darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012)
First | Previous | Page 56 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 161 162 163
Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#2751 Posted: 04:03:44 28/09/2012
I really want to know what Sunburn's, Camo's, Ghost Roaster's, Dino-Rang's, Warnado's, Wham Shell's and Voodoo's voices will sound like... Any chance we've gotten ANY thing on S1 voices?

On a totally unrelated note (though not that off topic) : I was at Target today looking for the Granite Crusher display (Didn't come anywhere close...) and instead found a Whammy and me and my mind got into an argument and said "Get it! It's UBER rare!" "I promised I wouldn't get any S1 skylanders because of S2 just being reposes!" "Wham Shell's not getting a repose you butt!"

Sorry, I guess it was kinda off topic
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#2752 Posted: 04:07:20 28/09/2012
Just relax, there is SOME leniancy to the off-topicness. smilie

But we actually did hear Wham-Shell's voice in one of the AR shirt videos(IMO, it's terrible). I'll try to find it.
ENVSV6 Green Sparx Gems: 317
#2753 Posted: 04:28:42 28/09/2012
Well I have paid in full a pre-order of skylanders giants starter pack $98au (Tree Rex, Jet-Vac, Cynder S2) I was going to put the portal owners pack $78au on pre-order but decided to go with the starter pack as I want the extra 2 figurines and for $20 extra I think its worth the extra money to get those figurines + an extra portal

I have also paid in full a pre-order Skylanders Giants Battlepack $28au EB Games Exclusive(Chop Chop, Shroomboom, Golden Dragonfire Cannon)

All this is due on the 17th oct so I am eagerly counting down the days till I walk into that store and just grab those goodies and get home to play the game
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#2754 Posted: 05:12:05 28/09/2012
WOW you're gone for a month and you miss like 7 variants? i gotta say, giants seemed fun but they over-killed on in game variants. gravel crusher, ninjinni ALT., winter whirlwind, and new legends. im tempted to buy'em but this is getting out of hand.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Henso559 Green Sparx Gems: 320
#2755 Posted: 05:45:27 28/09/2012
I like the poster-look of Granite Crusher, but his in-game pic is too dark. I like normal Crusher and don't know which to get.
Is there any game-play differences between the two?
Which should I get?
I'm just thinking Crusher.

And with that wi-fi thingy, will they glow next to my iPod Touch? I guess so, but just to make sure.
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#2756 Posted: 06:55:56 28/09/2012
I like the dark crusher! Well, I like green more than blue, (crushers crystals) but getting a exclusive feels special to me! Plus dark is epic!
---
I like Skylanders...
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#2757 Posted: 06:59:31 28/09/2012
Quote: Aura24
For those who didn't see the full details of FamilyGamerTV's new 32 minute Giants interview.

Key Points from video description revealed from interview:

Story: Kaos is back on Earth and is now able to move. When trying to return to Skylands he electrifies his body, which reaches out and activates ancient machinery (Arkeyan Giant Robots). The leader of the Robots is voiced by George Takei. They team with Kaos to take over Skylands and activate a load of Arkeyan Machinery. After the last game Flynn got a load of cash and bought a cursed ship. Players will travel on the ship through Skylands to find the lost city of the Arkeyans. Hugo, Cali and Persephony return, Ermit and are joined by a grumpy new character Hermit.

• Series 2 figures have one additional (Wow Pow) upgrade and can switch between upgrades on the fly.
  • All characters from both games go to Level 15.
  • There are no batteries in the portals anymore as they are replaced by long cables to help families save on batteries.
  • LightCore figures will drain old battery powered portals slightly faster.
  • Re-worked characters (Series 2 + 4 LightCore) will work in Spyro's Adventure, but they will play exactly like Series 1 figures.
  • LightCore figures will still light up when playing Spyro's Adventure, but only from a cosmetic stand point and not in game. This explains the packaging of the LightCore Skylanders stating they do now work in the original game.
  • Toys for Bob envision using LightCore character's light explosion entrance as a way to dispatch lots of enemies because it causes damage in a smart bomb effect.
  • The only areas you can't access with Series 1 characters are the Giant specific areas.
  • One Skylander of each element and a single Giant will allow you to access all of the game.
  • 3DS version is more of a platform game and now developed by N-Space.
  • All character development and customisation is cross platform.
  • All figures released with Giants (i.e. orange based) introduce a new heroic challenge.
  • Series 1 characters can be used in the new heroic challenges to gain new upgrades.
  • The game now has difficulty levels that can be changed on the fly.
  • Finish the game and unlock nightmare difficulty level.
  • All magic items and adventure packs work in Giants.
  • Adventure packs will exist and will work the same as the previous ones.
  • Battle Magic Packs are focused on Player vs Player, and come with two figures and a "LightCore" magic item.
  • There's a new Player vs Player mode called Ring Out.
  • The Battle Magic Pack item can be used in the single player game and is time limited like regular magic items.
  • A higher supple of toys will be produced this time to stay ahead of demand.
  • The figures will be released in waves like the first game.
  • However there will be more toys released earlier in the cycle this time.
  • More special edition toys (Legendary, Glow, Flock etc) and golden ticket (Silver, Gold etc) again this year.
  • There was the hint of more Sidekicks although not confirmed.
  • Skylanders Giants doesn't use the NFC feature on the Wii U controller because of the location and inabilty to recreate the portal experience -- keep toy visible during gameplay.
  • LightCore toys will glow in the real world if you place them near other NFC devices such as the WiiU controller.
  • Skystones is collectable virtual card game inside the Giants game.
  • Money can be used to buy a variety of different things (hats, charms etc. but no clothes).

George Takei voices the leader of the Arkeyan robots? YES PLEASE smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#2758 Posted: 10:38:43 28/09/2012
Quote: Henso559
I like the poster-look of Granite Crusher, but his in-game pic is too dark. I like normal Crusher and don't know which to get.
Is there any game-play differences between the two?
Which should I get?
I'm just thinking Crusher.

And with that wi-fi thingy, will they glow next to my iPod Touch? I guess so, but just to make sure.

there will probably be some stat differences.
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2759 Posted: 10:41:34 28/09/2012
Bionical, you should add the normal dragonfire cannon since it got confirmed.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#2760 Posted: 10:50:12 28/09/2012
Finally, new page...

Skylanders Giants flashlights?

[User Posted Image]

i wonder if it will only be sold at toy's r us, because it has legendary characters on it.
---
#2761 Posted: 11:48:13 28/09/2012
Actually, there were flashlights for the first game and they were even cheaper, they were just shiny blue with a white logo on them.

BEAT THAT. *serious face*
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2762 Posted: 11:50:04 28/09/2012

Battle Swarm vs. Tree Rex
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#2763 Posted: 12:03:27 28/09/2012
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: DinoHex
Quote: parisruelz12
(I love how people are getting worked up over pictures on the internet and spam)

Actually, the meme spam is making this page take longer to load than usual for me. Kind of frustrating in a way.

If you don't tell them to stop posting they'll get bored and leave! They now know that it's aggravating you so they are to keep doing it. smilie

To be honest I stopped because I realized I was starting to push it and I didn't want to get banned.

But it was VERY fun smilie

But come on, you guys (excluding Nibelit+Lego Lander) really need to stop being so serious and laugh a little bit smilie

Any who, it's pretty obvious that Crusher will be out wave 1 because the Granite Crusher already has a display out.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2250
#2764 Posted: 12:06:41 28/09/2012
^thats a good point and supports the amazon leak as wave one
---
Green Bean Machine
#2765 Posted: 12:09:08 28/09/2012
Well I hope the Amazon l-----

I'm stopping before I get hurt... *genuinely trips not due to members* OW! smilie

But yeah, if that leak is Wave One, I shall be very pleased, because then I only need to wait for Prism Break to have my complete (planned) team, and even his LightCore will be out on day one.

And as for the meme posts- I think the message the title the video from the link in my signature conveys is very fitting... smilie
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2766 Posted: 12:44:24 28/09/2012
Yeah, S1 Skylanders, including the ones who didn't get reposed, will speak english as well.

Do we have any trailers to know what the unreposed characters will sound like now?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#2767 Posted: 12:56:55 28/09/2012
Quote: Rand O M
How do we know for sure some figures will be in wave 1

The easy answer to this is we don't and won't until ases are sent to te stores and opened by staff. it will still be weeks until we get an official wave listing. If you are waiting for activision to announce a full lineup you may be out of luck. The Amazon leak was a specific selection of toys that included distribution information indicating early release. This fact has been a solid sign that all of these figures would be the first ones released. We also know that all initial variants promoted had the main figure promoted in the leak (Crusher, Ignitor, Slam Bam, Jet Vac, Dragonfire Cannon, Flameslinger) all the figures showing up in catalogues were part of the leak and the few activision have teased to fans were all part of that leak. This combined with activision hinting at a heavy first couple of waves and the figure selection not likely being completely random for the leak.

Smart money is that the leak will be pretty close to wave 1 allowing for last minute figure swaps and tweaks.

Not sure why after all this time and the continued validity people still argue about the leak being wave 1 or 1 and 2
ENVSV6 Green Sparx Gems: 317
#2768 Posted: 12:58:29 28/09/2012
The dragonfire cannon battlepack

https://www.ebgames.com.au/3ds...on-Nintendo-3DS
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#2769 Posted: 13:33:23 28/09/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe
Quote: Rand O M
How do we know for sure some figures will be in wave 1

The easy answer to this is we don't and won't until ases are sent to te stores and opened by staff. it will still be weeks until we get an official wave listing. If you are waiting for activision to announce a full lineup you may be out of luck. The Amazon leak was a specific selection of toys that included distribution information indicating early release. This fact has been a solid sign that all of these figures would be the first ones released. We also know that all initial variants promoted had the main figure promoted in the leak (Crusher, Ignitor, Slam Bam, Jet Vac, Dragonfire Cannon, Flameslinger) all the figures showing up in catalogues were part of the leak and the few activision have teased to fans were all part of that leak. This combined with activision hinting at a heavy first couple of waves and the figure selection not likely being completely random for the leak.

Smart money is that the leak will be pretty close to wave 1 allowing for last minute figure swaps and tweaks.

Not sure why after all this time and the continued validity people still argue about the leak being wave 1 or 1 and 2

Ok, thank you for clarifying. I'm just not sure if I really want to trust this leak, I mean we really have no hard core proof, it's just the assumption they will be there.
#2770 Posted: 13:40:41 28/09/2012
Brace yourselves! Wars are coming! Time to...
[User Posted Image]

"Grin!"

To go back on topic though, a recap. Assuming the new in-store advertisements we can safely assume these characters are part of Wave One:

-Everything in the Starter/Portal Owners Packs (DUH)

-Crusher (Assumed via Granite Crusher)
-Granite Crusher (Assumed via Target Exclusive advertisement)

-Series Two Slam Bam (Due to almost certain release of Legendary Triple containing his Legendary variant)

-Series Two Ignitor (Due to almost certain release of Legendary Triple containing his Legendary variant)

-Bouncer (Due to likely release of Legendary Bouncer)

-Series Two Chop Chop (Due to almost certain release of Golden Dragonfire Cannon and Dragonfire Cannon)

-Shroomboom (Due to almost certain release of Golden Dragonfire Cannon and Dragonfire Cannon)

-Golden Dragonfire Cannon (EB Games/Gamestop Exclusive, listed launch day on EB site, 99% chance anyway)

-Dragonfire Cannon (Some users are already likely to get them early so it's fair locking this in)

-Legendary Slam Bam/Ignitor/Jet-Vac Triple (TRU Exclusive, assumed via listing on TRU hot toys catalog)
Legendary Bouncer (TRU Exclusive, Assumed via TRU order in Australia that makes him half-price when you preorder a Game Pack there)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:54:28 28/09/2012 by Nibelilt
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2771 Posted: 14:06:15 28/09/2012
It looks like Chill, Pop Fizz, and Fright Rider will be in wave 1 as well.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#2772 Posted: 14:47:14 28/09/2012
Skylanders megablocks!!![User Posted Image]

there's more
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:30 28/09/2012 by DummyZ
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#2773 Posted: 17:21:29 28/09/2012
Aren't anyone the least bit curious what or whom will come in the battle magic packs?
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#2774 Posted: 18:02:29 28/09/2012
Two words: Hot Dog
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2775 Posted: 18:08:17 28/09/2012
Quote: nocturnalnathan
Yeah, S1 Skylanders, including the ones who didn't get reposed, will speak english as well.

Do we have any trailers to know what the unreposed characters will sound like now?

No, I don't think we'll be getting trailers of the unreposed Skylanders, unless their soul gems are in the game. But there have been some recent media of Wham-Shell talking:

And there's recent mentioning of another Giant variant, called Mold Rex: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=186634
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:26 28/09/2012 by Aura24
#2776 Posted: 18:20:06 28/09/2012
Poor wham shell, what did they do to you?!

No seriously that voice does not fit wham shell it should be more like a more deep sea voice
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2777 Posted: 18:22:42 28/09/2012
Blah. Those mega bloks sets are $35 each? Nope. I'm sorry but that's waaay too much. They're trying to compete with Legos which is now charging like crazy for their sets. I guess there's a shortage of solid color plastic or something because these things weren't that much a few years ago. (I've watched those Bionicle sets jump for a few years now)

Anyways, there was a picture posted on Skylander's Facebook page a few days ago showing off some multi-character puzzles (just a square with the standard card art for the characters) Not really anything huge, but from the tiny thumbnails it looks like they've got the Unreposed guys on them. (No new art or anything)

Kinda cool, at least it seems like they're not trying to make us all forget about them like it's been.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2778 Posted: 19:23:18 28/09/2012
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item35c024bc49

Here it is, a preorder for the GITD Edition of Skylanders Giants.. for 112$.. smilie
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2779 Posted: 19:30:30 28/09/2012 | Topic Creator
...What do you expect?
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#2780 Posted: 19:32:30 28/09/2012
I think its beyond stupid that sellers on ebay are selling new and old stuff for twice the amount when you can clearly find them still in store. I mean who is going to buy Giants for over 100 if you can get it for 75 tops in US.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2781 Posted: 19:32:39 28/09/2012
Quote: Matteomax

Here it is, a preorder for the GITD Edition of Skylanders Giants.. for 112$.. smilie

^No big surprise there.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:33:03 28/09/2012 by Aura24
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#2782 Posted: 19:44:21 28/09/2012
I'm starting to think that Punch Popfizz isn't exclusive to the 3DS...
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#2783 Posted: 19:44:46 28/09/2012
Hi i dont get how you unlock upgrades this year in giants do you buy them like in ssa or do you unlock them please help
---
"Taking Charge"
#2784 Posted: 19:46:28 28/09/2012

^No big surprise there.

I was expecting that too, it's just annoying.
EDIT: HD image of some figures..

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:20 28/09/2012 by Matteomax
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#2785 Posted: 20:00:34 28/09/2012
Quote: GIANTSRULE
Hi i dont get how you unlock upgrades this year in giants do you buy them like in ssa or do you unlock them please help

u buy them like the first game...
#2786 Posted: 20:00:53 28/09/2012
Quote: GIANTSRULE

you get upgrades the same way as you did in SSA. you use money to buy them BUT money can also be used on other things like hats and charms.
---
#2787 Posted: 20:34:51 28/09/2012
Quote: Ridinggrl27

I'd say they'd probably just didn't include it this time for a possibility of Punch Pop Fizz getting a single release some point next year.

Dark Spyro isn't really an "exclusive" any more except here in the US, which kind of sucks.
---
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#2788 Posted: 20:42:44 28/09/2012
I wish the US could get that single pack with Dark Spyro. Until then, I have to get my friends to come over with their figure.
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#2789 Posted: 21:09:07 28/09/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Quote: Ridinggrl27

I'd say they'd probably just didn't include it this time for a possibility of Punch Pop Fizz getting a single release some point next year.

Dark Spyro isn't really an "exclusive" any more except here in the US, which kind of sucks.

I hope that's not a complaint,remember Dark Spyro is the closest thing Ireland has got to a variant,we don't have Toys R Us,Target or Walmart so we don't even get legendarys
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2790 Posted: 21:18:42 28/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: skyoutube
I wish the US could get that single pack with Dark Spyro. Until then, I have to get my friends to come over with their figure.

They have. I can't remember where it's available, but someone posted it in the merchandise section I believe.
#2791 Posted: 21:31:28 28/09/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: skyoutube

They have. I can't remember where it's available, but someone posted it in the merchandise section I believe.

Supposedly its available at Target as their exclusive, but no one has found them yet.
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#2792 Posted: 21:39:07 28/09/2012

^No big surprise there.

before anyone gets too p***ed at this, please realise that $110 is the dollar equivalent of the retail price the person will be paying for this edition in the UK.

add in ebay and paypal fees and it will need to sell for around $130 for the seller just to break even.
jpawlik8 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#2793 Posted: 21:45:18 28/09/2012
Can anyone find anything on Ninjinis colors? I really want to know before I buy her!! smilie is awesome and frankly i dont like her colors if they are red instead of purple in her upgrade paths!!
---
Have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2794 Posted: 21:51:28 28/09/2012
/\ I dout her coulor will change via upgrade.I say its a variant
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#2795 Posted: 21:59:08 28/09/2012
i think that ninjini will be getting a varient as well as hot-dog.
---
#2796 Posted: 23:27:21 28/09/2012
By the way, considering the Starter Pack was $100 for the first game in Australia, and this one is even more expensive: I would actually buy that. As soon as more parents get word of the game the collectors will frenzy and the price will at least double on those things.
#2797 Posted: 23:41:55 28/09/2012
Got my October Edition of Nintendo Power today. There's no Giant reveal, and oddly the magazine makes no mention of Giants at all outside of the listing for "10/12" (October 2012).

I figured we'd at least get a review of the game or something...humph.
---
#2798 Posted: 23:47:14 28/09/2012
Quote:

I don't see any reason to assume such as there are 18 days left still in Australia.
#2799 Posted: 23:50:41 28/09/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Quote:

I don't see any reason to assume such as there are 18 days left still in Australia.

Well with the October edition I'd figure they'd have a review that comes out in October. In the least, I was expecting them to show off the roster of all the characters since we've known about them for a while.

EDIT: After wandering over to Instagram thanks to a friend, I spied a Skylanders photo on Nintendo's official account with Fright Rider, Crusher and Tree Rex. Fright Rider would be sweet if he ends up being Wave 1, and it's nice to see the figures next to the Giants a bit more.

[User Posted Image]

Another user uploaded a close up of the MegaBloks figures. Dat Chill face

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:37 28/09/2012 by spyroflame0487
tmentuis Green Sparx Gems: 318
#2800 Posted: 23:53:39 28/09/2012
For "Dark Ninjini", i think she may be the Walmart exclusive. Target gets a variants giant, it would make sense that walmart does as well.
---
smiliegc:smilieGreensmilieFlockedsmilieWERsmilie GITDsmiliesmiliesmilie Bluesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Working On Collecting All Lightcore Package Variations.
First | Previous | Page 56 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 161 162 163

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me