Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Top 5 Spyro Games [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#1 Posted: 16:07:45 11/07/2012 | Topic Creator
What are your Top 5 Spyro Games of all time (Skylanders, Mobile and McDonalds games count)
Here's Mine:

5) Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (Dont judge me smilie, I actually really enjoyed this game, if you can look past the glitches its not that bad)

4) Spyro: A Hero's Tail (May be different but enjoyable none the less, also AWESOME SOUNTRACK)

3) Spyro the Dragon (Soooooooooooo fuuuuuuuuuun)

2) Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer (Even better that Spyro 1)

1) Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Let's just say this game is my 2nd favorite game of all time)
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#2 Posted: 16:09:46 11/07/2012
1) The Eternal Night
2) A New Beginning
3) Dawn of the Dragon
4) Spyro 2
5) Spyro 1
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#3 Posted: 16:40:31 11/07/2012
1. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
2. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
3. The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
4. Spyro 2: Season of Flame
5. Spyro the Dragon - I've decided that I actually prefer the original Spyro game over A Hero's Tail, mainly because it was the first video-game I ever played. The controls were perfect, the graphics were great for its time, I loved the music and level designs, and the gameplay, while quite easy and simple, was fun and still holds after all these years.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:03:37 12/07/2012 by Winston1
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#4 Posted: 19:13:40 11/07/2012
1. Spyro 3: YotD
2. Spyro The Dragon
3. Spyro 2: RR
4. Spyro: A Hero's Tail
5. Skylanders
---
but i love it all smooth
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#5 Posted: 22:50:52 11/07/2012
01. Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer [I think the gameplay is perfect, I love the characters and how they are introduced to Spyro. I also find it to be more interesting having to unlock all the abilites for Spyro so later on he'd have to return to previous levels with his newer abilities. I enjoy most of the orb challenges, and most of the levels are fun. Skelos Badlands is most rememberable to me right now. I think this one has the best boss battle right at the end of the game, it's epic. I love the theme of each home world too.]
02. Spyro the Dragon [
03. Spyro: Year of the Dragon
04. Spyro: A Hero's Tail
05. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:07:03 12/07/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 23:01:15 11/07/2012
1. Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer
2. Spyro Year of the Dragon
3. Spyro: A Hero's Tail
4: Spyro the Dragon
5: Spyro 2: Season of Flame (GBA)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#7 Posted: 23:17:25 11/07/2012
1) Spyro: Year of the Dragon
2) Spyro the Dragon
3) Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!/Gateway to Glimmer
4) Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
5. Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs/Adventure
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7372
#8 Posted: 00:28:27 12/07/2012
1. Spyro the Dragon
2. Spyro: Ripto's Rage
3. Spyro: Year of the Dragon
4. Spyro DOTD
5. Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#9 Posted: 01:07:06 12/07/2012
1. Dotd
2. STD
3. AHT
4. YotD
5. TEN
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#10 Posted: 03:45:24 12/07/2012
1. spyro 2: ripto's rage
2. spyro the dragon
3. spyro: year of the dragon
4. spyro: a hero's tail
5. skylanders
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#11 Posted: 03:48:40 12/07/2012
1. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
2. Spyro The Dragon
3. Skylanders
4. Spyro: Year of the Dragon
5. A Hero's Tail
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#12 Posted: 04:05:13 12/07/2012
1. Spyro The Dragon... I just love how simple this game is and that you can pick it up, I love the characters, I love the settings... This game somehow makes me nostalgic even though I never played it in my childhood. I proudly admit complete bias to it. smilie

2. The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, GameBoy Advance... The best spriting I've ever seen, great storytelling, and the perfect blend of platforming and action. Once read in a review of it that it almost seems to know what you want to do in it... And it's true. The combat is just that fluid and goes along with the levels perfectly.

3. Spyro: A Hero's Tail... Great and remnant of the old trilogy, good characterization, and an excellent series of content. Truly seems to pull off what they wanted with the first trilogy, with excellently designed levels in a cool world.

4. Spyro: Year of The Dragon... One of my first games, one of my favorite games. Need I say more?

5 is a tie:
5. Spyro 2: Gateway To Glimmer... Pretty easy compared to the first and third games or it would have been higher. Some levels are also fairly lackluster. Characters and minigames are great though.
5. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, 3DS... It would have been in the top 3, but it's sorter than the other games, and more expensive. Still an excellent game and the closest to the original trilogy since A Hero's Tail.
SkyWanderer Blue Sparx Gems: 597
#13 Posted: 06:16:03 12/07/2012
1.the music of spyro the dragon(not joking I used to turn the playstation 1 on just to listen to the music over and over)

2.spyro the dragon...of course the gameplay the hidden jokes and treetops the level I love to hate on. and guh-Nasty guh-Norc.

3. Spyro: Year of the dragon(aka spyro 3): I like this game a great deal sheila was my favorite character to play as and I think then I had a minor crush on Sgt. Bird's voice which I find the idea of strange today.

4. Spyro: Ripto's rage/gateway to glimmer(spyro 2) oh the puzzles the horrid mini-games but the music and the levels and the flying were amazing. flying in magma cone was so fun. that groaning volcanic talking:

I knwwnow I knoww Om non Omm un ammmmnom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Damu6mjQ7nI

5. Eternal Night. not for reasons others might expect. I liked it for the architecture. yes the buildings. not the plot or anything... no....(looks around) not me.
---
http://omicronwanderer.deviantart.com
I am an Enviornmental modeler for projectFrixion : http://projectfrixion.deviantart.com
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#14 Posted: 09:32:00 12/07/2012
1: spyro a hero's tail, my first spyro game and one of the first few games I ever played. (I think it was the third?) plus beautiful graphics (to me back then smilie) and great music and some pretty cute side jokes.
or skylanders: it mase me so happy when I put spyro on the portal for the first time, I felt so happy, and it's a great game, and it has great humor (a bit cheesy at times, but funny).
2: spyro 2: gateway to glimmer. Love the cast and game over all.
3: TEN, it was really good and I like the theme and the plot.
4: tlos: a new beginning. I like it as a kid, and it was pretty good.
5: spyro enter the dragon fly or Dotd: Dotd was alright, but I kind of got confused with the plot, and the huge plot hole at the end smilie
- ETD obviously had heaps of glitches, but it is relaxing and kind of fun to play when it doesn't glitch.
sadly I never played spyro 1 and 3, I've been trying to for a few years, as I don't like ebay much smilie I was so close, because this store had spyro 1 and 2 in it, but closed down when I got there. smilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#15 Posted: 00:30:47 20/07/2012
1) Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
2) Spyro the Dragon.
3) Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage.
4) Spyro Enter the Dragonfly.
5) A tie between a Hero's Tail and Skylanders.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Todorov_T_11 Green Sparx Gems: 282
#16 Posted: 08:31:58 20/07/2012
5) TLOS eternal night / a hero tail
4) spyro 3
3) spyro 2
2) spyro the dragon
1) TLOS dawn of the dragon
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#17 Posted: 00:32:58 27/07/2012
(1) Year of the Dragon
(2) Spyro the Dragon
(3) Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer
(4) A Hero's Tail
(5) A New Beginning
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#18 Posted: 00:44:36 27/07/2012
1. YotD
2. DotD
3.AHT
4. ANB
5. I dunno but not Skylanders. smilie
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#19 Posted: 00:57:17 27/07/2012
Well, here it comes:

5th: Spyro Shadow Legacy: The Story was good, Gameplay was different but i'ts Great, the Graphics it wasn't bad at all, I Really Enjoy this game so much, is not the best game but I will play this game again...

4th: TLoS TEN (GBA Version): Aahhhh HELL YEAH xD, this is the Best Version of this game, the story was Epic, the graphics is Excellent and the gameplay was so Freaking AWESOME, I mean, Getting and Learning new Abilitys and going back to other places to get and reach other stuff, it was something like the old Spyro Games (Specially Spyro 2). I Really love this game, speacially in Hard Difficult.

3rd: Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon: That's right, this game have Everything, an excellent Story, Gameplay, Very funny characters, ugly Bosses and the Beautiful Bianca xD. It's was a Challenge for me to get "148" in my Atlas, but after getting these 148 eggs you found Moneybags and you have to TORCH HIS BUTT to get your gems back and you get the "Secret Egg" That was Impressive for me and a lot of things about this game, Why this is not the Number 1 for me? Because I miss something in this game, also you CAN'T Reach to the Secret Tower, I Try everything without Cheatcodes, But it's Impossible. This game is Highly Recommend, thrust me, it's one of the Best games of Playstation One...

2nd: Spyro the Dragon: The Title says everything, "Spyro the Dragon", cute, lovely, Short and a Brave Dragon trying to Defeat Gnasty Gnorc and his army and save the Dragon Kingdom, the story, voices, characters, enemys, bosses, everything in this game It's FUNNY. This game it's a Challenge, Let's see if you can reach to the Secret % >.< But... Why this is not the Number 1 of my list? Seriously, I don't Know but I always play this game again, again and again.

1st: Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage / Gateway to Glimmer: The Story, Gameplay, Characters, the Bosses (Crush and Gulp) and Speacially Ripto, everything of this game was a Masterpiece. The homeworlds are so Freaking beautiful, The bosses are so funny in the cutscenes, the Speedways are so challenging and specially the Soundtracks are so Freaking Great, you can realx, dance and fight when you are hearing them xD. Why this game is the Number 1? Because it was my FIRST Playstation game and also it was my First game that I finish IN MY LIFE (when I was 6), that was a wonderful day and in that moment I saw for the first time the Credits from a videogame, from that moment I know that you can finish the videogames and see the credits, just like the movies and Also I learn a lot of English words and Spelling stuff with this game. For that Reasons this is my Number 1
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#20 Posted: 01:16:41 27/07/2012
My Top 5 Spyro Games:
1. Spyro (3): Year of the Dragon (My first game I've ever played, really fun platformer, and the worlds in this game were incredible).
2. Spyro (2): Ripto's Rage!/Gateway to Glimmer (Probably the hardest in my opinion, but it was still fun, and the worlds in this were colorful in my opinion).
3. Spyro the Dragon (I love this game, but my only gripe with this game is the game is a LITTLE too easy, but maybe that's due to the fact that I've played Spyro games for 12 years).
4. Spyro A Hero's Tale (The first "non-classic" Spyro game I played. It was fun, and the worlds were really good)
5. Spyro: Shadow Legacy (My first handheld Spyro game. The story was good, and the controls were good).
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#21 Posted: 00:47:08 28/07/2012
1. Spyro: Year of The Dragon
2. Spyro (2): Ripto's Rage
3. Spyro The Dragon
4. Spyro: A Hero's Tail
5. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
smilie
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#22 Posted: 15:31:33 28/07/2012
1-Gateway to Glimmer.

First Spyro game I ever played and it's so challenging (read my earlier post I Am So Stupid) and Elora is one of my favrouite girl characters. I especially loved Summer Forest and in the speedway rounds me and my dad played against each other. He always won. I remember once when we got the game brand new and that pool in SF before you see Moneybags really confused us because the gems were under water and we couldn't get them before seeing Moneybags. And in Sunny Beach, I glided off the edge towards the island in the background, thinking it was another world smilie Also the character designs and voices (especially Elora), the music and the home world designs are amazing :-)

2-Year Of The Dragon

Can't remember when I started playing this game. The baby dragons are so cute :-) I just wish Elora was there. I love Sheila because she is fiery, humorous and Austalian, like moi! I also like Bianca a lot, and I think I started liking her because she was evil and my brother loves her because she's beautiful after she looses the robes. Hunter is as classy as ever and I LOVE Spyro in the cutscene...damn it's slipped my mind...Well Bianca gets attacked by a massive rabbit and Hunter saves her. Spyro gets real cocky. He really expresses how he feels in this game.

3-Season of Ice

The first non-Insomniac game with the characters nearly as they were in the first three

4-Spyro the Dragon

The game's alright apart from Beast Makers and bloody Jaques. Gnasty Gnotc's too easy to fight though; like the Sorceress I was expecting something harder.

5- Well, a hero's tail sounds good, but I haven't played it.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#23 Posted: 23:54:25 28/07/2012
1 Skylanders: Spyro Adventure
2 Skylanders Giants
3 Skylanders Cloud Patrol
4 Skylanders Universe

smilie jk. Ive never played any other but landers.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:30 28/07/2012 by Dmcrocks
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#24 Posted: 05:04:38 29/07/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks
2 Skylanders Giants
4 Skylanders Universe

You should try the InsOmniac trilogy
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#25 Posted: 12:05:16 29/07/2012
Quote: ilovespyro11
Quote: Dmcrocks
2 Skylanders Giants
4 Skylanders Universe

You should try the InsOmniac trilogy

And after that keep playing until you've played all Spyro games.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#26 Posted: 17:34:41 29/07/2012
My older brother used to have all of Los, but he got rid of them. When I found out, I lost it. Of course, not in his face, in my pillow.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#27 Posted: 08:18:01 30/07/2012
I have all the spyro games ever made and here is my list top 5
1/Spyro the Dragon
2/Spyro Year of the Dragon
3/Spyro a Hero's Tail
4/legend of Spyro The Eternal Night
5/legend of Spyro a New Beginning
gdk1dufner Green Sparx Gems: 110
#28 Posted: 07:05:21 23/08/2012
Mine favorite Spyro Games are:

A New Beginning
Spyro The Dragon
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Spyro Shadow Legacy
Spyro: A Hero's Tail

http://brothers-sisters.otavo.tv/ , http://burn-notice.otavo.tv/
Sky-Glaceon10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1910
#29 Posted: 06:36:08 16/10/2012
Top five? Hmm, I'd have to say:

1) Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon
2)Spyro 2 - Gateway To Glimmar
3) Spyro the Dragon
4) The Legend of Spyro - TEN (mostly because of Dark Spyro :3)
5) The Legend of Spyro - DoTD
---
"A Zone greater than Zone." Aomine Daiki - 2015
Ask me stuff I guess.
millaindie Green Sparx Gems: 170
#30 Posted: 19:21:28 16/10/2012
Mine are:

1. A New Beginning (first Spyro game I got. First game I completed. Completed it several times!)
2. A Hero's Tail (It's so different and unicue and I just love the gameplay!)
3. Gateway to Glimmer (It's just awesome! The best original Spyro game)
4. Spyro the Dragon (I really love this game it's so much fun!)
5. Dawn of the Dragon (I haven't completed it yet, but I enjoy it. Love the scenery and it's awesome that you can fly everywhere!)

Sometimes I enjoy Shadow Legacy, but it can often just become annoying.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me