darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here!
First | Previous | Page 20 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here! [CLOSED]
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#951 Posted: 18:13:40 21/06/2012
But I did! You don't believe me? D: Flynn, I thought you were my friend! smilie

...Okay, well, the point is, I did know. I'm just wondering exactly what we're getting with the remodels.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#952 Posted: 19:54:12 21/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
We have some new details on Giants from Geek: http://www.geek.com/articles/g...iants-20120621/

• If you decide to buy new models and expand your collection, you’ll be graced with additional content.
  • Kaos will be using Giants of his own in boss battles, like the first game when he uses dark versions of some of the Skylanders.
  • Bonus levels, like Darklight Crypt, will transfer to the new game for even more content.

I think that it just means you'll get an EXP bonus like you did in the first game - but maybe they'll be bonuses for specifically adding series 2 figures to your collection rather than just adding any skylander.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#953 Posted: 20:30:01 21/06/2012
Ughh..I hope they actually come through with some good content.
I mean, extra EXP is good, but by the end, you've already got all the characters, so you won't be getting many to level up, and even then it's not that hard to gain EXP in the first place.

I'd also hope they don't pull another "Get all the Dragons for a Dragon Bonus" thing again with that either.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#954 Posted: 00:09:06 22/06/2012
Apperantly crusher explodes or somthing and has a scream attck 0_o Best Skylander Eva!!!!smilie
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3336
#955 Posted: 00:18:29 22/06/2012
Btw guys, you know how there's the pic of all the new skylanders and there's one that looks like a legendary slam bam and one that looks like a legendary ignitor? well Spyrowiki has confirmed (along with some other sources) that they ARE the legendary forms of the aforementioned skylanders
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#956 Posted: 00:31:05 22/06/2012
We already know that...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:32:25 22/06/2012 by Aura24
#957 Posted: 00:46:59 22/06/2012
You don't know that everybody knows that, and even if they do, how the hell would I know? huh?, regardless, you don't know, you assumed, especially with the Slam Bam one, you didn't have official information on that, and even if you did...how...the...hell...would...I...Know?!?!? if you already know theres no point in replying that you already know...it make sno sense and It wastes the posting regen, and my time
---
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#958 Posted: 00:49:38 22/06/2012
Quote: Lunarz
Btw guys, you know how there's the pic of all the new skylanders and there's one that looks like a legendary slam bam and one that looks like a legendary ignitor? well Spyrowiki has confirmed (along with some other sources) that they ARE the legendary forms of the aforementioned skylanders

This strikes me as hillarious. If its on syrowiki it must be true. For all we know the source of this information came from a reader of this forum. A lot of the information for this game has been from people reading published rumors and speculation as fact.

We have seen the pictures we know the characters will surface at some point but spyrowiki is somehow not the all confirming source that proves it. The commercial is.
#959 Posted: 00:57:30 22/06/2012
But it is true, L. Ignitor has had some close up shots and it clearly is Ignitor, and L. Slam Bam is just slam bam with his armor (which you get once he is fully upgraded)
---
#960 Posted: 01:10:40 22/06/2012
I agree with ItJustMe, it hasn't been confirmed yet if there is a Legendary Ignitor and Slam Bam. Just because the Spyro Wiki says, doesn't mean it's probably true.

Quote: Lunarz
You don't know that everybody knows that, and even if they do, how the hell would I know? huh?, regardless, you don't know, you assumed, especially with the Slam Bam one, you didn't have official information on that, and even if you did...how...the...hell...would...I...Know?!?!? if you already know theres no point in replying that you already know...it make sno sense and It wastes the posting regen, and my time

Lunar, trying to act smart isn't going to help your image here.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:49 22/06/2012 by Aura24
#961 Posted: 01:20:16 22/06/2012
you have seen the picture of all the skylanders, correct? because if you haven't then do not say they aren't in existence,
and trying to act smart??? yea...cuz that's what I'm doing, this topic is for info we find out, I discovered something and posted it, it doesn't matter if it's 100% true or not, but I discovered something and decided to post it, so I really don't care if you know it or not..
---
#962 Posted: 01:21:59 22/06/2012
But there is no confirmation that there is a L-Slam bam and Ignitor.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#963 Posted: 02:07:32 22/06/2012
We don't know if the Skylanders will talk in cutscenes yet.

EDIT:

We have some new details on Giants from Geek: http://www.geek.com/articles/g...iants-20120621/

• If you decide to buy new models and expand your collection, you’ll be graced with additional content.
  • Kaos will be using Giants of his own in boss battles, like the first game when he uses dark versions of some of the Skylanders.
  • Bonus levels, like Darklight Crypt, will transfer to the new game for even more content.

Does additonal content for remodels just refferto the wowpows, or do we character development and story? If it's the latter they may have thier hands even more deeply ensconced in my pockets... But then that would be a real middle finger up the arse, withholding something as vital as story and character development in exchange for more money on a 75 dolar game.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:05 22/06/2012 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#964 Posted: 02:29:06 22/06/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

EDIT:

Does additonal content for remodels just refferto the wowpows, or do we character development and story? If it's the latter they may have thier hands even more deeply ensconced in my pockets... But then that would be a real middle finger up the arse, withholding something as vital as story and character development in exchange for more money on a 75 dolar game.

there is a possibility that they will have three character sheets waiting to be completed in the game. when you pause the game and go to skylanders/collections, you can see how many you have and which ones. i hope they dont make it so series two skylanders count as different skylanders and you have to buy them too to get 100%
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#965 Posted: 03:33:13 22/06/2012
Quote: SparCrux1101
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

EDIT:

there is a possibility that they will have three character sheets waiting to be completed in the game. when you pause the game and go to skylanders/collections, you can see how many you have and which ones. i hope they dont make it so series two skylanders count as different skylanders and you have to buy them too to get 100%

I hope we don't have to do that to get 100%. The fact that the expansion levels carry over excites me! So excited!
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#966 Posted: 04:31:59 22/06/2012
They showed some footage of the 3DS version of Giants on Nintendo Direct tonight.

It still looks like a linear 3D platformer, but not as Crash Bandicooty.
No new characters were shown.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#967 Posted: 09:47:00 22/06/2012

Is it just me that's been thinking the "additional content" might just be extra heroics? I'm not sure if it's 100% confirmed but I'm pretty sure I heard on a video walkthrough from E3 that series 1 and 2 characters unlock different heroics.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#968 Posted: 10:58:23 22/06/2012
Interesting that the link above mentioned the DLC being usable in the new game. I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if that's the case.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#969 Posted: 11:02:17 22/06/2012
^ Where did it say that? all i saw was that it said unlike being DLC
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#970 Posted: 11:29:33 22/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Okaps
They showed some footage of the 3DS version of Giants on Nintendo Direct tonight.

It still looks like a linear 3D platformer, but not as Crash Bandicooty.
No new characters were shown.

It looks more like a port of the console version now. I know it's not because it's a separate story ETC but the actual feel of it looks much more like the console game than the first one did.

However, I'm still not too keen on the fact that they haven't announced different characters in the 3DS starter pack other than the difference between Jet-Vac and Pop-Fizz. If I were to get Giants on console and 3DS and already owned S:SA on console and 3DS then I'd have two Tree Rex's... Which I don't really want. I could see them changing the giant to, maybe, Bouncer for the 3DS version but considering they focused on Tree Rex in that gameplay section, I doubt it for some reason.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:32:57 22/06/2012 by bionicle2809
#971 Posted: 11:34:22 22/06/2012
Quote: Themrmusicman14
^ Where did it say that? all i saw was that it said unlike being DLC

Just above the big pic of Tree Rex is this paragraph:

Quote:
Like the original, you can complete the game if you are really talented with a minimal set of characters. If you decide to buy new models and expand your collection, you’ll be graced with additional content. Also, bonus levels like the Darklight Crypt also transfer to the new game for even more content.

Though if you look at it it pessimistically you could read it as "There will be new bonus levels like Darklight Crypt that you can use to unlock more content."
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:35:33 22/06/2012 by Deandria
#972 Posted: 11:37:53 22/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Then why not just mention that there will be new Adventure Packs? Why specify the Darklight Crypt if that's not what they meant?
#973 Posted: 11:39:49 22/06/2012
No I agree that it seems they will work, I'm just saying that like many things, if you read it a different way the same words could mean different things.
---
DaddysHelper Green Sparx Gems: 204
#974 Posted: 13:30:45 22/06/2012
Did you guys see a couple neat things in this gameplay vid...

1) Lightcore figures, when placed on the portal, when they enter the game they do a very strong AOE attack upon entering the game @ 2:59 (for the attack, he describes it at 2:55)

2) Legendary Treasures offer power not gold, this one here gives a boost (I dont know what constitutes a spoiler but Im guessing everything in this thread) anyways it says "Deal 5% more damage with all attacks, when used in the upgrade-a-tron" @ 3:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nQEGCfYtxw

I am sure the vid. is not new, but I thought I would point out those 2 bits

He also shows Cynder's new Wow Pow, but I think I heard everyone already chatting about that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:36:11 22/06/2012 by DaddysHelper
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#975 Posted: 14:41:10 22/06/2012
I think it actually means levels like Darklight Crypt (Dragons Peak, Empire Of Ice and Pirate Seas that were in the first game) also transfer to the new game for even more content
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#976 Posted: 18:02:38 22/06/2012
The difficulty levels of Giants are explained by a spokesman: http://www.theverge.com/gaming...fficulty-levels

Skylanders Giants, the sequel to last year's popular Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, will include three difficulty levels and possibly a fourth unlockable "nightmare" or "legendary" mode, an Activision representative told Polygon.

In addition to the Easy, Normal and Hard standard difficulty modes, a spokesperson at the presentation said "a nightmare mode or legendary mode will be unlocked if you finish [the game]." The spokesperson clarified that they weren't sure if the additional, more punishing difficulty level "has been finalized yet."
---
#977 Posted: 18:47:29 22/06/2012
They better make a remodeld stealth elf...or i will DIE! 0_0
---
Gay 4 GARcher
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#978 Posted: 19:30:28 22/06/2012
Quote: DragonCamo

sorry to say it but that will not happen... i guess you can order that coffin now.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:33:01 22/06/2012 by kappapopm
#979 Posted: 19:36:58 22/06/2012

We only saw Eruptor, Prism Break, the Giants, being lightcores. We haven't seen all 24.
---
porsche9000 Gold Sparx Gems: 2213
#980 Posted: 19:56:18 22/06/2012
Quote: kappapopm

sorry to say it but that will not happen... i guess you can order that coffin now.

Activision is acually thinking about it. They said so a few days ago
---
pretty obvious but... yeah I'm not active here anymore
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#981 Posted: 21:51:52 22/06/2012
I have a question. When you play giants will it save your progress on your old skylanders or reset them
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#982 Posted: 22:08:19 22/06/2012
Duh, the characters wont get resetted. They keep their stats intact so you can play giants without buying any new figs if you want.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#983 Posted: 22:11:04 22/06/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
Duh, the characters wont get resetted. They keep their stats intact so you can play giants without buying any new figs if you want.

But will you have to buy all their upgrades again
---
#984 Posted: 22:29:58 22/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Madhouse1

But will you have to buy all their upgrades again

Faiinhearts gave you an answer - they will not be reset.
#985 Posted: 22:40:00 22/06/2012
what bout paths for giants. Will the giants get paths too
---
porsche9000 Gold Sparx Gems: 2213
#986 Posted: 22:45:14 22/06/2012
Duh YES
---
pretty obvious but... yeah I'm not active here anymore
#987 Posted: 00:39:36 23/06/2012
The difficulty levels of Giants are explained by a spokesman: http://www.theverge.com/gaming...fficulty-levels

Skylanders Giants, the sequel to last year's popular Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, will include three difficulty levels and possibly a fourth unlockable "nightmare" or "legendary" mode, an Activision representative told Polygon.

In addition to the Easy, Normal and Hard standard difficulty modes, a spokesperson at the presentation said "a nightmare mode or legendary mode will be unlocked if you finish [the game]." The spokesperson clarified that they weren't sure if the additional, more punishing difficulty level "has been finalized yet."

i've read somewhere that you can get "raided" like three dark ninja minions come chase you. that could be in the legendary mode. i wish we could skip the game and go straight to the legendary version... that would be cool
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#988 Posted: 00:47:55 23/06/2012
i've read somewhere that you can get "raided" like three dark ninja minions come chase you. that could be in the legendary mode. i wish we could skip the game and go straight to the legendary version... that would be cool

In one of the E3 gameplay videos, they get ambushed by 3 Stealth Elf minions in one of the life elemental areas.
It's probably any mode.
---
#all Spyros are valid
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#989 Posted: 02:03:17 23/06/2012
Can you link me to that video? It sounds cool.
---
I like Skylanders...
charizard21 Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#990 Posted: 02:12:04 23/06/2012
what matrix said.
---
BILBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#991 Posted: 02:12:16 23/06/2012
Quote: Okaps

In one of the E3 gameplay videos, they get ambushed by 3 Stealth Elf minions in one of the life elemental areas.
It's probably any mode.

yeah, please link, i never saw the video.
---
#992 Posted: 02:24:13 23/06/2012
Here, starts at 6:05:

---
#993 Posted: 02:32:20 23/06/2012
^ Why do you keep saying that?
---
charizard21 Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#994 Posted: 02:35:03 23/06/2012
Sorry. On topic, who has info?
---
BILBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#995 Posted: 02:38:57 23/06/2012
Quote: porsche9000
Quote: kappapopm

Activision is acually thinking about it. They said so a few days ago

X_X ill make my coffin look like a mummys
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#996 Posted: 02:42:57 23/06/2012
Ya guys seen Nintendo Direct? Gameplay from the 3DS version as shown on the new 3DS XL is on the video. No radiance anymore!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#997 Posted: 02:56:10 23/06/2012
Here:

---
#998 Posted: 06:17:42 23/06/2012
Ya guys seen Nintendo Direct? Gameplay from the 3DS version as shown on the new 3DS XL is on the video. No radiance anymore!

so... just regular levels with a unique storyline? AWESOME, i hated the radiance games...
---
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#999 Posted: 12:52:31 23/06/2012
I've been away from Spyro for a while. I heard about Giants when it was announced, but have only gotten acquainted with the details and the post-E3 wrapups. Everything sounds good and normal, except the old figures not getting to experience the new upgrades that the reposes get, might be a deal breaker.

I listened to the podcast, and they said that they reason why they did that was that they felt that kids would only want to get a repose if they did something special in the game. While this was a fair consideration, it sort of throws away the idea of being able to take old skylanders and bring them as far forwards as you can without having technical limitation.

There is no technical limitation from giving the old skylanders the new upgrades, as we have seen that the upgrades are on the console save data. If you want to argue that there is, I suppose I can't prove it to you, other than to point out that the information that the characters themselves carry is really just a code or number. These codes or numbers require some for of storage space, which on Skylanders' RFID chips, allow a certain amount of information to be written or modified. It certainly doesn't keep them from changing a couple numbers to modify their ability to upgrade to level 15, so why would it keep them changing the numbers and codes for the upgrades. The answer is simple: They want the remodels to be that much different.

I can understand a 'reward' for getting the new remodels. But I feel like they made the remodels as a way of teasing the hardcore collectors, and then crossed the line that prevents the common Skylanders fan to feel that they are being taken advantage of.

I'm not going to blame Activision or T4B, or anybody else. As far as I can see, they just didn't do their homework correctly. I'm not sure if I will invest in it or not. However, I still plan on buying the rest of the series 1 Skylanders that I have yet to get.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1000 Posted: 13:24:06 23/06/2012
.@riverhippo

i agree with you..they should have not made the 24 remodels crap and given the old ones the upgrades. then they should have just med the 8 giant, 8 new ones and that light core crap they should have just included in the 8 new skylanders.. so there only would be 16 new skylanders to buy and they could have just sell more of the old ones... as it is now there is just to much game characters.
First | Previous | Page 20 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me