Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Dent on my Toy Fair Cynder [CLOSED]
NessLock Red Sparx Gems: 73
#1 Posted: 15:20:49 26/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Hey guys, I have a nasty dent on the plastic part my Toy Fair Cynder. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it up and remove it?
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#2 Posted: 15:26:25 26/06/2012
A dent can't really be removed from a plastic toy. Unless you find someone to buff it out for you. smilie
---
Are you my mummy?
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 17:04:36 26/06/2012
Quote: NessLock
Hey guys, I have a nasty dent on the plastic part my Toy Fair Cynder. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it up and remove it?

Isn't the whole thing plastic?

That sucks if you got a defect.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#4 Posted: 21:32:28 26/06/2012
Quote: NessLock

i think you were talking about the box right
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
#5 Posted: 01:11:27 27/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah I'm talking about the box not the toy iteself. The dent is on the plastic part of the package. I really hoped someone had ideas on how to pop it back out without opening it up smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#6 Posted: 01:16:01 27/06/2012
Heating it should make it more pliable. I got a dent out of one of these packages with a hair dryer, but it's somewhat risky to do that, and I'm not so sure I would with a Toy Fair Cynder. Maybe find a more gentle source of heat.
#7 Posted: 03:04:57 27/06/2012 | Topic Creator
What do you mean? How did you get the dent out? With your hands? Its a pretty deep dent I'm scared of making it deeper. I was thinking about using suction cup sticking it and pulling it out... I don't know... My cynder :'(!
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#8 Posted: 03:26:01 27/06/2012
OK...you haven't showed us any pictures, but here's an idea:

If there's a little give in the bottom left or right corner of the blister where it hits the backer card, see if you can slide the straw of a compressed air can in there (theres a hole in those corners where the back flap of the blister is attached to the card) . Without tipping the can (don't want to release any of the liquid into the pack) shoot a little air in the blister. See if it maintains it's seal to the cardboard...go gentle! Small puffs of air. I had the outer seal of one test Boomer blow out a little (didn't effect the seal, just scary sounding pop). The blister should expand a little with each shot of air.

If this works, and pops out the dent, great! If not...add the heat. Using a low hair dryer, from a good 12-18 inches away, begin warming the blister. Try the air and see if it pops out. You could get closer and warm it a bit more if you feel it will work. Just don't get so close or heat it so long that it reactivates the glue seal on the blister.

Let us know if you try this...and if you try it and it works, congratulations! If you try it and ruin your packaged Cynder, enjoy her out of the package!
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 03:29:57 27/06/2012
Depending on the dent, try getting a piece of tape, sticking it to the middle of the dent, then pulling the tape outwards.
#10 Posted: 23:46:46 01/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Aha! I like the heating... But I'll try the tape first smilie thanks guys I'll let you know how it goes.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#11 Posted: 03:53:50 02/07/2012
I had the same problem on my Toy Fair Hex, I can't provide a workaround, but I can say I was one lucky duck and got another from the seller for free AND a $100 refund for it, so I got two of 'em for $200, one is mint and the other is lying open on my portal right now smilie

But I hope you fix it, that sucks! Have you contacted the seller about it?
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#12 Posted: 04:31:38 07/07/2012
i do this with some of my boxes, just squeeze around the part of the dent, and using science and laws of the world it should pop back up.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me