Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Music in the Legend Series. Real or Fake?
Page 1 of 1
Music in the Legend Series. Real or Fake? [CLOSED]
draconicMIND1 Blue Sparx Gems: 783
#1 Posted: 10:26:46 20/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I've bbeen told that the music in the games: New Beginning, Eternal Night, Dawn of the Deragon are all done with real bands and choirs and intruments and not computerized crap. Is this true? I might sound stupid asking but I wan to confirm this question bad.
I wish to hear from someone

Oh and is the music in the original games real or fake(cumputerized crap: beeping noises and stuff.)

I ask because I am a musician myself. I play bass and know a few riffs, and this is the kind of thing we care about.
---
They say marrying a dragon was mistake. What do they know? <laughes sinisterly>

"Pwwr. This coffee smells like ****"~~ Austin Powers
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:52:10 22/09/2012 by draconicMIND1
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#2 Posted: 00:50:00 21/09/2012
Dunno about the LoS ones, but considering the classics were made in 1998-2000, they probably didn't have that kind of tecknology to make it computerised IN THE FIRST PLACE, so they would be with real bands.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#3 Posted: 10:34:56 21/09/2012
The Classic Spyro games was done by a computer system from Stewart Copeland, but I think with the percussion parts of it, he did use some real instruments for as I saw him do so on a YouTube video where these people are interviewing him about it. I think it was a part of the Universal team who did that, not entirely sure.

I think that the LoS games might be real, the soundtrack was done by Rebecca Kneubuhl and Gabriel Mann, I think I spelt her second name correctly? Anyway, I'm pretty sure that they both work with choirs and groups, they worked with a group for Crash: Twinsanity. I reckon that the voices are real, but the extra sounds that you may hear may be re-recorded, I don't know really.
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#4 Posted: 10:36:49 21/09/2012
It doesn't really matter, does it?
---
IT'S A DRAGON
#5 Posted: 11:07:37 21/09/2012
Quote: SpyroSC
It doesn't really matter, does it?

Not really.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 20:24:19 21/09/2012
If you really care the music for the Legend of Spyro series was done by Rebecca Kneubuhl and Gabriel Mann who were part of the a capella band Spiralmouth. From what I understand, they did use a Latin choir but the instruments I think were recorded separately...

The original games had music by Stewart Copeland (and Ryan Beveridge in YotD). I'm pretty sure he used a computer program for the music... especially the percussion (which is his specialty).

Skylanders has music from Lorne Balfe (main theme by Hans Zimmer) and the score for the first game was performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra, who work frequently with Remote Control Productions. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#7 Posted: 05:28:57 23/09/2012
Stewart copeland - He produced the sound electronically. I wouldn't call it "fake" as you suggested. Stewart was once the drummer for the rock band "The Police" so he has a lot of musical experience. He used a keyboard and computer programs to write the soundtrack and actually he played through all the levels of the game to get a feel for the individual levels of the game to form a good track to blend with it which in my opinion is rather neat. Stewart copeland is one of my favorite composers and the music he did for the irst four games of Spyro were all beautiful to me. Electonic or not it's wonderful and real, imo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kc2gGycBXc It's an interview with him about how he does the music for the first game of Spyro.

Gabriel Mann and Rebecca Kneubuhl - They together own 'Asylum studios' as their means means of writing and composing music. The two of them use live instruments and very talented choirs to put the songs together for The Legend Of Spyro trilogy. They use live instruments and I love all the music they composed for the games, This Broken Soul is one of the most wonderful songs I've ever heard. Tough, to me no one of these ways of composing is fake to me. Gabriel and Rebecca Have actually composed music for tons of movies and games and work together and solo on all kinds of things probably even things you hear very often on tv or the radio you didn't even know were oneor both of them.

I hope that answers the question. That's all legitimate so you can bet your money on it!smilie
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#8 Posted: 06:52:12 23/09/2012
well, it may not be really something to worry about, but it is interesting to know smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#9 Posted: 01:00:57 24/09/2012
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
Dunno about the LoS ones, but considering the classics were made in 1998-2000, they probably didn't have that kind of tecknology to make it computerised IN THE FIRST PLACE, so they would be with real bands.

...Pretty sure that kind of technology has existed since at least the 80s.
---
Eh.
#10 Posted: 02:21:35 24/09/2012
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

...Pretty sure that kind of technology has existed since at least the 80s.

^This! It happened to be the opposite. They didn't have the technology to use real bands until video games were able to be made on CD-ROM where the soundtracks could be added to the video games like music to an audio CD. Playstation to my knowledge was the first to utilize the CD-ROM for video games so thats when live music tecnology came into video games.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#11 Posted: 02:52:58 11/10/2012 | Topic Creator
And in soem songs in like Ice KIng Boss Fight, you can hear violins being violently stroked and bass drums. I know 'cause I listen to it allot.

I wish to hear bac
---

cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#12 Posted: 15:59:25 17/10/2012
Quote: draconicMIND1
I've bbeen told that the music in the games: New Beginning, Eternal Night, Dawn of the Deragon are all done with real bands and choirs and intruments and not computerized crap. Is this true? I might sound stupid asking but I wan to confirm this question bad.
I wish to hear from someone

Oh and is the music in the original games real or fake(cumputerized crap: beeping noises and stuff.)

I ask because I am a musician myself. I play bass and know a few riffs, and this is the kind of thing we care about.

This "Crap" is what makes Music AMAZING.
It sounds better now.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:00:05 17/10/2012 by cowpowa23
#13 Posted: 19:17:25 17/10/2012
Computerized crap? SYNTH IS AWESOME AND I WOULDN'T LOVE MUSIC WITHOUT SYNTHS. >.>
---
#14 Posted: 21:24:25 17/10/2012
In my opinion, an orchestra is music, but anything else is really just a lot of sounds put together in a studio. Which is why all these other genres to me are just sounds. But I must admit, I rarely listen to an orchestra score of music. I probably should appreciate them more, I think an orchestra musical notes look way more complicated compared to a guitarist, or a drummer.
#15 Posted: 23:19:22 17/10/2012
I've always enjoyed a mix of orchestra and synth. Part of the reason that Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time is my all time favorite video game soundtrack is because of how seamlessly it combines a multitude of elements to create an epic sci-fi score (also, the Space Radio is awesome too).
---
#16 Posted: 02:23:25 18/10/2012
Synth is one of my many favorites! That's the point I was making to that guy earlier that its not as he says.
---
#17 Posted: 05:48:38 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I do like Synths! I like culture club and most of the 80s music. THat's synth heavy. But that's not what i ment! I mean is the random ****ty beeping noises in 2000 music and soem of the older low-resolution video games. I like keyboards! And some minor voice-synth, like Phil Collins.
---

#18 Posted: 06:30:48 26/02/2013
Quote: draconicMIND1
I do like Synths! I like culture club and most of the 80s music. THat's synth heavy. But that's not what i ment! I mean is the random ****ty beeping noises in 2000 music and soem of the older low-resolution video games. I like keyboards! And some minor voice-synth, like Phil Collins.

Um, It's not then. The old games were done with synthesizers and the new ones live orchestra.
I agree though, 80's music is great!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:31:12 26/02/2013 by BlackNight12
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me