darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here!
First | Previous | Page 10 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here! [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#451 Posted: 18:02:55 02/06/2012
Quote: faunatic
because faun likes to talk in third person. faun feels it is a good way to make faun think before faun speaks and it keeps faun polite even when faun would rather not be. it has been working quite well for faun. smilie

No offense, but your third person talk just sounds like you're way below the age of 9. Also the numerous uses of the word 'faun' in your sentences can get a little annoying...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:15:35 02/06/2012 by Aura24
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#452 Posted: 19:17:06 02/06/2012
faun doesn't mind if you think that. everyone is entitled to everyone's own thoughts. faun is pretty sure most nine-year-olds do not have faun's vocabulary. you can ignore faun's comments if it bothers you so much. :) it won't bother faun if people don't want to read what faun has to say. faun is, after all, mostly just here for the news.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#453 Posted: 19:21:07 02/06/2012
Failinhearts says its ok to talk like this, failinhearts thinks that its fun and amusing to people yet it can be annoying to some people. Like the annoying orange! Failinhearts loves the annoying orange!
Hey! Failinhearts thinks its fun to talk like this!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#454 Posted: 19:28:21 02/06/2012
faun thanks failinhearts for the support and faun is glad faun isn't the only one who enjoys playing with english writing tropes. :)

faun also meant to say above that when people start with "no offense, but" they never have anything that isn't offensive or at least rude to say. faun thinks maybe more people should think harder about what they say before they say it, or at least consider being more polite about their words. just because one cannot see faun's face doesn't mean faun isn't a person. faun is quite certain no one would speak so to faun's face, even if faun spoke this way out loud (which faun sometimes does), and faun thinks that if one would not say a thing to a person's face then one shouldn't say nasty things in text just because a face is not there.

faun will get off faun's manners soapbox now. :D
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#455 Posted: 19:31:24 02/06/2012
D-Rex says know your role and shut your **** mouth! See, D-Rex and the millions

and millions!

of the Skylanders fans around the world are excited for the new Giants. Oh, D-Rex is ready. D-Rex is ready to lay the Skylander's elbow on Kaos' candy***!

IF YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT D-REX IS COOKIN'

*eyebrow raise*
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#456 Posted: 19:33:39 02/06/2012
faun has not had a laugh this good all day! faun thanks you, d-rex. :)

faun is definitely excited for skylanders giants and faun is looking forward to news from e3 soon. :)
#457 Posted: 19:42:08 02/06/2012
Okay, talking in third person is starting to get pretty annoying now... smilie

Anyways...

The biographies of Tree rex, Alchemist, and Jet-Vac have been revealed! Courtesy of Spyroflame for scanning pictures of Nintendo Power magazine, //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=48119

Jet-Vac
Jet-Vac was the greatest, most daring flying ace in all of Windham. He was given his magical wings when he was young, as was the tradition for all Sky Barons. But when his homeland was raided, he chose to sacrifice his wings to a young mother so she could fly her children to safety. This act of nobility caught the attention of Master Eon, who sought out the young Sky Baron and presented him with a gift - a powerful vacuum device that would allow him to soar through the skies once again. Jet-Vac accepted the gift with gratitude, and now daringly fights evil alongside the other Skylanders.

Pop Fizz
No one - not even Pop Fozz himself - is quite sure who Pop Fizz was before he became an alchemist. After many years of experimenting with magical potions, his appearance has changed significantly. In fact, no one even knows his original color. But it's common knowledge that he is a little crazy, his experiments are reckless, and the accidents they cause are too numerous to measure. Understandably, he has had a difficult time finding lab partners, or anyone who wants to be near him. In hopes of making himself more appealing, he attempted to create the most effective charm potion ever - but that just turned him into a big, wild berserker. Or maybe that's how he envisioned the potion working in the first place...

Tree Rex
Long ago before the Giants protected Skylands, Tree Rex was a majestic tree living peacefully in the ancient woods. But this tranquil peace came to an end when the Arkeyans built a nearby factory to produce war machines. After years of his soil being poisoned by the magic and tech waste from the factory, he mutated into who he is now - a powerful Giant who will crush anything that threatens the natural order of things.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:22 02/06/2012 by Aura24
#458 Posted: 20:24:49 02/06/2012
Those bios are awesome! But how did Pop fizz be a skylander?
---
#459 Posted: 20:29:14 02/06/2012
They didn't say. But they didn't say how Eruptor became a Skylander nor Zap, Drill Sergeant, Double Trouble...
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#460 Posted: 20:47:59 02/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Again, before people ask, I won't post anything on the name changes or characters that come with the game until we hear something directly from Activision or TFB.
#461 Posted: 21:10:33 02/06/2012
True, true.
---
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#462 Posted: 00:04:19 03/06/2012
Nintendo Power Scans
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#463 Posted: 00:11:57 03/06/2012
Got clearer ones over here man.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#464 Posted: 01:18:03 03/06/2012
I think I may be the only one who prefers Vac Eagle and Airgle (my favorite) to Jet-Vac. Oh well.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#465 Posted: 01:21:36 03/06/2012
we all prefer the name vac eagle and airgle... btw, im naming him vento falconi when i get him
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#466 Posted: 01:26:14 03/06/2012
Oh good. I'm pretty sure I saw posts saying they liked his official name, so I thought I was alone.

I'm actually starting to like Cynder's repose, which I hated at first. Isn't that nice?
#467 Posted: 01:33:48 03/06/2012
Quote: wanderist
Oh good. I'm pretty sure I saw posts saying they liked his official name, so I thought I was alone.

I'm actually starting to like Cynder's repose, which I hated at first. Isn't that nice?

ikr? the reposes arent looking too bad now, after the confirmation of how good they are. i might even grab one or two of em.
---
#468 Posted: 01:46:19 03/06/2012
Spyro isnt mentioned in Cynders bio like before! Why?!
---
#469 Posted: 01:46:57 03/06/2012
Yep. I'm grabbing my favorites (Spyro, Cynder who I apparently won't have to go hunting for, Whirlwind, Sunburn, and Zap) and maybe a few others if Mom lets me.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#470 Posted: 03:30:39 03/06/2012
I really like the new names. I think they are cool. Especially Pop Fizz.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#471 Posted: 03:34:25 03/06/2012
Confirmed info: new giant named Bouncer! He is the robot that everyone has been crazy about. Go to the topic I made or more info.
#472 Posted: 05:50:45 03/06/2012
Quote: Rand O M
Yes it's true, I was looking at the Gameinformer and long and behold the mysterious robot was there. His name is Bouncer and he is the tech giant. Here some background not his bio:

With his love for technology, you'd think Bouncer would originate from a lab or science experiment, but he was actually Skyland's version of a jock. He was a starrobo-ball player until the Arkeyan Empire destroyed his hometown and the robo-ball fields. The sport no longer exists. Bouncer's bid for revenge is fueled by his heavy fire power.

His attacks are shooting bullets from his fingers, rockets from shoulders, and laser eyes.

Secondly, Alex Ness describe giants as a "road trip" with Flynn driving you level to level. He also says you can customize the hub world just like skylanders. And that flynn's ship is basically where you are just like the island on SSA. Post more info and pics if you can guys!

Also it reveals who the giants went to earth. Apparently the new villans, the Areyans sent them to Earth and were buried or centuries. Then they were awakened when Kaos manages to reactivate an Arkeyan war machine.

i put the info here for convenience. anyways, the arkeyans are assumed to be the villains, as noted up there ^ it said since the arkeyans destroyed the robo-ball fields, bouncer wants revenge. of course, he joined the giants army for revenge on the arkeyans cause the giants are fighting the arkeyans! and it says up there that kaos activated an arkeyan war machine supposedly buried in africa...
---
#473 Posted: 06:28:44 03/06/2012
faun likes jet vac's official bio. faun wasn't very interested in him before, but now faun is giving him another look. :)

also, faun likes the small change to cynder's biography. faun was never very, er, fond of the legend games' treatment of cynder and faun feels that this small change in her skylanders back story makes cynder a stronger character; it implies that cynder saved herself from darkness instead of having to be rescued, and faun likes that muchly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:51:55 03/06/2012 by faunatic
#474 Posted: 07:04:34 03/06/2012
i likes jet vac's official bio. i wasn't very interested in him before, but now i am giving him another look. smilie

also, i likes the small change to cynder's biography. i was never very, er, fond of the legend games' treatment of cynder and i feel that this small change in her skylanders back story makes cynder a stronger character; it implies that cynder saved herself from darkness instead of having to be rescued, and i likes that muchly.

^Sorry, I just had to.

Yeah, I see they added some changes to Cynder's bio for Giants, but left out the mention of Spyro defeating her. In her bio for Spyro's Adventure, Spyro was the one who defeated Cynder and freed her from the control of the Undead Dragon King, Malefor.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:28:00 03/06/2012 by Aura24
#475 Posted: 08:13:25 03/06/2012
faun is not happy that you have rewritten what faun has said. :( that is very rude. would you like it if faun started rewriting everything you say so that you speak as faun speaks? being this rude is no way to make a friend. faun has already said that if you do not like how faun speaks, you can ignore faun. faun would prefer it if you did just that if all you are going to be is rude and offensive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:23:29 03/06/2012 by faunatic
#476 Posted: 08:55:04 03/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Yeah, I see they added some changes to Cynder's bio for Giants, but left out the mention of Spyro defeating her. In her bio for Spyro's Adventure, Spyro was the one who defeated Cynder and freed her from the control of the Undead Dragon King, Malefor.

Actually, that's the modified bio. It's the slightly different one that's on S:SU
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#477 Posted: 09:17:08 03/06/2012
Quote: Aura24
i likes jet vac's official bio. i wasn't very interested in him before, but now i am giving him another look. smilie

also, i likes the small change to cynder's biography. i was never very, er, fond of the legend games' treatment of cynder and i feel that this small change in her skylanders back story makes cynder a stronger character; it implies that cynder saved herself from darkness instead of having to be rescued, and i likes that muchly.

^Sorry, I just had to.

Oh, great, another excuse for people to be all "SPYRO IZ NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER!!!1!!!!"
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#478 Posted: 09:29:38 03/06/2012
faun thought everybody was aware of that already, what with skylanders being about all the characters and the players' relationship with the characters the player owns.
#479 Posted: 10:09:43 03/06/2012 | Topic Creator
faun thought everybody was aware of that already, what with skylanders being about all the characters and the players' relationship with the characters the player owns.

Quote: Rules
Don't post in a disruptive manner.

Now will you stop?
#480 Posted: 10:36:48 03/06/2012
lol, bionicle, if sitting here at my desk, chuckling ever-so-loudly at this hilarious conversation between the two of you
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#481 Posted: 13:55:29 03/06/2012
Ugh, those names! Is this some secret way of gtting sponsors from other comapainies? Seriously, Pop Fizz sounds like a soda brand and Jet Vac sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Anyway... @ D-Rex: But he's not though, his name's not even in the title.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:58:22 03/06/2012 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#482 Posted: 14:36:42 03/06/2012
He is named Jet-Vac probably because he uses a vacuum device to fight evil, SpyroLUVA, if you read the bio.

faun is not happy that you have rewritten what faun has said. smilie that is very rude. would you like it if faun started rewriting everything you say so that you speak as faun speaks? being this rude is no way to make a friend. faun has already said that if you do not like how faun speaks, you can ignore faun. faun would prefer it if you did just that if all you are going to be is rude and offensive.

How is correcting your sentences considered rude? Also the forum rules state that 'don't post in a disruptive manner', like speaking in third person with you having to save faun every ten times in a paragraph.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:40:08 03/06/2012 by Aura24
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#483 Posted: 17:24:27 03/06/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Ugh, those names! Is this some secret way of gtting sponsors from other comapainies? Seriously, Pop Fizz sounds like a soda brand and Jet Vac sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Anyway... @ D-Rex: But he's not though, his name's not even in the title.

I think Jet-Vac is a good name, but Pop Fizz does sound like that. I prefer Airgle and Alchemist.
---
Bring the Fanta
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#484 Posted: 17:29:45 03/06/2012
Hey bionicle you should update this sine the un-named tech giant out
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
#485 Posted: 17:30:27 03/06/2012
Bouncer?^
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#486 Posted: 17:42:53 03/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: azz01
Hey bionicle you should update this sine the un-named tech giant out

I'll add of his existence, but I won't add his name until we hear something official from Activision/TFB. Magazines aren't that reliable. After all, one magazine said that the now supposedly 'Jet-Vac' was called 'Airgle' - a magazine from only last month.

I've learned my lesson since then.
#487 Posted: 17:44:11 03/06/2012
Well it was a german magazine, bio. Airgle was possibly Jet-Vac's german name.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:47:11 03/06/2012 by Aura24
#488 Posted: 17:48:10 03/06/2012
so far, only aura24 and bionicle2809 have complained about faun's speaking. and faun is not the one who has gone completely off topic over something so inconsequential. faun is pretty sure the rule about being disruptive means to not be rude or bully other members or use offensive language, none of which faun has done to faun's knowledge. as faun has said, if faun's manner of speech bothers anyone, then anyone is free to ignore faun. it is simple as that. faun will carry on as faun wishes unless faun is told to stop by the site moderator. you can ignore faun as faun will ignore you from now on.

every time faun sees the new tech skylander's name faun thinks of the song "ode to the bouncer". :)
#489 Posted: 17:51:18 03/06/2012
so far, only aura24 and bionicle2809 have complained about my speaking. and i am not the one who has gone completely off topic over something so inconsequential. i am pretty sure the rule about being disruptive means to not be rude or bully other members or use offensive language, none of which i have done to my knowledge. as i had said, if my manner of speech bothers anyone, then anyone is free to ignore me. it is simple as that. i will carry on as faun wishes unless i am told to stop by the site moderator. you can ignore me as I will ignore you from now on.

Enough with the number of fauns...! Ugh.. it's getting annoying, you obviously didn't read the forum rules fully. And we're not being rude, we're trying to help you, yet you're being defensive.

Don't post in a disruptive manner.
Writing entirely in captials, alternating capitals, captials at the start of every word, bold, italic or 1337 speek will be deleted or edited as it makes it difficult to read and is pointless to post in such a manner.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:52:01 03/06/2012 by Aura24
#490 Posted: 17:53:26 03/06/2012
Actually, that rule is referring to using all caps and whatnot. Actually look at the rules. Dark didn't say anything about talking in third person (probably because he didn't think anyone would do it). I don't know if you're actually violating that rule. But if Faun here wants to talk like that, I don't really see a problem. Unless of course Dark agrees that he's doing something wrong, but I guess we'll never know.

Anyway, I kinda hope Bouncer isn't the tech giant's official name... It just dosen't make that much sense to me.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:55:19 03/06/2012 by wanderist
#491 Posted: 17:54:54 03/06/2012
Actually, that rule is referring to using all caps and whatnot. Actually look at the rules. Dark didn't say anything about talking in third person (probably because he didn't think anyone would do it). I don't know if you're actually violating that rule.

Anyway, I kinda hope Bouncer isn't the tech giant's official name... It just dosen't make that much sense to me.

Same here.
---
Bring the Fanta
#492 Posted: 17:56:53 03/06/2012
Actually, that rule is referring to using all caps and whatnot. Actually look at the rules. Dark didn't say anything about talking in third person (probably because he didn't think anyone would do it). I don't know if you're actually violating that rule. But if Faun here wants to talk like that, I don't really see a problem. Unless of course Dark agrees that he's doing something wrong, but I guess we'll never know.

If you're used to someone say their own name every 20 times in a paragraph or so..
---
#493 Posted: 17:59:12 03/06/2012
faun thanks wanderist for that bit of clarification; faun was going to say it if someone else didn't. :) if dark talks to faun, then faun will stop or leave or do something else, but faun is not in violation of that rule as it stands. faun thanks you all for trying to be helpful and faun apologizes for being prickly about it.
#494 Posted: 18:00:25 03/06/2012
It's kinda odd, I know... But as far as I'm concerned, he's not actually doing anything wrong. At least not unless dark or any mod (which there are none, as you know) says otherwise.

Quote: TheSpyrofan12
Actually, that rule is referring to using all caps and whatnot. Actually look at the rules. Dark didn't say anything about talking in third person (probably because he didn't think anyone would do it). I don't know if you're actually violating that rule.

Same here.

Oh good, I'm not alone.

I'm guessing it's because he has one wheel maybe? Like that whatever you call it stick thing that bounces? What is it called, a pogo stick? I can't remember...
#495 Posted: 18:03:02 03/06/2012
It's kinda odd, I know... But as far as I'm concerned, he's not actually doing anything wrong. At least not unless dark or any mod (which there are none, as you know) says otherwise.

Quote: TheSpyrofan12

Same here.

Oh good, I'm not alone.

I'm guessing it's because he has one wheel maybe? Like that whatever you call it stick thing that bounces? What is it called, a pogo stick? I can't remember...

Yeah, pogo stick. I fhe was on that it would make more sence. Might as well call him 'Wheeler'.
---
Bring the Fanta
#496 Posted: 18:04:27 03/06/2012
Wheeler is probably a suitable name for a normal-sized Skylander lol
---
#497 Posted: 19:29:54 03/06/2012
Bionicle2809 i need to tell you that i heard something from the wired website saying ALL 32 FIGURES WILL GET REMODELED! Just saying.
---
#498 Posted: 20:03:32 03/06/2012

"hard to read and pointless to post like that."
and i think bouncer may be, all the giants names are stupid.
---
#499 Posted: 20:04:12 03/06/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
Bionicle2809 i need to tell you that i heard something from the wired website saying ALL 32 FIGURES WILL GET REMODELED! Just saying.

Uh... That's been known for a while now.
---
Bring the Fanta
#500 Posted: 20:06:00 03/06/2012
Quote: Failinhearts

i thought it was only 24: if adventure pack exclusives were remodeled then it would just make no sense. and the other four not remodeled i would guess would be the light up ones.
---
First | Previous | Page 10 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me