Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Skylanders European Tour [CLOSED]
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1 Posted: 10:11:17 08/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Activision Publishing is bringing Skylanders to ten cities across Europe this Summer in a live arena tour.

The tour will offer fans multiple ways to get to know their favourite Skylanders, and a first look at Skylanders Giants, the new addition to the franchise set to come to homes this Autumn.

The Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Arena Tour kicks off in the UK on Saturday 11th August, making a first appearance at Birmingham’s Bullring Centre before heading down to London for family festival LolliBop from 17-19th August. It will then travel to the Destination Jeux festival in France (22nd-23rd August), Breman and Centro in Germany (25th August and 31st/1st September), Stockholm (7-8th September), Milan (15-16th September), Madrid (22nd-23rd September), and Paris (29th September), before a final stopover in the Netherlands (6-7th October).

All of the Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Tour arenas will offer fans multiple gameplay opportunities, as well as a wealth of other interactive and entertaining activities.

For more information on the tour visit: http://www.skylanderstour.com

---

Can anyone get to that link, my login isn't working and try as I might I can't get it to reset or create a new one.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:11:40 08/08/2012 by wideawakewesley
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 12:43:24 08/08/2012
Deja vu. Also, this should probably be in the Giants section.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 13:31:24 08/08/2012
Looks like the US is getting screwed again
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#4 Posted: 13:48:23 08/08/2012
Quote: ZapNorris

well who has the sidekicks
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#5 Posted: 13:50:14 08/08/2012
Yeah you are right, but why is it that the UK has this tour, playing cards, and a Lolibop event while the us is being neglected? At least we got sidekicks
#6 Posted: 13:56:13 08/08/2012
Yeah you are right, but why is it that the UK has this tour, playing cards, and a Lolibop event while the us is being neglected? At least we got sidekicks

we had e3 and are getting the playing cards from tops, New york toy fair, and one more event I think maybe not
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#7 Posted: 14:02:49 08/08/2012
Oh.
I didn't know we were getting the cards
Sparx dragonfly Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#8 Posted: 14:39:38 08/08/2012
Oh Yes! I can go to it! And I can play the videogame gameplay! I will get videos and photos of the game
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:16:26 09/08/2012 by Sparx dragonfly
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#9 Posted: 18:24:41 08/08/2012
Quote: dragonmk

well who has the sidekicks

We get the little stuff. Europe gets early releases of books, tours, and other things Skylander fans in the US wish we could have. I would be happy to trade sidekicks for a Skylanders tour.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#10 Posted: 19:34:36 08/08/2012
I can't seem to look into the page, wish I could see it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#11 Posted: 23:25:54 08/08/2012
Wow, that's not a lot of time to arrange travel and what nots. I've been plugging away at Lollibop for a while to get any information and I'll share this nugget for information: no lone adults can go to Lollibop :/
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#12 Posted: 13:09:25 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Planning to take my son to Birmingham on Saturday now, so I'll take pictures and video if I can. Unfortunately my best recording device is an iPad, but I don't want to take that as I feel like a complete spoon using it as a camera in public.
---
#13 Posted: 13:39:14 09/08/2012
I rang the Bullring and found out the event starts at 10am and finishes at 8pm, it is being hosted in the St.Martin's Square section of the Bullring. I wasn't going to bother the staff with the details of the event.

The main event web page doesn't load for me either, first it says I need to log in, then I log in and it wouldn't work :/

So other than myself and wideawakeweasley who else is planning to go?
---
#14 Posted: 13:47:01 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Good work Buzz!

I've mailed Activision PR in the UK to see if I can get more details.
---
#15 Posted: 14:10:37 09/08/2012
Quote: wideawakewesley
Good work Buzz!

I've mailed Activision PR in the UK to see if I can get more details.

Good Luck - they never reply to my emails, but then again I don't work for a game company smilie
---
#16 Posted: 14:28:51 09/08/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
I rang the Bullring and found out the event starts at 10am and finishes at 8pm, it is being hosted in the St.Martin's Square section of the Bullring. I wasn't going to bother the staff with the details of the event.

The main event web page doesn't load for me either, first it says I need to log in, then I log in and it wouldn't work :/

So other than myself and wideawakeweasley who else is planning to go?

Ehm... Me. Didn't see my post?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:30:27 09/08/2012 by Sparx dragonfly
#17 Posted: 14:50:05 09/08/2012
Some more information on this tour taken from the competition page on Mummy 2 Five**

Quote: Mummy2Five
**Other fun-filled Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Arena Tour activities include:

· ** ** ** ** Game trials of both Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and the new Skylanders Giants
· ** ** ** ** Portal of PowerTM Stage and Play Podium: Hosted on a giant Portal of PowerTM, visitors will be encouraged to climb the podium throughout the day for epic Skylanders play-offs and the chance to win a special prize
· ** ** ** ** The Green Screens: All kids will be able to take a little piece of the Skylands world home, with a souvenir photograph taken with their favourite Skylander within the magical Skylands world
· ** ** ** ** Activity Zone: Featuring face-painting, fake tattoos and games like ‘Match the Pairs’
· ** ** ** ** Welcome to the Arena Rewards: Everyone who visits and experiences the magic of the Skylanders Arena will be given a wristband and a goody bag filled with treats
---
#18 Posted: 15:08:59 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I found this too, not sure if it's just for Lollibop or for the whole tour:

Quote:
The tour will also give families a first look at Skylanders Giants which brings back all the well-loved elements of the original – and then some. Combining physical toys with virtual gameplay Skylanders Giants offers a gaming experience like no other; with new characters and new challenges, it is one massive adventure.

The fun-filled Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Arena Tour will provide visitors with a wealth of interactive and entertaining activities including:

· Meet the Giants: The highlight of the tour, kids will be amongst the first in the world to have a look and play of Skylanders Giants. There will be two Giants statues showcasing brand new characters – a huge photo opportunity!

· Trial Turrets: Game trials of both Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and the new Skylanders Giants game will take place all day on eight trial turrets, each featuring screens – so everyone gets a chance to experience new virtual adventures

· Portal of PowerT Stage and Play Podium: Hosted on a giant Portal of Power, visitors will be encouraged to climb the podium throughout the day for epic Skylanders play-offs and the chance to win a special prize

· The Green Screens: All kids will be able to take a little piece of the Skylands world home, with a souvenir photograph taken with their favourite Skylander within the magical Skylands world

· Activity Zone: Featuring face-painting, fake tattoos and games like ‘Match the Pairs’, this zone is packed full of fun ways for fans to immerse themselves in the Skylanders world

· Welcome to the Arena Rewards: Everyone who visits and experiences the magic of the Skylanders Arena will be given a wristband and a goody bag filled with treats
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:58 09/08/2012 by wideawakewesley
#19 Posted: 15:45:11 09/08/2012
I'm Spanish so how can I get the tickets when the tour comes to Madrid?
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#20 Posted: 15:54:30 09/08/2012
Anyone that goes to this, please make sure you bring a good camera and take lots and lots of pictures!

Then upload them here for all of us that can't go! smilie
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#21 Posted: 15:58:08 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: nocturnalnathan
Anyone that goes to this, please make sure you bring a good camera and take lots and lots of pictures!

I'll do my best. I'll also ask any questions folks want answered about Giants. Just post them in this thread.
---
#22 Posted: 16:05:06 09/08/2012

Okay! But sorry, wait to the 22 of September...
And anyone ask my question?
#23 Posted: 16:07:49 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sparx dragonfly

It's not a ticketed event, at least not the one in Birmingham. That's just in a shopping centre. The one at Lollibop is ticket only, but that's because it's a kids festival, not open to the general public.
---
#24 Posted: 16:30:54 09/08/2012
Quote: Sparx dragonfly

It's not a ticketed event, at least not the one in Birmingham. That's just in a shopping centre. The one at Lollibop is ticket only, but that's because it's a kids festival, not open to the general public.

Okay! Thanks!
#25 Posted: 16:32:41 09/08/2012
Im jelly now i wish my brother could go to that he would have fun
---
bonbonsalad Gold Sparx Gems: 2212
#26 Posted: 16:34:33 09/08/2012
Everyone who visits and experiences the magic of the Skylanders Arena will be given a wristband and a goody bag filled with treats.

Looks like Gamemaster has more work cut out for him!
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
#27 Posted: 16:38:05 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: bonbonsalad
Everyone who visits and experiences the magic of the Skylanders Arena will be given a wristband and a goody bag filled with treats.

Looks like Gamemaster has more work cut out for him!

I owe him one, so I'll be looking to pick something up for him.
---
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#28 Posted: 16:49:55 09/08/2012
Absolutely gutted I cant go. The event is just too far away from me and I work weekends smilie
#29 Posted: 16:57:44 09/08/2012

I'll do my best. I'll also ask any questions folks want answered about Giants. Just post them in this thread.

Thank you so much! Just try to find out about the new Skylanders and/or Giants, please!

We still don't have any pictures of the Magic Giant, Undead Giant, or Sprocket, the new Tech Skylander. A clearer picture of Flashwing wouldn't be bad either, as well as what Hot Dog's and Hot Head's figures will look like.

Also, we still don't even know the names of the Magic, Undead, or Water Giants, and we need the official name of Hot Dog as well.

If you can find a clear picture of the mysterious character poster anywhere, you should be able to get any of the info we're missing! Good luck and thanks for helping everyone that can't go to this out! smilie
---
#30 Posted: 17:19:49 09/08/2012

Thank you so much! Just try to find out about the new Skylanders and/or Giants, please!

We still don't have any pictures of the Magic Giant, Undead Giant, or Sprocket, the new Tech Skylander. A clearer picture of Flashwing wouldn't be bad either, as well as what Hot Dog's and Hot Head's figures will look like.

Also, we still don't even know the names of the Magic, Undead, or Water Giants, and we need the official name of Hot Dog as well.

If you can find a clear picture of the mysterious character poster anywhere, you should be able to get any of the info we're missing! Good luck and thanks for helping everyone that can't go to this out! smilie

I will do that all! You're welcome!
#31 Posted: 19:06:18 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Finally got this from the Activision website:

Not only will you get to meet the Skylanders, but you’ll also get to show off your game play skills. Have you got what it takes to enter our Skylanders Arena Tournament? Everyone that plays will win a Skylanders toy and every day the player with the highest score will be entered into the Skylanders Arena Grand Prize Draw.

Take to the stage and enter the Skylanders Arena Tournament
Experience Skylanders and play the game on one of our 12 demo gamepods
Take the Skylanders Character challenge and WIN a T-shirt
Get your picture taken with the Skylanders
Have your face painted ‘Skylanders’ style
Have your photo taken with TREE REX, one of the new range of Giant Skylanders coming soon!
Choose a FREE surprise Skylanders gift
Seated area for parents to relax
---
#32 Posted: 19:11:36 09/08/2012

Not only will you get to meet the Skylanders, but you’ll also get to show off your game play skills. Have you got what it takes to enter our Skylanders Arena Tournament? Everyone that plays will win a Skylanders toy and every day the player with the highest score will be entered into the Skylanders Arena Grand Prize Draw.

Have your photo taken with TREE REX, one of the new range of Giant Skylanders coming soon!

I wonder what the exclusive figure will be?! Ugh! I wish I lived in Europe!!
---
#33 Posted: 19:19:27 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator

I wonder what the exclusive figure will be?! Ugh! I wish I lived in Europe!!

Nothing says it's be exclusive. It may just be a regular figure or maybe a sidekick.
---
#34 Posted: 20:39:35 09/08/2012

Nothing says it's be exclusive. It may just be a regular figure or maybe a sidekick.

My guess it's a sidekick as they are packaged in plastic baggies rather than full blown packages. Packaging is expensive and assuming they would give away a figure with every game trial (trails should officially last 5 minutes).

So some Maths:
12 trials an hour for 8 hours = 96 Trials per Demo Game Pod
96 Trials x 12 Game Pods = 1,152 Trails per day
So " Everyone that plays will win a Skylanders toy" that's a minimum of 1,152 toys to be given out, per tour stop.

I'm not a maths-head, but that should give us an idea of the amount of toys (assuming stocks don't run out early) on the tour.

I'm starting to get excited on this tour, still annoyed on the short notice given to us, but it should be fun smilie
---
#35 Posted: 22:28:56 09/08/2012
Well this seems a lot of fun I wanna go now my brother would love something like this.
---
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#36 Posted: 23:21:04 09/08/2012
Ok. I'm not ranting, but where's the us tour? Why do we get neglected? I know S:SA did a mall tour, but they didn't even think about coming up north. And what about Canada and Australia? I am clueless as to why they've all the sudden decide that everything fun is gonna happen over the pond.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#37 Posted: 23:25:59 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dmcrocks
Ok. I'm not ranting, but where's the us tour? Why do we get neglected? I know S:SA did a mall tour, but they didn't even think about coming up north. And what about Canada and Australia? I am clueless as to why they've all the sudden decide that everything fun is gonna happen over the pond.

Just because it hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean it's not going to happen. I'm sure the US arm have plenty of stuff planned.
---
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#38 Posted: 23:32:25 09/08/2012
I hadnt thought of that... Hopefully they plan it soon and have it come to the Nashville area.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#39 Posted: 00:08:39 10/08/2012
To be fair, Europe don't often get anything interesting in the long run. No doubt the US will get a load of epic merchandise that will never make it over here.

On the subject of the tour, I'd like to go, though I'm still not certain. It's disappointing that the London event is part of the Lollibop festival (which doesn't seem any good even if I was still a kid). My friend may be going to the Birmingham one though, so she'll get some pics.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#40 Posted: 01:48:27 10/08/2012
Didn't the first/last preview event give out Prism Break?

Sidekicks do sound like a likely giveaway though, since they're "unique" but not available over there.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#41 Posted: 02:29:10 10/08/2012
Hopefully they come through the stl area
---
#42 Posted: 15:20:39 10/08/2012
Quote: RadSpyro
To be fair, Europe don't often get anything interesting in the long run. No doubt the US will get a load of epic merchandise that will never make it over here.

But Canada (and Australia) still get neglected smilie!
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
#43 Posted: 16:13:23 10/08/2012
To be fair, some areas are neglected by events, but also consider that if previous tours have a poor turnout in area X then company running the tours will not go there in the future.

Consider this example of Pokemon events:
Way back in (I think 2009), a Pokemon tour date was announced for one day in Dublin and five or so days in Belfast. This event gave a free character download of Shaymin and encouraged attendees to pre-order the upcoming Pokemon Platnium version.
Between this event and the launch of Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (2010) I landed a job with the Events Organisers. During the training for the HGSS tour I asked why the (HGSS) tour was skipping Dublin and only doing two days in Belfast. The reason I was given was that the dates in Dublin/Belfast didn't hit the required pre-orders and therefor Nintendo weren't willing to incur the costs of being a tour down that far.
There hasn't been a Nintendo tour in (the Republic of) Ireland in at least three years.

The moral of this story is simple: attend as many of these blasted tours as you can, fill in the surveys, and encourage the staff to send your feedback to the organisers.

If you can go to these tours, DO. On the other hand, if you can't afford it/ get the time off work - don't beat yourself up.

I've often had to book flights to attend tours and whatnot. For this one I have to grab a train (well two trains) and be in transit for 5 hours. I'm not looking forward to that part smilie
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#44 Posted: 20:38:09 10/08/2012
Quote: bonbonsalad
Quote: RadSpyro

But Canada (and Australia) still get neglected smilie!

Very, very true smilie

At the last event, yes, they gave away Prism Break, Zap and some others to contest winners. A note about contests if it's following the same procedure as last time - Adults do not get chosen for contests. Kids only. Like, ten and under kids, not even teens were getting chosen.

Other items as prizes were t-shirts (exclusive ones of either Spyro or Eruptor, which stores never did sell), wristbands (no image - Just a name), badges as well as the actual figures. Also, Eruptor came around to have your photo taken with. There was also a place where you could get a free photo with you in the Skylanders realm, free poster, playing the game before, etc... So I'm curious to see how different this one will be.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#45 Posted: 09:18:29 11/08/2012
Should anyone going to this tour be in transit, please stay calm and take your time. Due to technical difficulties (staff not being ready), the event is now starting at the layer time of midday (12). So have a coffee while you wait smilie
---
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 14126
#46 Posted: 10:56:24 11/08/2012
Glad I overslept then. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
christopherpm Green Sparx Gems: 371
#47 Posted: 11:19:06 11/08/2012
It's a 7:30 drive for me to get to Birmingham, and about 12 or 13 hours to drive to London. I'm surprised that the two UK events were that close together - they should/could have had the first further north - somewhere like Newcastle....

Anyway, if those who go to the Birmingham event today can post details of what is available, what the "freebies" are etc., I might be interested in making the trip to London next weekend.
---
SPARE GITD smilie & smilie FOR TRADE - PM ME
SERIES 1 : ALL
SERIES 2 : Wave 1 + Granite smilie, GITD smilie, GITD smilie, Gnarly smilie, Rock smilie
#48 Posted: 15:16:51 11/08/2012
Any reports on how it went, guys?
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#49 Posted: 15:39:34 11/08/2012
^It was pretty good, a bit disappointed by the delay to 12:00 and was a bit small, but it was still fun. I forgot to check out the character map in game but I'm sure someone will remember in the next events.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#50 Posted: 18:55:37 11/08/2012
Did you get to play using any of the characters we haven't seen gameplay of?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me