Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay PRIZE has arrived.../ Next promo (Sidekicks) info in HERE
First | Previous | Page 26 of 35 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33 34 35
Frito Lay PRIZE has arrived.../ Next promo (Sidekicks) info in HERE [CLOSED]
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#1251 Posted: 02:38:42 15/07/2012
@Plaag: They're probably requiring participants to send the included form and the proof of purchase (UPC) on the outer bag in order to make sure people didn't just go ahead and steal the forms by opening bags in stores or buy the bags and claim they weren't included to the retailer they bought them from in order to cheat the system. If I were you, I'd call in, but it says right there on the form, so don't expect for them to help you if you can't somehow prove you've actually purchased them.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1252 Posted: 04:09:39 15/07/2012
SkylandersGame just posted a new image of Whisper Elf on their Facebook

[User Posted Image]
bigslam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1448
#1253 Posted: 12:18:56 15/07/2012
6weeks until my sidekicks arrive
---
What should I do with these skylanders . I wonder ???
#1254 Posted: 21:46:37 15/07/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHA!..............

Found them -

[User Posted Image]

I bought 9 bags. One set will be to open. Second set is to keep sealed. That totals 8 bags. So, why a 9th bag? I want to have the packaging the 20 bags of chips come in and the order form for my Skylanders wall.

This is in Oklahoma City, so peeps in dirty south may wanna keep an eye out.

Wait, so you are planning on putting a plastic bag, a form, and 20 bags of chips on your wall?
That's Awesome. And Crazy. Crazy Awesome.

And I got another bag, and now Fresh and Easy carries the sidekicks....
Just need to fill out this form for Terrabite, and get and fill out a form for Whisper Elf, and send them out.
Then all I need to do is wait.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1255 Posted: 22:12:00 15/07/2012
Quote: SparCrux1101
Quote: Monsinour
Here in upstate NY i havent seen these bags. it certainly isnt for a lack of trying either.

i dont understand, you make a big deal out of how activision is milking us for money and how you dont want to buy any more. then why do you keep posting? just sell your skylanders and stop. even your sig states that you hate them.

~~~
back on topic, i still dont get it. whats the point of tallying?

Maybe he is looking for someone apart from just himself? Not everyone in the world is selfish, you know...

And, for the record, he was on topic so your back on topic reference was dismissive given that is was you who took it OT in the first place.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1256 Posted: 22:14:02 15/07/2012
Quote: Plaag
I'm hoping I didn't screw up my chances - I forgot to send my UPC codes in the envelopes. I just hope they are forgiving in that regard.

ShaneG.

Given that the UPC is the proof that you purchased the producet, I am afraid that I don't like your chances.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#1257 Posted: 08:00:10 16/07/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Quote: Monsinour
Here in upstate NY i havent seen these bags. it certainly isnt for a lack of trying either.

i dont understand, you make a big deal out of how activision is milking us for money and how you dont want to buy any more. then why do you keep posting? just sell your skylanders and stop. even your sig states that you hate them.

~~~

Maybe he is looking for someone apart from just himself? Not everyone in the world is selfish, you know...

And, for the record, he was on topic so your back on topic reference was dismissive given that is was you who took it OT in the first place.

well, i wasn't accusing him of being selfish, just curious, and "it certainly isn't for a lack of trying" kinda triggered the question. and yeah, i was the one that took it out of topic, thats why i said "back on topic". and i never got my answer...
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#1258 Posted: 02:27:54 17/07/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHA!..............

Found them -

[User Posted Image]

I bought 9 bags. One set will be to open. Second set is to keep sealed. That totals 8 bags. So, why a 9th bag? I want to have the packaging the 20 bags of chips come in and the order form for my Skylanders wall.

This is in Oklahoma City, so peeps in dirty south may wanna keep an eye out.

Hate to rain on your obsessive parade GM, but isn't 4 sidekicks per household? Hopefully you have a 2nd adress, or they just don't check very hard, or your only going to 4.....
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1259 Posted: 06:00:31 17/07/2012
If you like Cheetos, check your local Walmart. Mine had some special bags that came with 22 bags of chips - the two extras being extra Cheetos.
#1260 Posted: 20:19:50 17/07/2012
Quote: UncleBob
If you like Cheetos, check your local Walmart. Mine had some special bags that came with 22 bags of chips - the two extras being extra Cheetos.

i think 80 bags of chips is enough
---
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#1261 Posted: 21:26:26 17/07/2012
Attention! Tennessean portal masters! The Lebanon Tn. walmart is chock full of sidekick bags!
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#1262 Posted: 22:58:35 17/07/2012
If anyone screws up like I did for the sidekick promotion (I did not send in the UPCs when I mailed everything off) there is hope. I talked to Frito Lay and they said as the orders are processed if anything is missing they will send out a letter to then ask for what ever item was missing. Though it will be going to a different address, so not to send the missing components in to the contest's address as then they will probably just be lost. So hope is restored for me smilie They said this is not their first rodeo, they have dealt with this in the past.

ShaneG.
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#1263 Posted: 23:10:15 17/07/2012
Uhhh...no. I don't think so.

Especially not Blue Bash.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html...to+lay&_sacat=0
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1264 Posted: 23:18:02 17/07/2012
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I have a few questions:

1. Do the the Sidekicks come in the bag or do you have to do something to get them?
2. If you have to do something to get them, what is it and how do you do it?
3. Can you choose which one you want?
4. And what is the limit of them that you can have?

I would appreciate these questions being answered and sources if you have any. Thank you. smilie

1. No, they're not in the large bag. You have to send in the UPC from the large bag, the card that's included (ranking which one you want, 1-4) and $2 on a check or money order for shipping and handling.

2. On the card, you simply fill out your deets, and choose which one you want by ranking them 1-4 (1 being the most wanted, 4 being the least)

3. Yup. You choose, although it DOES specifically mention that you may not get what you want.

4. 4 per household. So you could buy 4 bags in total.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#1265 Posted: 00:21:59 18/07/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks
Attention! Tennessean portal masters! The Lebanon Tn. walmart is chock full of sidekick bags!

Just got some there last week smilie
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
ShadowTwisted Green Sparx Gems: 305
#1266 Posted: 00:36:11 18/07/2012
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: spyroflame0487
1. No, they're not in the large bag. You have to send in the UPC from the large bag, the card that's included (ranking which one you want, 1-4) and $2 on a check or money order for shipping and handling.

4. 4 per household. So you could buy 4 bags in total.

1. What is a UPC? I honestly have no idea what that is. (shot for being dumb)

4. I might be moving in a few weeks, so my mom suggested that I get my grandpa to fill these out so that they come to his house while we buy four more packs after we move and fill those out to get four more. Is that allowed? After all, it does say four per household and my grandpa does live in a different house.

1. You know that chunk of vertical lines with a handful of numbers under it? That's the UPS code

4. It is limited to 4 per household, so technically it is possible.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#1267 Posted: 01:12:35 18/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Graz73
Quote: Postalgoddess
Spotted bags today with an expiration of 9/11...that's TWO weeks after the 8/28 expiration....aka wave 2. I believe that's how they stock the chips...so two more rounds of bags...and they'll be restocking with the next promo, whatever that may be!!! I say send in the cards, the sooner you order, the better chance they'll still have all 4 available!! The longer you wait, the more likely you'll get choice 2, 3, or 4.

Interesting theory. I wish I knew more about how the sidekicks availability worked, But with their goofy "rank 1 - 4" system I think it makes sense to get my request in as soon as possible so the figures are not sold out yet.

Of course, if they are showing up at the distributor in waves or something, that could a completely different situation.

Yes, the chips and promos are all the same....this promo will have 4 expiration dates on the bags. The "waves" are just the stock periods that this promo will be on the shelves....for Frito Lays purposes. Waves=2 week time period, i believe. I too feel that they should be mailed in ASAP...for best chance at getting first choice!

Quote: henryszuch

Just to let ppl no that you got them. Maybe to show that they are arriving or to show your happy.

That tally is a pain in the you know what...and some people enjoy it. Why does there have to be a "point" to everything?? It is interesting to see how many prizes were "earned" by forum members...or people that otherwise may not have known about the promotion. If you aren't interested, don't look at it.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:42 18/07/2012 by Postalgoddess
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1268 Posted: 02:32:04 18/07/2012
My Walmart has the display of the schoolbus. There are kids and some skylanders on the bus.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1269 Posted: 03:02:46 18/07/2012
Terrabite card pic posted on Skylandersgame facebook

[User Posted Image]
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#1270 Posted: 03:43:33 18/07/2012
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
My Walmart has the display of the schoolbus. There are kids and some skylanders on the bus.

Be sure to ask the store manager if you can have the display when the promo is over. Usually if you ask nicely they'll at least tag a display piece with your name and number. I've had 50/50 luck getting stuff that way.
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
#1271 Posted: 14:45:20 18/07/2012
I'm gonna get another bag tomarrow at my fresh and easy.
My friend offered to take the rest of the chips from the third bag (mostly Cheetos and cool ranch doritos) on a field trip.
I'll mail out the last two,forms on Friday.
Then it's a waiting game.
#1272 Posted: 16:13:45 18/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Fuzzy Stump Smash mother-load delivered to my moms house today!!! She called customer service several times, as she documented her prize wins and dates. She still has yet to get her randoms...not that anyone would want a million wrecking balls or boomers!
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1273 Posted: 17:32:31 18/07/2012
When Do SideKicks Come Anyone.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#1274 Posted: 20:33:37 18/07/2012
No sign of remaining "randoms" and Fuzzy Stumpies but, my wife mailed off all 4 forms on Monday.
More info as available.
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
#1275 Posted: 20:53:35 18/07/2012
Quote: matthewgerber
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Be sure to ask the store manager if you can have the display when the promo is over. Usually if you ask nicely they'll at least tag a display piece with your name and number. I've had 50/50 luck getting stuff that way.

The problem is, I can rarely find the manager. When I do, he is busy with helping workers restock. Though I dont know what he will say to a 13 year old xD
---
words. letters. filler.
#1276 Posted: 20:54:29 18/07/2012
Quote: Sleepy0429
When Do SideKicks Come Anyone.

8-10 weeks. So by September-October, and at the lastest, November
---
words. letters. filler.
#1277 Posted: 21:15:13 18/07/2012
Got the 4th and final bag today.
#1278 Posted: 23:52:48 18/07/2012

what? they are giving out any random figure? not just boomers and wrecking balls?
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1279 Posted: 23:56:25 18/07/2012

what? they are giving out any random figure? not just boomers and wrecking balls?

Anyone can stick the "Winner" paper with any figure to make it look like that was the prize. No one in this thread has done it, but I'm just saying it's something that can easily be done.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#1280 Posted: 23:58:56 18/07/2012

Anyone can stick the "Winner" paper with any figure to make it look like that was the prize. No one in this thread has done it, but I'm just saying it's something that can easily be done.

good point... god i feel so stupid now.
---
herg62123 Green Sparx Gems: 232
#1281 Posted: 18:19:49 19/07/2012

Don't feel bad.

From earlier comments (I can not find the comment right now) someone called the random figure phone number and was told there is only 4 random figures offered and we already know wrecking ball and boomer is 2 of the 4 figures offered.

I am a virus remover by trade and this is a good example of Social engineering ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S..._%28security%29 ).

In this case they are hoping bidders will fight over this auction and the person who placed the auction will get the most money out of the sale by tricking the bidders.
---
I am missing smilie, & smilie TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1282 Posted: 18:27:07 19/07/2012
Yes! Just got a voicemail from my grandparents saying that they got a Flocked smilie !! Also, I have ANOTHER one coming, along with a random figure...
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1283 Posted: 18:31:49 19/07/2012
Quote: herg62123

Don't feel bad.

From earlier comments (I can not find the comment right now) someone called the random figure phone number and was told there is only 4 random figures offered and we already know wrecking ball and boomer is 2 of the 4 figures offered.

I am a virus remover by trade and this is a good example of Social engineering ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S..._%28security%29 ).

In this case they are hoping bidders will fight over this auction and the person who placed the auction will get the most money out of the sale by tricking the bidders.

Don't worry, you aren't stupid, the guy just called and won a few random figures (probably smilie or smilie ), took the note that came with them, and put it on an auction on eBay claming that it was real...

Actually very simple...
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1284 Posted: 20:17:42 19/07/2012
that's the reason i feel dumb, i didnt see such an obvious trick. anyway, there are 4 random figures offered?
---
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#1285 Posted: 22:50:01 19/07/2012
@SparCrux1101: There has only ever been confirmation of Boomer and Wrecking Ball as random prizes to recipients. I think some operators may have confused the last promotion with the current promotion (Sidekicks).
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#1286 Posted: 00:04:56 20/07/2012
They should make a promotion with Skylanders and Pringles for Giants.
I
love
Pringles
bonziebonzie Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#1287 Posted: 01:38:29 20/07/2012
Went to Walmart today and they had the schoolbus display.
---
My first Spyro game was Spyro Orange so make that what you will.
#1288 Posted: 22:12:54 20/07/2012
why dont they EVER do a promo. with healthy stuff?
*in other news, today a 400lb 13 year old was found dead holding a miniature of the ever so popular game skylanders.*
some thing like that^^ could turn into:
* today, an under-weight kid playing the wii almost fainted." thats a lot better...
---
#1289 Posted: 22:28:24 20/07/2012
I saw another kid that was really fat and forced the walmart employees to bring out new skylanders! He ran to the video game aisle and pushed me when I was looking at the display! I was ready to freak out on him! He was like "They HAVE NO WHAMSHELL!!!!" And was to the Employees "CAN YOU BRING OUT MORE SKYLANDERS!!!!!!" They kept saying no till his dad came and demanded then :l
---
words. letters. filler.
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#1290 Posted: 23:24:28 20/07/2012
^ Is that for real? If it is, that's got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard!
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
herg62123 Green Sparx Gems: 232
#1291 Posted: 00:18:03 21/07/2012
That is funny cause I went to Wal-Mart for some ink for my printer and while I was there I found Wham Shell. The only one there and it was one of the three I needed for my collection. So (not telling my wife) I bought it.
---
I am missing smilie, & smilie TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION.
MermaidKelly Green Sparx Gems: 444
#1292 Posted: 04:27:47 21/07/2012
I finally found bags! I bought three today....but thinking I'm going back tomorrow for the fourth bag. I want to mail them out first thing Monday...I really hope I'm not too late! I see most of you have mailed them already!
---
smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1293 Posted: 04:33:15 21/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: MermaidKelly
I finally found bags! I bought three today....but thinking I'm going back tomorrow for the fourth bag. I want to mail them out first thing Monday...I really hope I'm not too late! I see most of you have mailed them already!

I wouldn't worry about it. The promo has a ways to go, and it sounds as if many members are more than willing to trade, if they get doubles. I bought two more bags today, as the kids will now be packing lunches for summer camp. Those will last me a month, lol.
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#1294 Posted: 04:36:38 21/07/2012
so nobody has gotten any more skylanders from the previous promo? has anyone gotten any sidekicks yet?
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
MermaidKelly Green Sparx Gems: 444
#1295 Posted: 04:58:55 21/07/2012
Thanks Postalgoddess! smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1296 Posted: 10:03:42 21/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: exosquad
so nobody has gotten any more skylanders from the previous promo? has anyone gotten any sidekicks yet?

My mom got a bunch on Wednesday, but she made a phone call to FL customer service asking where all her prizes were. There is def. something wrong!!! I spoke with JAMES...at FL CS, he is supposedly in charge of promotions. He is looking into my wins, as I have 6 confirmation emails from online wins, and won MANY times over the phone. My kids' father called using his number and has not rec'd ONE prize...they would not look up his "info", I was told he'd have to call...yeah right, not gonna happen. I asked if there was any info on sidekicks, he didn't seem to know much..but he did ask if I sent my forms in yet...and said it was ok for them to be in the same envelope...I trust nobody there.
---
sekretskwerl Green Sparx Gems: 196
#1297 Posted: 15:04:06 21/07/2012
Again here's the video of the sidekicks
First | Previous | Page 26 of 35 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33 34 35

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me