Primary Pyro Scratch
Secontary Fire Fang
Turtiary Inferno Breath
Note these are what I think not fact.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#4 Posted: 14:28:00 26/08/2012
Lots of people hate it thought. But Volcanine doesnt sound skylander-y, and Flame Hound is not a name. Its a title, like Stealth Elf.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#5 Posted: 21:08:26 26/08/2012
Hot Dog is a rip-off to my girlfriend's fan made Skylander, which she made months before Giants confirmation.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 21:09:18 26/08/2012
^I just call that coincidence.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#7 Posted: 21:13:15 26/08/2012
Quote: LTU Spyro
Hot Dog is a rip-off to my girlfriend's fan made Skylander, which she made months before Giants confirmation.

So did they sneak into your house, find the picture, and copy it? WHAT LUCK YOU HAVE! smilie
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#8 Posted: 21:19:26 26/08/2012
Quote: terrafan

So did they sneak into your house, find the picture, and copy it? WHAT LUCK YOU HAVE! smilie

Nope. Activision looked here at post #7 and said: "Why not copying it and claim as our own original character?"
#9 Posted: 21:22:35 26/08/2012

Nope. Activision looked here at post #7 and said: "Why not copying it and claim as our own original character?"

Oh, well... seems legit http://www.funnyqanda.com/imag...seems-legit.jpg
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:06 26/08/2012 by terrafan
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#10 Posted: 21:34:21 26/08/2012
It there is no possible way in the world that they came up with a similar idea, right?

This is why authors refuse to listen to other people's ideas for stories; to ensure that they minimise risk of these sorts of claims.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#11 Posted: 21:35:31 26/08/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
It there is no possible way in the world that they came up with a similar idea, right?

This is why authors refuse to listen to other people's ideas for stories; to ensure that they minimise risk of these sorts of claims.

That's what I always thought
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#12 Posted: 21:40:29 26/08/2012
Quote: chaosworrier

Thissss

I've come up with designs for my favorite series before, then two years later they produce a character very, very similar to mine. And yet, my ideas never went online.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#13 Posted: 21:47:23 26/08/2012

OMG! they stole your girl friends picture you should sue activision for all they own
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4260
#14 Posted: 21:57:40 26/08/2012
Quote:
I can confirm this.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#15 Posted: 23:06:18 26/08/2012
I'm saying it's a coincidence because I also made a fire hound named Furire (nicknamed Hot Dog) a few months back before Hot dog was announced and I didn't see that picture of yours either so I'm 100% sure everything is just a coincidence =). Very nice creation though, I like it better than mine and I'm surprised that I haven't seen your artwork before. keep up the good work =).

Quote: OpalOsprey
Name: Furire (it’s pronounced Fur-ire with a long “i” like in the word “fire”)
His name is an amalgamation of the words, fur, fire and furor. His name is to sound like and be relative to the word “fryer”. Every strand of Furire’s fur is ignited, hinting the name.

Nickname: Hot Dog
Element: Fire

[User Posted Image]
Position 2: [User Posted Image]http://th06.deviantart.net/fs7...rey-d4y3myl.jpg
Without Background: http://th08.deviantart.net/fs7...rey-d4y3ln2.jpghttp://th01.deviantart.net/fs7...rey-d4y3l1n.jpg

Back-Story:
Furire was once a normal non-blazing canine, until one life changing day. While Furire was digging to bury his favorite bone, he came upon four mysterious artifacts. As he leaped into the hole to investigate the foreign objects, they magically attached above each one of his paws. Every single strand of Furire’s fur suddenly burst into flames and his body became infused with fire. A faint voice emitted from the strange articles, which startled Furire. He glanced down upon the items attached to him and questionably tilted his head to one side. The artifacts began to speak,
“We are flame spirits that inhabit these mystical bracers. We were created by an ancient race of canines to serve others of the canine species. Summon us when you need help in-battle. We will assist you.”
Furire then joined the Skylanders to put his new flaming abilities, along with the aid of his minions, to fight evil and defend Skylands.

Catchphrases:

Main:
“Hot Diggity Dog!”

Others:
1. “Give the dog a bone!”
2. “Who ordered the hot dog!?”
3. “What’s up dog!?
4. “It’s a dog-eat-dog world”
5. “Who’s going to the dog house!?”
6. “It’s a dog’s life!”
7. “Teach this new dog old tricks!”

Card Stats:
Attack: 75
Armor: 60
Speed: 85
Luck: 35
[User Posted Image]
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs7...743-d4y3kk0.jpg

In-Game Base Stats:
Health: 240 (480 at level 10)
Speed: 45
Armor: 14
Critical Hit: 40
Elemental Power: 56

Attacks and Abilities:
(The numbers at the end of the upgrades are the cost of them with all blue butterflies.The links are for larger versions of the images)

Core Abilities:
1. [User Posted Image]Hot Bite: Inflict your enemies with flaming bites. 0 http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs7...ca2-d4y3dyo.jpg
2.[User Posted Image] Flame Dash: Body ignites and damages enemies that you come into contact with. 0 http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs7...534-d4y3f7l.jpg

Initial Upgrades:
1. Blazing Hot Bite: Hot Bite does increased damage. 400
2. [User Posted Image]Flame Hounds: Summon mini fire minions that sprint into enemies and ignite them. Ignited enemies suffer additional burn damage over a short period of time. 560 http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs7...5f4-d4y3gez.jpg
3. Piercing Sprint: Flame Dash does increased damage. 720
4. [User Posted Image]Flair Prints: Flaming paw prints are left behind while performing a Flame Dash that damages enemies who pass them. 960 http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs7...53b-d4y3hll.jpg
5. [User Posted Image]Soul Gem - Howling Fire Fountain: Furire howls and fire spouts from his mouth creating a fountain of flames that surrounds his body and damages enemies who come within contact of him. 3200 http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs7...8bc-d4y3j67.jpg

Upgrade Paths:

1. Vigorous Biter:
Further Develop your Hot Bite Attack:
Speed Demon: Hot Bite attacks are quicker. 1360
Spitfire: When you perform a Hot Bite attack, flares shoot from your bite and damages adjacent enemies. 1760
Scorching Teeth: Hot Bite attack does extra damage and burns enemies. Burned victims will suffer burn damage over a limited period of time (similar to the Flame Hounds’ igniting attack) 2400

2. Minion Onslaught:
Further Develop your Flame Hound Abilities:
Growth Spurt: Flame Hounds double in size and inflict increased burn damage to ignited enemies over a short period of time. 1360
Flaring Five: Each Flame Hound can burn up to five enemies at a time instead of only one before vanishing. 1760
Power of the Pack: Summon up to four Flame Hound minions at a time. 2400

Combos:
1. Four consecutive Hot Bites will produce one large tail swipe for doubled damage.
2. If three of the above combos are preformed consecutively, Furire will create one powerful combo attack by leaping up high into the air and falling down on top of an enemy with a large flaming swipe attack for tripled damage.

Contest Page: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=51419&page=1

Edit: Dang that's long, sorry =(. If it is getting on everyone's nerves, I'll take it down; Sorry about that. I just really want to show people this creation because I feel like I'm not good at creating creatures and concepts. The creator of the contest also didn't send me the Wham Shell I won so maybe he didn't like my creation even though I won? Oh well, I hope you guys like it =).
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#16 Posted: 07:20:28 27/08/2012
I really like Furire better than Hot Dog. Hot Dog looks cute... But sort of out of place too.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#17 Posted: 16:33:44 27/08/2012
it a wrecking ball clone
---
THE END IS NEAR
#18 Posted: 18:38:36 27/08/2012
^ I agree with you, Hot Dog's face does look a lot like Wrecking Ball's. I kind of wish that there was more variety in the new character designs. A lot of them look very similar to others (ie Jet Vac and Sonic Boom, Hot Head and Eruptor, ect.). It would be interesting if they made a life elemental feline-like forest creature.

Quote: Nibelilt
I really like Furire better than Hot Dog. Hot Dog looks cute... But sort of out of place too.

^ Really? Thank you so much =) but you're probably just being nice because I know that my nerve damage makes my artwork bad. Thanks again, maybe I should try to create more fan-made Skylanders?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#19 Posted: 18:58:57 27/08/2012
They should have called it "St. Burnard" or "Hottweiler". Anything would have been more creative than "Hot Dog"
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:55 27/08/2012 by DinoHex
#20 Posted: 19:00:52 27/08/2012
^ Haha, I like it smilie! Nice job, you're pretty good at making names. If you don't mind me suggesting, It might also be neat if it was St. Burnhard or St. Burn-Hard.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:03:20 27/08/2012 by OpalOsprey
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#21 Posted: 19:05:44 27/08/2012
Or they could have called him "Stover".

If you'll allow me to indulge myself....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#22 Posted: 20:57:34 27/08/2012
Am I the only person who likes his name?! I think Hot Dog is cute and creative... But your names are still cool!
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
torus555 Green Sparx Gems: 171
#23 Posted: 22:05:05 27/08/2012

um does any one do origami because i do and this happens all the time in the origami world with multiple people designing things at the same time then arguments over who designed it first but at the end of the day it is just coincidence
---
Polistes1 buzz buzz a diddle it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53503951@N02/
Only need wham shell and legendaries
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#24 Posted: 22:44:12 27/08/2012
I would've wanted a catdog skylander xD
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#25 Posted: 06:48:47 28/08/2012
^ that would be awesome.
I really think it's awesome they used hot dog, it's just SO cute. :>
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me