darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here!
First | Previous | Page 15 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here! [CLOSED]
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#701 Posted: 01:18:03 08/06/2012
the videos don't even show up as existing on facebook when faun tries the links. and since when has something being "exclusive" to a site ever stopped anyone in this community? whenever they are posted somewhere else (or, more likely, whenever someone finds where they are already reposted on another site) kindly link them for those who are not facebook users. :)
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#702 Posted: 01:23:34 08/06/2012
^ I don't think that it has anything to do if your a member to Facebook or not due to it working for me when I'm not a member; it's most likely due to poor encoding of their site or the video's composure.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#703 Posted: 01:44:57 08/06/2012
faun is thinking it's the former since the giants trailer worked just fine. it's only the two demo videos that aren't working. oh well. faun can wait a day or two.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#704 Posted: 01:46:58 08/06/2012
Part 1 of the mini walkthrough on youtube:

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#705 Posted: 02:28:15 08/06/2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNs_HItOrJk Crusher's phrase is- Its crush hour! Seen if you look around the beggining.
---
I like Skylanders...
#706 Posted: 02:29:09 08/06/2012
^We already know that lol
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#707 Posted: 02:43:30 08/06/2012
Question - Will treasure carry over into Giants or will you start at Zero again when you put a previous character into the game? Can you take treasure earned in Giants back to S:SA?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#708 Posted: 05:36:17 08/06/2012
Quote: Okaps
Quote: SparCrux1101
couple of questions. will the lightcore skylanders ALSO get a redesign? and since all reposes will work on SSA, will reposed legendary slam bam and ignitor also work?

Prism Break and Eruptor have new poses. Prism Break was in his original pose at the toy fair, but now has a new pose
[User Posted Image]

The new legandaries are a good question... but you might as well assume that they won't work in the original game since legendaries are counted as different characters.

Edit: http://www.trueachievements.co...led-updated.htm has some photos we've seen before, but a clear picture of reposed Trigger Happy.

thanks. but to clarify my question, i mean, if there is series 1 prism break, and series 2 prism break, will the lightcore BE the redesign, or are they going to make a third prism break?
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#709 Posted: 05:39:00 08/06/2012
The light core will be the redesign.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#710 Posted: 05:44:26 08/06/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Toleroh
Everything I have heard in interviews and read from official sources said "select" or "favorites" for reposes - not all 32. Can anyone provide a source for all 32 being reposed aside from conjecture?

I have not seen any discussion on the new difficulty setting feature. If I can't find one, I'm going to start it!

28 will be getting new designs under the same name - from what we can gather, the four missing ones will be 4 new legendary characters, as what is presumably a Legendary Ignitor and Legendary Slam Bam can be spotted in the trailer

actually, the four not getting a redesign would be the lightcore, ( i just figured this out using logic), as the lightocre would count as their redesign. the four legendaries are not counted in the original 32, they (and dark spyro) make 37. 28 redesign+ 4 lightcore= 32. 32+ legends & dark= 37.
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#711 Posted: 06:37:07 08/06/2012
There's something about that LightCore Eruptor that I don't care much for. The plastic looks kind of cheap to me for some reason and the light is very minuscule compared to the other LightCore figures. Since he's composed of lava and magma, they should find a way to make his whole body glow red and maybe his eyes should light up too.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#712 Posted: 06:50:07 08/06/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
There's something about that LightCore Eruptor that I don't care much for. The plastic looks kind of cheap to me for some reason and the light is very minuscule compared to the other LightCore figures. Since he's composed of lava and magma, they should find a way to make his whole body glow red and maybe his eyes should light up too.

if it is just the inside of his mouth that lights up it will be a bit disappointing
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#713 Posted: 09:42:19 08/06/2012
I've put a call into Activision to get clarification on the number and type of figures being released. These are my current theories, so hopefully they'll correct what's wrong:

8 Giants, 1 from each element

8 New Skylanders (regular size), 1 from each element, 4 of which are LightCore

24 Series 2 Skylanders, 3 from each element, 4 of which are LightCore

The 8 LightCore figures mentioned above comprise 1 from each element

This gives a total of 40 figures released for Giants. Any Legendary figures and other variants are currently unannounced and would supplement that number, rather than be a part of it.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#714 Posted: 11:40:01 08/06/2012
but isnt it 28 figures getting re released? thats the only thing i thought was wrong but everything else is right i think
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#715 Posted: 11:53:17 08/06/2012
Quote: Themrmusicman14
but isnt it 28 figures getting re released? thats the only thing i thought was wrong but everything else is right i think

Some folks seem to think so, but it doesn't make sense to me based on what I've read. I'm sure the total is 40 figures, which fits nicely into 5 for each element (inc. Giants).
---
#716 Posted: 12:46:48 08/06/2012
just to add to the confusion i saw an interview previously where a toys r us official confirmed that they would be releasing exclusives for giants, didn't say which characters though
#717 Posted: 12:48:15 08/06/2012
Quote: t7gga
just to add to the confusion i saw an interview previously where a toys r us official confirmed that they would be releasing exclusives for giants, didn't say which characters though

I think that's to be expected at this point. There's bound to be permanent/timed retail exclusives along with new variants (e.g. Legendary etc.).
---
#718 Posted: 15:30:09 08/06/2012
thanks for linking part one of the demo, aura24. :) so is faun the only one old enough to recognize bobcat voicing pop fizz? :D might consider getting him just for that.
#719 Posted: 15:47:18 08/06/2012
NO! I TOTALLY Noticed! smilie Do you know him from the old Buzz Lightyear Series voicing the robot XL?
---
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#720 Posted: 15:51:47 08/06/2012

What we know so far is Legendary Ignitor and Legendary slam bam
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#721 Posted: 16:06:49 08/06/2012
I've just received confirmation from Activision that the breakdown I posted above is 100% accurate.
---
#722 Posted: 16:08:59 08/06/2012
Quote: faunatic
thanks for linking part one of the demo, aura24. smilie so am i the only one old enough to recognize bobcat voicing pop fizz? smilie might consider getting him just for that.

No you're not, he does sound like Bobcat Goldthwait, but sounds a little deeper.
---
#723 Posted: 16:15:06 08/06/2012
Quote: wideawakewesley
I've just received confirmation from Activision that the breakdown I posted above is 100% accurate.

Prove it dude... Screenshot of emails, video interview, reputable website, pick one and show us.
---
#724 Posted: 16:20:32 08/06/2012
faun didn't know bobcat was in buzz lightyear. he was really popular when faun was young and there was a movie about a talking horse he had a big part in that faun remembers fondly. he's probably sounding a bit deeper-voiced now because he's getting older, but it's nice to know he's still around. :)
#725 Posted: 16:34:58 08/06/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Prove it dude... Screenshot of emails, video interview, reputable website, pick one and show us.

Sure thing, I'd be dubious too.

I represent Media Pulp a weekly podcast covering movies, games and tv shows. We've done two Skylanders special episodes to date, with the latest featuring Alex Ness (Toys For Bob) and Mike Stout (Activision) along with Jeff Gerstmann, John Davison and Andy Robertson.

Episodes here:

http://mediapulp.podbean.com/2...anders-special/

http://mediapulp.podbean.com/2...anders-special/

If that's not enough proof that I have a line into the developers/publishers, I'm happy to provide more evidence.
---
#726 Posted: 17:35:54 08/06/2012
I've put a call into Activision to get clarification on the number and type of figures being released. These are my current theories, so hopefully they'll correct what's wrong:

This gives a total of 40 figures released for Giants. Any Legendary figures and other variants are currently unannounced and would supplement that number, rather than be a part of it.

ok, so any chance you can ask actibob which 8 original characters aren't getting reposes? pretty please with a marshmallow on top smilie
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#727 Posted: 17:55:54 08/06/2012

ok, so any chance you can ask actibob which 8 original characters aren't getting reposes? pretty please with a marshmallow on top smilie

second this^ extra please

Thanks for the official info, Wes. I posted somewhere doubting all 32 would be reposed. The only Life repose we've seen is smilie so we know he's in. I'm really hoping the other two from Life are smilie and smilie .
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:23 08/06/2012 by Toleroh
#728 Posted: 17:55:58 08/06/2012

I would assume that's information they don't want to reveal at this stage, hence the drip feed of character information for Giants so far. However, I will see what I can find out.
---
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#729 Posted: 18:02:37 08/06/2012
Could you also possibly see if the store exclusives (legendaries) we have seen in the commercial count toward the 24

I am guessing no as it says more than 40 new characters.

This was good information and copares to what was originally stated about Giants. Thank you.

Edit: I am not counting Slam Bam and Ignitor yet.
Assuming we get three new reposes of each type we can determine just from the already reveals that there will be no Boomer or Ghost Roaster repose.

Here is who we know for sure sorted by type:
Magic- Double Trouble
Water-
Tech- Drobot, Trigger Happy, Drill Sergeant
Life- Zook
Fire- Eruptor
Earth- Terrafin, Prism Break,
Wind- Sonic Boom, Whirlwind
Undead- Cynder, Hex, Chop Chop,

So no repose of Ghost Roaster or Boomer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:22 08/06/2012 by ItsJustMe
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#730 Posted: 19:06:38 08/06/2012
No I need to know if Ghost Roaster is getting a reposed figure. I'm not a big fan of buying the same figure as much as the next guy, but I would love to see what kind of new move and upgrades he could get if he gets a chance.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#731 Posted: 19:29:47 08/06/2012 | Topic Creator
If what wideawakewesley has discovered is accurate, then Ghost Roaster won't be getting a repose.
#732 Posted: 19:47:58 08/06/2012
Yep, he will NOT get a remodel, darn i wanted to see how overpowered he can be!
---
#733 Posted: 20:42:17 08/06/2012
I think the best charecters are better without remodels and lightcore, not acctually better as in in game, I mean better cause its FAIR, this is a way to prevent unfair stuff like Ghoast Roasters skull charge, THANK GOODNESS
---
I like Skylanders...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:58 08/06/2012 by matrix
#734 Posted: 22:17:05 08/06/2012
IM hoping Dino Rang, Zap, Wham Shell and Sunburn all get reposes i wanna see how good they can get
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#735 Posted: 23:08:58 08/06/2012 | Topic Creator
IM hoping Dino Rang, Zap, Wham Shell and Sunburn all get reposes i wanna see how good they can get

Well, I'm guessing that they're gonna repose all Dragons so... I doubt Dino Rang would get a repose. And Wham Shell. Um... But Sunburn and Zap may be alright.
Krisiun Green Sparx Gems: 390
#736 Posted: 23:58:30 08/06/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
If what wideawakewesley has discovered is accurate, then Ghost Roaster won't be getting a repose.

That would be lame because he was in an adventure pack. All the Skylanders that were in adventure packs should be released as a new single repose. Sometimes you want a double of certain favorite characters and as of right now if I want 2 Goast Roasters I have to shell out $40 instead of paying $9 each.
#737 Posted: 00:16:36 09/06/2012
The wideawakewesley formula provides for exactly 40 new figures.
The commercial spot states over 40 new skylanders.
We have gotten confirmation of store exclusive figures for giants and have seen evidence of two legendaries existing

If we put these factors together it is not unreasonable to assume a new Ghost Roaster or Boomer may pop up as store exclusives in some form or another.

Dino-Rang has a 50% of not getting a repose with the wideawakewesley formula it will either be him or Bash neglected. Both thoughts make me sad but I expect we will not see a Dino-Rang repose as part of the main line.
Krisiun Green Sparx Gems: 390
#738 Posted: 00:36:37 09/06/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe
The wideawakewesley formula provides for exactly 40 new figures.

Dino-Rang has a 50% of not getting a repose with the wideawakewesley formula it will either be him or Bash neglected. Both thoughts make me sad but I expect we will not see a Dino-Rang repose as part of the main line.

I would bet more against Bash since he already got exclusives as a Blue Bash and a Legendary.
#739 Posted: 01:28:55 09/06/2012

i believe it's 28 re released and 4 lightcores (that is 32 re released total) and they are not re making the legends or dark variants.)

EDIT: the giant exclusives are legendary ignitor and slam bam. and not all giants/new skylanders will be lightcores.
i think my theory makes sense though, no one seems to notice my posts >.> if 28 characters are being reposed, and they are making 4 lightcores (that adds up to a very special number: 32) it would not make sense for them to also reposes the 4 lightcores, meaning a dedicated collector would have 3 prism breaks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:00 09/06/2012 by SparCrux1101
#740 Posted: 01:37:50 09/06/2012
I'm not fussed over reposed figures, TBH. All you get is a different toy and new moves, how much can that really change the game? IF i wanna know about the other upgrade path then i'll reset the figure and try it, nd if there's a whole knew path then meh, what can I really be missing besides a different looking attack, right? I'm more concerned with saving my money, and since my nearest EB just got a huge shipment of toys in, I think I'll save few pennies and buy them at 8 bucks.

Any input on this at all?
---
#741 Posted: 01:40:34 09/06/2012

i believe it's 28 re released and 4 lightcores (that is 32 re released total) and they are not re making the legends or dark variants.)

It looks like this was misleading information. The first announcements claimed 24 reposes and 4 lightcore rereleases. Repeated reports and speculation upped this number to everyone getting rerelease. Wideawakewesley (above post)has clarified with TFB reps for an exact number of 24 reposes this number is inclusive of the 4 lightcore figures.

We appear to have found two legendary colored skylanders reposed in the commercial that was released this weak. So it is a good guess you are wrong and we will see legendaries. Legendaries in the past have been store exclusives (TRU) so it is not certain if these legendaries count toward the 24 repose number.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:23 09/06/2012 by ItsJustMe
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#742 Posted: 02:30:19 09/06/2012
In the group of photos Facebook posted, there is an alternate pose non-Lightcore Shroomboom with his slingshot drawn: http://www.facebook.com/photo....pe=3&permPage=1

So either...
1. One is a prototype
2. Lightcore characters will have regular versions as well
3. Doppelgangers
---
#all Spyros are valid
#743 Posted: 02:38:21 09/06/2012

It looks like this was misleading information. The first announcements claimed 24 reposes and 4 lightcore rereleases. Repeated reports and speculation upped this number to everyone getting rerelease. Wideawakewesley (above post)has clarified with TFB reps for an exact number of 24 reposes this number is inclusive of the 4 lightcore figures.

We appear to have found two legendary colored skylanders reposed in the commercial that was released this weak. So it is a good guess you are wrong and we will see legendaries. Legendaries in the past have been store exclusives (TRU) so it is not certain if these legendaries count toward the 24 repose number.

i said they arent remaking legends, not they are not making any new legends.
---
#744 Posted: 02:40:18 09/06/2012
In the group of photos Facebook posted, there is an alternate pose non-Lightcore Shroomboom with his slingshot drawn: http://www.facebook.com/photo....pe=3&permPage=1

So either...
1. One is a prototype
3. Doppelgangers

im guessing prototype, it looks really different than the lightcore one. whats the point of making two in the same pose? and on a gameplay video, when someone placed light up shroomboom, it did not have *lightcore* in front of the name
---
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#745 Posted: 02:46:24 09/06/2012
Could you also possibly see if the store exclusives (legendaries) we have seen in the commercial count toward the 24

I am guessing no as it says more than 40 new characters.

This was good information and copares to what was originally stated about Giants. Thank you.

Edit: I am not counting Slam Bam and Ignitor yet.
Assuming we get three new reposes of each type we can determine just from the already reveals that there will be no Boomer or Ghost Roaster repose.

Here is who we know for sure sorted by type:
Magic- Double Trouble
Water-
Tech- Drobot, Trigger Happy, Drill Sergeant
Life- Zook
Fire- Eruptor
Earth- Terrafin, Prism Break,
Wind- Sonic Boom, Whirlwind
Undead- Cynder, Hex, Chop Chop,

So no repose of Ghost Roaster or Boomer

will someone post a pic of just new chop chop i can't see him
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
#746 Posted: 03:05:38 09/06/2012 | Topic Creator

So either...
1. One is a prototype
3. Doppelgangers

I think this is true for the 4 new Skylanders. There is footage from a trailer of Shroomboom where he is labeled as 'Lightcore Shroomboom'. The fact that he is specifically labeled as a Lightcore character suggests that there is a normal version too. That's why I added him to both lists smilie
#747 Posted: 03:15:55 09/06/2012
This is Activision, i bet you know which version we are getting for ol schroomie! This will be even more money grubby if the lightcore remodels will get regular versions
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#748 Posted: 04:00:16 09/06/2012
Has anyone else preorder giants? I just per ordered the starter pack today and I am looking forward to waiting in line knowing I already have one waiting for me.
#749 Posted: 06:05:19 09/06/2012
I read the skylanders giants interview from gameinformer, and it says that there will be a giant revealed in the july issue of gameinformer, cant wait!
---
I like Skylanders...
#750 Posted: 07:22:38 09/06/2012
Heres a picture of trigger happys new repose

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox...s_revealed.html
---
First | Previous | Page 15 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me