darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here!
First | Previous | Page 22 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here! [CLOSED]
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#1051 Posted: 14:57:44 27/06/2012
Quote: faunatic
wait... where is this notion that they will stop making series one skylanders coming from? activision confirmed officially that they will continue making series one (given the cost to create the molds for each toy, that's not surprising). the only statement faun sees about discontinuing it looks like just one person who leapt to a strange conclusion based on...nothing faun can see from any official source. did faun miss something?

Where did you get this info faun? You do make a good point, but series 2 is playable on SSA so Making series one would be useless unless activison sees a still good product sell in series 1 which is highly unlikely. Giants would have then bringing the most money so Series 1 figures will be thrown out the door.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#1052 Posted: 16:48:54 27/06/2012
Quote:
• This article also mentions Voodood as a remodel - if there's going to be a Spyro remodel, it looks like Wrecking Ball won't be getting a remodel

Even though I think a Spyro remodle would be good. BOO SPYRO! WRECKING BALL MUST GET A REMODEL!

I'm sorry Spyro, but there are just too many of you already.
---
Bring the Fanta
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1053 Posted: 19:58:26 27/06/2012
A new Q&A interview: http://www.xxlgaming.com/newspage.asp?which=1934 Alex Ness also reveals how Kaos got back to Skylands.

Kaos returned to Skylands using a Portal of Power used in a toy store display. "And when he does return, he lands in a very ancient part of the world and discovers the remnants of a civilization that ruled Skylands over 10,000 years ago. A race of magical and technological beings called the Arkeyans. Kaos is able to activate one of their robots and quickly learns that if he can acquire something known as the "Iron Fist of Arkus", he can not only reactivate the entire army of Arkeyan robots but also command them. With that kind of power, Kaos would pretty much be unstoppable so it's up to you to get to this Iron Fist before he does. The original Skylanders, the Giants, who fought the Arkeyans all those years ago are back too to help stop them again."
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:33 27/06/2012 by Aura24
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#1054 Posted: 20:05:27 27/06/2012
Awesome!
---
Bring the Fanta
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1055 Posted: 20:17:55 27/06/2012
Great find Aura24 smilie The thing I find most promising in that article is:

Quote: Skylanders Giants Q & A
5) Any chance that online multiplayer could be a possibility with the new game or even as an update? I think it could be hugely popular.

ALEX: Probably won't be a feature in Giants but I do hope this is something we can look into down the road. I think it could be a lot of fun. As for right now though, we are really focused in improving the non-online multiplayer features for people in the same room, like co-op and player-vs-player gameplay.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:19:40 27/06/2012 by Deandria
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#1056 Posted: 21:02:32 27/06/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
Quote:
• This article also mentions Voodood as a remodel - if there's going to be a Spyro remodel, it looks like Wrecking Ball won't be getting a remodel

Even though I think a Spyro remodle would be good. BOO SPYRO! WRECKING BALL MUST GET A REMODEL!

I'm sorry Spyro, but there are just too many of you already.

Spyro is probably the most popular magic character, while Wrecking Ball didn't get all that much love. I doubt they would leave Spyro out, so I'm guessing that knocks Wrecking Ball off. If they didn't remodel Spyro, they would have some ticked off fans, probably more so then if WB didn't get remodeled. Also, Spyro has four variants including the chrome that looks the same... so what? Cynder has plenty of variants too, and she's getting away with it. smilie

Quote: Aura24
A new Q&A interview: http://www.xxlgaming.com/newspage.asp?which=1934 Alex Ness also reveals how Kaos got back to Skylands.

Kaos returned to Skylands using a Portal of Power used in a toy store display. "And when he does return, he lands in a very ancient part of the world and discovers the remnants of a civilization that ruled Skylands over 10,000 years ago. A race of magical and technological beings called the Arkeyans. Kaos is able to activate one of their robots and quickly learns that if he can acquire something known as the "Iron Fist of Arkus", he can not only reactivate the entire army of Arkeyan robots but also command them. With that kind of power, Kaos would pretty much be unstoppable so it's up to you to get to this Iron Fist before he does. The original Skylanders, the Giants, who fought the Arkeyans all those years ago are back too to help stop them again."

I pretty much guessed that from the beginning. It's the only way he could have gotten back, just like with the skylanders. Where he ended up is kinda interesting though.
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#1057 Posted: 22:34:06 27/06/2012
Quote: Rand O M
Quote: faunatic
wait... where is this notion that they will stop making series one skylanders coming from? activision confirmed officially that they will continue making series one (given the cost to create the molds for each toy, that's not surprising). the only statement faun sees about discontinuing it looks like just one person who leapt to a strange conclusion based on...nothing faun can see from any official source. did faun miss something?

Where did you get this info faun? You do make a good point, but series 2 is playable on SSA so Making series one would be useless unless activison sees a still good product sell in series 1 which is highly unlikely. Giants would have then bringing the most money so Series 1 figures will be thrown out the door.

alas, the memory is faulty and a link isn't available, but faun is pretty sure that there was official mention somewhere that series 1 is going to be continued for awhile. it may have been an article or podcast in which an activision or toys for bob staffer mentioned briefly how much it costs to make the machines that make the individual toys (not cheap, ergo it makes no sense for activision to discontinue series 1 so soon, especially when there is still currently huge demand for all of these figures). activision is not likely to stop making series 1 until it stops selling well, which definitely isn't going to be as early as the end of this year, certainly. obviously they will eventually stop production on series 1, but the odds are that it will be a little while before that happens.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
#1058 Posted: 22:36:33 27/06/2012
Remodeled Voodood is in this photo next to Tree Rex
//www.darkspyro.net/images/giants/array.jpg
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#1059 Posted: 23:08:01 27/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: AJAwesome

There's a series 1 Voodood, but not a Series 2 figure.
#1060 Posted: 23:23:48 27/06/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

Wrong! Look at what Voodood is holding.
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#1061 Posted: 23:26:18 27/06/2012

A slightly bent axe but other than that it's the same figure.

Do you mean Double Trouble?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1062 Posted: 23:36:13 27/06/2012
Quote: D-Rex

I feel stupid now. O3O
EDIT: But that cant be a fire giant behind the water giant because apparently it has a green base.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:11 27/06/2012 by AJAwesome
#1063 Posted: 23:56:53 27/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: D-Rex

I feel stupid now. O3O

EDIT: But that cant be a fire giant behind the water giant because apparently it has a green base.

...No one said that was the Fire Giant. Speaking of which, I should probably add the E3 poster to the first post with the fire Giant and the fire Skylander.
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#1064 Posted: 00:10:47 28/06/2012
I really want pop fizz but will he be in a 3 or 1 pack

also about the series 1 maybe they'll sell them again in a few years like those pokemon cards that have a slightley changed background
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
#1065 Posted: 00:23:16 28/06/2012 | Topic Creator
All characters but Tree Rex will be released in their own single pack.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1066 Posted: 00:47:16 28/06/2012
Are they staggering the release of all the toys again? If so, will they release all the giants first, or release one with each new wave of figures?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#1067 Posted: 01:00:37 28/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Waves again, from the same article that revealed how Kaos returned to Skylands. I'm going to assume they'll be released like this:

1. 2x Giants (Not counting Tree Rex), 1x Normal (Maybe Jet-Vac or Pop-Fizz will be a timed exclusive like Ignitor), 8x Series 2
2. 1x Giant, 2x Normal, 4x Series 2
3. 2x Giants, 1x Normal, 4x Series 2
4. 1x Giant, 2x Normal, 4x Series 2
5. 1x Giants, 1x Normal 4x Series 2

And then the Lightcore versions of a skylander will be released at the same time as their normal counterparts. But that's just my theory after all smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:43 28/06/2012 by bionicle2809
#1068 Posted: 01:47:58 28/06/2012
I'm so dumb it took me until now to find remodeled chop chop who i will get cause i want him but can't find him when i have $
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
The Dooms Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#1069 Posted: 09:00:25 28/06/2012
Hmmm...It occurs to me that I have no clue which of the new Skylanders besides Pop Fizz that I want. I'll probably get all the giants, just because they're epic, especially the Water and Air ones. I'll probably get a few reposes or Lightcores that I find interesting, but besides that, nothing really sparks my eye here. I'm no uber collector, so yeah.

Also, is it me, or does it appear that only 2 Skylanders of every element are getting reposes? I know that the big picture has no indication of future stuff, but Hex and Cynder have reposes, Trigger Happy and Drill Sergeant do too, and Terrafin and (I presume this doesn't count) Prism Break do too. It's just an odd coincidence I noticed. I would suppose that 2 Skylanders get Reposes. *looks at table of contents* Wait, Drobot is going Lightcore? I'm confused.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie smilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie
Skylanders needed: smilie smilie smilie smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1070 Posted: 09:35:08 28/06/2012
Quote: The Dooms
Hmmm...It occurs to me that I have no clue which of the new Skylanders besides Pop Fizz that I want. I'll probably get all the giants, just because they're epic, especially the Water and Air ones. I'll probably get a few reposes or Lightcores that I find interesting, but besides that, nothing really sparks my eye here. I'm no uber collector, so yeah.

Also, is it me, or does it appear that only 2 Skylanders of every element are getting reposes? I know that the big picture has no indication of future stuff, but Hex and Cynder have reposes, Trigger Happy and Drill Sergeant do too, and Terrafin and (I presume this doesn't count) Prism Break do too. It's just an odd coincidence I noticed. I would suppose that 2 Skylanders get Reposes. *looks at table of contents* Wait, Drobot is going Lightcore? I'm confused.

giant aint epic... they are NEEDED if you want to explore the whole game 100%.. and the same goes for 8 figurines of each elements.. your looking at paying something between 15$-30$ for each giant and you need 7 of them(one is included with the game). also expect to pay something between 45$-70$ for the starter kit... so what we are looking at here is easily a 800$ dollar game.. you can stop drooling over reposes, lightcore or new skylanders if your not rich..
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:40:42 28/06/2012 by kappapopm
#1071 Posted: 12:51:16 28/06/2012 | Topic Creator
...You don't need all the figures to complete the game 100% at all. If you already have 1 Skylander of each element from the first game, you could complete Giants 100%.
#1072 Posted: 13:50:02 28/06/2012
Quote: The Dooms

bottom left corner of the pic has reposed chop chop
---
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1073 Posted: 13:50:49 28/06/2012
...You don't need all the figures to complete the game 100% at all. If you already have 1 Skylander of each element from the first game, you could complete Giants 100%.

Yeah, I'm going on the assumption that owning a single giant and 7 regular Skylanders from different elements will be all you would need to access every area within the sequel. For those of us that own the original game and figures from that, we'll probably only need a giant. Which is a pretty sweet deal all told.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#1074 Posted: 14:12:58 28/06/2012

WRONG!... yes you can complete the game but not 100%, you need 8 different element giants to get to the secret places, only each of the giant can get to... you can not reach these places with regular figurines or vice versa.... so there goes your 100% theory in the toilet.. and a devastating blow was dealt to your wallet.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:19:47 28/06/2012 by kappapopm
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#1075 Posted: 15:34:44 28/06/2012
^And where was it said that each giant of each element has it's own area?
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#1076 Posted: 16:02:11 28/06/2012
From http://www.xxlgaming.com/newspage.asp?which=1934

Quote:
ALEX: I think in terms of bringing more gamers to jump on board with the Skylanders franchise, I think about maybe more hardcore gamers who might perceive Skylanders as not necessarily being for them. Well for this hardcore gamer, we have really improved the feeling of combat and interaction with enemies in Giants. It's got a lot more depth to the experience, and I believe those players will appreciate that

Best news of the interview I read. But all the videos so far look like the same old 'swing and all the enemies fall down' scenario.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#1077 Posted: 16:25:55 28/06/2012
When is that gameinformer magazine coming that will reveal a new giant? I must see the new giant.
---
I like Skylanders...
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#1078 Posted: 16:38:44 28/06/2012
Quote: EpicHiro
^And where was it said that each giant of each element has it's own area?

Nothing has ever been said to verify this on the contrary its already been stated you need one of every type with at least one being a giant or regular sized figure. Kappapom has a tendency to display troll-like behavior when he gets excited.
#1079 Posted: 16:56:43 28/06/2012
^ And this wasn't the first time he acted so immature and trollish.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
slambam123 Red Sparx Gems: 15
#1080 Posted: 19:48:22 28/06/2012
My skylanders

:Spyro: :Trigger Happy: :Gill Grunt: smilieouble Trouble: :Wrecking Ball: :Voodood: :Terrafin: smilierism Break: :Slam Bam: :Wham Shell: :Flameslinger: :Eruptor: :Boomer: smilierobot: :Legendary Trigger Happy: :Hex: :Cynder: :Whirlwind: :Lightning Rod: :Stump Smash: :Zook: :Stealth Elf:

I Can't wait to get TREE REX, CRUSHER, BOUNCER, JET VAC and POP FIZZ!
#1081 Posted: 21:54:37 28/06/2012
really slambam that's what signatures r 4
---
Guy Blue Sparx Gems: 551
#1082 Posted: 22:01:51 28/06/2012
Quote:
WRONG!... yes you can complete the game but not 100%, you need 8 different element giants to get to the secret places, only each of the giant can get to... you can not reach these places with regular figurines or vice versa.... so there goes your 100% theory in the toilet.. and a devastating blow was dealt to your wallet.
Who said you needed to get 100%?
---
Green is not a creative color
#1083 Posted: 00:14:14 29/06/2012
^ That's just kappa's own logic, nothing to worry about.
---
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#1084 Posted: 01:33:59 29/06/2012
What do you guys think the new difficulty settings' features will be?
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
Furry360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2713
#1085 Posted: 01:37:12 29/06/2012
aswsome video about SKYLANDERS SHOWS 10 CHARCTERS OUT OF 16 AND NAMES OF ALL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeJCUC8tvE
---
spyro the best of ALL ( skylanders)
bensdady Yellow Sparx Gems: 1702
#1086 Posted: 01:51:50 29/06/2012
it only shows 7 characters we already knew who they were.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1087 Posted: 02:31:24 29/06/2012
and it only says the name of pop fizz bouncer and crusher
---
The Dooms Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#1088 Posted: 09:40:31 29/06/2012
Quote:
you can stop drooling over reposes, lightcore or new skylanders if your not rich..

I'm not "drooling" over reposes and Lightcores. I'm simply stating that they're neat and I would probably buy them if I could. Nothing more, nothing less. If I were drooling over them, my statement would be more along the lines of "ZOMG THESE THINGS ARE SO AWESOME LOL!!!!111!!!1"

Seriously, I'm not rich at all, but I still find some of the reposes cool-looking, and I think the Giants are well-designed and would look good in my collection. That's it.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie smilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmilie
Skylanders needed: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#1089 Posted: 10:27:04 29/06/2012
Quote: Aura24
^ That's just kappa's own logic, nothing to worry about.

Wow what an ego!... stick a fork in yourself and deflate back to reality, before it's to late...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:28:28 29/06/2012 by kappapopm
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#1090 Posted: 17:20:00 29/06/2012
Okay Kappy, now you're just making no sense. Seriously, that comeback made no sense whatsoever.

Back on topic? ...Well, there's not much to talk about right now, is there?
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#1091 Posted: 17:50:52 29/06/2012
jah, we already know all the information publicly (and some exclusively) released.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#1092 Posted: 19:17:14 29/06/2012

1:04-1:07 Quote:
a new ability where you can change your upgrade path on the fly
---
#1093 Posted: 22:10:51 29/06/2012
Quote: spyrodadragon

and all playable character will have their own voice... wallets gonna be hurtin this xmas....
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1094 Posted: 00:46:39 30/06/2012
Quote: kappapopm

and all playable character will have their own voice... wallets gonna be hurtin this xmas....

That's one of the things I most wanted to see. Take that personality from the trailers and inject it into the game.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1095 Posted: 01:44:53 30/06/2012

That's more of an idiom than a reference to anything.
Unless you mean it as such. Haha

It'll be interesting to see how we can switch paths. Like, do we do it before the level (at the Ruins) or can we just fling open the menu for the character and switch that way?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#1096 Posted: 03:16:53 30/06/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

That's more of an idiom than a reference to anything.
Unless you mean it as such. Haha

It'll be interesting to see how we can switch paths. Like, do we do it before the level (at the Ruins) or can we just fling open the menu for the character and switch that way?

by the way it's not the ruins this time it's a boat
---
#1097 Posted: 04:21:48 30/06/2012
Guys lol you don't have to keep quoting the video
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#1098 Posted: 05:23:53 30/06/2012
Characters finally talk, well I do hope so as in during interactions with objects or other characters beside the random killing spree laughs they do whenever you beat too many enemies or first put the skylander on a portal.

Hell you could have Boomer fetch a key and he will rant on about how useless it is when he can just blow it up
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#1099 Posted: 13:08:26 30/06/2012
^this. It will ads them even more personality
---
THE END IS NEAR
#1100 Posted: 17:57:20 30/06/2012
i would hate if all they say is the little saying they say when you put them on the pop
---
First | Previous | Page 22 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me