darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012)
First | Previous | Page 84 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 161 162 163
Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#4151 Posted: 18:53:12 14/10/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Matteomax

Fun fact:

$40, the price that it went for, is the same price that they are over here, in the land of overpriced items.

I don't normally defend scalpers, but I will brief you about this seller.

I am the reason he sold those for 40. He was selling them higher. Infact, he sold the first two for 50+. I sent him a message asking if he would sell the last 3 for 100 + 10 shipping (well worth it to avoid going to TRU on day 1, which I hate due to how bad scalping is at my local store and I don't want to clock someone in their grill for pushing me... again). He got back with me, and we agreed to 120, free shipping, and he would ship them out faster to me, instead of waiting 4 days after the auction ends, like originally stated.

I then asked the seller about hooking me up with Legendary Bouncer. I need 3. He got back with me and told me the auctions were up for him. He was selling a set amount for 75.00 each. Some people bought them. HOWEVER, he and I agreed the night before to 3 at 29 each, and he would ship them along with my Legendary 3-Pack on the same day. So, I paid a 13 dollar markup for the Legendary Triple Packs, and a 13 dollar markup on the Legendary Bouncers.

He is actually a pretty cool person to deal with, despite scalping these. It's odd for me to say it, but it was pleasant doing business with him, and I told him to hit me up when he gets L-Stealth Elf and L-Chill in early.

I wouldn't have done this, had it not been for the fact there is a scalper family in my city, that has this air-tight system and they aren't afraid to have their children/grandchildren push adults - knowing adults won't push back - to get what they can for their grandmother and grandfather. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

In anycase, this person hooked me up. I get my 3 Legendary 3-Packs and Bouncers in the next couple of days, and he was willing to lower the price for me, for buying more than 1.

I don't condone super scalpers, but this guy was willing to work with me a bit. We both got something. He got profit, while I got the convienance of being able to flip TRU the bird come Sunday and I can go straight from Target at 8 am, to Best Buy to pick up wave 1 at 10 am.

I will take pics of the figures when they arrive.

Well he sounds like a really nice guy.Can't wait to see those pics.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4152 Posted: 18:53:13 14/10/2012
We have confirmation on the voice of Crusher, he's voiced by Kevin Sorbo, who's notable for doing the role of Hercules in the 1994 live-action movies: http://sorbowriter.wordpress.com/tag/science-fiction/
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#4153 Posted: 19:00:47 14/10/2012
Quote: Aura24
We have confirmation on the voice of Crusher, he's voiced by Kevin Sorbo, who's notable for doing the role of Hercules in the 1994 live-action movies: http://sorbowriter.wordpress.com/tag/science-fiction/

Old news,my friend,in one of FamilyGamerTV's videos the bald guys said 'His kids liked Skylanders so he asked if he could do anything for Giants'
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
#4154 Posted: 19:02:09 14/10/2012
Really? Oh right, nvm then. They like make an update about it days later.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:03:53 14/10/2012 by Aura24
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#4155 Posted: 19:03:48 14/10/2012
Quote: CAMOflauge

Fun fact:

$40, the price that it went for, is the same price that they are over here, in the land of overpriced items.

I am the reason he sold those for 40. He was selling them higher. Infact, he sold the first two for 50+. I sent him a message asking if he would sell the last 3 for 100 + 10 shipping (well worth it to avoid going to TRU on day 1, which I hate due to how bad scalping is at my local store and I don't want to clock someone in their grill for pushing me... again). He got back with me, and we agreed to 120, free shipping, and he would ship them out faster to me, instead of waiting 4 days after the auction ends, like originally stated.

I then asked the seller about hooking me up with Legendary Bouncer. I need 3. He got back with me and told me the auctions were up for him. He was selling a set amount for 75.00 each. Some people bought them. HOWEVER, he and I agreed the night before to 3 at 29 each, and he would ship them along with my Legendary 3-Pack on the same day. So, I paid a 13 dollar markup for the Legendary Triple Packs, and a 13 dollar markup on the Legendary Bouncers.

He is actually a pretty cool person to deal with, despite scalping these. It's odd for me to say it, but it was pleasant doing business with him, and I told him to hit me up when he gets L-Stealth Elf and L-Chill in early.

I wouldn't have done this, had it not been for the fact there is a scalper family in my city, that has this air-tight system and they aren't afraid to have their children/grandchildren push adults - knowing adults won't push back - to get what they can for their grandmother and grandfather. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

In anycase, this person hooked me up. I get my 3 Legendary 3-Packs and Bouncers in the next couple of days, and he was willing to lower the price for me, for buying more than 1.

I don't condone super scalpers, but this guy was willing to work with me a bit. We both got something. He got profit, while I got the convienance of being able to flip TRU the bird come Sunday and I can go straight from Target at 8 am, to Best Buy to pick up wave 1 at 10 am.

I wonder if SlamBam will be Legendary in the first game?
Lets wait and see ouo

Sadly, no. Infact, Legendary figures from Giants don't even work on the first game. It's not hard to see why, however, as the first game was only programmed with 4 Legendaries in it.

Yeah, I will be posting pics of the opened sets when I get them in, in the next couple of days. I also bought 3 of the Lightcores off of him. I can actually play with those as soon as I get them, since they work on the first game. Giving them to my kids, however.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#4156 Posted: 19:04:07 14/10/2012
Quote: Aura24
Really? Oh right, nvm then.

Sorry if I put you down smilie
---
Pasta!
#4157 Posted: 19:04:37 14/10/2012
I wasn't put down, I remembered that I was the one who posted the news of Kevin Sorbo, and forgot about it.
---
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#4158 Posted: 19:42:26 14/10/2012
about those 'navy' or 'black' variant figures. Is it possible that if they are navy and not legendary colors that they are actually royal variants? How possible would it be that there are several royal variants. I think its possible. And I think a royal is nothing more than a pre-leveled character with an un-required skin variant.
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#4159 Posted: 20:05:42 14/10/2012
I remember a lot of ebay post during S:SA where legendaries where incorrectly listed as being black and gold. It's the same paint used in the first legendaries and it was mistaken as being black at times then so why would it not now. I suspect that the rumors of a royal "blue" Bouncer is at least one vendor misidentifying a Legendary Bouncer and spreading the rumor.
#4160 Posted: 20:13:58 14/10/2012

I wonder if SlamBam will be Legendary in the first game?
Lets wait and see ouo

Sadly, no. Infact, Legendary figures from Giants don't even work on the first game. It's not hard to see why, however, as the first game was only programmed with 4 Legendaries in it.

Yeah, I will be posting pics of the opened sets when I get them in, in the next couple of days. I also bought 3 of the Lightcores off of him. I can actually play with those as soon as I get them, since they work on the first game. Giving them to my kids, however.

I guessed that after I made my comment :P
---
Pasta!
SheldonCooper Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#4161 Posted: 20:25:39 14/10/2012
Hopefully someone in Australia who gets the 3DS version will be able to tell us whcih variants are required for 100% completion, then all the fuss about royals, mustard, winter and emerald variants will dissapear
---
BAZINGA! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies 'For you, no charge'.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
#4162 Posted: 20:32:31 14/10/2012
Quote: SheldonCooper
Hopefully someone in Australia who gets the 3DS version will be able to tell us whcih variants are required for 100% completion, then all the fuss about royals, mustard, winter and emerald variants will dissapear

1 word
Nibelilt
---
Pasta!
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#4163 Posted: 20:40:30 14/10/2012
I think its funny because in S:SA, most variants would just look normal in the game, right? I think this time, they tried to make the variants match in game color. But it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to have the royals in order to complete the in-game collection. However, this is only my guess.

I'm certain though that 100% completion in the levels is doable with one giant and all series 1 characters. It's the accolades we're questioning.
tmentuis Green Sparx Gems: 318
#4164 Posted: 21:06:08 14/10/2012
i think it is a lighting issue, thats all.
---
smiliegc:smilieGreensmilieFlockedsmilieWERsmilie GITDsmiliesmiliesmilie Bluesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Working On Collecting All Lightcore Package Variations.
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#4165 Posted: 21:29:58 14/10/2012
Quote: tmentuis
i think it is a lighting issue, thats all.

i agree, its just a lighting issue. The legendary characters from the first game had the same problem.
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4166 Posted: 22:33:14 14/10/2012
Just came back from TRU, snuck out a Giants Gift card, and found out that the only place in Jersey that has Mega Bloks is Totowa!

90 Miles from there!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#4167 Posted: 22:45:15 14/10/2012
Just came back from TRU, snuck out a Giants Gift card, and found out that the only place in Jersey that has Mega Bloks is Totowa!

90 Miles from there!

*calls cops* HELLO COPS? WE GOT SOMEONE WHO STOLE A GIFT CARD! I feel violated because he stole one of my Gift Cards D:
---
words. letters. filler.
#4168 Posted: 22:47:22 14/10/2012
^ I just got it cause it was sitting there. TO EVILBAY!

*Hops in Sprocketmobile*

It doesnt have any money value on it, and it isnt valid until when Giants is out. No need to worry..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:24 14/10/2012 by Matteomax
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4169 Posted: 23:01:50 14/10/2012
My local best buy had a HUGE display with the poster and images of the single packs. But no demo.
#4170 Posted: 23:03:12 14/10/2012
^ Mine too, but it has the TV set up with a Playstation 3 playing Baseball.. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:31 14/10/2012 by Matteomax
#4171 Posted: 23:04:59 14/10/2012
Mine was showing a PS3 intro video.
#4172 Posted: 23:05:32 14/10/2012

*Hops in Sprocketmobile*

It doesnt have any money value on it, and it isnt valid until when Giants is out. No need to worry..

YOU ACTUALLY STOLE IT?!?!?!
I DON'T CARE IF ITS ONLY A GIFTCARD,YOU GO STRAIGHT BACK INTO THAT SHOP AND PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU FOUND IT!
I'm joking,but I'm still annoyed,someone,somewhere spent time making that,it's disrespectful just to take it
---
Pasta!
#4173 Posted: 23:07:26 14/10/2012
Another BB said they would have it set up later in the week.
#4174 Posted: 23:10:15 14/10/2012

*Hops in Sprocketmobile*

I DON'T CARE IF ITS ONLY A GIFTCARD,YOU GO STRAIGHT BACK INTO THAT SHOP AND PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU FOUND IT!
I'm joking,but I'm still annoyed,someone,somewhere spent time making that,it's disrespectful just to take it

smilie sorree...

Anybody in Jersey find any Giants Games or Figures at their stores?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:28 14/10/2012 by Matteomax
#4175 Posted: 23:10:56 14/10/2012
DON'T SAY STUFF ABOUT STEALING

POST PICS PLZ
#4176 Posted: 23:15:34 14/10/2012
[User Posted Image]

Lol, you can almost see me.
---
#4177 Posted: 23:16:14 14/10/2012
COOL
EET LOOK NICE
#4178 Posted: 23:18:03 14/10/2012
Lol, valid 10/21..

TO EVILBAY
---
#4179 Posted: 23:19:31 14/10/2012

*Hops in Sprocketmobile*

smilie sorree...

Anybody in Jersey find any Giants Games or Figures at their stores?

It's ok,I was brought up to hate stealing,I have never stolen anything in my entire life,although my Mam has no problem sneaking into the cinema
---
Pasta!
#4180 Posted: 23:23:58 14/10/2012
That's ok, I hate stealing too, but when it has more value to it, like if somebody stole a Single Pack..
---
#4181 Posted: 23:25:40 14/10/2012
Oh, no figures spotted.

But next week (5 days for US) the will most likely be more spottings.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#4182 Posted: 23:28:35 14/10/2012

*Hops in Sprocketmobile*

Carjacker. Stealin' Nibelilt's ride?
---
cry baby, I am
SkyDude Blue Sparx Gems: 621
#4183 Posted: 23:40:45 14/10/2012

90 Miles from there!

hey thats my local toysrus
---
Join my Granite Crusher Fan Club tryin to get at least 50 members //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=61597
#4184 Posted: 23:41:15 14/10/2012
*Jumps out of Sprocketmobile, and goes back in time, N.Tropy style.*
---
#4185 Posted: 23:41:51 14/10/2012
Quote: SkyDude

90 Miles from there!

Go there then! They have plenty of Mega Bloks there! About 28 boxes of them!

Urp, Double post. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:43:13 14/10/2012 by Matteomax
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4186 Posted: 00:27:08 15/10/2012

*Hops in Sprocketmobile*

Don't feel too bad, at worst you're making one person receive a generic TRU giftcard instead.
They need to be activated first before they have value anyway.
---
#all Spyros are valid
SkyDude Blue Sparx Gems: 621
#4187 Posted: 00:33:28 15/10/2012
Quote: SkyDude

90 Miles from there!

Go there then! They have plenty of Mega Bloks there! About 28 boxes of them!

Urp, Double post. smilie

Thanx im head there
---
Join my Granite Crusher Fan Club tryin to get at least 50 members //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=61597
#4188 Posted: 00:35:32 15/10/2012

Fun fact:

So beautiful
I Crai evertiem
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4189 Posted: 01:02:04 15/10/2012
This is probably slowpoke-ing a bit here, but I've never seen anyone say anything one way or the other.

Walmart also has the GitD Cynder in the 3DS pack, which is great news for those of us who plan to get the 3DS version (more than likely simply for Punch Pop Fizz), but are also planning on getting the console version at a different store.

[User Posted Image]
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#4190 Posted: 01:04:17 15/10/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
This is probably slowpoke-ing a bit here, but I've never seen anyone say anything one way or the other.

Walmart also has the GitD Cynder in the 3DS pack, which is great news for those of us who plan to get the 3DS version (more than likely simply for Punch Pop Fizz), but are also planning on getting the console version at a different store.

[User Posted Image]

old news, sorry
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4191 Posted: 01:33:05 15/10/2012
Wow... so much stuff has been spoiled and my no-spoiler challenge starts on Tuesday. I can't wait to suffer from no-skylander related insanity! (not really...)
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2250
#4192 Posted: 01:36:08 15/10/2012
^ activision would be very very rich
---
Green Bean Machine
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#4193 Posted: 01:38:21 15/10/2012
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
who thinks it would be a cool idea if they randomised the giant you get in the booster packs?

No. Because Activision might make one Giant rarer than the others and Evilbay will become a war zone and then..... Well, who knows what might happen?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:53 15/10/2012 by skyoutube
#4194 Posted: 01:40:40 15/10/2012
who thinks it would be a cool idea if they randomised the giant you get in the booster packs?

Evilbay would become a Scalper War Zone!

I'd personally HATE that because you might buy a booster pack with a giant that you like and then notice that the one behind it also has a giant you like so it'd be hard to choose.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#4195 Posted: 01:43:27 15/10/2012
Question. Will the Jet-Vac single be released Wave One, or will he be exclusive for the time being?
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#4196 Posted: 01:44:02 15/10/2012
Quote: skyoutube

No. Because Activision might make one Giant rarer than the others and Evilbay will become a war zone and then..... Well, who knows what might happen?

ever since activision put random giants in booster packs, ebay has become a warzone. wars have started because some people have not won an auction. we are living in an apocalypse. scalpers are buying everything, and killing children. right infront of everyone. now the military has been called on to shoot down the scalpers.... Help.
#4197 Posted: 01:45:23 15/10/2012
Jet-Vac will be a single jus tnot in wave one... we've got a picture of EVERYONE in wave 1 a couple of pages back. (I think. Don't take my word for that last part.)
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#4198 Posted: 01:56:40 15/10/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks
Question. Will the Jet-Vac single be released Wave One, or will he be exclusive for the time being?

Jet-Vac is confirmed not to be part of wave 1 so for now he is exclusive to the starter packs as is Cynder. Expect LC Jet-Vac in wave 2. TRU has done pre-orders for the singles I am personally hoping this does not happen because tey are destined to ust be peg fillers.
#4199 Posted: 02:01:12 15/10/2012
Where is the news on wave 2 ItJustMe? Please tell me and don't let it just be you who knows. (pun intentionally placed)
First | Previous | Page 84 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 161 162 163

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me