Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > I Need A Good Artist! makin' of a Spyro comic!
Page 1 of 1
I Need A Good Artist! makin' of a Spyro comic! [CLOSED]
draconicMIND1 Blue Sparx Gems: 783
#1 Posted: 09:38:41 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I have two stories in my FF trilogy. I have always wondere what they would be like as a High Quality comic book, done by a professional or just a good hobbyist. It could be a triditional, done with pencils and a scanner, or a digital comic, done with some sorta art program.

I'd do this myself, but, being severely autistic, I can't draw to save my species. I can write OK, but painting and sketching literally...I'm beyond bad. You'd think i was 4.

I will provide the link and my email adress(should you need it by any chance).

My stories in question contain a few infrequent M/F adult situation--pussy-licking, vaginal intercourse, dirty puns and etc. I will need an artist who isn't afraid of those catagories. My story also contains mild violence and mild war themes. I create a race of humanoid-trolls in the story. They are the...erm..whata yah call 'em...protagonists I think...I need a thesuras!

I will provide the link of my 1st story. You can read it and either leave an anymouse review on my story with your email adress in code(not needing a FF account to do so) or you could email me or just PM me here either way.

I have always wondered what my story would look like in picture form. If you make it, all I ask from you is that you tell your viewers on Herpy or deviantart, wherever you post pictures, that it's of my story on fanfiction and nothing more smilie. That is THE only catch. That is ALL I ask.

the link to my story and my email(in code) are just below. If cannot handle adult content, then please don't read it. You may however find my story-line enthralling, enchanting, facinating...I'm rambling oon again. Why idi my mom have to have an afair with Volteer?! Thanks mom. Not I'm full of electricity and I stutter too much!

It's just past this spoiler. My email and story link.

My FF nam is deviantMIND1. and so it shall remain. All I askof you, th artist, is o tell your viewers that it is my story in art form. Honest smilie

g l e n . b o y 1 ? l i v e . c o m
take out the spaces and replace the (?) with (@).

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/74...n_b_of_bBlood_b

I am desperate to have a comic made o' me story
---
They say marrying a dragon was mistake. What do they know? <laughes sinisterly>

"Pwwr. This coffee smells like ****"~~ Austin Powers
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:31:45 03/05/2012 by draconicMIND1
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#2 Posted: 09:50:56 12/04/2012
I would help you, I really would, just I don't really get very committed when making comics.
I tried to make a comic once, but I never ended up finishing it.
If I was more committed, I really would help, I just don't want to let you down.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#3 Posted: 13:38:36 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
But you could be one of the best artists among Spyro fans. You could draw one of my OC's like Helix or one of his sisters. Or the humanoid-troll, Shigi.
---

miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4260
#4 Posted: 12:35:34 14/04/2012
I could try but expect slowness. I don't mind but my parents do.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8109
#5 Posted: 18:35:01 22/04/2012
Not trying to sound like an ass here, but...
BRO.
Don't go begging for people to draw you some comics.
DO. IT. YOURSELF.
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#6 Posted: 20:22:36 22/04/2012
sorry i kinda got really really busy
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#7 Posted: 20:55:45 25/04/2012
If you have a plot, but can't draw, then write. It's far easier.
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#8 Posted: 17:07:37 26/04/2012
I would but I am very busy o.o and I would expect some 'repayment'. Not monetary, but I would expect you to maybe join my team as a writer for the game-in-progress or something (we have very few writers). If you don't mind slow-ish art and helping me out in the meantime, then I'll be your art monkey. I also need your comic detailed in panel-form so I know exactly what to draw, from mood to angles. I'm not a Spyro fan so I'd have to familiarize myself with exactly how you want each character to be drawn. Marly would help me with the colouring for the 'covers'.

If that sounds like a deal then PM me on here. Or email me hanzdaemons [at] live [dot] com.
#9 Posted: 06:44:54 08/05/2012
Moving in a tiny bit sooner than expected so I may be able to start sooner than expected. I'll have to get to know all these characters. If you can provide references soon, that'd be appreciated. I want to start looking over some detailed descriptions so I can make some character sheets for each of them (which I will then use on a regular bases to sketch panels).

I can see myself doing this a page at a time, or something. If you want Volumes (i.e. Vol1 Vol2 Vol3) I see your first story has like 12 chapters, so maybe set a deadline for volumes, unless you're going to publicize this weekly/bi-weekly by pages. I'll probably do a cover-ish type deal, and a full coloured "insert" art for each volume or complete story. I'm a little more used to manga than comics smilie Then the remainder will be inked black/white pages. Unless you want it ALL coloured then it will take a considerable more amount of time. I'm SLOW at colouring. Sketching is fast but colouring, not so much (if you want it to look good).

I'm not a professional, but people have bought my art before so I can't be omfgbad or anything. I will spend TIME on this though; Something I do not do with my other art.

Here's a sample of art so you can see my line-art and colour style before definitely deciding on me:
[User Posted Image]

And this guy will be helping me with the background arts, the friend who drew this next piece:
[User Posted Image]

I could only show WIP because those finished ones are copyright to a game smilie;; But you get the overall idea.

Just try to be specific with exactly what you expect and want, including deadlines, etc.
Aura Dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#10 Posted: 17:21:32 08/05/2012
I say you try making the comic yourself, the best way to improve in art is to practicesmilie

Plus, your story would be more original if you did it yourself, but requesting a professional to do it all of a sudden is a bit much since they may or may not want to, some professionals I have seen are very picky about stuff like that, plus proably have projects of their own :/

If you don't want to do the whole thing yourself, maybe find a colab partner? (Ex. You sketch the page and the partner colors the sketched page.)

Point of fact, I say you try you best to draw the comic!smilie

In my opinion, the best professonal art is art you've done yourself.
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

~Watch the Power of Aura~
#11 Posted: 17:43:37 08/05/2012
Well if he decides to draw it himself ill still be up for helping as co-artist. Just saying.
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4260
#12 Posted: 20:08:28 08/05/2012
Me to.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
#13 Posted: 22:13:37 08/05/2012
They've been talking to me through PMs, but to not fill up their inbox because I'm not sure if they have a limit (and I already sent 2 prior to these new questions) i went ahead and posted my questions here.
Runya_Isamu Gold Sparx Gems: 2014
#14 Posted: 22:31:06 08/05/2012
Quote: Kurui
Moving in a tiny bit sooner than expected so I may be able to start sooner than expected. I'll have to get to know all these characters. If you can provide references soon, that'd be appreciated. I want to start looking over some detailed descriptions so I can make some character sheets for each of them (which I will then use on a regular bases to sketch panels).

I can see myself doing this a page at a time, or something. If you want Volumes (i.e. Vol1 Vol2 Vol3) I see your first story has like 12 chapters, so maybe set a deadline for volumes, unless you're going to publicize this weekly/bi-weekly by pages. I'll probably do a cover-ish type deal, and a full coloured "insert" art for each volume or complete story. I'm a little more used to manga than comics smilie Then the remainder will be inked black/white pages. Unless you want it ALL coloured then it will take a considerable more amount of time. I'm SLOW at colouring. Sketching is fast but colouring, not so much (if you want it to look good).

I'm not a professional, but people have bought my art before so I can't be omfgbad or anything. I will spend TIME on this though; Something I do not do with my other art.

Here's a sample of art so you can see my line-art and colour style before definitely deciding on me:
[User Posted Image]

And this guy will be helping me with the background arts, the friend who drew this next piece:
[User Posted Image]

I could only show WIP because those finished ones are copyright to a game smilie;; But you get the overall idea.

Just try to be specific with exactly what you expect and want, including deadlines, etc.

Oooh, I really like your artwork! Do you possibly have a deviantART account?
---
Mah DeviantART account: http://runya-isamu.deviantart.com/
#15 Posted: 22:39:32 08/05/2012
Not exactly. I do but it doesn't let me log in. I have tried deviantart 4 different times but it crashes my browser when I log in so I just opted against having one....ever. xD
dfectroll Ripto Gems: 96
#16 Posted: 18:46:55 09/05/2012
ill assist kurui if she earns the job !
#17 Posted: 19:25:45 09/05/2012
YAY! Sure and thanks. I'm just waiting on replies.
#18 Posted: 00:52:17 11/05/2012 | Topic Creator
If you could draw one of the humanoid trolls from my story, like Shigi The Cloaked Widow-Maker I could see your potential. All the character discriptions are in my story. And i don't want anybody doing my 2nd story, it is way too long.

My draewing skills are beyond bad, I have autism and stubby fingers...and 4million missing brain-cells
---

#19 Posted: 00:56:51 11/05/2012
Quote: draconicMIND1
If you could draw one of the humanoid trolls from my story, like Shigi The Cloaked Widow-Maker I could see your potential. All the character discriptions are in my story. And i don't want anybody doing my 2nd story, it is way too long.

My draewing skills are beyond bad, I have autism and stubby fingers...and 4million missing brain-cells

Aye-aye, I'll search for the description and get right on it. Oh boy do I love trolls. owo
#20 Posted: 06:04:30 12/05/2012 | Topic Creator
That was BRILLIANT! I am definately having you as an artist. I can almost smell the comments.

But I am still having openings. Nott that any of you others might interested smilie
---

#21 Posted: 21:03:12 12/05/2012
o.o Me? I'll start drawing some time next week for sure......if they're right that we can get everything moved over this weekend. I have to move all my computer stuff today. I hope I get to anyway. v.v
#22 Posted: 06:58:23 15/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura Dragon
I say you try making the comic yourself, the best way to improve in art is to practicesmilie

Plus, your story would be more original if you did it yourself, but requesting a professional to do it all of a sudden is a bit much since they may or may not want to, some professionals I have seen are very picky about stuff like that, plus proably have projects of their own :/

If you don't want to do the whole thing yourself, maybe find a colab partner? (Ex. You sketch the page and the partner colors the sketched page.)

Point of fact, I say you try you best to draw the comic!smilie

In my opinion, the best professonal art is art you've done yourself.

MY DRAWING SKILL IS LVL ZERO. i hav atism and stubby fingers. I am USE...LESS! so stop asking me to do that! I bt you don't hav an autistic o asprger relative. You wouldn't know smilie
---

#23 Posted: 10:21:46 15/05/2012 | Topic Creator

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

YOU HAVE THE JOB!!! I cannot wait to see if you can draw one of the humanoid trolls from my story. I have sent you some details discriptions. I want you to draw one of the battle-zeppelins form my story(Upclose and details) and Shigi, the Cloaked Widow-Maker
---

#24 Posted: 16:27:57 18/05/2012
I've drawn a few sketches of one of the characters, but I'm trying to get the dang scanner to work. -__-;; If not I'll just look at my draw and draw it directly onto the computer. Just to see if it looks right.
#25 Posted: 09:22:19 23/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I've drawn a few sketches of one of the characters, but I'm trying to get the dang scanner to work. -__-;; If not I'll just look at my draw and draw it directly onto the computer. Just to see if it looks right.

can't wait to see it smilie I hope it looks like the ones in my story. If you have the extra time, try and draw Shigi with his cloak and gun and everything and even a pic of him and Venus in my story.
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me