Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Most powerful Spyro? [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#1 Posted: 22:25:24 06/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Not the ugliest or best-looking Spyro, the one most powerful.

I vote for Dawn Of The Dragon Spyro, his flame breath alone would have qualified him for the WW2 US Army. smilie
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:25:51 06/07/2012 by Archae
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 22:37:31 06/07/2012
Is there really such thing as a powerful Spyro?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#3 Posted: 22:47:34 06/07/2012
Not sure, it's a hard one, because the Legend of Spyro has many abilities that can be improved upon, yet the Classic Spyro can have extra power-ups to use, I'm not sure.

I've given it some more thought, and I'm going with the Spyro from Dawn of the Dragon, just because you can upgrade his elements, and they do look very fierce. The only downfall is that he can't charge, silly little Goonro.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:19 06/07/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 22:50:10 06/07/2012
I vote for Dante from Devil May Cry. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 22:51:55 06/07/2012
Quote: HIR
I vote for Dante from Devil May Cry. <.<

Is Dante Spyro? That's news to my ears.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#6 Posted: 22:55:03 06/07/2012
LoS Spyro, no contest.
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#7 Posted: 23:21:55 06/07/2012
I say Dark Spyro from The Eternal Night.
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#8 Posted: 00:28:32 07/07/2012
Classic Spyro.
One hit attacks. ;D

Eh. I guess TLoS/DotD Spyro might be the most "powerful". But don't you usually need something to charge up attacks? Crystals, I believe? Or was that just for health? /forgets

Usually battle tactics and how quickly you can recover is also important with power.
At least in my opinion.

If not; i'll go for the Dante from Devil May Cry option. GO, DANTE, GO.
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#9 Posted: 06:02:11 07/07/2012
DotD Spyro, unles we're counting Dark Spyro. Well then we know who wins smilie
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
#10 Posted: 14:20:20 07/07/2012
Quote: Hyena
Classic Spyro.
One hit attacks. smilie

Eh. I guess TLoS/DotD Spyro might be the most "powerful". But don't you usually need something to charge up attacks? Crystals, I believe? Or was that just for health? /forgets

Usually battle tactics and how quickly you can recover is also important with power.
At least in my opinion.

True, the Spyro in the Legend series has to attack multiple times for the enemies to finally die, and he seems to get stunned so easily and for a longer period of time than the classic Spyro, so maybe in the Legend series, that Spyro may look very powerful to the eye, but in reality isn't, and the classic Spyro to the eye, may not seem so powerful, but in reality, is. I don't know?
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#11 Posted: 16:56:51 07/07/2012
definitely insomniac spyro. one flame or one hit is all it takes for him to knock out a foe. he also uses his wits and makes a lot of friends to help him if the chips are down, so he's got a powerful mind, too. and he never runs out of fire or magic.
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#12 Posted: 17:15:37 07/07/2012
Quote: Aura24
Is there really such thing as a powerful Spyro?

[User Posted Image]

Like it's been said, close call between the multiple powers in LoS and the one-hit kills with classic Spyro. Skylanders Spyro, in my opinion, is weaker than LoS version.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:22 07/07/2012 by Winston1
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6766
#13 Posted: 18:00:06 07/07/2012
Vote for Spyro, the games of Tlos.
Because Spyro is almost an adult dragon dominates well all their elemental powers.
Classic Spyro not, because there is still a dragon boy. And his powers are not powerful. You can see in games, but if they were real, would not be very powerful.
Spyro Skylander not, because it is from another universe, and capabilities of powers got out and were replaced by other new powers, which are not very powerful.
#14 Posted: 01:36:30 08/07/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Classic Spyro.
One hit attacks. ;D

At least in my opinion.

True, the Spyro in the Legend series has to attack multiple times for the enemies to finally die, and he seems to get stunned so easily and for a longer period of time than the classic Spyro, so maybe in the Legend series, that Spyro may look very powerful to the eye, but in reality isn't, and the classic Spyro to the eye, may not seem so powerful, but in reality, is. I don't know?

Basically how I see the situation. Classic Spyro forevah bby~
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5174
#15 Posted: 01:52:44 08/07/2012
Classic.

LoS Spyro only saved the world once. Classic did a lot.
---
self professed austGAYlian
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#16 Posted: 02:30:46 08/07/2012
Classic Spyro.
One hit attacks. smilie

At least in my opinion.

bold = this

and we're talking about spyro

not the guy who one of my best friends is obsessed with :U
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#17 Posted: 04:48:14 08/07/2012
Classic Spyro!!! He can beat every enemy with his horns (Charge) and his Fre Breath (Including Power-Ups too) =)
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#18 Posted: 06:40:43 08/07/2012
Legend Spyro seems to have a knack for commiting genocide on dark creatures and extensive combat knowledge
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#19 Posted: 09:01:02 08/07/2012
Classic Spyro - One-hit kills with Flame and Charge, has supercharge, superfly, invincibility, Fire, Ice, Electricity, Water, Bubble, Horn Dive, spits projectiles (rocks, missiles..), swims, Wing Shield, Dragon Kata (from Spyro: Shadow Legacy), Magic, Headbash, and can climb.

Legend Spyro - Fire, Earth, Ice, Electricity, Convexity, Melee attacks, (formerly) controlled time.

Skylanders Spyro - Prefers to breathe the element of Fire, and has Horn Charge.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#20 Posted: 10:05:36 08/07/2012
^ great summary of all the spyros! :3
I personally think it's a tie with classic spyro (like others have said, he kills enemies with one hit) and Dotd spyro (because he is big smilie)
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#21 Posted: 12:40:27 08/07/2012
Gameplay wise- Classic
Lore wise- Legend
#22 Posted: 16:27:50 09/07/2012
Well I suppose classic Spyro has saved the dragon lands so many times in multiple games whereas the Legend Spyro has only saved the land once within three games. smilie
#23 Posted: 17:18:53 09/07/2012
I change my vote to more specificlly dark spyro from TEN.
#24 Posted: 18:11:29 09/07/2012
Well I suppose classic Spyro has saved the dragon lands so many times in multiple games whereas the Legend Spyro has only saved the land once within three games. XD

to make it even less impressive, legend spyro didn't even really save the land. the world was ripped apart and is now just a bunch of floating bits in space being held together by a fragile shield of magic. faun doesn't even like to think of how many creatures must have died in the last game, especially when the world's entire population is so small already and almost entirely composed of males in every species.
#25 Posted: 18:16:22 09/07/2012
Okay, not trying to fight, but how is classic Spyro stronger than Legend Spyro. I smell bias.
#26 Posted: 21:13:22 09/07/2012
Quote: spyro and sonic
Okay, not trying to fight, but how is classic Spyro stronger than Legend Spyro. I smell bias.

Have these opinions offended you? smilie
#27 Posted: 21:41:17 09/07/2012

Have these opinions offended you? smilie

Not really, but I just find it odd how he can be thought of as stronger.
#28 Posted: 22:20:18 09/07/2012
it would help answer your question if you looked at all the answers and reasons people have given, which are valid, instead of just ignoring them.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#29 Posted: 22:34:27 09/07/2012
Quote: faunatic
Well I suppose classic Spyro has saved the dragon lands so many times in multiple games whereas the Legend Spyro has only saved the land once within three games. smilie

to make it even less impressive, legend spyro didn't even really save the land. the world was ripped apart and is now just a bunch of floating bits in space being held together by a fragile shield of magic. faun doesn't even like to think of how many creatures must have died in the last game, especially when the world's entire population is so small already and almost entirely composed of males in every species.

^ all of these. I still think of him in this game as pretty strong, but he didn't exactly even defeat maleforby himself. (no offence to anyone)
#30 Posted: 22:38:32 09/07/2012
I agree with Faunatic.
I like how you ask that question when some of us already gave out reasons on why we think Classic Spyro is better.

And bias? No. I do believe classic Spyro is better than TLoS Spyro. Not because of the childhood nostalgia.
Why do people seriously conclude Classic Spyro lovers not preferring TLoS to be biased in these situations. ESPECIALLY when some of us use are own bits of knowledge and "logic"(not sure if logic would be a proper word for a video game) than jumping the gun.

I actually did ask about the whole TLoS Spyro needing crystals to charge his attacks but I never got my question answered. Not like it matter; I'll still pick classic for the one hit deal.

And...

Quote: faunatic

Someone give this person an award.
#31 Posted: 22:42:59 09/07/2012
You seriously think I didn't read those, wow. I'll be leaving this topic since I can't express my opinion without people getting after me for it, jeez.
#32 Posted: 22:49:53 09/07/2012
You seriously think I didn't read those, wow. I'll be leaving this topic since I can't express my opinion without people getting after me for it, jeez.

No one's getting after you. Calm down.
Try being more specific. All you did was ask "how can he be stronger". Then some of us already had reasons stated.
Instead of asking the question you could have questioned the reasons. Possibly getting some answers if you asked nicely. This is just a discussion of opinions after all.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#33 Posted: 23:48:36 09/07/2012
If you subscribe to the whole "infinite universe" theory, then somewhere out there these three Spyros ARE actually fighting to see which one's the most powerful.

Any how, if we take the logic of the games at face value (dangerous concept, I know), then my money's on it coming out a draw. While they each have unique movesets they all have major flaws that counterbalance their strengths. Old Spyro requires either Fairy Spells or magical gates to use a variety of his powers (including flight) and his breaths have by far the shortest range; also, without his Sparx if he was so much as pricked by a needle he would die. LoS Spyro seems to have a vast array of moves and has free flight now but suffers from a severe case of "nice guy" syndrome and there's that whole "Dark Spyro" issue AND his emotions generally can get in the way anyway AND he doesn't really tend to act on his own anyway (he always seems to be following SOMEONE in the games, and he'd be lost by himself). Skylanders Spyro can fly as well, but only at a certain height and not particularly fast. If any of them were to lose, it'd probably be this one. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#34 Posted: 01:20:42 10/07/2012
Classic Spyro.

'Nuff said.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#35 Posted: 01:25:20 10/07/2012
Permanent Superflame in Spyro 2

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:15 10/07/2012 by Nibelilt
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#36 Posted: 03:56:14 10/07/2012
^ I'd think this as well
---
but i love it all smooth
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#37 Posted: 10:45:42 21/07/2012
Classic Spyro because:

• His fire breath is unlimited. Legend Spyro needs crystals in order to use his powers. Skyro also has unlimited fire breath.
  • Classic Spyro's fire breath is stronger than Skyro's and legend Spyro's because he can take out an enemy with just one use of his fire.
  • It takes Skyro and legend Spyro much longer to kill an enemy, while classic Spyro can kill all his enemies with one or two simple attacks.
  • Classic Spyro has been on more adventures than the other two and has saved the day more than once. The other two have only save the day once. Therefore, classic Spyro has the most experience.
  • Classic Spyro can control many different vehicle. Skyro can control vehicles as well, while TLOS can't and probably doesn't even know what a vehicle is. This is a major downfall for legend Spyro because the other two can use machines to their advantage.
  • Classic Spyro can use power-ups.
  • Classic Spyro had support from others when he fought some villains (Ripto and all villains in YotD). But they only supplied life and stuff he could use to attack the enemy with. He did most of the fighting on his own. Legend Spyro, however, had major help from Cynder when he fought Malefor and had this weird power sucked into him that helped him defeat Gaul. Legend Spyro had a lot more help with his major enemies than Classic Spyro. Legend Spyro in DotD had help from Cynder throughout the entire game. Classic Spyro only ever had Sparx as a companion, and Sparx only made it easier to collect treasure.
  • Classic Spyro knows more about killing villains than just bashing them up, while legend Spyro only knows of dodging attacks and beating the enemy to a pulp. Classic Spyro knows how to properly use other things to do the job for him, while legend Spyro wouldn't know how to do this due to his inexperience in using things that aren't his own powers.

i could go on all day
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:56:39 21/07/2012 by DarkCynder_543
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#38 Posted: 11:00:48 21/07/2012
Strongest? Probably TLoS Spyro smilie
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
drako1998 Green Sparx Gems: 326
#39 Posted: 15:34:59 21/07/2012
tlos spyro, has the most powerful attacks by far, classic spyro proberbly does one hit kill because the enemies are weaker
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#40 Posted: 19:44:56 21/07/2012
Quote: DarkCynder_543
snip

All this makes sense too, especially the second to last reason.
---
but i love it all smooth
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#41 Posted: 07:12:48 22/07/2012
Skylanders Spyro. Unlimited, relatively long range, 180° fire breath, charged charge, potential to tap into his dark side without restriction (gameplay balance reasons aside....)....
---
Keep smile
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#42 Posted: 22:45:45 23/07/2012
Legend Spyro.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me