darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The definitive Wave One upgrades list
Page 1 of 1
The definitive Wave One upgrades list [CLOSED]
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#1 Posted: 15:29:36 18/10/2012 | Topic Creator
A new thread because the upgrades go a thousand and a bit over the post character limit all together.

Pop Fizz
New Concoctions: Press Z to switch to some new potions, which have different effects when thrown
Puddle of Pain: Press Z to cycle to a new potion that leaves a damaging puddle of acid when thrown
Raging Beast: All attacks in Beast Form do additional damage
Dexterous Delivery: Throw potions and grab new ones much faster
Path one
More Beast!: Beast Form meter drains more slowly and recharges faster
Berserker Boost: In Beast Form, damaging enemies increases the Beast Form meter
Mutant Beast: In Beast Form, press Z to perform a special attack based on which potion is active
Path two
Master Chemist: All potions do increased damage and have improved effects
Mixologist: Mix the effects of different color potions for brand new effects
All In: Hold A to pull up to 3 potions out and release to throw them all at once
Soul Gem
Shake It!: Repeatedly press Z to shake potion bottle until it explodes - Soul Gem in Wilikin Village

Crusher
Ground Grinder: Hold A to hit the ground so hard, it makes a crack in the ground that damages enemies
Rockslide: Press Z to break apart into boulders running into anything in their path
Super Crusher: Hammer does increased damage
Cavelight Blast: While holding B, press A to launch a pulse of energy that damages enemies
Path one
Crusher Combos: Press A, A, HOLD B for Hammer Throw
Press A, A, HOLD Z for 360 Spin
Hammer Daddy: Hammer takes the face of Crusher's father and does increased damage
Triple Ground Grinder: Hold A to hit the ground and make three cracks appear to damage enemies
Path two
Controlled Rockslide: Control the direction of your Rocksilde attack
Boulder Bombs: While in a Rockslide, press A to detonate boulders
Bedrock Armor: Special rock from deep within the earth provides increased armor
Soul Gem
Rockslidin' Out!: Hold Z to steer Rockslide boulders around - Soul Gem in Troll Home Security

Terrafin
Wow Pow
Dive Burrow: While in the air for a belly flop, press B to immediately dive back underground

Chill
The Great Wall: Hold B to extend the length of an ice wall
Glacial Bash: Press Z to bash enemies and ice wall blocks with your shield
Imperial Armor: New armor provides increased protection
Cold Front: Hold Z to keep the shield raised and block attacks from the front
Path One
Brrrr Blade: New ice javelin does increased damage
Shatterspear: Javelins now split into separate ice spears when passing through an Ice Wall
Triple Javelins: Throw 3 ice javelins at once
Path Two
Ice Breaker: Ice Wall blocks explode when struck by an ice javelin or enemy.
Better Bash: Glacial Bash hits multiple enemies and Ice Wall blocks in a larger area
Exploding ice blocks freeze enemies into ice cubes of their own
Soul Gem
Call the Narwhal!: Hold A to charge and release to summon a narwhal friend - Soul Gem in Lost City of Arkus

Slam Bam
Wow Pow
Sleigh Me!: Hold Z to take a ride on a powerful ice sleigh - need Yeti Ice Shoe upgrade

Ignitor
Wow Pow
Blue Flame!: In Flame Form or after a Mega Slam, leave a trail of blue fire

Bouncer
I-Beam: Press Z to fire concentrated laser eye beams
Targeting Computer: Hold B to bring up a target and control where rockets land
Machine Fingerguns: Hold A to rapidly fire Fingerguns at an accelerated rate
Cooler I-Beam: Increases the damage of the I-Beam and reduces overheating
Path One
Double Targets: Now target 6 enemies at a time with laser-guided rockets
Rockets On Demand: While holding B, press A to launch unlimited rockets
Atomic Clouds: Shoulder Rockets leave explosions that damage enemies
Path Two
Super Machine Fingerguns: Rate of fire for Fingerguns increases and they do more damage too
Professionally Cool I-Beam: I-Beam does even more damage yet overheats slower
Laser Mines: While holding Z, press A to drop laser mines
Soul Gem
Fists of Destruction!: While holding A, press B to fire off rocket-powered homing fists - Soul Gem in Secret Vault of Secrets

Trigger Happy
Wow Pow
MegaBlast!: While using the mini-gun, press A for a super blast - need Golden Machine Gun
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#2 Posted: 15:29:49 18/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Fright Rider
Ghoul Glaive: Melee attacks do increased damage
Burrow Bomber: Hold Z to burrow and steer the ostrich's head underground. Release Z to teleport to that location
Phantasm Strike: Jousting Charge does increased damage
Halberd of Horror: Melee attacks do even more increased damage
Path one
Fright Rider Combos: Press A, A, HOLD B for Spear Vault
Press A, A, HOLD Z for Skull Slam
Flock of Fury: Hold A to unleash a fury of multiple ostrich heads
Supreme Spear: Melee Attacks do maximum damage
Path two
Joust Juice: Jousting Charge is faster and does increased damage
Entombment Strike: While charging, press Z to perform a powerful, downward strike
360 Degrees of Spear: While charging, press A to swing the spear around in a 360-degree attack
Soul Gem
A Real Drag: While burrowing, the spear can drag enemies underground - Soul Gem in Aerial Attack!

Cynder
Wow Pow
While flying, press B to bring a great lightning blast down from the sky - need Flight upgrade

Chop Chop
Wow Pow
Shield Skewer!: Hold B and press A to burst forward in a mega shield bash attack - need Spiked Shield Bash upgrade

Jet-Vac
Feistier Fan: Bigger spinning fan blades on the Suction Gun do increased damage to enemies
Jet-Vac Jet Pack: Press Z to fly and perform new attacks in the air
Vac Blaster 9000: Vac Blaster does increased damage
Turbine Suction Fan: Suction Gun attacks do even more increased damage
Path one
Piercing Winds: Vac Blaster does even more increased damage and pierces multiple enemies
Vac Master-Blaster 20X: Vac Blaster does maximum damage
Super Suction Air Blaster: Suck up enemies with the Suction Gun and it gives the Vac Blaster a super shot
Path two
Tank Reserves: Can remain in flight longer and recharge faster
The Mulcher: Suction Gun attacks do maximum damage
Flying Corkscrew: While flying, press B to blast forward and perform a powerful corkscrew attack
Soul Gem
Eagle-Air Battle Gear: Enhanced armor and a pretty sweet visor - Soul Gem in Autogyro Adventure

Swarm
Sharpened Barbs: Barb Blade melee attacks do increased damage
Wingin' It: Can fly faster and for longer durations
Swarm Form: Press Z to turn into a swarm of bugs, damaging everything they touch
Stinger Shot: Hold A to charge up and release to shoot a stinging energy blast
Path one
Razor Wings: Wings damage any enemies they touch
Better Barb Blast: Barb Blades shot while flying do increased damage
Ultimate Barbs: All Barb Blade attacks do maximum damage
Path two
Swarm Storm: Swarm Form is bigger and does increased damage on contact
Insectsplosion: While in Swarm Form, press B to do shockwave damage
Bee Cleaver: While in Swarm Form, press A to form a giant axe and swing at enemies
Soul Gem
Bee is for Butt Stinger: While flying, press Z to fire butt stinger missiles that track enemies - Soul Gem in Cutthroat Carnival

Whirlwind
Wow Pow
Cloudbursting!: Tempest clouds automatically shoot rainbows

Shroomboom
Launch Paratroopers: Press Z to shoot mushroom paratroopers who drop down from the sky
Super Shrooms: Mushroom Ring gets bigger
Bigger Boomshrooms: Hold A to charge up a giant exploding mushroom
Bouncing Boomshrooms: Exploding mushrooms bounce on the ground and do increased damage
Path one
Spore Power: Mushroom Ring creates a damaging spore cloud
Ultimate Ring: Mushroom Ring is the biggest it gets
Back to the Beginning: Hold B to remain underground, where you can move around freely
Path two
Lock 'N' Load: Can fire exploding mushrooms faster that do increased damage
Fungal Infestation: Mushroom Paratroopers stick to enemies and do damage over time
Paratrooper Invasion: Shoot 3 Mushroom Paratroopers at once
Soul Gem
Self-Slingshot: While holding A, press B to slingshot himself towards enemies - Soul Gem in Time of the Giants

Tree Rex
Photosynthesis Cannon: Press Z to harness the power of the sun and shoot light beams
Big Thorn Shockwave Slam: Press and Hold A for a bigger, more powerful Shockwave Slam
Super Stampede: Sequoia Stampede attack does increased damage
Treefolk Tripleshot: Photosynthesis Cannon fires triple burst shots
Path one
Titanic Elbow Drop: Press A while charging to perform one serious elbow drop move
Lightfooted: Charge longer and faster, doing more damage in the process
Ultimate Stampede: Sequoia Stampede attack does maximum damage
Path two
Super-Charged Vaporizer: Hold Z to charge up the Photosynthesis Cannon for more damage
Sun Skewer: Photosynthesis Cannon blasts through enemies and explodes for more damage
The Pod Maker: Vaporised enemies turn into exploding plant pods
Soul Gem
Woodpecker Pal: A woodpecker buddy joins Tree Rex in battle - Soul Gem in Molekin Mountain

Zook
Wow Pow
Target Lock!: Hold Z to bring up a targeting reticle and press A to hit that target - need Mortar Attack upgrade
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:40:50 18/10/2012 by Nibelilt
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#3 Posted: 16:33:33 18/10/2012
Awesome Thanks!!
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#4 Posted: 16:36:58 18/10/2012
Thank goodness this is the definitive list. I've seen far too many indefinite lists.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4149
#5 Posted: 17:18:45 18/10/2012
This is awesome! So excited!
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#6 Posted: 17:26:46 18/10/2012
Awesome.I now know which path my Bouncer will have
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#7 Posted: 17:27:05 18/10/2012
Thanks again Nibelilt also if you get the woodpecker soul gem for Tree Rex, could you post a picture of it please?
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#8 Posted: 17:46:06 18/10/2012
Hmm... Is it just me, or do these upgrades seem a lot more balanced this time around? I didn't read any of them and think "Oh, that's completely broken".

Out of these, I'm most looking forward to Chill, Fright Rider and Crusher. Fright Rider still looks a bit too much like Hex for my liking in terms of character design, but his gameplay looks to be super fun.

I'm gonna have to think about which path to choose for Pop-Fizz. A big part of me wants to take the path that upgrades his berserker mode since there seems to be a bit more risk factor involved with it, but the idea of potion mixing adds a bit of extra complexity that most skylander characters don't have.

Hopefully the next few days will go by quickly so the wait isn't so hard. I'm probably going to go to Wal-Mart today just to look at the display again. smilie Hopefully our EBGames has a good selection day 1 since that's where I'm going first. I pre-ordered a Giant, a three pack, the game, and the battle pack there, so I better go there first and get everything in case they decide to sell the things they're supposed to hold for me (something that occasionally happens at that location)
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#9 Posted: 18:08:17 18/10/2012
Thanks for this! Do you know what the different combinations are for pop fizz with the Mixologist upgrade?
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#10 Posted: 18:26:05 18/10/2012
Are there any names for these paths that you know?
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#11 Posted: 18:26:36 18/10/2012
Hi nibelit you know when you complete any skylander quest do you unlock a new hat and wheres the person who lets you trade money for new hats and treaures
---
"Taking Charge"
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#12 Posted: 18:30:03 18/10/2012
None of the wow-pows sound very unique or impressive, but I'm guessing it's not too imbalance them too much from the series 1 guys.

That being said, this game keeps getting better and better, "Woodpecker Pal: A woodpecker buddy joins Tree Rex in battle - Soul Gem in Molekin Mountain" unbelievable!!
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#13 Posted: 18:37:45 18/10/2012
Skipped some for the surprise, but I'm already excited!
---
cry baby, I am
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#14 Posted: 19:04:30 18/10/2012
With swarms soulngem do you shoot arm stingers and the butt stingers at the same time?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:01 18/10/2012 by Mrmorrises
CHeMnICORn Green Sparx Gems: 117
#15 Posted: 20:59:31 18/10/2012
Thanks for the preview! The WowPow for Whirlwind makes me itch to get her Polar version.

(oh, and your oh so awesome avatar just reminded me i need to catch up on some awkwardzombie comics!) smilie
---
Have smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie and smilie smilie
want smilie smilie polar smilie
Portalmaster name: Legend Divinedragon
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#16 Posted: 21:02:37 18/10/2012
My wallet is suffering. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!?!?!?!

I'm just joking. The upgrades look AWESOME and I can't wait to get them.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 21:09:23 18/10/2012
I want that bee cleaver upgrade.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#18 Posted: 22:09:45 18/10/2012
Bleaver.
---
cry baby, I am
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#19 Posted: 22:36:49 18/10/2012
Thanks a lot. Bouncer will be getting the Rocket Path in 1 hour
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#20 Posted: 23:03:08 18/10/2012
which path did u choose nibelilt?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#21 Posted: 00:38:57 19/10/2012
smilie's Wow Pow is very dissappointing, pretty useless (even though I still wanna get his repose because I can just switch upgrade paths without having to reset him. Also, he's one of my favorites).

BUT, I HAVE to get Series 2 smilie now! probably one of the best Wow Pows they made.
---
Fins, of fury!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#22 Posted: 00:47:41 19/10/2012
I want that lazer path for tree rex
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#23 Posted: 01:02:30 19/10/2012
Stay underground w/shroomboom? Cheating!
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
BigGuy0810 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1633
#24 Posted: 01:03:44 19/10/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13
smilie's Wow Pow is very dissappointing, pretty useless (even though I still wanna get his repose because I can just switch upgrade paths without having to reset him. Also, he's one of my favorites).

BUT, I HAVE to get Series 2 smilie now! probably one of the best Wow Pows they made.

But you still do damage, just dont have to go back on land like you do with the normal belly flop
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#25 Posted: 01:17:06 19/10/2012
Quote: BigGuy0810

But you still do damage, just dont have to go back on land like you do with the normal belly flop

I'm well aware. I just don't think its that good of a Wow Pow, kind of useless. I would rather have a cooler one, like Terrafin chomps the enemy with his teeth (as a combo, not a new move with a new button to press).
---
Fins, of fury!
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#26 Posted: 03:12:45 19/10/2012
I am really excited for everyone, but I am the most excited for Pop Fizz, Swarm, and Tree Rex.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#27 Posted: 13:50:55 20/10/2012
Quote: BigGuy0810

I'm well aware. I just don't think its that good of a Wow Pow, kind of useless. I would rather have a cooler one, like Terrafin chomps the enemy with his teeth (as a combo, not a new move with a new button to press).

the problem is that thumpback already has a biting attack

Quote: Bean Sprout
I am really excited for everyone, but I am the most excited for Pop Fizz, Swarm, and Tree Rex.

im most exicted for pop fizz hot head and fright rider
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4149
#28 Posted: 22:58:25 21/10/2012
Man, Pop Fizz is gonna be SO hard to pick!
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#29 Posted: 23:03:11 21/10/2012
Quote: awesomerockets
Man, Pop Fizz is gonna be SO hard to pick!

Same here! However, I am trying to try out both upgrade paths for the new characters, so I can give detailed instructions on which path to pick.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#30 Posted: 00:36:21 22/10/2012
I'm goin' to use regular down the potions path, and the Punch down Beast.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#31 Posted: 01:46:55 22/10/2012
Can anyone tell me what is your choice path for Crusher, Bouncer, and Hot Head
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#32 Posted: 01:53:50 22/10/2012
Not everyone has Hot Head.. Though a couple of people have Crusher and Bouncer though....
Not me, sadly...(Getting the game on Thursday and starting to buy figures on Tuesday. So that I have Tuesday and Wednesday to buy Swarm, Crusher, Fright Rider, and probably Pop Fizz and Bouncer too. (though maybe not those last two)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me