Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What happened to Elora? [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#1 Posted: 11:44:07 14/10/2012 | Topic Creator
After Gateway to Glimmer, what happened to her?
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#2 Posted: 12:28:08 14/10/2012
She stayed in Avalar, so she can briefly visit Agent 9's Lab in the end cutscenes of Spyro 3.
---
Bring the Fanta
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#3 Posted: 02:59:29 16/10/2012
She did stay in avalar and after that we sadly never heard from her again.

I f one would have liked to see her back, Maybe if a new Spyro game ever comes out she'll get a role in it. That would be great!smilie
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#4 Posted: 12:56:47 16/10/2012
I'm pretty sure we've had a topic like this before, I think from a former user; Razzek.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#5 Posted: 13:18:49 16/10/2012
She Video Game Logic'd!
It's too bad we didn't see her again, though. Regardless, I'd personally not prefer getting her reincarnated, the idea that Spyro is a mere Skylander already bothers me, Elora under that group...
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 18:01:42 16/10/2012
Chuck Cunningham Syndrome. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:02:14 16/10/2012 by HIR
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#7 Posted: 19:48:51 16/10/2012
She was originally going to be a playable character in Spyro: Season of Ice and Attack of the Rhynocs, but she was scrapped. :(

Also she appeared on a trading card in Spyro: Orange, but that was her last appearance.

It's too bad... I always thought that she was the best love-interest for Spyro.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:49:37 16/10/2012 by Radiance
#8 Posted: 19:53:37 16/10/2012 | Topic Creator
smilie I like Elora. Not as much for loving Spyro though
---
oh my god
#9 Posted: 19:55:03 16/10/2012
It's okay, dude. We all have our opinions. smilie

She'll come back someday!
---
#10 Posted: 03:03:03 17/10/2012
He didn't seem interested in her anyway, lol.
---
#11 Posted: 16:30:15 17/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I respect all you guys opinions but I don't really like the Idea of Spyro having a love-interest, it's too.. boring (I dunno if thats the right word smilie) and what ever happened to 'stong single women'?

thiss smilie
---
oh my god
#12 Posted: 21:26:38 17/10/2012
I think it's funny that Elora had a liking for Spyro, and yet Spyro just either didn't take any notice of it, or just didn't want to know about that 'lovey dovey' stuff at all. I guess the bad things about Spyro are that he is ignorant, and he has a short span of attention, like in the scene where Elora thanks Spyro after he defeats Gulp, she provides him with a chair, a drink and a 'whatever it's called, a sunscreen?' and he finally relaxes, and goes to sleep for like two seconds, and when he awakes, after Elora has told him where she is going, he then says "Hey?! Where did Elora go?, I'd better follow her" lol. He's quite funny actually, it's ashame Insomniac didn't have more time to develop his character. Classic Spyro's got a lot of interesting potential for his personality, I think.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:02 17/10/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#13 Posted: 02:16:09 20/10/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I think it's funny that Elora had a liking for Spyro, and yet Spyro just either didn't take any notice of it, or just didn't want to know about that 'lovey dovey' stuff at all. I guess the bad things about Spyro are that he is ignorant, and he has a short span of attention, like in the scene where Elora thanks Spyro after he defeats Gulp, she provides him with a chair, a drink and a 'whatever it's called, a sunscreen?' and he finally relaxes, and goes to sleep for like two seconds, and when he awakes, after Elora has told him where she is going, he then says "Hey?! Where did Elora go?, I'd better follow her" lol. He's quite funny actually, it's ashame Insomniac didn't have more time to develop his character. Classic Spyro's got a lot of interesting potential for his personality, I think.

That's true, the classic one has a Great potencial. Not only Spyro, the other ones too, for example Hunter, at the beginning he didn't got a "nice" relation with Spyro because it's a dragon, "more dangerous than Ripto" Hunter says that in Glimmer. But after watching Spyro doing an excellent work in Summer Forest, he finally got a good feeling with Spyro as a "partner". In other word, this one of the funny things about the classic characters, I just want to see Elora, Hunter and the other ones in a new Spyro game, Not an Skylander one, just my opinion >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#14 Posted: 02:51:48 20/10/2012
Doesn't spyro mentioned somewhere he and Elora hit a rocky road/stepping stone in AHT?
I'm sure he mentions something like this.
Zaifuten Green Sparx Gems: 103
#15 Posted: 04:13:55 20/10/2012
I thought it cool that Elora liked Spyro and showed her love for him but still respected his ideal on relationships enough not to push her thoughts on him. Though, in the epilogue of Ripto's Rage you can see them together in the Tunnel of Love.
I like them as a couple but also as just friends because Elora's a helpful little faun.
---
Detailed Spyro RP. http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=62564
My Deviant Art. http://alpine-dragon-queen.deviantart.com/
Hunter 4eva Blue Sparx Gems: 537
#16 Posted: 05:40:41 20/10/2012
Quote: Zaifuten
I thought it cool that Elora liked Spyro and showed her love for him but still respected his ideal on relationships enough not to push her thoughts on him. Though, in the epilogue of Ripto's Rage you can see them together in the Tunnel of Love.
I like them as a couple but also as just friends because Elora's a helpful little faun.

When?!?! I didn't ever see it!!!

Aw. We should all miss the wonderful faun who corrected Spyro in the nicest way possible. "IM A FAUN YOU DORK."
---
Tell me are you the ghost of jealosy?!
Zaifuten Green Sparx Gems: 103
#17 Posted: 06:03:26 20/10/2012
Totally nicest way. smilie

I haven't gotten it yet. I think you need all the skill points to get it.

I love Elora, she's my favorite female character. I often draw her or write fanfiction with her in it. Really wish they hadn't gotten rid of her. She kinda got the same treatment as Ly from the Rayman series.
---
Detailed Spyro RP. http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=62564
My Deviant Art. http://alpine-dragon-queen.deviantart.com/
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#18 Posted: 08:44:49 25/10/2012
As much as I like Elora, I can see why she got dropped, somewhat. She's more of a diplomat than a direct fighter, and her range is strictly limited to Avalar for their problems, as opposed to the more nomadic Hunter. I suppose she technically could have shown up in TLoS due to it having a sort of new Avalar (the Valley of Avalar), but then the narrative would have just gotten bogged down with character focus.

As for Skylanders, I definitely wouldn't bank on her or Hunter reappearing, as it'd be redundant now (their roles are basically taken over by Cali and Flynn).
---
Eh.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#19 Posted: 01:16:58 27/10/2012
Elora appeared at the end of YOTD. She probably would have appeared in ETD too, if that game was finished and made properly.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#20 Posted: 11:07:52 27/10/2012
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Elora appeared at the end of YOTD. She probably would have appeared in ETD too, if that game was finished and made properly.

Yup, she kinda makes a cameo appearance outside the professor's lab, and just asks Spyro not to forget about her and to come visit her in Avalar when he can. After that, she's nowhere to be mentioned again. Perhaps Insomniac did think about this at the time, that she belongs in Avalar and she most likely won't be in another game again so they must of thought that it would be a bit of fun to add her in right at the end?
#21 Posted: 17:54:04 28/10/2012 | Topic Creator

Yup, she kinda makes a cameo appearance outside the professor's lab, and just asks Spyro not to forget about her and to come visit her in Avalar when he can. After that, she's nowhere to be mentioned again. Perhaps Insomniac did think about this at the time, that she belongs in Avalar and she most likely won't be in another game again so they must of thought that it would be a bit of fun to add her in right at the end?

(This theory may only be acknowledged if there was some sort of war in Avalar):

Elora got...eh...killed in a battle? Just a thought. And if there's another Spyro game, Spyro may get a letter or something about it. OR if there's another Spyro game, she'll probably be a playable character smilie
---
oh my god
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#22 Posted: 20:24:51 28/10/2012
Quite a few people have drawn Elora as a Skylanders character, here's one of the better ones.

http://batlover800.deviantart....186351#/d4ayhx8
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
TreeRex4ever Green Sparx Gems: 274
#23 Posted: 22:14:43 28/10/2012
She'd be awesome as a new Skylander in the next Skylanders game for sure.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#24 Posted: 10:45:32 29/10/2012
Quite frankly, from a Skylander perspective, Stealth Elf seems to cover all Elora's bases.
---
Eh.
#25 Posted: 11:23:02 29/10/2012
Quote: Jaggedstar

(This theory may only be acknowledged if there was some sort of war in Avalar):

Elora got...eh...killed in a battle? Just a thought. And if there's another Spyro game, Spyro may get a letter or something about it. OR if there's another Spyro game, she'll probably be a playable character smilie

I personally wouldn't like to think that Elora died, I'd still like to think that she's well and alive in Avalar, and besides I reckon that all the battles would be over now since Spyro sorted all that out before, all what Elora would need to do is to keep the peace amongst all the lands, and since she's the born leader, she should know what she's doing, and so it wouldn't lead to that in the first place. It only got out of control because of a power crazy dictator Ripto showed up, smilie
#26 Posted: 10:27:42 30/10/2012
Yes, elora was probably happily leading the Avalar(ians? smilie) to peace among the realm during YOTD and beyond is what I like to think.

Avalarians? smilie Now that just sounds like something from Narnia.
Yeah, people can think up of many different possibilities as to what happened to her, but the great thing about it is that it's left to your imagination.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:28:19 30/10/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
shadowstrike Ripto Gems: 199
#27 Posted: 06:05:17 31/10/2012
i was wandering that too
#28 Posted: 15:50:37 01/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes, elora was probably happily leading the Avalar(ians? smilie) to peace among the realm during YOTD and beyond is what I like to think.

Avalarians? smilie Now that just sounds like something from Narnia.
Yeah, people can think up of many different possibilities as to what happened to her, but the great thing about it is that it's left to your imagination.

*Avalari
---
oh my god
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#29 Posted: 01:20:48 03/11/2012
wasn't she supposed to be playable or atleast appear in one of the GBA games, but they had no time to do it?
that would be cool, I have all the GBA ones and Elora would of been great.
#30 Posted: 10:47:48 03/11/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
wasn't she supposed to be playable or atleast appear in one of the GBA games, but they had no time to do it?
that would be cool, I have all the GBA ones and Elora would of been great.

I think I heard about that somewhere, but then again, I could have dreamed of it. smilie
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#31 Posted: 11:45:47 03/11/2012
I prefer Elora over Ember (and Cynder too but I didn't play the LoS games).
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#32 Posted: 12:25:26 03/11/2012
Quote: StevemacQ
I prefer Elora over Ember (and Cynder too but I didn't play the LoS games).

I agree, Elora seems to have more personality than Ember, let's face it, all what Ember wanted to do was to get "with" Spyro.
At least Elora has a roll in what she does, and that she does have a particular interest in Spyro, as she shows at the end of Spyro 2, and at the end of Spyro 3 where she tells Spyro not to forget to visit back in Avalar. I kinda wished Insomniac did a bouns level in Spyro 3 where you can go back to Avalar again, and perhaps complete these mini games with Elora for fun. Then again, all the portals would have to be shut off because there wouldn't be enough memory for those levels, I suppose it would get a bit confusing really.

AND Elora is definitely better than Cynder by a long shot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:26:03 03/11/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#33 Posted: 22:03:06 03/11/2012
She stayed in avalar but visited spyro in Spyro 3.

However, she was planned in almost all the mobile titles but she got cut each time for some reason.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#34 Posted: 22:23:56 03/11/2012 | Topic Creator
They should've put Elora in the GBA games instead of Bianca. She does nothing. Elora would've been awesome.
---
oh my god
#35 Posted: 09:35:13 04/11/2012
Poor Elora, she's just been scratched out of each game past the ending of Year of the Dragon. But it's understandable because she is supposed to stay in Avalar, so I guess they're trying to make some sort of sense with it. In a sense, Bianca did pretty much replace Elora.
#36 Posted: 13:24:12 04/11/2012
The issue though, is that Hunter, The Professor, Zoey and Moneybags all have returned in later games, but not Elora. I dont understand it. All of them fully returned in Heros Tail, besides Bianca, and Elora of course.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#37 Posted: 17:13:52 04/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Elora was much better than Bianca. I like her and all but eh.
---
oh my god
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#38 Posted: 00:59:09 05/11/2012
I liked Elora and bianca even. I wouldn't say that Bianca replaced Elora though. Elora had a lot tha bianca couldn't bring to the table as bianca to Elora also. I would assume that Eora has had really bad luck or some specific creators were out to get her!>.>

Could be anything though.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:30 05/11/2012 by BlackNight12
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#39 Posted: 01:41:33 05/11/2012
Razzek would have fangasms about this.

I personally never cared for Elora. I don't hate her, but I don't really like her either. She was just, there.
#40 Posted: 09:40:45 05/11/2012
I think it was kind of pointless to keep her from the games.

Personally, i bet that had Spyro Enter The Dragonfly been given an extra year to be worked on, the game WOULD of contained Gnasty, 25 levels, 200 dragonflies, ELORA and other characters.
---
#41 Posted: 19:58:48 20/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Elora, Elora, where art thou?
---
oh my god
#42 Posted: 20:02:52 20/12/2012
^Died with Insomniac's will to make Spyro games.
---
#43 Posted: 03:40:14 22/12/2012
Huh... I honestly got the impression Moneybags was the authority figure, since he was always the one Ripto kicked out of the castles he took over. *shrug*
---
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#44 Posted: 01:22:24 23/12/2012
Quote: HIR
Huh... I honestly got the impression Moneybags was the authority figure, since he was always the one Ripto kicked out of the castles he took over. *shrug*

That is one good of a point HIR. Moneybags is perhaps some sort of an authority figure in Avalar during Ripto's revolution but not a political one I guess.

Moneybags of course is a huge economical factor. He is the big thing in Avalar's financial and business world so therefore he must have very significant amount of power when it comes to the terms of important decisions in Avalar. But is he really interested in politics in a way of power display? No he isn't. He is interested in Avalar's politics as far as the things are somehow linked to success of his business.

But there is Elora on the other hand. She is shown and depicted as in the story of GTG as a leader character. She is the main organizer of revolutionary fronts against Ripto's regime. So it is quite safe to say that in the context of Spyro's (player's) view the meaning of Elora is to be that strong female leader who gives Spyro all the help she can give to bring Ripto's reign to the very end.

And what happened to Elora? Well perhaps she decided to give all her potential into evolving Avalar's society and invested into political career. That would be quite rational move from a person who lead revolutionary fronts back at the tough times.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me