Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Do you think Spyro will be in "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale"?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Do you think Spyro will be in "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale"? [CLOSED]
mrhoix Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#1 Posted: 19:06:12 23/08/2012 | Topic Creator
If you don't know what "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale" is, then here is a quick summary:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is an upcoming crossover platform fighting game exclusively for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. It is currently under development at SuperBot Entertainment along with SCE Santa Monica Studios and is being published by Sony Computer Entertainment. In PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, up to four players fight on screen using characters from various PlayStation franchises. Every character in the game has their own combat style and a special move that can be unleashed when a meter reaches its full potential.

Anyway, since its release fans have wanted Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot in the game, but many people said that it will be impossible due to Activision owning the rights to both these franchise's. If Activision did not own the rights to these games it would be a no brainer to include these two characters in the game. Despite people saying it's impossible, Playstation All-Stars still include character not owned my Sony. Take Heihachi from Tekken for example. He is going to be in the game yet he is not owned by Sony, the same goes for Big Daddy from Bioshock and Dante from Devil May Cry. If these guys get a chance to be in the game, so does Spyro and Crash. It's all down to Activision I guess, but being the stingy company they are, I'm not too sure if they would let Spyro and Crash in the game.

I wanted to ask Superbot (The developers of Playstation All-Stars) if they were going to include Spyro and Crash in the game. So I decided to tweet them. I figured that they wouldn't answer me if I just simply asked them if they were going to be in the game, since many people would be trying to ask them this and they'd try to ignore them. So what I did was ask them in HEX. To put it simply, Hex is kind of like a way of showing binary, which is what computers use to make programs and such. Asking them in Hex would make them curious to what it said, thus it would be almost certain they would reply. I was right, they did reply.

https://twitter.com/HoixuKun/status/229243033365934080 This was the tweet I sent. It reads "43 6c 61 73 73 69 63 20 53 70 79 72 6f 20 61 6e 64 20 43 72 61 73 68 20 70 6c 65 61 73 65 2e " which translates to "Classic Spyro and Crash please." As you can see, Suberbot replied with "43 6c 65 76 65 72 2e" which translates to "Clever." Correct, they did not say yes, but they are not denying it either. This still kind of gives me hope that Spyro or Crash will be in the game.

Later, someone on reddit allegedly leaked a picture of Spyro in the game. This is the picture:

[User Posted Image]

Of course it might be fake but if it's real it shows they didn't go with the classic design but with the Skylanders one. If it is real, I'm not too happy with it since I do prefer Spyro's original design. I myself believe it to be fake, but only time can tell I guess.

So what do you think? Will Spyro be in the game?
---
I'm making a spyro fangame called: Spyro: The dragon Eclipse.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#2 Posted: 19:21:42 23/08/2012
I don't think it's real. :\
But I do want Classic Spyro (I'll even settle for LoS Spyro) in the game.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
mrhoix Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#3 Posted: 19:29:46 23/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
I don't think it's real. smilie
But I do want Classic Spyro (I'll even settle for LoS Spyro) in the game.

I agree, someone else apparently leaked Crash Bandicoot on Reddit aswell. Yet again it turned out to be fake.

[User Posted Image]
---
I'm making a spyro fangame called: Spyro: The dragon Eclipse.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 19:58:31 23/08/2012
Hmm... Is it me, or is the portrait for Spyro on the leaked image not actually anything from Skylanders? So, that might be a sign that it's real - or just really well 'shopped from the trailer.

HOWEVER, speaking of photoshop and pixels and the like, the shadow looks all wrong. It looks like a much larger character that has been cut out of the image, but it's shadow still remains. The shadow for the Crash one, however, looks legit - though the pose doesn't look very... Battle-y.

On the subject of it being Skyro instead of original Spyro, I think that would mostly be due to Activision. Sony would need temporary rights to use Spyro in AS:BR from Activision (even if it was the original Spyro) so I wouldn't be surprised if Activision were like: "Sure, you can use Spyro as long as it's the Skylanders design so it promotes our own series." I don't think Sony would have really cared so they probably just agreed. And, on a more personal note, I really don't mind it being Skyro.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 20:07:27 23/08/2012
I'm 90% sure the Sony Smash Bros roster was leaked and Spyro and Crash are nowhere to be found. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#6 Posted: 20:35:18 23/08/2012
Quote: HIR
I'm 90% sure the Sony Smash Bros roster was leaked and Spyro and Crash are nowhere to be found. >.>

Did they announce all of the characters, or did they only release some of them?
Enzo Ripto Gems: 405
#7 Posted: 21:39:16 23/08/2012
Highly doubt he will be in it. I really really hope for Sir Daniel Fortesque though!
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#8 Posted: 21:48:54 23/08/2012
Looking back at the picture, It looks like Spyro's horns got cut off but that could be me. (Where it says Player 3)
And Crashes right leg looks a little..deformed.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#9 Posted: 22:37:54 23/08/2012
Quote: Enzo
Highly doubt he will be in it. I really really hope for Sir Daniel Fortesque though!

:0 Sir Daniel Fortesque = My Childhood!!!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#10 Posted: 23:10:05 23/08/2012
Pretty sure the pic is fake, the portrait pic is from the commercial when Spyro is giving a speech to the other Skylanders. They should allow you the ability to add your Skylanders figures into the game though, that'd be awesome. I'd consider picking this game up and Giants for PS3 if that happened to be the case.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#11 Posted: 23:35:30 23/08/2012
I wish Spyro WAS in.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#12 Posted: 04:03:23 24/08/2012
Both look fake. But related to the Spyro picture itself... Classic or BUST. Sky-Spyro is NOT an all-star... Not yet at least.
#13 Posted: 15:28:29 24/08/2012
I Really want to see the Original Spyro in All-Stars, NO SKYLANDER!!!!! >.<
---
#14 Posted: 16:01:50 24/08/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

Did they announce all of the characters, or did they only release some of them?

No, but there was a closed beta session in Southeast Asia. Rather than playing the game, some of the testers extracted the data and found the roster and stages. Now, maybe they'll add more characters between the beta and the full release...

...Also, for those of you who think "THEY WON'T PUT SKYRO IN THERE CAUSE HE SUX..." I'd like to point out that the NEW Dante from DmC is in it as opposed to the Dante everyone is familiar with (who was even in Marvel vs. Capcom 3) and he hasn't even been in a single game yet. Also, Ratchet & Clank take their All 4 One/Full Frontal Assault forms. So if Spyro gets in, you can bet it's going to be Skyro. >.>
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#15 Posted: 17:12:26 24/08/2012
Looks very fake to me too.

There was one website that mentioned them delaying the game another month or so, and that they were hoping it meant a possibility of Crash or Spyro. At this time, I doubt they'll be in it. So far, none of my Playstation heroes are actually included, so I'll skip this game entirely.

It's a shame they didn't have an alternative to Assist trophies, I'd love to see the look on everyone's face when they got BUBSY just being utterly useless (Goldeen's counterpart, say).
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#16 Posted: 23:24:47 24/08/2012
Quote: Enzo

I think Sir Dan has already been confirmed for the roster, in which case I will then purchase the game on day 1 for that reason alone smilie

About Spyro, I'm going to wait until all the characters are revealed. If he isn't in it, that's too bad but nothing can be done about it, and if he is in it as the Skylanders version they would probably include an alternate costume for his classic design anyway.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:28 25/08/2012 by Winston1
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#17 Posted: 01:13:47 25/08/2012
I honestly don't think he'll be in, sadly.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#18 Posted: 02:39:59 25/08/2012
Actually I think some of the costumes are designed to take the form of others Sony characters. I think there's a Kevin Butler costume, for example... <.<;
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#19 Posted: 06:56:52 25/08/2012
I would like it, would give me another reason to buy a PS3, and I would love if it was skylanders spyro.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#20 Posted: 20:37:50 26/08/2012
Probably not, no. Most of the assets have apparently been leaked, and Spyro isn't amongst them in any form.
---
Eh.
Faun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1291
#21 Posted: 16:48:32 31/08/2012
I don't think that Spyro would be in it because his games aren't Playstation exclusive anymore. Same goes for Crash.
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#22 Posted: 17:03:22 31/08/2012
I heard Activision might be putting Crash in it. But its not confirmed
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#23 Posted: 17:36:59 31/08/2012
Quote: TorchSheep

o.0 Really?
---
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#24 Posted: 19:11:13 31/08/2012
It seems that they went with the MediEvil Resurrection design for Sir Dan. Yet another indication that, if Spyro and Crash make it in, their default designs would be based off of their most recent games (Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Crash Nitro Kart 2).
Enzo Ripto Gems: 405
#25 Posted: 20:50:52 31/08/2012
Quote: Winston1
It seems that they went with the MediEvil Resurrection design for Sir Dan. Yet another indication that, if Spyro and Crash make it in, their default designs would be based off of their most recent games (Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Crash Nitro Kart 2).

I don't know, it sort of looks like a combination of Resurrection and classic, but a bit more Resurrection.
#26 Posted: 01:00:02 01/09/2012
Quote: AngelicBeast
The only thing is, Snake is in Brawl.. It wouldn't be as fair to have him in multiple cross over games, give others a shot. The others I wouldn't really care if they were in or not :P

Which is why Raiden is in All-Stars instead.

Also, Activision tweeted at its fans that it would like to see Crash in All-Stars saying it's "all on Superbot". No mention of Spyro. A sample poll taken on ScrewAttack.com had Crash getting 64% of the vote to Spyro's 36%.

Again, I'll restate this: Spyro's most likely not going to be there, unless there's DLC. In the unlikely event he IS, it will be Skyro, no doubt about it.
---
#27 Posted: 20:20:00 02/09/2012

Because Activision totally have say on who will and won't be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal. Next time you try to spread a rumour, get your facts right smilie
#28 Posted: 16:55:04 03/09/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

Because Activision totally have say on who will and won't be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal. Next time you try to spread a rumour, get your facts right ;)

Also, Activision tweeted at its fans that it would like to see Crash in All-Stars saying it's "all on Superbot".

Y'know, just saying...
---
#29 Posted: 17:16:57 03/09/2012
Yeah, Activision would have to allow Sony to put Crash in PS All-Stars but it would be Sony who decided if they actually put Crash in the game - not Activision as TorchSheep was trying to make out.
#30 Posted: 01:27:08 04/09/2012
From what I understand though, Activision has given a "go-ahead" of sorts to Superbot or they're at least opening up some sort of negotiation.
---
#31 Posted: 23:52:43 04/09/2012
YEAH!!! Sir Daniel Fortesque is in the Game smilie
---
crashdragon Green Sparx Gems: 344
#32 Posted: 03:15:55 23/09/2012
Well I hope Spyro would be there if not that's okay I could understand that. But I hope Crash Bandicoot would be there.
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#33 Posted: 20:17:40 23/09/2012
I hope they include Spyro!! I wouldn't be surprised if he's not included, but I would really love to see him as a character!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#34 Posted: 22:13:05 23/09/2012
I think it would be great if Spyro was in the game as well but, it seems like Crash has a better chance of getting in since more people are asking for him.
#35 Posted: 01:35:09 24/09/2012
Quote: spyrocrash
I think it would be great if Spyro was in the game as well but, it seems like Crash has a better chance of getting in since more people are asking for him.

That's true
---
#36 Posted: 02:07:11 24/09/2012
Besides, we all know Skyro would be the one in Sony Smash Bros. if he even got in. And I don't think anyone would want that. >.>
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#37 Posted: 20:52:46 29/09/2012
The full roster has been announced at this point. Crash and Spyro are nowhere to be seen, so it's safe to say they aren't in the game, and probably won't be unless it was some last minute DLC later on down the road.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#38 Posted: 20:59:28 29/09/2012
Besides, we all know Skyro would be the one in Sony Smash Bros. if he even got in. And I don't think anyone would want that. >.>

I doubt they would do that. If PaRappawhat'shisface got in, then putting Classic Spyro in wouldn't be hard to imagine.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#39 Posted: 00:23:47 30/09/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182

I doubt they would do that. If PaRappawhat'shisface got in, then putting Classic Spyro in wouldn't be hard to imagine.

Yes but they put the Ninja Theory Dante in, despite him not being in a released game yet. They also put the A4O/FFA styled Ratchet & Clank and the Revengance style Raiden. They're going with current styles for existing characters so Spyro would be no exception as the goal would be to promote the games Spyro's currently in: Skylanders. Maybe Classic Spyro would be a costume. <.<
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#40 Posted: 02:00:14 30/09/2012
Quote: CAV
The full roster has been announced at this point. Crash and Spyro are nowhere to be seen, so it's safe to say they aren't in the game, and probably won't be unless it was some last minute DLC later on down the road.

At least this means no Skyro.
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#41 Posted: 04:08:09 30/09/2012
I somehow kinda doubt it... Spyro really only had three games strictly from the PlayStation and even so, back then the franchise wasn't too big. Then again, Ice Climbers only had a game for the NES and still made it into Smash Bros when they weren't popular... It's hard to say.

Quote: AngelicBeast
http://www.ign.com/wikis/plays...yale/Characters
I'm at least glad Jak and Daxter and Sly are in this game. Probably all I'll be playing as. I hope they add in more games though.

OH MY WHAT. YES. ♥
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me