Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The UK Pre-Order Thread [CLOSED]
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#51 Posted: 11:18:22 04/09/2012
Quote: jetvac910
sorry for double post but gamestation online have price for the starter packs 60.00 for wii 65.00 for ps3 and xbox

So has Game.co.uk and as I suspected it is only the portal of power that glows in the dark.

£20 more for a GitD portal, Cynder and Jet Vac seems just a little more than I expected. As the booster pack is £44.99 (Xbox 360) I expected the Starter set to be £60 (Xbox 360).

Some places will probably sell it at £59.99 at launch but I wouldn't give out much hope.

Considering I've got the booster pack preordered at Sainsburys for £28.80 (Xbox 360) I am not picking up this "exclusive" starter set. Now hopefully Toys R Us give us something better as a preorder exclusive.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#52 Posted: 15:47:16 04/09/2012 | Topic Creator
sorry for double post but gamestation online have price for the starter packs 60.00 for wii 65.00 for ps3 and xbox

Thanks for that, I'm going to edit that into the top post now.

I also noticed that Gamestation online don't list the 3DS starter pack with the GITD portal, contradicting what I was told in-store. If it doesn't come with a GITD portal I will be arguing with the store to get my deposit back as I was informed it would have it. I'll just wait until there is a leaflet or something available to clarify.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
jetvac910 Green Sparx Gems: 163
#53 Posted: 16:03:33 04/09/2012
game have the same price for the starter packs!!
SheldonCooper Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#54 Posted: 19:26:26 04/09/2012
game have the same price for the starter packs!!

You realise that Game & Gamestation are part of the same company right? (or Game owns Gamestation or something like that)
---
BAZINGA! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies 'For you, no charge'.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#55 Posted: 21:28:08 04/09/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
I also noticed that Gamestation online don't list the 3DS starter pack with the GITD portal, contradicting what I was told in-store. If it doesn't come with a GITD portal I will be arguing with the store to get my deposit back as I was informed it would have it. I'll just wait until there is a leaflet or something available to clarify.

Hmm, I would also like this clarified. I'd ask the guys in my local Gamestation but they're just about tolerant enough with my Pokémon intrigue. Should they discover my enjoyment of Giants I am sure that Chris would never let me hear the end of it. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#56 Posted: 21:34:28 04/09/2012
my gamestation showed me their internal printout and the gitd portal is not for the 3ds. the person serving me confirmed this when i asked to order one.

then again he did also say the the cynder would be gitd too so i'm gonna be well P***** if it isn't
#57 Posted: 21:39:53 04/09/2012
I do love a bit of ambiguity with my pre-orders.

I'll just wait and see what happens. If it's only for the console versions then I'd rather stick with my £32 PS3 booster from Sainsbury's and get the 3DS starter cheaper somehow.

It shouldn't be difficult for me to get over not owning everything. I have all of the currently available figurines but don't have any of the silver, gold, clear, gitd or toy fair ones. I have the blue Bash and have ordered a dirt cheap red Drill Sergeant on eBay but that's it.

Thankfully I don't earn enough to buy more smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
jetvac910 Green Sparx Gems: 163
#58 Posted: 06:22:14 05/09/2012
game have picture of the pack ad play have prices 50.00 for wii starter pack maybe ,3ds and 55.00 for playstation 3 and xbox
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:29:36 05/09/2012 by jetvac910
#59 Posted: 06:58:27 05/09/2012
game have picture of the pack ad play have prices 50.00 for wii starter pack maybe ,3ds and 55.00 for playstation 3 and xbox

Oh wow. Those prices are much better. The 3DS starter pack is a little overpriced compared to its booster counterpart, but its still £10 better than GAME. Good find.

EDIT: Asda Direct have ALL of the starter packs for £52.97. So the best price for Xbox and PS3 so far but a little more for he Wii and 3DS versions. Great price for colleagues though (assuming you can get discount online of course)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:06:21 05/09/2012 by kiz3000
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#60 Posted: 16:47:54 05/09/2012
Just been talking to my local GAME manager who has also heard of said glow in the dark portal and cynder.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#61 Posted: 18:50:42 05/09/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro

It shouldn't be difficult for me to get over not owning everything. I have all of the currently available figurines but don't have any of the silver, gold, clear, gitd or toy fair ones. I have the blue Bash and have ordered a dirt cheap red Drill Sergeant on eBay but that's it.

Thankfully I don't earn enough to buy more smilie

That's how I feel too. I'll stick to getting rarities by chance and if not, oh well. Yay for knowing your limits! xD

I'm hoping to pre-order a copy of the 3DS version soon. I might still get it from Sainsbury's though, and get the console version from Game.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#62 Posted: 19:11:43 05/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sequoia Spyro

Hmm, I would also like this clarified. I'd ask the guys in my local Gamestation but they're just about tolerant enough with my Pokémon intrigue. Should they discover my enjoyment of Giants I am sure that Chris would never let me hear the end of it. smilie

I stopped caring what the shops think of my hobbies a long time ago, if they have a problem with the IPs I enjoy then I simply don't spend my money in that store again smilie I'll be popping into a Gamestation tomorrow, so I'll see what they have then.

Fun fact: If you (like me) paid a deposit on an item and said item turns out to be different to what was described, you should be entitled to a refund under the Sale of Goods Act, but only when you turn up to collect the item (so pick up your Starter pack).

Quote: http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/sogaexplained/
Under the Sale of Goods Act, when you sell something to a customer you have an agreement or contract with them.

A customer has legal rights if the goods they purchased do not conform to contract (are faulty). The Act says that to conform to contract goods should

match their description
*by law everything that is said about the product must not be misleading - whether this is said by a sales assistant, or written on the packaging, in-store, on advertising materials or in a catalogue

Quote: t7gga
my gamestation showed me their internal printout and the gitd portal is not for the 3ds. the person serving me confirmed this when i asked to order one.

then again he did also say the the cynder would be gitd too so i'm gonna be well P***** if it isn't

Don't get mad, get the law smilie

Top post is updated. I have however run out of space on the top post, so further updates may have to added to Post #3 or #4.
---
#63 Posted: 20:03:33 05/09/2012
http://www.game.co.uk/en/skyla...archTerm=giants

I saw the gamestation link on OP but not GAME, it says right there, glow in dark portal, £64.99 though? Actual swear words coming out my mouth right now. >=(
#64 Posted: 21:20:29 05/09/2012 | Topic Creator
GAME and Gamestation are both run by GAME Group and both have the same stock and prices, so I just list one to save my fingers smilie
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#65 Posted: 03:18:07 06/09/2012
The following link confirms the inclusion of a GITD Cynder but, then again, they may have merely been misinformed like some forum members here (so possibly take this with a grain of proverbial):

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox...arter_pack.html
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#66 Posted: 06:35:10 06/09/2012
Quote: http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/sogaexplained/
Under the Sale of Goods Act, when you sell something to a customer you have an agreement or contract with them.

A customer has legal rights if the goods they purchased do not conform to contract (are faulty). The Act says that to conform to contract goods should

match their description
*by law everything that is said about the product must not be misleading - whether this is said by a sales assistant, or written on the packaging, in-store, on advertising materials or in a catalogue

Oh God, the SoGA x] I work for John Lewis so I see this sort of thing all the time. People mis-interpret it like you wouldn't believe.

"My washing machine is loud. It's 3 years old and my contract is with you therefore I am legally owed a new washing machine".

Yeah, that's exactly what it says. Cuh.

Although you are right, Buzz. The part about goods not being as described is absolutely true.
---
#67 Posted: 08:20:16 06/09/2012
GAME and Gamestation are both run by GAME Group and both have the same stock and prices, so I just list one to save my fingers smilie

I'd rather buy from GAME's website though for reward points. Much nicer website too.
#68 Posted: 13:06:13 06/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: IAmMarti
I'd rather buy from GAME's website though for reward points. Much nicer website too.

I'm the opposite, but then again I have two Gamestations near me smilie Anyway I have now listed GAME and Gamestation as separates, just for you smilie

Just as an update, I popped into one of the said Gamestations today to try and get some clarity on the Glow/Dark Cynder and the questionable lack of GITD Portal for 3DS, but the staff didn't have anything extra to tell me today. They are nice staff, so I didn't argue with them today.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:34 06/09/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#69 Posted: 16:44:20 06/09/2012
dont pester GAME/station social media smilie I know the guy that runs them.

I will email him.
#70 Posted: 17:07:12 06/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: IAmMarti
dont pester GAME/station social media smilie I know the guy that runs them.

I will email him.

They generally ignore me, so I was hoping a few more voices might convince them to listen to the fans. Links have been removed from my last post. smilie

Please let us know how you get on, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to have this whole GITD not GITD Dark Cynder clarified.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#71 Posted: 17:26:24 06/09/2012
Looks like I'll be getting the wii booster pack from Sainsbury's since it's the cheapest. smilie
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#72 Posted: 17:36:06 06/09/2012
I preordered the GitD portal version from GAME the other day.

I hope it does actually come with GitD Cynder.
---
Bring the Fanta
#73 Posted: 21:48:12 06/09/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
I preordered the GitD portal version from GAME the other day.

I hope it does actually come with GitD Cynder.

Ditto, I hope it comes with a GITD Cynder but it will still have been worth it with just the GITD portal, to me.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#74 Posted: 22:38:12 06/09/2012
If GAME/station are only offering a GITD portal then I'm sure I can live without it. The plan is:

PS3 Booster (Sainsbury's, already pre-ordered): ~£32
3DS Starter (Play.com, yet to pre-order): ~£50.

I don't think I'll be doubling how much I pay for the PS3 version for an extra Cynder and a slightly shiny portal.
---
#75 Posted: 08:25:35 07/09/2012
ATTENTION EVERYBODY.

I have found what I believe to be the best price that we are ever going to see, at launch, for the Skylanders Giants Starter Packs. All they are is a measly £44.99 here:

https://www.sainsburysentertai...antsboosterpack

In addition if you haven't used it yet here's a code that gets you a further £5 off making it only £39.99:

SEFIVEOFF (valid until 10th September, one per customer)

Edit: I found another one which does exactly the same thing. In case you want to order two, do it as seperate orders, or if you have already used the above code.

SESEPT5OFF (valid until 10th September, one per customer)

I would get your orders in quick as this price will only go up before release.

Enjoy.

P.S They don't take any money until it dispatches
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:26:25 07/09/2012 by kiz3000
#76 Posted: 08:45:29 07/09/2012
^ thanks kiz3000. these prices are cheaper than trade price. still, you're not going to hear me complain smilie
#77 Posted: 09:44:23 07/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I've ordered up my 3DS Starter, thank you kiz3000! I will add this to the Starter Pack post now.

I'll still hold on to my pre-order at Gamestation, hopefully they can make up their mind what their pre-order bonus actually is. The game is due out in over 6 weeks after all!
---
#78 Posted: 15:47:22 07/09/2012
Woop, just got my 3DS starter for £39.99 smilie thanks a bunch, kiz3000!

And now we play the waiting game.
---
PortalMasterEon Gold Sparx Gems: 2514
#79 Posted: 21:09:17 07/09/2012
Just been on Games website, they have the starter pack box art up and there is a sticker that says exclusive, if u zoom in you can make some words out

LINK: http://www.game.co.uk/en/skyla...anders%20giants
---
Greetings Portal Masters!
I'm looking for a Royal Double Trouble + Platinum Chest
#80 Posted: 08:14:47 08/09/2012
Oh wow.

I think it says: "Exclusive glow in the dark skylander figure and portal of power" and now I've said that that'll be the only thing everyone else will see.

So it appears that I was wrong and we do get a GitD Cynder. We do need an official confirmation of this though. Anyone got a response from them yet?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:22:02 08/09/2012 by kiz3000
#81 Posted: 09:17:14 08/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I had noticed that little "sticker" on the boxes on Game/station but just assumed it was some sort of PAL thing.

I've still not had any responces from the Facebook and Twitters of Game Group and at this stage I don't expect to hear back. They seem far to interested in promoting the upcoming Fifa and Gears of War or whatever the next big shooter game is.
---
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#82 Posted: 10:19:00 08/09/2012
Quote: kiz3000
Oh wow.

I think it says: "Exclusive glow in the dark skylander figure and portal of power" and now I've said that that'll be the only thing everyone else will see.

So it appears that I was wrong and we do get a GitD Cynder. We do need an official confirmation of this though. Anyone got a response from them yet?

The picture of the portal shows a normal coloured Cynder. The base is GITD. I wonder if that's what they mean?

There's no mention of gitd Cynder on the game ad.
#83 Posted: 10:41:05 08/09/2012
Quote: fanjo
Quote: kiz3000
Oh wow.

The picture of the portal shows a normal coloured Cynder. The base is GITD. I wonder if that's what they mean?

There's no mention of gitd Cynder on the game ad.

I know that there isn't any mention of a GitD Cynder but thats what the text in the little box implies. The picture does show a normal Cynder though so I am very very confused. Unless of course it is just the base that glows in the dark in which case this set is not worth £64.99.

You can preorder the starter set at Sainsburys atm for £40. I may just order the starter set with them and see what prices the GitD Cynder will go for on ebay, assuming it is all GitD and not just its base. Very risky but Game/station aren't really helping themselves here.

If you view the image on an Ipad, which is what I did originally, you can see the writing slightly more clearly and it says what I have written down. It is all very confusing and I am waiting official confirmation, same as buzz.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:44:18 08/09/2012 by kiz3000
#84 Posted: 11:45:33 08/09/2012
The text on the box does state "glow in the dark Skylander figure".

Also, apart from that sticker the rest of the image is identical to a stock, standard image of the pack (i.e. sans glow in the dark anything). I perceive that this image is merely a promo image and not the actual final product.
---
Soylent Green is People!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#85 Posted: 12:06:55 08/09/2012
smilie the Starter Pack for the same price as the booster pack from Sainsbury's! **** YEAH! I'm pre-ordering that right now!
#86 Posted: 14:00:22 08/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I was just in Gamestation Lewisham and they had their own sign up stating "Glow in the Dark Cynder". I took a photo of it on my 3DS and will upload it once I've finished my lunch.

Nom nom nom

Edit: Noms done, here is the photo:
[User Posted Image]
This was posted on a large board just inside the door of the shop.

When quizzed about the lack of love/bonus for 3DS version, first a staff member ran off to read the sign, then came back saying "it's proberly just some trading cards for the T-Rex character, and we'll have a stack of them, I'll make sure everyone - even 3DS [purchasers] get one".

I really feel like I have to make a chart for these people on what this product actually is before they make a fool of themselves :/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:39:59 08/09/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#87 Posted: 14:47:07 08/09/2012
^ please, please, please let this information be frickin' correct
#88 Posted: 14:56:50 08/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: t7gga
^ please, please, please let this information be frickin' correct

The fact that the sign states "Tree Rex Character Poster" as one of the features of the Booster pack, I'm still weary.
---
#89 Posted: 15:41:04 08/09/2012
Cynder's base glows in the dark anyway - maybe that's what they mean.
#90 Posted: 15:53:09 08/09/2012
Wow, Game let me pre-order free of charge. Perhaps that was a mistake, or maybe Gamestation are doing it differently.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#91 Posted: 16:34:19 08/09/2012
I think you only pay a deposit if you pre-order a game in store. If you pre-ordered it online then you don't have to pay anything.
#92 Posted: 16:58:18 08/09/2012
[User Posted Image]

Just checked on the GAME/Gamestation websites. The box has a little sticker over it that says "Exclusive Glow in the Dark Skylanders: Giants Portal of Power." I presume this is an image sent to them from Activision, so the GITD Cynder thing would just be the undead base.
#93 Posted: 16:59:39 08/09/2012
Just ordered the 3DS Starter through Sainsburys website

smilie managed to get staff discount too! Happy days.

Although GAME still being £64.99 is not happy days at all smilie I collect dragons so if the cynder is special then I'll have no choice...
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#94 Posted: 17:01:51 08/09/2012
[User Posted Image]

If this is correct, then my pre-order will have been worth the money.
---
Bring the Fanta
#95 Posted: 17:16:08 08/09/2012 | Topic Creator
[quote=bionicle2809
I presume this is an image sent to them from Activision, so the GITD Cynder thing would just be the undead base.[/quote]
If that was the case then why would it state GITD Cynder only on the Xbox360/PS3 and Wii versions? She is in the 3DS Starter pack afterall with the same base...
---
#96 Posted: 17:23:57 08/09/2012
They probably added Cynder as a mistake - maybe GAME/station got a letter from Activision saying "Here's an offer for the 360, PS3 and Wii version - a GITD Portal and Cynder" as a mistake and then gave the stores the posters saying 'GITD Portal and Cynder' rather than just 'GITD Portal'. I would say the website is more accurate.
#97 Posted: 17:39:00 08/09/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
I think you only pay a deposit if you pre-order a game in store. If you pre-ordered it online then you don't have to pay anything.

I actually pre-odered in store, which is why I got confused. But oh well! I pre-ordered a while ago anyway.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#98 Posted: 19:08:25 08/09/2012
[quote=bionicle2809

Just checked on the GAME/Gamestation websites. The box has a little sticker over it that says "Exclusive Glow in the Dark Skylanders: Giants Portal of Power." I presume this is an image sent to them from Activision, so the GITD Cynder thing would just be the undead base.[/quote]

I don't think that's what the sticker says at all. I've zoomed in on the image, on my Ipad which goes in further and clearer than my PC, and I can say for 100% certainty that it says:

"Glow in the dark skylander ****** & Portal of Power (TM)"

Where I've starred it out I am unsure what it says. Based on the word height at the the start and the way it trails off I believe that it says "figure".

EDIT: In fact looking at it again it definitely says figure. It definitely starts with a tall letter, ie f, t or l, and it has a g in the middle, hence figure.

In addition I would take Buzz's image which a massive pile of salt. The poster has clearly been typed on on a computer and contains mistakes that Buzz has already pointed out. I would wait for more professional posters to arrive from head office before we can say anything for certain.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:24 08/09/2012 by kiz3000
#99 Posted: 19:43:23 08/09/2012
Hmm... Yeah, I take that back. It does say figure. It might not be the whole Cynder though, since the pack-shot still shows a regular Cynder - but maybe it's like, her eyes or horns/claws or bracers. Unless they just photo shopped the label onto the pack-shot they already had rather than taking a new photo. OH WELL. I stand corrected.
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#100 Posted: 20:13:49 08/09/2012
I just hope it's not the shop's ignorance as usual! I've corrected different shops on figures and what they do from the first game. Most don't have a clue.

Edit: By the way if shops don't hit their quota for pre-sales, they get worried and offer more to attract you to pre-order.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:27 08/09/2012 by fanjo
First | Page 2 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me