Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Red Pop Fizz [CLOSED]
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1 Posted: 19:16:38 26/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I already mentioned this on the main "What we know about Giants" board, but no one seemed too interested in it there, so I figured I'd give it it's own thread.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but in the large image that's been out a while of all of the various figures, if you look right behind the reposed Terrafin, you can see what looks like a red Pop Fizz. I don't know if it's supposed to be legendary or a variant or what, but you can clearly tell it's Pop Fizz because you can see his hand holding the vial of soda sticking up, and a bit of his other claw from behind Terrafin.

http://i.imgur.com/IU7m9.jpg

Also, I'll bet you $5 that the new fire Skylander's name is "Hot Dog" smilie
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#2 Posted: 19:45:19 26/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Right after I posted my last message, I found this link for an interview with Alex Ness, the Cheif of Staff at Toys for Bob.

http://www.xxlgaming.com/newspage.asp?which=1934

In the interview, he hinted at the fact that there might be new kinds of variants coming out with Skylanders, other than just Legendaries, so maybe this Red Pop Fizz we can see in the background picture is some kind of new pallette swapped varient or something like that?
---
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#3 Posted: 19:46:59 26/07/2012
its believed that what looks like a red pop fizz is really the new tech skylander
---
Green Bean Machine
#4 Posted: 19:53:43 26/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: zook it up
its believed that what looks like a red pop fizz is really the new tech skylander

I suppose anything is possible, but that just doesn't make sense to me... I mean, you can clearly tell that it's Pop Fizz's bottle sticking up from behind the Series 2 Terrafin and they're even in the same pose. I don't think Toys for Bob would ever release two new figures that look that similar unless they were variants of each other. If anything is the new Tech Skylander, I think it's what ever is sticking in from off camera on the right side of the picture in the very front. You can tell it's on a Tech base, although I think it looks more like the Series 2 or Lightcore Drobot, whichever one isn't the reposed Drobot in the background.
---
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#5 Posted: 20:02:15 26/07/2012
I think people read far too much into that image from a video they shot. That video has versions of Jin's toys in there. I don't think they are releasing those to the public. I just think they staged a whole bunch of concept ideas in one photo and placed a lot of the new ones they are designing out in plain view. They are probably still ironing out the designs. They may have been debating on using Pop Fizz as a red or a blue design and were downselecting at that point. It looks like they chose blue over red. But red could be a variant. Speculation is fun, but at the same time, concepts are concepts. When that was issued, they were still nailing everything down and they do like to leave us guessing...so we just have to wait and see.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#6 Posted: 20:20:33 26/07/2012
Its not Red Pop Fizz if you look at their bracelets they don't match
#7 Posted: 20:25:16 26/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunburn55
Its not Red Pop Fizz if you look at their bracelets they don't match

The bracelets are very similar though. The Pop Fizz's are brown with gold, and the red Skylander's are mostly all gold and look a little spikier than Pop Fizz, but other than that, they're almost the same. The Legendary Ignitor and the figure that everyone thinks is Legendary Slam Bam both have changes made to them, so I don't see why they couldn't have made some changes to Pop Fizz for his variant also.
---
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#8 Posted: 20:48:09 26/07/2012
In fact, the Legendary Ignitor is the same as the series two Ignitor. Same with Slam Bam. The only difference between EVERY legendary is the colour. I doubt it is Pop Fizz, although we'll see. And even then it isn't Legendary, it'd be a variant. All variants so far are just colour differences (or it's got some sort of paint for the Glow in the Dark ones) - the mould is just the same.
wildman47025 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1111
#9 Posted: 01:02:37 27/07/2012
speculation is that the red pop fizz is a 3ds exclusive just like dark spyro was
---
lookin for flocked stumpy
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#10 Posted: 01:10:46 27/07/2012
I would be shocked if that were not a red Pop Fizz. I know people are saying they see a Tech base, but that looks to me like it's clearly Magic. Whether or not xero has a point though, about it being a pre-production figure, is anyone's guess.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#11 Posted: 02:01:37 27/07/2012
it is red pop fizz, if you look close you can see the "gauntlet-ish" thing on the arm of it, just like the blue pop fizz has
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
greenpuff Blue Sparx Gems: 648
#12 Posted: 14:15:42 27/07/2012
It is the tech Skylander named Sprocket.
---
Finished SG!
I got smilie and smilie
bonziebonzie Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#13 Posted: 15:49:29 27/07/2012
I noticed that if you look at the right of the remodeled Terrafin you can see what appears to be Eruptors arm.
---
My first Spyro game was Spyro Orange so make that what you will.
palmo Green Sparx Gems: 380
#14 Posted: 21:18:13 27/07/2012
No I believe it is a red pop fizz because when I zoomed in on the image and moved so that I had popfizz and the red guy in the same area I found they were identicle apart from colouring.
---
Skylander contest here:
palmo's contest
Legodude56 Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#15 Posted: 00:23:33 30/07/2012
It is definitely a red pop fizz. Probably a variant. You can see the magic base. Both arms, and part of his body.
---
"You have to go back" -Matt
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#16 Posted: 00:52:29 30/07/2012
Or a Legendary Pop Fizz. Maybe a new color scheme for this new Legendary.
---
words. letters. filler.
#17 Posted: 01:15:53 30/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Or a Legendary Pop Fizz. Maybe a new color scheme for this new Legendary.

It makes sense... So far all of the Legendaries have been Blue with Gold accents... Pop Fizz is already mostly blue anyway, so it wouldn't really make much sense for him to still be Blue, even if it is a different shade. And the Red Pop Fizz's bracelet things have a lot of gold on them, so Legendary variant is a very logical theory.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#18 Posted: 01:20:20 30/07/2012
To me, it's got to be the Tech Skylander. It doesn't look like the Magic base at all. (Admittedly, it doesn't really look much like the Tech base, but it may just be the lighting on it. Regardless, it's not flat like the Magic base is though)

The only POSSIBLE alternate it could be is a 3DS Exclusive Pop Fizz. Since Pop Fizz is the 3DS "exclusive" in of itself, it'd make sense to make an alternate color one for the collectors while also selling a regular one AND the LightCore one on Day 1 (Which is my theory of what they'll do) But that of course seems a bit farfetched..I mean.. THREE variants for a new character? He's no Spyro, and definitely not the face of Skylanders Giants either. (Tree Rex would be the only one I'd see having a bunch of variants)

I don't really think we can rule out it being a "palette swap" of Pop Fizz either. I can easily see them do a Magic vs Tech sort of design with this.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#19 Posted: 02:06:15 30/07/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
To me, it's got to be the Tech Skylander. It doesn't look like the Magic base at all. (Admittedly, it doesn't really look much like the Tech base, but it may just be the lighting on it. Regardless, it's not flat like the Magic base is though)

The only POSSIBLE alternate it could be is a 3DS Exclusive Pop Fizz. Since Pop Fizz is the 3DS "exclusive" in of itself, it'd make sense to make an alternate color one for the collectors while also selling a regular one AND the LightCore one on Day 1 (Which is my theory of what they'll do) But that of course seems a bit farfetched..I mean.. THREE variants for a new character? He's no Spyro, and definitely not the face of Skylanders Giants either. (Tree Rex would be the only one I'd see having a bunch of variants)

I don't really think we can rule out it being a "palette swap" of Pop Fizz either. I can easily see them do a Magic vs Tech sort of design with this.

I looked closely and I can see the claws on his right hand without the potion bottle. And I completely see the magic base (the triangles on it) So Either It's a Dark version (Possibility :l) or a Legendary version as that makes more sense.
---
words. letters. filler.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#20 Posted: 04:33:15 30/07/2012
My conjecture was that it's the tech Skylander but I'm not sure; only time will truly tell (that is if it will be released to the general public). It seems to have horns and some yellow coloring close to where its face would be. I thought that the base appeared more like a tech Skylander's than magic one and that the yellow/gold part of the figure's gloves looked like gears (sprockets).

I'm still going to leave my guess at it being the new tech Skylander, "Sprocket" but this is only my assumption.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#21 Posted: 14:22:11 30/07/2012
Looks like a red pop fizz to me. I guess it is technically a variant in the same way a legendary is but mostlikely a new forum of legendary.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
andreas20012001 Blue Sparx Gems: 674
#22 Posted: 14:46:15 30/07/2012
lol a red pop fizz ????? have the "red pop fizz" other attacks than pop fizz
---
my youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/andreasgoethals?feature=mhee
skylandergiants Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#23 Posted: 15:28:46 30/07/2012
if you zoom up on the remodelled sonic boom you can see that one the base of the figure is one of sonic's babies. I reffer to them as baby booms. also if you zoom up on double trouble it looks as though hes holding an axe. weird :0
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
#24 Posted: 17:04:46 30/07/2012
Okay...seriously. That is a color variant version of Pop Fizz. They do different iterations of figures all the time to try to nail down color schemes and downselect which they like best. Obviously when this video was produced, they were using filler to show off all the new cool figures coming out without the thought that we'd dissect the entire freeze frame. I would have to say that they aren't making a Jin version of Sonic Boom...and that's in there. The red Pop Fizz is just a color choice version. They decided on the blue version. It was a mockup. It's not some other character. It is clear as day when you zoom in on that photo that it IS indeed Pop Fizz. End of discussion... smilie

EDIT: if you hold control and use your mouse scroll you can zoom in even closer. You can clearly see the silver claw on Pop Fizz in both pictures. Seriously...it's obvious.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:05 30/07/2012 by xerokills
ninjacat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#25 Posted: 22:59:39 01/08/2012
guys it is obvious if you can zoom in close enough you can see the yellow of pop-fizz's eyes! and ya that's a magic base!
and part of his mouth!
---
BOW DOWN TO YOUR BELOVED RULER ~ :3 NUFF SED.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:40 01/08/2012 by ninjacat
#26 Posted: 23:31:09 01/08/2012
Quote: ninjacat
guys it is obvious if you can zoom in close enough you can see the yellow of pop-fizz's eyes! and ya that's a magic base!
and part of his mouth!

Yeah we saw that. And besides it's most likely a legendary. Wouldn't variants be the whole color? Like all red? Like Walmart Red Drill Sergeant.
I'm still saying that's a legendary with a new color scheme. Probably some blue and yellow legendarys and some red and (insert color here) legendarys?
---
words. letters. filler.
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#27 Posted: 23:34:55 01/08/2012
it could be pop fizz you know he has other abilities than his jekel and hyde so maybe it could be him used a potion already
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#28 Posted: 23:41:31 01/08/2012
yeah i thought about that ! i read somewhere that no-one knew is his original skin color, possibly he was red? no idea
---
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13966
#29 Posted: 23:52:16 01/08/2012
Perhaps Pop Fizz just comes in a wide variety of colours? Collect all sixteen Pop Fizzes!
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30 Posted: 23:54:55 01/08/2012
Quote: dark52
Perhaps Pop Fizz just comes in a wide variety of colours? Collect all sixteen Pop Fizzes!

That is my new signature.
#31 Posted: 00:10:12 02/08/2012

No0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o!!1111!!!!111!!!! WHat blasphamy would that be D: pop fizz so far is my favorite.
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#32 Posted: 05:34:54 02/08/2012
I sure hope it isn't a red Pop Fizz unless he gets some kind of new ability, even if it's just on 3DS. It's annoying how the Legendaries got nothing new even though you had to buy them separately, but at least Dark Spyro is different on ONE version.

If they're going to make these variants, they should make Red Pop Fizz and Red Jet-Vac in wide-release Singles, with them having different movesets only in their respective versions(so Pop Fizz gets a different one in 3DS, and Jet-Vac on console). Heck, if they feel generous they can even make a Red Tree Rex with a different set on both versions and chuck them all into a Triple.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#33 Posted: 09:54:41 02/08/2012
i honestly think you people need to get your eyes checked.
[User Posted Image]

look at his gauntlet.

[User Posted Image]

now zoom in AALLL the way, it has golden dots on his gauntlet, and it is a different shape.
i really think that is all the proof you need, i dont see any valid argument on the entire page.

plus the glove looks a lot smaller compared to his arm.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:56:21 02/08/2012 by SparCrux1101
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#34 Posted: 09:58:48 02/08/2012

Why do I get the feeling that they might actually do that?
---
Bring the Fanta
#35 Posted: 10:30:47 02/08/2012
Quote: SparCrux1101
[User Posted Image]

look at his gauntlet.
img poof
now zoom in AALLL the way, it has golden dots on his gauntlet, and it is a different shape.
i really think that is all the proof you need, i dont see any valid argument on the entire page.

Well then what is he holding? in his hand remember skylanders change when they get upgraded maybe he gets new gloves they show trigger happy with his mounted gun now so Popfizz may now be red
---
#36 Posted: 14:22:34 02/08/2012
Quote: SparCrux1101
[User Posted Image]

look at his gauntlet.

[User Posted Image]

GO look at the picture of PoP Fizz in Blue in the group photo of all of them. What do you see? The same thing. It's a RED POP FIZZ. If you rotated the figure to the proper angle from the example you showed, you'd see it's probably not visible in that photo.

VALID ARGUMENT...VALIDATED. Thanks for playing. smilie

EDIT: I think that bump on the wristlet is a jewel or clear ball so it glows with the light core. I am imagining his flask glows too. I am just gonna say though...I bet the red version could be the light core version? I haven't really followed who gets to be light core and doesn't. But that could be a strong possibility.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:26:44 02/08/2012 by xerokills
#37 Posted: 14:42:44 02/08/2012
LoL! Guys i found articulated chop-chop in the back! and i found a cake topping of stealth elf smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:04 02/08/2012 by ninjacat
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#38 Posted: 14:58:10 02/08/2012

1. Blue
  2. Red
  3. Green
  4. Yellow
  5. Orange
  6. Brown
  7. Purple
  8. Gold
  9. Silver
  10. Crystal
  11. GITD
  12. Metalic
  13. GLITTER
  14. RAINBOW
  15. HOT PINK
  16. INVISIBLE

I'm not gonna have any money for all that awesome.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#39 Posted: 15:00:51 02/08/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

1. Blue
  2. Red
  3. Green
  4. Yellow
  5. Orange
  6. Brown
  7. Purple
  8. Gold
  9. Silver
  10. Crystal
  11. GITD
  12. Metalic
  13. GLITTER
  14. RAINBOW
  15. HOT PINK
  16. INVISIBLE

I'm not gonna have any money for all that awesome.

Ha! I just got all 16!

Oh shoot. I just lost the invisible one.
---
Bring the Fanta
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#40 Posted: 21:34:48 02/08/2012
dont give activision any more ideas. my wallet is already crying...
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#41 Posted: 22:08:36 02/08/2012
Why would people want to buy a similar looking skylander that just is a different colour and has minor differences? :/

They are ripping everyone off and aren't being creative by doing this.
#42 Posted: 22:15:53 02/08/2012
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Why would people want to buy a similar looking skylander that just is a different colour and has minor differences? :/

It could be another "dark spyro:" where the red pop fiz is special to a certain console probably the 3ds
---
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#43 Posted: 02:15:35 03/08/2012
Quote: Ice Dragoness

Yet how many people on this sight list 37/37 instead of 32/32.

Toys for Bob found a way to make buck in an oversaturated market. It's your responsibility as an adult to decide whether or not you wanna purchase these technical duplicate figures.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#44 Posted: 03:58:57 03/08/2012
You know, to anyone who says this is fine:

Instead of wasting conveyor time on all these variants, they could have been making Wham-Shells, Camos and Warnados.
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#45 Posted: 05:02:30 03/08/2012
I agree id rather have whamshell instead of 16 popfizzes
good think I got a Camoens though
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#46 Posted: 05:08:44 03/08/2012
Camo sry I'm posted these on my kindle and it has a spell check ( which gets really annoying) and it wont let me edit off my kindle and sry for double posting
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
#47 Posted: 05:40:31 03/08/2012
Also, the problem with this being Pop Fizz's Bezerker form is that it's dark blue, not red...
#48 Posted: 05:43:19 03/08/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Also, the problem with this being Pop Fizz's Bezerker form is that it's dark blue, not red...

it doesn't have to be his berserker form they said there are many possiblities to his potions
---
#49 Posted: 05:44:53 03/08/2012
Quote: dragonmk
Quote: Nibelilt

it doesn't have to be his berserker form they said there are many possiblities to his potions

I know, but people are guessing it could be, so I just wanted to clarify that. smilie
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me