Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 17 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#801 Posted: 01:13:41 02/07/2012
I am kinda mad at you. You have 5-8 of each skylander, its not scalping but still. Most people dont have what you have.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#802 Posted: 04:59:11 02/07/2012
Your collection is outstanding, even if it's got some merchandise gaps. Out of curiosity, why aren't you collecting sealed copies of the games? I kinda look up to it even if it gets annoying reading about it. smilie Amazing... You were so lucky to get everything mint.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#803 Posted: 05:15:29 02/07/2012
indeed lego batman 2 is the best in the lego series my only complaint with the game is the flying controls while in gothem

I agree. I now can't wait for Lego LOTR, given the open world feel. For the record, I really like how Black Manta uses a fish to fight.

Back to SL, I also foresee a green translucent variant on the horizon.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#804 Posted: 05:56:56 02/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Your collection is outstanding, even if it's got some merchandise gaps. Out of curiosity, why aren't you collecting sealed copies of the games? I kinda look up to it even if it gets annoying reading about it. smilie Amazing... You were so lucky to get everything mint.

Actually, if you look at the second to last picture on the first post, you can see a sealed Wii copy (with Volcanic Vault) as well as an open one. You will also see a sealed copy of the 3DS game as well.

So I have a sealed console version and a sealed handheld version, on top of 2 opened 3DS, opened Wii, 360, PS3, and PC.

There is still physical merch I do lack and have an eye on. I've been meaning to get the latest Power A carrying case, as well as their old piece of crap one. I have all of the books on preorder.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#805 Posted: 10:47:37 02/07/2012
Are you gonna get the rest, OOC? And I'd love to help you out with some merchandise but I'd never be able to ship it over anyway smilie . We have tons of the new Power A Case, sealed towers, lunch boxes and the lot here...
#806 Posted: 21:06:18 02/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Lunch boxes, eh?

This all reminds me of this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feature=related
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:08 02/07/2012 by GameMaster78
Tempest Yellow Sparx Gems: 1807
#807 Posted: 23:38:46 02/07/2012
Are you going to get the Sidekicks?
#808 Posted: 01:22:34 03/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah. I have my cards filled out and ready to mail in. I am just waiting for the customer service number to be activated, as I have a couple of questions for them, before I mail them out.
---
Tempest Yellow Sparx Gems: 1807
#809 Posted: 03:59:17 03/07/2012
Cool!
While I'm here, let me say that I'm a huge fan of your collection. I saw your pics online, and then I decided to give Skylanders a try. So in a way, thanks! I'm still young, so I can't exactly collect like you yet, but it's where I'm headed!
toaks Blue Sparx Gems: 788
#810 Posted: 01:53:49 04/07/2012
Wow.......that is an amazing collection!!
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#811 Posted: 22:41:33 04/07/2012
All stores by me like Safeway, Frys (Kroger owned), Albertsons, Walmart, have them. I surprisingly saw the same man each store restocking xD He said the sidekicks are in quantitys of 3,000 per character. So We should probably get out number 1. He also said that the customer service number will open July 9th. And that they will either ship in a small box or a bubble envelope with a congratulatory card.
---
words. letters. filler.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#812 Posted: 02:05:30 05/07/2012
Sigh... I'll never get one then...
veganpunk Green Sparx Gems: 324
#813 Posted: 15:37:29 05/07/2012
New poster, long time lurker, just wanted to say congrats on that collection. It's pretty awesome.
#814 Posted: 16:59:27 05/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tempest
Cool!
While I'm here, let me say that I'm a huge fan of your collection. I saw your pics online, and then I decided to give Skylanders a try. So in a way, thanks! I'm still young, so I can't exactly collect like you yet, but it's where I'm headed!

Thanks. Glad I was able to help you see how awesome this game is. Hope you're enjoying it. It's understandable about the age. I have said this many times, and I truly mean it. Everyone who owns at least 1 Skylander - and the game - has just as good as collection as anyone else who owns Skylanders products.

Quote: toaks
Wow.......that is an amazing collection!!

Thanks.

Quote: veganpunk
New poster, long time lurker, just wanted to say congrats on that collection. It's pretty awesome.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the compliments.

I just wanted to update you guys on where I stand right now. I was thinking of keeping the entire bag the mini-bags of chips came in. I decided against it, but had just as good of an idea. I cut out a section of said bag, and will re-arrange my room to fit it, the Sidekicks fillout card, 4 open Sidekicks, and 4 sealed Sidekicks, where the Flocked Stump Smash currently is.

I am running out of room, so I am hoping to God they chill with the variants, minus a green seethrough Whirlwind maybe, so I can have one wall dedicated to SSA. I will be removing my exclusive Whirlwind and Drill Sergeants, putting them back into a dark closet, so Flocked Stump can go where they currently hang, so I can make room for the Sidekicks.

Looks like I get a break for the time being.
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#815 Posted: 17:08:54 05/07/2012
^ so have you had the discussion with your girlfriend/fiance about the relocation of the shrine to the passion cave yet smilie
#816 Posted: 18:33:30 05/07/2012 | Topic Creator
She was the one who said I could go for it.

My master bedroom, has a teal colored wall. I will have to repaint it blue. I also need dark curtains in there. Not only because any exposure to the sun, causes toys and packaging to fade, but also because I have kids and neighbors who just like to look into windows.

Plus, my youngest daughter sleeps in a baby bed in that room. I have to wait until she's old enough to sleep in the room my son and daughter sleep in (bunk bed), before I can do any of this, because that bed will have to go, and be replaced by a new computer desk that will between the wall and the bed.

So, it's still a ways out. Of course, I could fix the whole issue, by just selling a screenplay. I've been hard at work on my scripts again, after a short period of not writing. Then I can just build the house I've always wanted.
---
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#817 Posted: 23:21:16 05/07/2012
very nice collection, just a couple questions. why? simply why, do you have multiple sets of the same figures? over-all how much did this cost you, and what is your occupation-if you dont mind me questioning. i mean, a room like that could make any fan faint, but isnt a complete set with one volcanic vault enough? or...
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#818 Posted: 23:31:40 05/07/2012
Seriously. Is it necessary for you to have this many skylanders? You seem a bit, no a lot, too obsessed
#819 Posted: 01:27:35 06/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SparCrux1101
very nice collection, just a couple questions. why? simply why, do you have multiple sets of the same figures? over-all how much did this cost you, and what is your occupation-if you dont mind me questioning. i mean, a room like that could make any fan faint, but isnt a complete set with one volcanic vault enough? or...

3 sets for me (other 2 sets are for son and daughter)

1: sealed
2: opened - upgrade path A
3: opened - upgrade path B

I run my parents' business. However, that's also so I can write my screenplays, send them out, and land a sale.

Quote: spyro and sonic
Seriously. Is it necessary for you to have this many skylanders? You seem a bit, no a lot, too obsessed

I do for the reasons stated above. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:33:53 06/07/2012 by GameMaster78
#820 Posted: 01:55:39 06/07/2012
The WERDS comes with the Wal-Mart stamp on it so is the Exclusive Drill Sergeant really nessicary anymore? I was actually thinking of getting rid of the one I got for $25 last month and get a WERDS for the same price. :/
#821 Posted: 03:34:30 06/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, still going to keep mine. They're still part of the Skylanders timeline. Not needed to get 100% of the collection, but still cool to have for the history of Skylanders.
---
#822 Posted: 06:38:45 06/07/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Yeah, still going to keep mine. They're still part of the Skylanders timeline. Not needed to get 100% of the collection, but still cool to have for the history of Skylanders.

personally, i find it rude to question the acts of others, but this left me appalled-in a good way, i guess... but dont you think the third set (display) is rather unnecessary? you can easily display set A. and how do you tell the difference from the 5/7 sets?
---
veganpunk Green Sparx Gems: 324
#823 Posted: 09:17:40 06/07/2012
TC, what are you going to do when Giants comes out? Not sure if you answered this already, didn't read the whole thread, but I noticed you mentioned running out of space.
#824 Posted: 15:22:40 06/07/2012 | Topic Creator

personally, i find it rude to question the acts of others, but this left me appalled-in a good way, i guess... but dont you think the third set (display) is rather unnecessary? you can easily display set A. and how do you tell the difference from the 5/7 sets?

I display two sets. The third (opened - Path smilie sits in my closet. The way I tell what's what of my collection - and we will use Drill Sergeant as an example - is -

Drill Sergeant (Walmart exclusive first release): Never used him in game - has only at Walmart sticker
Drill Sergeant (Walmart exclusive first release): Opened - Path A: Can tell it's Path A, because all Path A Skylanders are displayed. I can also tell it's a former Walmart exclusive first release, due to glossy black gear base and darker red color of Drill Sergeant.
Drill Sergeant (Walmart exclusive ruby/red): Never used him in game - has only at Walmart sticker
Drill Sergeant (Walmart exclusive ruby/red): Opened, but only for display
Drill Sergeant (Mass release): Sealed display. Never used in game. I can tell it's a mass release version, due to the tech base being the same as other Tech Skylanders.
Drill Sergeant (Mass release): Opened - Path B: Can tell it's Path B, because all Path B Skylanders are in the same case together, in my closet. I can tell it's a mass release version, due to the tech base being the same as other Tech Skylanders.
Drill Sergeant (Triple Pack): Sealed display. Never used in game.

However, for my two open sets - each being Path A or B upgrade paths - I can tell them a part, due to Path A Skylanders being on my custom built shelf, while Path B Skylanders sit in my closet.

You just gave me an idea, though. I totally wished Toys For Bob would make an additional two stickers on the characters' included sticker sheet. What could this sticker be? It could be the same rounded sticker like the one that bears their names. However, the new stickers could say their upgrade paths. For example, Camo. His sticker sheet could have the Skylanders logo, character picture, name, Vine Virtuoso sticker, and Melon Master sticker. That would be totally cool. It would definately make me find a way to display both sets of characters.

Quote: veganpunk
TC, what are you going to do when Giants comes out? Not sure if you answered this already, didn't read the whole thread, but I noticed you mentioned running out of space.

I did mention running out of space. However, I mean it in a different way. I am trying to keep all Spyro's Adventure merch contained to one wall. Since Giants doesn't have as much releasing for Giants, as they did Spyro's Adventure, I can place that on the first half of another wall. The half of the wall I mention, was originally used in displaying my collection, before I put it all on the same wall. However, if I must, I will give one more wall to Skylanders, with Giants merch, depending on if I need the room.

When a third game comes out (not if), then that stuff will just sit in a newly bought 20 gallon bucket, to await the time I build a huge house, where I can build the biggest game room ever (or those who design the blueprint to the house I want built).
---
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#825 Posted: 21:52:31 06/07/2012
how much $
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
#826 Posted: 22:13:30 06/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Actually, a lot of it was bought during buy 1 get 1 free or half off sales. Wave 3, 4, and 5, is what I spent money on during non-sales. Variants are what costed me the most.

I would guess I've spent over 3 grand, but that may be going a bit too far.
---
#827 Posted: 22:21:14 06/07/2012
wait do you have the sidekicks of flocked stump smash (or waiting)
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
#828 Posted: 22:33:04 06/07/2012
Actually, a lot of it was bought during buy 1 get 1 free or half off sales. Wave 3, 4, and 5, is what I spent money on during non-sales. Variants are what costed me the most.

thanks for the info, very surprised (i thought I was a huge fan). ps, i replied to this as the other took too much space.
---
#829 Posted: 00:05:00 07/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrodadragon
wait do you have the sidekicks of flocked stump smash (or waiting)

Mailed off for my Sidekicks today. I have 2 Flocked Stump Smash. One of them I will have to sell on Ebay to put toward a car I just bought (2001 Pontiac Firebird).

thanks for the info, very surprised (i thought I was a huge fan). ps, i replied to this as the other took too much space.

No problem. smilie
---
#830 Posted: 01:01:31 07/07/2012
Trust me, for Giants, Acti will make even more variants than before. I bet you they would've been made from launch but they were testing out the success of it first smilie
Sircopycat Blue Sparx Gems: 962
#831 Posted: 02:37:08 07/07/2012
That's a damned fine collection sir, I applaud it.

Mine is coming along slowly, doubt it'll ever get as huge as yours, but I want to collect at least all the normal figures, just a shame we can't get the exclusives over in Australia like the Sidekicks without paying a big amount on ebay.

Activision should send you a 1 of a kind custom skylander figure.
#832 Posted: 03:06:40 07/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nibelilt
Trust me, for Giants, Acti will make even more variants than before. I bet you they would've been made from launch but they were testing out the success of it first smilie

Very true. Once they saw they had a hit on their hands, they sure made sure to throw a variant in every wave except the 4th wave.

Quote: Sircopycat
That's a damned fine collection sir, I applaud it.

Mine is coming along slowly, doubt it'll ever get as huge as yours, but I want to collect at least all the normal figures, just a shame we can't get the exclusives over in Australia like the Sidekicks without paying a big amount on ebay.

Activision should send you a 1 of a kind custom skylander figure.

Thanks. Don't say yours won't get up there. Anyone who collects things will amass a huge collection if they never get rid of what they've bought. Keep at it. I'm sure your collection already kicks ***.

As for your last comment, that would be awesome. Chance favors the prepared mind. smilie
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5470
#833 Posted: 09:02:36 08/07/2012
wow, game master, this is like one of the best skylanders collection I've ever seen, it's what inspired me with my skylanders collection!
A while back, I saw this thread when you just made it, and now look at it! it's awesome! I think I'm going a bit crazy witth mine though, they did a promotion where they had a dotd spyro on a paddle pop, and I kept a couple and kept the box because it had a picture of skylanders smilie
I have no where near as many figures as you, just to say smilie
Ace Archdragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2045
#834 Posted: 11:27:40 08/07/2012
No offence, but I think you are just being an obsessive show-off.
#835 Posted: 12:47:55 08/07/2012
^some people have collections have 1001 pokemon cards exactly and he has a wall of skylanders it's not as bad as the person that has every little bit of pokemon merchindise
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#836 Posted: 14:31:22 08/07/2012
@GameMaster78

some people are mad at you... just saying.
#837 Posted: 15:20:15 08/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: crystalhero37
wow, game master, this is like one of the best skylanders collection I've ever seen, it's what inspired me with my skylanders collection!
A while back, I saw this thread when you just made it, and now look at it! it's awesome! I think I'm going a bit crazy witth mine though, they did a promotion where they had a dotd spyro on a paddle pop, and I kept a couple and kept the box because it had a picture of skylanders smilie
I have no where near as many figures as you, just to say smilie

Nothing wrong with going crazy over something. smilie We will all be dead one day. Buried in a box, never to see the light of day again. We only live once, so do whatever feels good. smilie Crazy and fun is better than dull and boring.

Quote: Nibelilt
@GameMaster78 If you're still selling the Flocked Stump Smash, can I please request it? smilie

I may, but may have to sell it for what it goes for on Ebay. I bought a 2001 Firebird the other day, and while payments are cheap and I don't owe so much on it, any little bit helps. The sooner I pay it off, the better.

Quote: kappapopm
@GameMaster78

some people are mad at you... just saying.

My retort to this, is that this isn't my problem. People can get mad over whatever they want. That doesn't mean their reason for being mad, holds any merit, when the world faces bigger issues than the issues people create against others on this website.
---
#838 Posted: 15:49:25 08/07/2012
I guess I coul part with $100-$150AU plus shipping if that sounds reasonable to you. Um, not to be cheap or anything. smilie Sigh... Activision is truly ridiculous not releasing variants at all here...
#839 Posted: 15:55:40 08/07/2012
@@GameMaster78

i just have to say it... i like to watch your collection grow, its great to look at and see all the different versions of skylanders. i hope you will do the same with giants...
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#840 Posted: 16:57:59 08/07/2012
Just wondering, are you buying 3 of each character for Giants?
---
Bring the Fanta
#841 Posted: 17:13:06 08/07/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

maybe he will, he is the "GameMaster" after all...
#842 Posted: 20:21:12 08/07/2012
Quote: kappapopm
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

maybe he will, he is the "GameMaster" after all...

he deserves that title
---
FFM1994 Blue Sparx Gems: 772
#843 Posted: 20:46:25 08/07/2012
Actually, He's GameMaster #78
---
List of all figures & much much more: http://skylandersspyrosadventu...ll-figures.html
3DS Friend Code: 1977-0335-5200
#844 Posted: 21:05:15 08/07/2012
that's probaly his birth year
---
#845 Posted: 21:11:59 08/07/2012
Possibly. Either way, I was making a joke. Anyone can make their username GameMaster and add a number. Even though I do agree that his collection is amazing, and I wish I was the owner of it, I must say he is probably crazy rich to have so much extra money to spend on all that stuff. Either that or he's just crazy. But don't think I'm bashing him, I'm not. I just thought it was a silly joke for kappaapopm to make in the first place because buying 3 of each figure surely does not make you a game master. A toy collecting master, maybe. But not the GameMaster.
---
List of all figures & much much more: http://skylandersspyrosadventu...ll-figures.html
#846 Posted: 21:14:43 08/07/2012
well he does have atleast 74 fully upgraded skylanders
---
#847 Posted: 21:17:17 08/07/2012
Yeah, that's cool. I'm glad for him, I like him. I just thought the joke was corny.
---
#848 Posted: 21:33:15 08/07/2012
Also, he should get this shirt: http://skylandersspyrosadventu...gamemaster.html
---
First | Previous | Page 17 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me