Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
You miss Old Spyro? [CLOSED]
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#51 Posted: 10:18:20 14/04/2012
Quote: ExtremeSpyro
YEEEEES.
Insomniac, please rise from the ashes and bring forward the magical prowess you carried in the 90s. The world needs it more than ever now, what with the 10000 Call Of Doodee games tha plague our markets from now until eternity. We need you!

Totally agree with you all the way! smilie
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
darkspyro199 Gold Sparx Gems: 2102
#52 Posted: 11:37:30 14/04/2012
I miss the old Spyro but the world has to move on some time...
---
Been here 13 years now... D: Man I'm old.
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#53 Posted: 12:15:58 14/04/2012
I would be lying if I said I do indeed miss the way Insomniac Games did the Spyro games. After all, they were the ones who invented Spyro in the first place, so of course anything made by someone else would seem minor compared to it (my opinion anywho). However, I think like all things I have loved and moved on, I know for a fact that even if the old Spyro did make a comeback, even if Insomniac miraculously took it back on again, it still would not be the same. I personally think the simplicity of it's storyline and the likes of the graphics at the time were what really made the original trilogy so charming and why I loved them.

To some extent, the original Spyro can never really die, and you don't have to miss it if you just keep playing the original games instead of drowning in nostalgia.
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6766
#54 Posted: 12:48:09 14/04/2012
The world is a constantly changing universe. Which receive over time and years, great changes, which will be very different, trying to renew the old, not the way one remembers. Giving them a drastic change and sometimes something that is not original. And what they achieve is a horrible change.
To the topic→ The old Spyro not look anything like the new Spyro: Levels, gameplay, characters, places, history, universe, everything. Nothing looks like it is today.
Always trying to improve something, we sometimes end up finishing his originality and his way of seeing, and falls apart.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#55 Posted: 22:12:42 14/04/2012
Quote: VespiDragon8
The world is a constantly changing universe. Which receive over time and years, great changes, which will be very different, trying to renew the old, not the way one remembers. Giving them a drastic change and sometimes something that is not original. And what they achieve is a horrible change.
To the topic→ The old Spyro not look anything like the new Spyro: Levels, gameplay, characters, places, history, universe, everything. Nothing looks like it is today.
Always trying to improve something, we sometimes end up finishing his originality and his way of seeing, and falls apart.

I agree with you.smilie
---
SC
#56 Posted: 11:00:38 16/04/2012
Not all changes are good. Certain changes, I don't mind but usually, I hate change.
---
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#57 Posted: 06:18:37 17/04/2012
Original Spyro was the best. I even miss this ******* Moneybags <3
---
Any Osu fan here?
#58 Posted: 11:01:56 17/04/2012
Quote: Wojowu
Original Spyro was the best. I even miss this ******* Moneybags <3

I feel the same way as well but I don't miss Moneybags that much.
---
rainbowfrosting Red Sparx Gems: 58
#59 Posted: 05:20:20 05/05/2012
I do miss the old Spyro games, loved the simplicity and hidden areas. Always loved coming home from school to play it.
#60 Posted: 12:38:35 05/05/2012
Quote: rainbowfrosting
I do miss the old Spyro games, loved the simplicity and hidden areas. Always loved coming home from school to play it.

Lol, don't we all? smilie smilie
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#61 Posted: 12:43:05 05/05/2012
I miss the old feelings when I used to play the old Spyro games. I missed it being a lot more difficult for me, and the feeling of the levels looking bigger than what they are.
ExtremeSpyro Ripto Gems: 112
#62 Posted: 15:33:33 05/05/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar
YEEEEES.
Insomniac, please rise from the ashes and bring forward the magical prowess you carried in the 90s. The world needs it more than ever now, what with the 10000 Call Of Doodee games tha plague our markets from now until eternity. We need you!

Thanks!
#63 Posted: 19:27:43 05/05/2012
YEEEEES.

Thanks!

You're welcome. smilie Unfortunately, not every game company are just like Nintendo. Even though the games and graphics are new, the concepts, gameplay, storylines and scenarios are the same over and over again. *sigh* If only Spyro games were just like Nintendo games.
---
Feral_Miskunn Blue Sparx Gems: 976
#64 Posted: 21:28:57 06/05/2012
So badly wish they'd remake/continue they PS1 trilogy, they are still my favorite games of all time. So inventive and full of heart and imagination. Very few games have the same feel to them and there was something so special about the begining of it all! I know i'm looking back through the rose tinted spectacles of nostalgia but I genuinely do love these games and wish they'd make something like them again -sigh- plus spyro was a much more manly purple colour!
---
Faith Hope Love and the greatest of these is Love
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#65 Posted: 00:37:49 07/05/2012
I hate old spyro so no I don't miss it. smilie
#66 Posted: 12:21:00 07/05/2012
Quote: Feral_Miskunn
So badly wish they'd remake/continue they PS1 trilogy, they are still my favorite games of all time. So inventive and full of heart and imagination. Very few games have the same feel to them and there was something so special about the begining of it all! I know i'm looking back through the rose tinted spectacles of nostalgia but I genuinely do love these games and wish they'd make something like them again -sigh- plus spyro was a much more manly purple colour!

I definitely agree with you. smilie Sheer, unbeatable nostalgia is one of the main things of what made the first three Spyro games totally awesome beyond compare. ToS trilogy and the Skylanders series just didn't have that nostalgic feel to 'em. smilie That's why I pretty much dissed them straight away as soon as I hear news about them. As for Mario and Kirby games, I'm all for both new and old games as long as they stick to the status quo, which they managed to achieve. Obviously, the latest Spyro games failed to do that even if they tried.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:24:31 07/05/2012 by Mariofanstar
#67 Posted: 13:10:41 07/05/2012

I definitely agree with you. smilie Sheer, unbeatable nostalgia is one of the main things of what made the first three Spyro games totally awesome beyond compare. ToS trilogy and the Skylanders series just didn't have that nostalgic feel to 'em. smilie That's why I pretty much dissed them straight away as soon as I hear news about them. As for Mario and Kirby games, I'm all for both new and old games as long as they stick to the status quo, which they managed to achieve. Obviously, the latest Spyro games failed to do that even if they tried.

I agree with you. Although I'm not really a fan of Mario and Kirby and I don't know much about their series.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:11:01 07/05/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#68 Posted: 14:04:23 08/05/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I agree with you. Although I'm not really a fan of Mario and Kirby and I don't know much about their series.

If only the Spyro games could stick to the status quo as well. smilie
---
#69 Posted: 19:28:44 08/05/2012

I know how you feel.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#70 Posted: 22:01:17 08/05/2012
Well, I guess I miss Gnasty getting new games to explore his personality with...not that he got that many games to begin with.

Do I miss Insomniac Spyro? Well, no, because I can just go play the old games and I like Skylander Spyro as well.
---
Eh.
#71 Posted: 13:06:53 09/05/2012

I know how you feel.

What I mean by "status quo" is sticking to the same old things.
---
#72 Posted: 22:24:09 10/05/2012
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Well, I guess I miss Gnasty getting new games to explore his personality with...not that he got that many games to begin with.

Do I miss Insomniac Spyro? Well, no, because I can just go play the old games and I like Skylander Spyro as well.

Okay then, do you miss the Insomniac formula that the newer games no longer have?
#73 Posted: 14:44:42 11/05/2012

Okay then, do you miss the Insomniac formula that the newer games no longer have?

I, for one, definitely miss it. smilie
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#74 Posted: 12:30:04 13/05/2012

No, because the newer games have a formula I can get behind.
---
Eh.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me