28/10/2012
When I got into Skylanders, She was just as close my favorite as Spyro was. Stealth Elf and Spyro are made for each other, it would be awesome to see them together in action while spyro carries her on his back while flying.
#34 Posted: 11:30:42 28/10/2012
I think that Activision can still definitely make a lot of money just from remaking the first three onto the PS3, just think about how many people who have even forgot about the franchise will see it and think "Oh yeah! I remember those games! I've got to go out and buy that, haven't played it in years!" and they may have lost the old PS versions of them. I think that it is utter bull**** to say that if they was to make a classic Spyro game compared with Skylanders it wouldn't make as much money. Just think of how many classic fans there are that want this type of game again. Let's face it Activision could have easily made a classic game and it would have been successful, look at the GTA series, that's been having the same formula since 2001, and it's highly successful, the same with Ratchet & Clank, since 2002. Spyro can easily be just as good. All what Activision wants to do is to make as much money as they can out of it by trying another strategy towards it, which sadly in my eyes is upsetting to see, of course it would be upsetting for me. To create a classic themed Spyro game, all it would need is a vast amount of imagination for the level design and the characters, and some fun mini games thrown into it. Enter the Dragonfly would have been great if it wasn't rushed.

I feel like I've missed something out, but I may add it in later. And to those of you who think that Spyro has had three reboots, it's only had two, the first one in 2006 with LoS, and the second most recent in 2011. The first Spyro game in 1998 isn't exactly a reboot is it.
Arken Green Sparx Gems: 141
#35 Posted: 11:32:24 28/10/2012
Spyro is dead.

Spyro is NOT dead!😐😩😫
---
"Who the heck is Ratonomaken?" Spyro said.
Check out my Skylanders story, Cult of Ratonomaken!
#36 Posted: 11:39:23 28/10/2012
I think that bionicle2809 is just being negative about the franchise. I don't think he sees what potential it has. How can it be dead if people are still willing to play it if Activision released a classic version of it? lol. And how does he know that the franchise is dead? You never know, I suppose Activision are still deciding on making a classic game, but who does bionicle think he is? A fortune teller?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:40:31 28/10/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#37 Posted: 13:41:57 28/10/2012
Quote: Arken
Spyro is dead.

Spyro is NOT dead!😐😩😫

...Why is it that people react exactly how I want them to when I make an outlandish claim like "Spyro is dead." Personally, I couldn't care less anymore. As long as I can keep playing with my original S1 Spyro in Skylanders, I'm happy with that.

I think that bionicle2809 is just being negative about the franchise. I don't think he sees what potential it has. How can it be dead if people are still willing to play it if Activision released a classic version of it? lol. And how does he know that the franchise is dead? You never know, I suppose Activision are still deciding on making a classic game, but who does bionicle think he is? A fortune teller?

You say Activision would make a lot of money from a remake of the original trilogy, but when they could make millions from Skylanders and toys they won't bother making a HD remake of the original trilogy.
#38 Posted: 14:02:05 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator
We must not quit. We must proove that we are willing to pay for classic remakes. Activision is all about money and we need to proove them we would buy remakes
#39 Posted: 15:03:42 28/10/2012
Sure - if you can convince them that they'll make more money than Skylanders and toys then they'll probably make it. Good luck convincing them they'll make millions from HD remakes.
#40 Posted: 15:24:17 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Agree. Most of Spyro fans now are young adults or even older. People buyiung toys that are over 20 feels childish. I myself wont buy toys in store. I would proubably buy them used online
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#41 Posted: 17:50:53 28/10/2012
I think that on Spyro's 15th birthday (ah, the days when I pretended he was 10!) they should remake Enter the Dragonfly. They'd make WAY more money than the first release. I heard loads of people took 'em back to the shops and complained smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#42 Posted: 17:58:17 28/10/2012
hey, if they fixed all those horrible glitches then it'd be an awesome game! I'd totally buy it.
---
#43 Posted: 18:13:26 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I would buy it as well. Fix glitches and make more content. Could be awesome. Same for Sonic 06
#44 Posted: 18:53:39 28/10/2012
We must not quit. We must proove that we are willing to pay for classic remakes. Activision is all about money and we need to proove them we would buy remakes

You really don't understand it, do you? Activision may own the intellectual rights to Spyro, but Insomniac Games, the studio responsible for making the games, still has copyright over them. Activision couldn't remake the classic trilogy without potentially paying extensive royalties to Insomniac or getting Insomniac to develop the remakes... which they I doubt they would do. >.>
---
#45 Posted: 18:58:37 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator
But HD remakes could get more money then Skylanders. Thats what we need to Proove them. Then they will ask Insomniac and do it
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me