darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here!
First | Previous | Page 9 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Giants (15/08/12) - Post discovered info here! [CLOSED]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#401 Posted: 06:57:20 29/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: cmut
Having something of a question and a dissenting opinion to the popular negative one means I'm the one who should leave. Indeed. How mature of you.

Wow. I was going to give you some credibility before that unnecessarily nasty last line destroyed your argument. I wasn't even phrasing anything rudely in my original comment, just making an observation. Even if you are right, there's no need to be rude about it and being so rude has invalidated what you've said. Just because we aren't talking face to face doesn't mean it's okay to be so outrageously discourteous.

It's possible that there's a limit to what can be modified in the old toys. There's also incentivisation to consider: if people are going to rebuy some of the characters they already have, why not give them some extra reasons in-game to make that purchase?*

Entitled fans are never pleased. First there was mass whining that there was nothing extra about the new toys beyond their models.** Now all the whining is about the old toys not having the upgrades of the new toys.

*Yes, you should all be glad that you're going to have to spend more money on figures again. I assumed the idea of remodels was to keep the original characters in circulation so you could still buy them for the first game when they discontinued the Series 1 models - in fact because I thought this I was planning to buy some of the characters I didn't already own. Of course, I'm fully aware as to why Activision would want to do it, but there's already an intensive for people to buy the remodeled versions without this new addition.

**There wasn't 'mass whining' when people thought they didn't do anything extra, most people just thought the same that I did (to buy remodels of characters they don't yet own). I haven't seen one person who complained that the remodels didn't offer anything new.
cmut Green Sparx Gems: 143
#402 Posted: 08:43:21 29/05/2012
I'm not actually sure what you're saying in that first paragraph, friend. It appears to be a sort of logic no company on earth has or would ever employ, but I can't be certain. Nobody has to buy anything they don't want. That's been the point of Skylanders from the start. If you do want to buy the new remodels, though, they have some extra perks. If you don't, your old figures will still work and have a bit of an upgrade, too. Still not seeing why so many people are getting their feathers ruffled over this.

I'm sure this is nothing, then. As are any of the numerous other topics and posts that sprang up upon the announcement of Giants complaining about the remodels. I'm not sure what Spyro forum you've been visiting where nobody has been complaining, but it's sure not this one. It's sounds nice, though. I'd rather enjoy a fan forum like that.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#403 Posted: 10:27:23 29/05/2012
I think I see a cycle forming. Three games before thingsgo wrong (ie. changes in management/dissent among fans) then it's time for a change up. Maybe not after just three games again like the last two times, but honestly, how long can the gouging and money grubbing that drives Skylanders last? The saddest thing is that Skylanders is a pretty good game, but the fact that I need to buy more toys to get 100 percent is the main thing that made me put it down. I might get Dragon's Peak if I can ever find it, but beyond that I don't think I can abide the repeated dips into my account that Skylanders requires.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#404 Posted: 12:32:49 29/05/2012
Quote: dark52
Wow, that sucks. They're really going to make it so the reposed figures get new powers but the originals don't? Terrible, terrible decision. smilie

I'm not very tech savvy but I would imagine that Activision giving the old skylanders new powers would be a bit hard. Besides, Activision had to make some kind of change or basically buyers would be getting a the same figure in a new pose
#405 Posted: 14:42:28 29/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: cmut
I'm sure this is nothing, then. As are any of the numerous other topics and posts that sprang up upon the announcement of Giants complaining about the remodels. I'm not sure what Spyro forum you've been visiting where nobody has been complaining, but it's sure not this one. It's sounds nice, though. I'd rather enjoy a fan forum like that.

That topic has nothing to do with what I said. You said that you saw people complain when people thought the remodels were useless and offered nothing extra to the game

Quote:
First there was mass whining that there was nothing extra about the new toys beyond their models

You provided me with a topic of people complaining about the fact that people disagree that only the remodels should benefit from new upgrades - if anything you just supported my argument.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#406 Posted: 03:35:30 30/05/2012
i wish everyone will stop arguing (or having a conversation with quite different opinions), we should just leave it at: buy giants, new figures, screw rereleased ones, consider light up figures. This topic should be all we know about giants, and we pretty much covered everything activision is planning on confirming/releasing-knowledge-to-public. arguments really arent getting us anywhere and it just covers space. just PM each other. i hope this stirs up no hate and simplifies things.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#407 Posted: 06:37:56 30/05/2012
faun agrees with you. arguing over toys is silly and childish. a corporation will do what it will do. faun thinks alex ness sounded sincere and that this was a thought through decision. faun doesn't really care how grouchy it makes some, faun is planning to buy the remodels for skylanders faun likes, the same as faun only bought the skylanders faun wanted when faun got the first game and did not worry if faun didn't have a complete collection of them all.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 14104
#408 Posted: 12:02:59 30/05/2012
Skylanders Mega Bloks!?

http://www.marketwatch.com/sto...12-05-30-718300

[User Posted Image]
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:06:33 30/05/2012 by dark52
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#409 Posted: 14:49:33 30/05/2012
Oh god Megabloks. I don't like them very much..I'm more of a Lego guy myself. I always remember distinctively that Megabloks never really held together well. But, hopefully that's all changed since I was younger.

They look really nice though. Pretty detailed for glorified bricks. And it looks to me like they're articulated too, which if so..is absolutely amazing.

AND A SHEEP PIECE? Sweet Jesus.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#410 Posted: 15:36:33 30/05/2012
Quote: dark52

Wow. Looks like they're actually starting to expand it further than video game toys.
---
Bring the Fanta
#411 Posted: 20:03:57 30/05/2012
Skylanders is apparently going to add some content onto the Giants site next week some time, according to the post they just made on a comment.

[User Posted Image]

It'll probably be whatever they reveal at e3 though, which occurs this time next week. Would be cool though if we get to see all the characters and Giants.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#412 Posted: 21:58:30 30/05/2012
^They did the same with the SSA website around E3.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Soul_Stealer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1579
#413 Posted: 09:02:39 31/05/2012
I can't wait for the info they release at e3 and I'm with spyroflame that would be awesome 😜
dbaez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1242
#414 Posted: 18:57:58 31/05/2012
Has anyone seen the June 2012 issue of Nintendo Power? They have a Giants article on pages 16-17. Some info is stuff we have already heard rumors about. Other info is new to me that I found interesting. Here are the highlights:

- Old Skylanders can be raised to level 15
- New reposes will work on the old game
- Upgradeable powers for the reposes called "Wow Pow" & the ability to follow different upgrade paths
- Vac-Eagle/Airgle is caled "Jet-Vac"
- Alchemist is called "Pop Fizz"
- Starter pack for 3DS will have game & portal with Tree Rex, Cynder repose, and Pop Fizz (Alchemist)
- Console starter version will have game & portal with Tree Rex, Cynder repose, and Jet-Vac (Vac-Eagle/Airgle)
- Booster pack with game (no portal) will only have Tree Rex? This is different from what we were previously told
- Article stated that SOME of the Giants would have the light up features. This is also different from previous information

Not sure if I'm ready to take all this info as fact. But Nintendo Power stated they are getting exclusive info from Activision, so I assume it is correct. Hopefully E3 coverage will provide more solid details.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:47:04 31/05/2012 by dbaez2
#415 Posted: 19:26:15 31/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: dbaez2
Has anyone seen the June 2012 issue of Nintendo Power? They have a Giants article on pages 16-17. Some info is stuff we have already heard rumors about. Other info is new to me that I found interesting. Here are the highlights:

- Upgradeable powers for the reposes called "Wow Pow" & the ability to follow different upgrade paths
- Started pack for 3DS will have game & portal with Tree Rex, Cynder repose, and Pop Fizz (Alchemist)
- Console starter version will have game & portal with Tree Rex, Cynder repose, and Jet-Vac (Vac-Eagle/Airgle)
- Booster pack with game (no portal) will only have Tree Rex? This is different from what we were previously told
- Article stated that SOME of the Giants would have the light up features. This is also different from previous information

Not sure if I'm ready to take all this info as fact. But Nintendo Power stated they are getting exclusive info from Activision, so I assume it is correct. Hopefully E3 coverage will provide more solid details.

That doesn't really make any sense, last they said that they were glad they'd be able to release a version of the game without the portal because it means that they'd manufacture less - why would they limit what we can do? If not 3 Skylanders, they should at least include the reposed Cynder as well so we can have a normal Skylander that has the extra upgrades.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#416 Posted: 19:29:54 31/05/2012

- Started pack for 3DS will have game & portal with Tree Rex, Cynder repose, and Pop Fizz (Alchemist)

Really?
---
Bring the Fanta
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#417 Posted: 19:50:21 31/05/2012
pop fizz? what is it a cereal maskot?
---
THE END IS NEAR
#418 Posted: 00:24:19 01/06/2012
"Jet-Vac"? "Pop Fizz"?

WHY

Hopefully Nintendo Power is just....wrong on this. I like their magazine, but...eh. It sounds too far fetched to be legit.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#419 Posted: 01:06:14 01/06/2012
Quote: nitendofan92
pop fizz? what is it a cereal maskot?

SNAP CRAKCLE POP
RICE KRISPIES!

I had to.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#420 Posted: 01:16:04 01/06/2012
Note if nobody said it before: Old figures can go to level 15 new figures can go to level 15, remodels will get a special upgrade and that remodels will work in SSA
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#421 Posted: 02:41:44 01/06/2012
^

- Starter pack for 3DS will have game & portal with Tree Rex, Cynder repose, and Pop Fizz (Alchemist)

---
looks like ive got some things to do...
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#422 Posted: 09:11:23 01/06/2012
I...

I kinda really like the name Pop Fizz. It takes the Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde potions gimmick and turns it into a wacky cartoony soda themed parody. I'm really happy he's going to be in the 3DS starter pack as that's the version I'll be picking up first.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:18:18 01/06/2012 by D-Rex
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#423 Posted: 09:42:11 01/06/2012
[quote=dbaez2
- Console starter version will have game & portal with Tree Rex, Cynder repose, and Jet-Vac[/quote]

Skylanders Giants: Cynders Adventure

In another sense wouldn't it be more logical to have Spyro in there then Cynder, it be like putting moneybags on the cover of every spyro game
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#424 Posted: 11:23:54 01/06/2012
I'm 100% positive they won't put Cynder (and probably not even Tree Rex) in both the console and 3DS Starter Packs. They wouldn't be that mean to those of us that are planning to buy both.

Nintendo Power are probably just wrong. Again. As usual.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:24:43 01/06/2012 by FireMeowth
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#425 Posted: 16:00:53 01/06/2012
I would not be surprised if this news leads to a Dark Cynder like the Dark Spyro variant in the first game. Just changing the new figure in the 3DS packs is going to irritate fans making an in game colored version variant of cynder may pacify most. I know I just started this rumor, but the concept of a Dark Cynder would be cool.
#426 Posted: 22:05:06 01/06/2012
THE NAMES SUCK! CHANGE THEM BACK! CHANGE THEM BACK! CHANGE THEM BACK!
---
#427 Posted: 22:07:15 01/06/2012
Gosh, Failing, can you be anymore immature? smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#428 Posted: 22:07:22 01/06/2012
New Tech Giant?
[User Posted Image]
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#429 Posted: 22:10:25 01/06/2012
Seeing how tall he is, I'm guessing yes. Found from here: http://www.g4tv.com/images/465...eenshots/77739/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:20:51 01/06/2012 by Aura24
#430 Posted: 22:15:37 01/06/2012
Sorry, my sister went on my account again and gone crazy!
---
#431 Posted: 22:16:46 01/06/2012
Now how many times have I seen that excuse on these forums?
---
#432 Posted: 22:19:06 01/06/2012
People think what they want to think........
---
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#433 Posted: 01:10:58 02/06/2012
This October!!!
http://investor.activision.com...eleaseID=679073
#434 Posted: 01:12:34 02/06/2012
It was said before that Giants will be released this October...
---
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#435 Posted: 01:20:29 02/06/2012
Quote: Aura24
It was said before that Giants will be released this October...

They said fall, now they are really saying October
#436 Posted: 01:53:31 02/06/2012
From the picture that One of Swords posted with the countdown meter, we knew it was going to be released sometime in October, potentially around the 21st.
---
#437 Posted: 02:58:37 02/06/2012
Oh yeah, THAT countdown meter, where did they find it anywhere?
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#438 Posted: 03:40:08 02/06/2012
Hmmm.... the old skylanders won't get the new abilities. Whatever to be honest, the old Skylanders are sill going to be better design wise than these new punks. I refuse to buy the remodels.

Sounds reasonable actually and thankfully shows that they won't be having too many characters exclusive to the start pack. I hope it's true because I'd rather not have a repose at all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:54:25 02/06/2012 by Hexin_Wishes
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#439 Posted: 04:12:46 02/06/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Hmmm.... the old skylanders won't get the new abilities. Whatever to be honest, the old Skylanders are sill going to be better design wise than these new punks. I refuse to buy the remodels.

Sounds reasonable actually and thankfully shows that they won't be having too many characters exclusive to the start pack. I hope it's true because I'd rather not have a repose at all.

i find it funny ow you say the old ones are better looking than the reposes even though you haven't seen all the reposes yet, only 2 or 3.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#440 Posted: 05:16:37 02/06/2012

Ok just no. I HOPE they do not do that to us. I hope we don't get only tree Rex as the figure. And cynder as the repose Skylander? Really?!?!?! Ok now I can see Cynder for the non portal pack but for the starter pack for newbies. I thought Spyro had a "special" role in this game. I hope this is fixed because I will be ticked if tree Rex is the only skylander in the pack cuz I ain't getting the newbie pack.
#441 Posted: 05:20:01 02/06/2012
You're basing this on just the starter pack, Random, not the storyline of Giants. Spyro is said to have a role in the story of the game itself, not in packs.
---
#442 Posted: 11:44:16 02/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Most of the information from Nintendo Power isn't accurate - a lot of it doesn't fit anything we've been told before - so I'm not going to change the first post until we hear some official information from Activision or TFB directly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:46:12 02/06/2012 by bionicle2809
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5399
#443 Posted: 12:32:21 02/06/2012
I don't care about the Cynder repose, but "Air-Vac" and "Pop Fizz" had better be obtainable outside their bloody starter packs. Exclusivity between versions that isn't an obtainable variant just isn't on.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#444 Posted: 14:26:46 02/06/2012
Quote: Aura24
You're basing this on just the starter pack, Random, not the storyline of Giants. Spyro is said to have a role in the story of the game itself, not in packs.

Yes I know. I'm implying that spyro should be in the starter pack because of his role seeming how it's special, but we have to wait for E3. Ok I didn't know what you meant and the first, didn't read it carefully,nut know I do. I will still buy the game regardless, but I want more figures because they lower the price by $10 just to get rid of two figures and a portal. We still have to wait for E3 though for final conformation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:47:39 02/06/2012 by Rand O M
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#445 Posted: 14:43:52 02/06/2012
Airgle and alchemist were way better names pop fizz bothers me the most
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#446 Posted: 15:12:28 02/06/2012
faun is okay with jet-vac. faun thought airgle kind of sounded like the noise faun would make if faun was trying to say "airplane" and swallowed a bug. :D faun is okay with pop-fizz, too, mostly because there is only one alchemist to faun's mind and he is busy being the second-most annoying orb challenge in spyro 2. :D
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#447 Posted: 15:34:43 02/06/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
"Jet-Vac"? "Pop Fizz"?

WHY

Hopefully Nintendo Power is just....wrong on this. I like their magazine, but...eh. It sounds too far fetched to be legit.

I agree. Alchemist is better it makes more sense and sounds cooler IMO. Pop Fizz sounds like a soda based Skylander. And Airgle was a pun (Air+Eagle= Airgle), but it sounded cool and is still way better than Jet Vac. That name doesn't even make sense!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#448 Posted: 15:45:11 02/06/2012
Jet vac sounds like jet pack, its a pun to.
I hope pop fizz is just alchemist's catch phrase
---
#449 Posted: 17:01:40 02/06/2012
Quote: faunatic
faun is okay with jet-vac. faun thought airgle kind of sounded like the noise faun would make if faun was trying to say "airplane" and swallowed a bug. smilie faun is okay with pop-fizz, too, mostly because there is only one alchemist to faun's mind and he is busy being the second-most annoying orb challenge in spyro 2. smilie

Why are you talking in third person?
---
#450 Posted: 17:49:51 02/06/2012
because faun likes to talk in third person. faun feels it is a good way to make faun think before faun speaks and it keeps faun polite even when faun would rather not be. it has been working quite well for faun. :)
First | Previous | Page 9 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me