Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 6 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The UK Pre-Order Thread [CLOSED]
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#251 Posted: 18:00:29 08/10/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
I think a lot of the [insert shop name here] lack of solid information can simply be out down to this statement that [insert shop name here] believes to be true: Skylanders is toys, only small children buy toys and small children don't care about uncoming information on toys.

Don't flame me for that, I am a fully grown adult who collects these too, in my experience that is also what Activision (or at least the Rep and staff at the Arena Tour) think is true.

Activision are aware there are a lot of adult collectors of Skylanders figures. That's the reason they put out the variants, to suck the collectors in! They acknowledge this and that is why they don't care if they are rare and prices are pushed up by scalpers. More publicity for them.

In my case, my kid also wants them and I'm not willing to pay over RRP for them!

That's why the portal with the GITD Cynder should keep him happy for a while at least.

Edit: Does anyone know if the Starter pack also includes the Jet Vac Light core figure, the pose is for a light core?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:01 08/10/2012 by fanjo
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#252 Posted: 18:37:17 08/10/2012
Problem is that the staff can only see what the advertising says. I have this trouble all the time at work where people ask me about things that were advertised and I can't answer because I can only see what's currently online.

I've bitten the bullet and pre-ordered the game in Gamestation. I've got the 18th and 19th off work so I'll be going in on the 18th to check they have the figures and put my name down for some on the 19th. Then I'll be making a trip to TRU :3
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#253 Posted: 08:24:21 09/10/2012
Just found this on the GAME website. Some sort of exclusive strategy guide with poster. Whether its just the normal strategy guide with an exclusive poster or some sort of hardback or even some exclusive pages, I don't know. I preordered it anyway to see what it is. No release date though.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/skyla...anders%20giants
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:33:59 09/10/2012 by kiz3000
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#254 Posted: 09:47:51 09/10/2012
Quote: kiz3000
Just found this on the GAME website. Some sort of exclusive strategy guide with poster. Whether its just the normal strategy guide with an exclusive poster or some sort of hardback or even some exclusive pages, I don't know. I preordered it anyway to see what it is. No release date though.

thankyou! preordered. I hadn't ordered the guide yet and it was on my todo list for today.
werespyro Red Sparx Gems: 96
#255 Posted: 09:48:19 09/10/2012
I've just checked the websites and I can't find anywhere where it states if cynder is GITD or not...just the portal :/
I really want to know as I stil need to pre-order so I may be asking around
---
36/37 SSA skylanders
Want smilie
uni student/game artist!
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#256 Posted: 09:56:33 09/10/2012
^ the cynder is definately gitd
#257 Posted: 10:05:56 09/10/2012
Quote: werespyro
I've just checked the websites and I can't find anywhere where it states if cynder is GITD or not...just the portal :/
I really want to know as I stil need to pre-order so I may be asking around

This page on the GAME website confirms a GitD Cynder.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/w...4&storeId=10151

Add to thatthe various pictures that we have of this pack that has a GitD Cynder and you wouldhave to say that it would be highly unlikely for this not to include it.
werespyro Red Sparx Gems: 96
#258 Posted: 12:00:39 09/10/2012
oh right thanks for clearing that up guys smilie
---
36/37 SSA skylanders
Want smilie
uni student/game artist!
#259 Posted: 07:45:34 10/10/2012

GAME have now added a picture of this item and it confirms an exclusive poster or 3. For an extra £3 over the lowest £9.99 price of the guide I think this is a pretty good deal.

FYI: Zavvi are selling the normal strategy guide for £19.99 if anyone is interested.

EDIT: There isn't a release date for it yet but personally I don't mind as I won't read through it until I've finished my initial run through the game anyway. I wouldassume that it will release on October 19th.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:50:45 10/10/2012 by kiz3000
#260 Posted: 08:01:04 10/10/2012

GAME have now added a picture of this item and it confirms an exclusive poster or 3. For an extra £3 over the lowest £9.99 price of the guide I think this is a pretty good deal.

FYI: Zavvi are selling the normal strategy guide for £19.99 if anyone is interested.

EDIT: There isn't a release date for it yet but personally I don't mind as I won't read through it until I've finished my initial run through the game anyway. I wouldassume that it will release on October 19th.

Great find, I was so close to ordering the normal one. Glad it has a picture now. TBH I dont have room for any more posters so I dont know what I will do with them. I dont expect GAME to ship the guides in time anyway. Pokemon dispatched yesterday but my guide has not smilie

Lol who would pay £20 for a normal guide?
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#261 Posted: 09:53:39 10/10/2012
From a HMV employee: "we've got something else extra special on Giants which we'll be able to announce this week!"
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#262 Posted: 09:55:38 10/10/2012
It could be the golden ticket competition,there will be 50 golden tickets put into random Giants Starter and Booster packs,if you find one you get every new Skylander in every wave for free,I'm not even joking
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
#263 Posted: 10:00:00 10/10/2012
Quote: fanjo
I saw that Game and Gamestation dropped their picture and only metion a GITD portal.

Gamestop Ireland have The GITD Cynder and portal advertised and I've taken screen dumps and a copy of the picture which I will hold them to. But that's kind of the reason I haven't pre-ordered in the first place - I can see a lot of annoyed people regarding this offer change.

[User Posted Image]

Post the offer here for proof.

I saw,advertised on a random game box that it guarantees a GITD Cynder and portal
---
Pasta!
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#264 Posted: 10:04:28 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAMOflauge
It could be the golden ticket competition,there will be 50 golden tickets put into random Giants Starter and Booster packs,if you find one you get every new Skylander in every wave for free,I'm not even joking

I've seen this on somewhere else but can't for the life of me find the image right now. If I remember correctly the offer is something like: HMV have hidden 50 Golden Tickets into Starter and Booster packs for Giants in the UK and Ireland, find the ticket and you get a full set of figures (I'm not sure if they stated the definition of a "full set").
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#265 Posted: 10:27:42 10/10/2012
Damn, I guess that's incentive to buy the game from HMV.

Shame they decided to abstain from advertising this campaign until after everyone had pre-ordered elsewhere.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#266 Posted: 10:45:17 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sequoia Spyro

Shame they decided to abstain from advertising this campaign until after everyone had pre-ordered elsewhere.

I did read somewhere that if shops don't make their preorders they do promotions to get the preorders, the whole thing confuses me.
Here's the picture:
[User Posted Image]
---
#267 Posted: 10:48:31 10/10/2012
Ughhhhhhhhhh what smilie not cool HMV....
#268 Posted: 10:52:38 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Here's the text that follows that image, discovered by bizylizzy on another forum:
"hmv Skylanders Giants golden ticket competition offer valid to UK and ROI customers only. Win a complete set of the full Skylanders Giants standard character range when you find an exclusive Skylanders Giants golden ticket inside a Skylanders Giants Starter Pack or Skylanders Giants Booster Pack. Each owner of a golden ticket will receive a complete Skylanders Giants full standard character range. Launch characters available from the release of Skylanders Giants on 19th October 2012 will be sent out immediately once winners have been validated, with subsequent characters in the range being released at a later date will be dispatched as and when available. Fifty limited edition golden tickets available, with only one redemption available per customer. Not valid in conjunction with any offer and prize is non transferable. Golden tickets which are damaged will be void. ©2012 Activision Publishing, Inc. SKYLANDERS GIANTS is a trademark, and PORTAL OF POWER and ACTIVISION are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved."
---
#269 Posted: 11:09:52 10/10/2012
Thing is, based on that text that could mean anything. Seeing as it says "...standard character range..." that probably just means the 8 new 'landers, not the series 2, lightcore or Giants. I think I'm okay.
---
#270 Posted: 11:35:04 10/10/2012
Thing is, based on that text that could mean anything. Seeing as it says "...standard character range..." that probably just means the 8 new 'landers, not the series 2, lightcore or Giants. I think I'm okay.

Yeah, that's certainly the implication and I think it's worthy of reporting an advert like that to trading standards as the big text suggests the whole set. They're effectively obscuring key information to get you to buy from them
---
#271 Posted: 11:43:13 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I placed my order for the Wii U Starter pack on Zavvi and using Kiz3000's referral code (ZV13789453) and coupon £4 off £40 (VCUKOCT4) I got the price down to £45.49 (red circle).
What's interesting is the yellow circle on this screengrab, dispatch tomorrow?
[User Posted Image]
---
#272 Posted: 11:53:36 10/10/2012
As I'm in a bit of a picky mood today I reported the HMV advert to the ASA. I don't want to see any parents being fleeced.
---
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#273 Posted: 12:12:45 10/10/2012
Quote: wideawakewesley
As I'm in a bit of a picky mood today I reported the HMV advert to the ASA. I don't want to see any parents being fleeced.

Here's the link:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=5586

I placed my order for the Wii U Starter pack on Zavvi and using Kiz3000's referral code (ZV13789453) and coupon £4 off £40 (VCUKOCT4) I got the price down to £45.49 (red circle).
What's interesting is the yellow circle on this screengrab, dispatch tomorrow?
[User Posted Image]

I'm sure the shops have stock in atm or soon. They shouldn't release it till 19th. But who knows.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:14:55 10/10/2012 by fanjo
#274 Posted: 12:21:17 10/10/2012
I went to GameStop to ask when the WiiU was coming out.
They said it would come out on November the 31st.
Wat
---
Pasta!
#275 Posted: 12:26:56 10/10/2012
Quote: CAMOflauge
I went to GameStop to ask when the WiiU was coming out.
They said it would come out on November the 31st.
Wat

Hahahahaha brilliant. The person was obviously confused. Its coming out on the last day of November which this person obviously thought was the 31st. Good luck getting your Wii U's over there in Ireland smilie
Undercoverspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#276 Posted: 14:30:33 10/10/2012
I ordered the GITD pack from Gamestop.ie today - postage only costs 2 EUR to the UK and after conversion it was £64.20 - their customer response was speedier and more knowledgeable than either Game or Gamestation. I feel they deserve my business more - let's wait and see! I don't need it on launch date as it is a November birthday gift although some retailers will send a day or 2 ahead of time to ensure release day delivery - I'm sure there will be MUCH speculation on that a couple of days before release!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#277 Posted: 14:43:29 10/10/2012

I did read somewhere that if shops don't make their preorders they do promotions to get the preorders, the whole thing confuses me.
Here's the picture:
[User Posted Image]

Lucky for those that are in Europe that get this kind of contest giveaway
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#278 Posted: 14:44:21 10/10/2012
I wish I was UK
#279 Posted: 14:51:44 10/10/2012
I wish I was born in the UK smilie
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#280 Posted: 17:05:55 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: WhirlwindDragon
I wish I was born in the UK smilie

[off topic]Why not move here, live here for 5 years, then apply to become a legal resident with dual Nationality? It's the closest non UK-born people get to being 100% British[/off topic]
---
PortalMasterEon Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#281 Posted: 17:29:18 10/10/2012
Just contacted my local TRU and they have the Legendary Triple ready to sell on launch!
---
Greetings Portal Masters!
I'm looking for a Royal Double Trouble + Platinum Chest
#282 Posted: 17:30:42 10/10/2012
Buzz I'm planning to at some point but for now I can't afford to do that
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#283 Posted: 17:33:35 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: PortalMasterEon
Just contacted my local TRU and they have the Legendary Triple ready to sell on launch!

Nice find Eon (and welcome back, haven't see you post in a while smilie)
---
#284 Posted: 17:34:54 10/10/2012
What is HMV anyways?
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#285 Posted: 17:45:04 10/10/2012

Great news!

........damn I need to get to a TRU before they sell out smilie
PortalMasterEon Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#286 Posted: 17:48:59 10/10/2012
Quote: IAmMarti

Great news!

........damn I need to get to a TRU before they sell out smilie

Exactly what I thought!
---
Greetings Portal Masters!
I'm looking for a Royal Double Trouble + Platinum Chest
#287 Posted: 17:58:18 10/10/2012
I really dont want to order it online as they have stupid postage smilie boyfriend and I had planned to go skylander shopping on the Monday as we did last year but I fear due to how big it is now, that the stock will sell out that weekend....
#288 Posted: 18:10:34 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
What is HMV anyways?

A music shop that also sells games and other things found in the UK and Ireland. Their logo is a dog sitting in front of a Grammaphone presumably listening to His Master Voice (HMV).
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#289 Posted: 19:04:04 10/10/2012
Dark Spyro users living in the UK can now get 5% off Skylanders Giants figures.

Place your order at http://skylandersgiantsgame.co.uk then simply enter the following voucher code in the shopping cart:

CRUSHFIVEOFF

thanks to dark52 for allowing me to post details of this discount
#290 Posted: 19:16:05 10/10/2012
Great discount for those in UK
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#291 Posted: 20:19:39 10/10/2012
Is the discount only for the people in the UK? Or is it actually being allowed to order?
#292 Posted: 20:25:41 10/10/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises
Is the discount only for the people in the UK? Or is it actually being allowed to order?

I think it's for people in UK only lucky for them
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#293 Posted: 21:08:17 10/10/2012
I really dont want to order it online as they have stupid postage smilie boyfriend and I had planned to go skylander shopping on the Monday as we did last year but I fear due to how big it is now, that the stock will sell out that weekend....

I'm doing the rounds on release day as I have the day off work. Want me to pick you up anything? I'll be going to TRU.
---
#294 Posted: 21:23:15 10/10/2012

I'm doing the rounds on release day as I have the day off work. Want me to pick you up anything? I'll be going to TRU.

Man that would be awesome if you could. I'd love the legendary triple please, I believe that's all we know are exclusive to TRU at launch right now yeah? Although I doubt TRU are going to let you buy more than one smilie the one in Exeter didn't let me buy two blue bash lol.
#295 Posted: 21:27:02 10/10/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises

I think it's for people in UK only lucky for them

Skylanders in the UK cost an equivalent of 13 US dollars :/
---
Pasta!
#296 Posted: 21:33:37 10/10/2012
Man that would be awesome if you could. I'd love the legendary triple please, I believe that's all we know are exclusive to TRU at launch right now yeah? Although I doubt TRU are going to let you buy more than one smilie the one in Exeter didn't let me buy two blue bash lol.

We shall see about that. Danielle should be coming with me so I should have another pair of hands >:3
---
#297 Posted: 21:35:00 10/10/2012

We shall see about that. Danielle should be coming with me so I should have another pair of hands >:3

Great! smilie
#298 Posted: 21:41:21 10/10/2012
Great! smilie

Don't take my word for it, though. I may not be able to get to TRU depending on whether work force me to work overtime so don't get your hopes up xP

Plus depending on how many figurines Gamestation get in I may not be able to afford the bus.

Is there any word on Tesco's exclusive yet?
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#299 Posted: 02:33:42 11/10/2012
^Half the fun was in the bragging rights that finally the UK got something the US didn't and also just have something unique to sell on to cover the cost of the pack being more expensive at GAMEstation.

EDIT: Due to an extension in word count, there is a major overhaul of the top post in process, please stand by while I reorganise the top post and update the prices

Well I hate to tell you this Walmart or Sams Dud (yes I know its club I just hate them) Have Gitd Cynder and portal
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#300 Posted: 05:28:59 11/10/2012
Quote: Sleepy0429
Well I hate to tell you this Walmart or Sams Dud (yes I know its club I just hate them) Have Gitd Cynder and portal

We are aware, hence Buzz's post.

Skylanders may be released in 8 days but Pokémon is tomorrow :3 hoping mine comes today.
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me