Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Hardest and Easiest Spyro Games?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Hardest and Easiest Spyro Games? [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#1 Posted: 15:16:27 30/05/2012 | Topic Creator
In your opinion, what are the easiest and hardest Spyro games you've played?
My Hardest: Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage / Gateway to Glimmer (Trouble with the Trolley, eh? + Alchemist Challenge + Agent Zero= RAGE!!!!!)
My Easiest: Spyro the Dragon
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:22:56 30/05/2012 by JCW555
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4263
#2 Posted: 16:57:43 30/05/2012
Hardest: All of them apart from the first xD GTG was hard because of the challenges and stuff, YoTD because of the eggs, ETD because it is, 90 dragonflies in 10 ish levels?! AHT because of the Blink challenges and Sparx challenges and the legend series because it's plain hard smilie So, overall, I'd say, the games that I play the most, Enter the Dragonfly is the hardest. It's the only original I've never completed.

Easiest: Spyro the Dragon- managed to complete it in 3 hours and 44 minutes
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#3 Posted: 17:28:04 30/05/2012
Easiest is A New Beginning.
Honestly I never found any to be hard.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#4 Posted: 20:42:49 30/05/2012
Easiest: A New Beginning
Hardest: Enter the Dragonfly
---
but i love it all smooth
drako1998 Green Sparx Gems: 326
#5 Posted: 20:48:24 30/05/2012
easiest: a new beginning
hardest: year of the dragon
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#6 Posted: 15:23:07 31/05/2012
Easiest: Spyro A Hero's Tail, for me it was easy from the Beginning, just a few retries but that's all smilie
Hardest: Spyro Enter The Dragonfly, oh Hell No, Defeating Ripto it's almost Impossible for me, it's to glitchy xD
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#7 Posted: 15:28:08 31/05/2012
I've never been able to defeat Ripto in ETD D:
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#8 Posted: 15:38:55 31/05/2012
Quote: Spyrobaby
I've never been able to defeat Ripto in ETD D:

Ohh, It's a nightmare >.<
---
#9 Posted: 16:44:30 31/05/2012
I mean, I haven't even been able to get one hit in, and I've had the game for 5 years! D:<
---
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#10 Posted: 06:44:23 01/06/2012
Easiest: The 1st 2 LoS games. The gameplay is basically a ****ty flashgame with fancy graphics
Hardest: ETD. The raceway glitch meant It took me half my life to finally beat the game. Stupid god damn producers not being able to count....
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#11 Posted: 08:25:38 01/06/2012
faun had to turn eternal night off a lot out of frustration when faun played it, so maybe that is faun's hardest spyro game. faun has played the original spyro so much that faun has it memorized, so maybe that is the easiest, though faun remembers finding it difficult when faun first played it. maybe a new beginning is easiest for faun. faun doesn't remember having any trouble with that and faun is pretty sure faun finished it in just a few hours.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#12 Posted: 16:01:12 01/06/2012
Hardest - Spyro: Year of the Dragon [There's just so many challenges that take me so long to complete. The yeti race in the Super Bonus Round is hell] Also, I have played like half an hour of The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, and I had trouble with that game from the start of it, with it's dodgy controls and combat.

Easiest - Definitely Spyro the Dragon, it takes me quicker to do each level as I don't have to worry about completing any challenges, most if not all the egg thieves are easy for me now since I know a few tricks to get rid of them easily, the only time when it can become difficult is the flight levels and Gnasty's Loot where you have to fly after two in bi planes.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#13 Posted: 16:53:44 02/06/2012
Easiest - Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Hardest - Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
dreamynightmare Gold Sparx Gems: 2139
#14 Posted: 17:01:07 02/06/2012
Hardest: Ripto's Rage. The darn alchemist challenge and the speedways were the hardest for me.
Easy: Spyro The Dragon
I haven't played much of Year of The Dragon since I just got it a while ago, so I can't really say yet. And I only played a little bit of Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail
---
I can't drown my demons they know how to swim
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#15 Posted: 06:29:32 03/06/2012
The hardest for me was easily TEN. I still haven't fully beaten it. Way too hard, if you ask me. Gets to the point where it just isn't fun anymore.

The easiest was probably AHT or ANB. I mean, they were fun, but really easy.

And ETD was hard just because of the glitches. smilie
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
MasterBlui Emerald Sparx Gems: 3442
#16 Posted: 07:34:23 03/06/2012
Hardest Spyro game was TEN for me, and the easiest I don't know.. the rest of the games are easy..
---
Wow, fantastic baby..
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#17 Posted: 07:39:33 03/06/2012
ETD wasn't hard because of the glitches for me. It was hard because of the challenges. My copy was hardly glitchy if I didn't do something to trigger the glitch.
Talk about assuming..
---
but i love it all smooth
The Aecho Green Sparx Gems: 337
#18 Posted: 08:15:48 03/06/2012
TEN. Never completed. </3
---
Dragonborn, Dragonborn, by his honor is sworn, To keep evil forever at bay!
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#19 Posted: 10:28:30 03/06/2012
Easiest: Adventure (or Attack of the Rhynocs). I completed it so many times.

Hardest: Fusion (or Orange). I cannot beat some of those mini-games.
---
Bring the Fanta
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#20 Posted: 23:51:40 03/06/2012
Easiest: Umm... A New Beginning I suppose.
Hardest: TEN by far.
#21 Posted: 05:38:59 04/06/2012
Yeah, everyone here's presumably going to say TEN.
---
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#22 Posted: 05:34:38 05/06/2012
Quote: The Aecho

Well it was the hardest, IMO.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#23 Posted: 17:45:31 08/06/2012
Quote: Queen_Cynder

Yeah that's right, It's a difficult game compared with ANB >.<
---
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#24 Posted: 21:58:07 08/06/2012
Quote: LevanJess
Easiest: A New Beginning
Hardest: Enter the Dragonfly

This.
#25 Posted: 22:12:38 08/06/2012
Quote: SamXala
Quote: Queen_Cynder

Yeah that's right, It's a difficult game compared with ANB >.<

I agree, it's like ANB all over again but on a harder difficulty really.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#26 Posted: 01:48:39 10/06/2012
All Spyro games are easy, except the mini games in AHT and the Agent 9 mini games in YOTD.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#27 Posted: 14:03:15 10/06/2012
Quote: DarkCynder_543
All Spyro games are easy, except the mini games in AHT and the Agent 9 mini games in YOTD.

I think the mini games in AHT are relatively easy, the Blink ones can be challenging and are quite time consuming, and the Sparx challenges are quite difficult, but I can get the hang of them quite easily after a little while. To be honest, I think that the Agent 9 mini games aren't that bad in Spyro 3, I can get used to it pretty quickly.

It's interesting how I find these to be not so difficult, but you do, lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:43 10/06/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#28 Posted: 23:13:27 12/06/2012
I never really had too much difficulty with The Eternal Night, once I got used to it anyway. Honestly, I'm surprised no one mentioned Season of Ice. That game had a rape difficulty and was, by far, one of the hardest Spyro games ever to appear on a handheld system. Finding all those gems was a pain without a map and you weren't allowed to die once in a level or else the objectives would restart. I'd go as far as to say it was the hardest game in the whole series. (Don't get me wrong, Season of Ice was a decent game, but it was hard as ****.)

The easiest game, I'd say, would be Spyro 1. Had to be the easiest game I ever played on the PS1, even though the game was still awesome.
#29 Posted: 20:12:08 14/06/2012
Quote: Winston1
I never really had too much difficulty with The Eternal Night, once I got used to it anyway. Honestly, I'm surprised no one mentioned Season of Ice. That game had a rape difficulty and was, by far, one of the hardest Spyro games ever to appear on a handheld system. Finding all those gems was a pain without a map and you weren't allowed to die once in a level or else the objectives would restart. I'd go as far as to say it was the hardest game in the whole series. (Don't get me wrong, Season of Ice was a decent game, but it was hard as ****.)

The easiest game, I'd say, would be Spyro 1. Had to be the easiest game I ever played on the PS1, even though the game was still awesome.

I haven't really played any of the Spyro games on the handheld to be honest, so I for one wouldn't really know.

Spyro 1 is pretty easy through most of it, the parts where it would get challenging would be the flight levels, and the odd occasion where a dragon is well hidden or hard to get to, a few of the egg thieves can be awkward as well. But for the most part, it is really easy.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#30 Posted: 22:05:45 14/06/2012
Easiest- A New Beginning

Hardest- The Eternal Night
#31 Posted: 22:07:03 14/06/2012
Quote: wanderist
Easiest- A New Beginning

Hardest- The Eternal Night

Wow, I'm shocked that you think ANB is the easiest one, I find that one to be quite challenging.
#32 Posted: 22:15:54 14/06/2012
It was at times, but I still thought it was pretty easy compared to the other ones I had played. I only got stuck once and it took me less then a month to beat.
#33 Posted: 22:36:11 14/06/2012
It was at times, but I still thought it was pretty easy compared to the other ones I had played. I only got stuck once and it took me less then a month to beat.

That's true actually, but each level, there would be at least one spot where I would be stuck for quite a while but funnily enough, it took about two weeks to beat first time round. I understand where you're coming from, but to me, there are others that are easier.
#34 Posted: 22:44:26 14/06/2012
Well, I'm better at TLOS where you simply have to get to the end of the level then the classics where you have to collect everything, so that's why I find TLOS easier then those, and ANB was the easiest out of the trilogy for me.

BTW, have you noticed our posts are repeating themselves or is that just my computer?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fixed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:09 14/06/2012 by wanderist
#35 Posted: 22:55:49 14/06/2012
Well, I'm better at TLOS where you simply have to get to the end of the level then the classics where you have to collect everything, so that's why I find TLOS easier then those, and ANB was the easiest out of the trilogy for me.

BTW, have you noticed our posts are repeating themselves or is that just my computer?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fixed.

Fair enough, in my opinion, I struggle with the LoS series as a whole, two things, the boredom layout of the level and the combat system that I can rarely get used to. Whereas with the Classics, I've worked out the best way of collecting everything. So I'm basically the opposite to you, lol.

Nope, I never saw them repeat, but then again, like you say, it's fixed now.
#36 Posted: 22:59:22 14/06/2012
I love the levels and combat system in TLOS, but I like the levels and whatnot in the classics too... I just suck at collecting everything in each level. smilie
#37 Posted: 23:03:28 14/06/2012
I love the levels and combat system in TLOS, but I like the levels and whatnot in the classics too... I just suck at collecting everything in each level. smilie

Lol, I guess you're one of those that misses the odd gem in a level and it feels like it takes forever to look for it, or it takes you forever to beat an orb challenge and you feel like to lose the will to live with it, I know those feelings, I've been through it, over and over, and now it seems that I've perfected the games almost, so I guess that's why I enjoy them more so than LoS.
#38 Posted: 17:04:04 17/06/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Lol, I guess you're one of those that misses the odd gem in a level and it feels like it takes forever to look for it, or it takes you forever to beat an orb challenge and you feel like to lose the will to live with it, I know those feelings, I've been through it, over and over, and now it seems that I've perfected the games almost, so I guess that's why I enjoy them more so than LoS.

Yeah, me too when I was a little kid, for that reason I love playing the Classics because it were more Challenging.
---
#39 Posted: 21:09:27 17/06/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Yeah, me too when I was a little kid, for that reason I love playing the Classics because it were more Challenging.

I think that some parts are challenging and some are easy in the classics, but for LoS, most of it is annoying and very few of it is challenging enough. It's mostly frustrating for me.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#40 Posted: 00:18:39 20/06/2012
Hmmm... to be honest, as some of you have mentioned earlier in the messages on this particular topic, I don't find any of the Spyro games (note that I only own games that have been released on PS1 and PS2) hard - maybe challenging in some parts but not hard.

But if I must say which Spyro game is the toughest cookie, it's got to be ETD. I mean, this game mostly has very simple and easy gameplay pattern and no-brainer missions. But the quality that makes this game harder, compared to its fellow Spyro games, is that it is rushed, and glitchy. The animation is not that smooth and simple which makes completing missions, which demand accuracy (like that beehive blasting in Honey Marsh), almost like living hell. So in case of ETD the game's flaws in programming make this one the hardest.

Easiest Spyro games have to be the TLoS trilogy. Mainly just smashing buttons with no actual brain work does the trick. That doesn't still mean that they wouldn't be great games. I personally like to play ANB and TEN over and over again (Krome and Sierra had something beautiful going on).

Wow, that was my first message to this forums in a dragon's age. I have read the forums actively but now I just felt like writing for a change and make myself useful for once in a while. Summer is here and little vacation is drawing near. I’ll see if I can squeeze in opinion or a two for some other topics as well. smilie
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#41 Posted: 16:00:28 20/06/2012
Easiest-Spyro The Dragon
Hardest- Season Of Ice
How come nobody else mentioned Season Of Ice as the hardest game yet?
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#42 Posted: 04:18:12 22/06/2012
Quote: Kariana
Easiest-Spyro The Dragon
Hardest- Season Of Ice
How come nobody else mentioned Season Of Ice as the hardest game yet?

o.0 WOW, For me Season of Fire it's harder than Season of Ice >.<
---
#43 Posted: 05:26:32 25/06/2012
I hate TEN.
---
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#44 Posted: 19:14:37 28/06/2012
dude, 3 hours and 44 minutes!?
Eight years...Beast Makers...I'm ashamed smilie
Although I got through Sunrise Spring and Midday Gardens in an hour. Without Spike blocking me I would have finished the game in an hour. No, that's a lie: I forgot Agent 9's Ninja Shooting bit in Fireworks Factory...
My cousin owes me 10 Spyro lives for sitting there watching and laughing as I get ambushed by ninjas.
smilie
#45 Posted: 17:11:54 30/06/2012
Quote: ilovespyro11
Although I got through Sunrise Spring and Midday Gardens in an hour. Without Spike blocking me I would have finished the game in an hour. No, that's a lie: I forgot Agent 9's Ninja Shooting bit in Fireworks Factory...
My cousin owes me 10 Spyro lives for sitting there watching and laughing as I get ambushed by ninjas.
smilie

o.0 What? xD
---
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#46 Posted: 23:37:48 30/06/2012
Easiest- A New Beginning (Not to mention possibly the shortest, too.)

Hardest: Ripto's Rage
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#47 Posted: 20:18:38 01/07/2012
Easiest: All the PS1 games and Season of Flame

Hardest: Season of Ice and all LoS games.
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#48 Posted: 09:03:55 30/07/2012
smilie

o.0 What? xD

I've has StD for eight years and Im only at Beast Makers. YOTD is probably the easiest in my opinion, and without Your Doomed and Your Still Doomed and Spike I probably could finish the game in a matter of hours. It took me five years but now all that's left is the skill points
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#49 Posted: 11:26:54 30/07/2012
Hardest: Season of Ice. A poor game overall, very cheap level design, and an unfair amount of enemies, but mostly due to infuriating controls. I've never even attempted to complete it, it is just too boring for the difficulty.

Easiest: Skylanders. Laughably easy, you can just plow through the whole game with anything, there are tons of glitches to exploit, and even the last levels aren't difficult at all for Skylanders with NO upgrades or levels.
#50 Posted: 13:29:10 30/07/2012
smilie

o.0 What? xD

I've has StD for eight years and Im only at Beast Makers. YOTD is probably the easiest in my opinion, and without Your Doomed and Your Still Doomed and Spike I probably could finish the game in a matter of hours. It took me five years but now all that's left is the skill points

I see, you should get the skill points, to see the "Secret" smilie
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me