Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Spyro "What If"s [CLOSED]
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#1 Posted: 14:21:22 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
In this topic just come up with some Spyro "What If"s, like this one, and give an answer.
What if Insomniac never sold Spyro and still made his games. Would you prefer it that way, meaning that all the other games not made by Insomniac wouldn't exist?
Here is another:What if Spyro stayed the color green? (He was orignally going to be that color) Would you prefer him being green, or a different color?
Okay, now you guys make some.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#2 Posted: 19:21:13 24/03/2012
Spyro would make that much of a first impression if he was green and like Ratchet & Clank, the series would stagnate and we would all get pretty fed up with Spyro if the was at this point.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
NovaNavi Red Sparx Gems: 64
#3 Posted: 02:27:37 25/03/2012
What if Spyro was a girl?
---
I'LL LET YOU SLAM MY BASE
IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#4 Posted: 18:36:30 26/03/2012
^ that woulb be,, um? ...WOW! DID NOT SEE THAT COMING...
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#5 Posted: 20:10:38 26/03/2012
If Spyro was a girl.... Well, he (She) sure as heck wouldn't be dating Cynder. smilie
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#6 Posted: 03:53:00 27/03/2012
^ that's one good thing about spyro being a girl

If spyro was a girl, we wouldn't think any different.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#7 Posted: 18:11:22 28/03/2012
I like the idea of "what if Spyro was a girl".

TBH, i'd probably support her/him being paired with Cynder due to me liking girlxgirl pairings. That and Elora and Sheila. (Mainly Sheila if anythng. Heh.)
Gemma Green Sparx Gems: 123
#8 Posted: 09:28:50 30/03/2012
What if Insomniac never sold Spyro?
Well, in their games, Spyro started off relatively basic (in the first game he just had two attacks, gliding and the flight levels), but as the games progressed more and more was added while nothing was taken away. So if they continued to make Spyro games, then by now he'd probably have tons of insane abilities! And, there would probably be loads of different styles of levels too (flights, speedways, skateboard levels, and more along the lines of these). I can imagine them being really complicated (e.g. having to remember the hundreds of different things he'd be able to do by now) but probably really fun and epic too!

What if Spyro stayed green?
That's quite a normal colour for dragons, really. I don't see why the colour would change his personality, or the gameplay style, but because purple is quite an original colour for a dragon he might have not gone out with a bang as much as he did when the first game came out. I think the fact that he's purple was quite eye-catching, just because it's different.

You know those guys who do explicit Cynder fanart? Maybe they'd have been doing that to Spyro since day one. Well, maybe. There were only a handful of female video game characters back in the late '90s, so Spyro being female would have added to the originality. At the same time though, it might have not got as many fans. I know a lot of girls who don't mind playing games where they control male characters, but some guys don't always like games where you control female characters. Well, maybe not so much today but I remember some guys at my school claiming Tomb Raider was too girly for them back when that first came out, and it's not really a girl's game as such, you just control a female character.

So...

What if The Legend of Spyro series had been made before the Classic series? (as in, the original Spyro had been the serious one, and then changed to the cartoony one years later)
---
My Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Spyro's Universe Name: Crystal Waterfalls
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#9 Posted: 15:22:50 31/03/2012
Quote: Gemma
What if Insomniac never sold Spyro?
Well, in their games, Spyro started off relatively basic (in the first game he just had two attacks, gliding and the flight levels), but as the games progressed more and more was added while nothing was taken away. So if they continued to make Spyro games, then by now he'd probably have tons of insane abilities! And, there would probably be loads of different styles of levels too (flights, speedways, skateboard levels, and more along the lines of these). I can imagine them being really complicated (e.g. having to remember the hundreds of different things he'd be able to do by now) but probably really fun and epic too!

That's quite a normal colour for dragons, really. I don't see why the colour would change his personality, or the gameplay style, but because purple is quite an original colour for a dragon he might have not gone out with a bang as much as he did when the first game came out. I think the fact that he's purple was quite eye-catching, just because it's different.

You know those guys who do explicit Cynder fanart? Maybe they'd have been doing that to Spyro since day one. Well, maybe. There were only a handful of female video game characters back in the late '90s, so Spyro being female would have added to the originality. At the same time though, it might have not got as many fans. I know a lot of girls who don't mind playing games where they control male characters, but some guys don't always like games where you control female characters. Well, maybe not so much today but I remember some guys at my school claiming Tomb Raider was too girly for them back when that first came out, and it's not really a girl's game as such, you just control a female character.

So...

What if The Legend of Spyro series had been made before the Classic series? (as in, the original Spyro had been the serious one, and then changed to the cartoony one years later)

Insomniac never sold Spyro, they didn't have the rights, Universal Interactive did. You could change it to 'What if Insomniac bought the rights to Spyro shortly after ETD' or something like that?

We wouldn't have known any different what colour our little Spyro was, lol.

Well there is 'art' of Spyro already, so I don't see much difference in that aspect really.

The series probably wouldn't have survived if it began like LoS, but then again, I'm only saying that as I personally don't think nothing much of that series, but if you look at the sales, it didn't sell well, so it may have been a one-off series, like for example, Croc. That short series wasn't a very successful one, so it just seemed to have stopped, and is now forgotten about, apart from the fans of it of course.
StealthElfWins Green Sparx Gems: 142
#10 Posted: 02:12:25 07/04/2012
What if Insomniac was bought back and started making more Spyro games just like the orignals?

I would buy them. :3
---
My pet dragon says 'Rawr'. In dragonspeak, that could mean either 'Hello' or 'I flame you now'.
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10286
#11 Posted: 05:43:02 07/04/2012
What if...the original trilogy was called "Cynder the Dragon" and featured Cynder as the main character instead of Spyro, and introduced Spyro later on in TLoS? Would you still buy them?
#12 Posted: 07:24:56 07/04/2012
Quote: C1nder
What if...the original trilogy was called "Cynder the Dragon" and featured Cynder as the main character instead of Spyro, and introduced Spyro later on in TLoS? Would you still buy them?

We wouldn't have known any different. All of these "What If's" are going to lead to the same answer aren't they? Because they never actually happened so the most reasonable answer I could go with is this.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6471
#13 Posted: 00:41:43 11/04/2012
what if spyro crossover with pokemon,sonic,zelda,yu gi oh and spyro was defeat by cynder and they were sent in the pokemon world.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#14 Posted: 02:44:57 11/04/2012
Quote: Gemma

He would probably look like this, in Razzek's drawing;

http://fav.me/d4jauov
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
crashdragon Green Sparx Gems: 344
#15 Posted: 17:46:09 11/04/2012
What if Spyro did fall in love with Elora in Year of the Dragon just like Hunter and Bianca?
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#16 Posted: 20:56:55 11/04/2012
What if Spyro was more popular than Mario?
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#17 Posted: 23:02:35 11/04/2012
^ That would be amazing, TorchSheep! ... Oh, at least we can still dream. XD

@CrashDragon
Awww. Too bad Spy missed his chance though. On both occasions of wooing Elora.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#18 Posted: 12:37:29 24/04/2012
Quote: C1nder

Not really. I wouldn't give a hoot whatsover, no offense. smilie I would be still playing Nintendo games at the time.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
#19 Posted: 16:37:05 24/04/2012
Quote: TorchSheep

I would cry, Mario is awesome. I'm not saying Spyro isn't, but Mario is better.

I have one, what if Spyro didn't save Cynder in Convexity? (Did I spell that right?)
---
#20 Posted: 16:40:30 24/04/2012
Quote: JetH7

I have one, what if Spyro didn't save Cynder in Convexity? (Did I spell that right?)

I have to agree. Sure, I love Spyro as much as the next gamer, but I'm afraid to say that Mario is better. Besides, I've been playing Mario games since 1997 and I still do.
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#21 Posted: 16:55:24 24/04/2012

As in couldn't save her or just left her there, leaving her just seems out of character for him as in that point Ignitus had ranted on about her past to him and it would be akin to a 360 degree rogue moral path of our purple bud.

Couldn't: Would of made him get a giant reality check as in you can't save everyone...Would of caused overdrive mode whenever someone is in danger

Left: In character sooner or later it would of gotten to him he left a soul that could of been helped, The elders might be angst for a small time but then turn back to pressing matters. Malefor would of no doubt reminded him of Cynder and tried to use it to his advantage, Spyro may or may not of survived the end fight
#22 Posted: 21:23:06 24/04/2012
Quote: Radiance
^ That would be amazing, TorchSheep! ... Oh, at least we can still dream. smilie

@CrashDragon
Awww. Too bad Spy missed his chance though. On both occasions of wooing Elora.

I'm just glad I ain't the only one who calls Spyro, "Spy", sometimes. smilie
---
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#23 Posted: 23:32:52 24/04/2012
What if Spyro was a fire Skylander
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
#24 Posted: 04:24:06 25/04/2012
Quote: Stealth Elf 32
What if Spyro was a fire Skylander

Wouldn't make a diffrents for me, I dont have Skylanders, so yeah.
---
#25 Posted: 19:26:35 25/04/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

I have to agree. Sure, I love Spyro as much as the next gamer, but I'm afraid to say that Mario is better. Besides, I've been playing Mario games since 1997 and I still do.

Wow, really? I think Spyro is way better, smilie
#26 Posted: 21:45:54 25/04/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

But Mario's been in the gaming universe much longer than Spyro, heck even longer than Sonic.
---
#27 Posted: 03:31:54 26/04/2012

IMO Mario kicks Spyro's butt. smilie
---
#28 Posted: 13:16:30 26/04/2012

IMO Mario kicks Spyro's butt. smilie

But that's not all, Mario practically pwns Sonic as well! smilie ...Well, according to the Metro newspaper anyway. There is used to be an article about those two and Mario won in the battle. I think I still have the article somewhere.
---
#29 Posted: 00:01:36 27/04/2012
Quote: crashdragon
What if Spyro did fall in love with Elora in Year of the Dragon just like Hunter and Bianca?

Hmm... that has me wondering. What would their offspring look like? smilie
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#30 Posted: 01:37:43 27/04/2012
If Spyro was a girl.... Well, he (She) sure as heck wouldn't be dating Cynder. smilie

What if Spyro went to a gender flipped demision?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#31 Posted: 09:49:11 27/04/2012

But Mario's been in the gaming universe much longer than Spyro, heck even longer than Sonic.

So? I go for gameplay not for how long a series has been in the gaming industry, I could care less about that.
#32 Posted: 11:12:07 27/04/2012

So? I go for gameplay not for how long a series has been in the gaming industry, I could care less about that.

So the history's not important? I still think Mario or Spyro could beat Sonic any day of the week. I despise Sonic as much as I despise Lady GaGa and the Pussycat Dolls. smilie
---
wuffser Green Sparx Gems: 252
#33 Posted: 21:42:34 30/04/2012

So the history's not important? I still think Mario or Spyro could beat Sonic any day of the week. I despise Sonic as much as I despise Lady GaGa and the Pussycat Dolls. smilie

Sorry buddy but the first time I saw spyro he made no such impression on me. Sonic offered something no other character EVER offered in a platformer pure. unadulterated. speed. And that title is something Sonic will know and forever hold over everything else.

And another thing power-ups aside Sonics natural speed ALWAYS comes out on top. He's named the fastest thing alive for a reason.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#34 Posted: 00:57:37 01/05/2012
^exactly this. Sonic could easily beat mario but is probably pretty even with spyro.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:55 01/05/2012 by spyro and sonic
#35 Posted: 14:05:07 02/05/2012
Back on topic. What if spyro had a television show. The classic spyro series always had some fairly humerus cut scenes (This even carried over to the first couple of ps2 games but sadly not the latter 3). If only... smilie
#36 Posted: 15:53:46 02/05/2012
Quote: wuffser
Back on topic. What if spyro had a television show. The classic spyro series always had some fairly humerus cut scenes (This even carried over to the first couple of ps2 games but sadly not the latter 3). If only... smilie

If it was based on the original series, I'd watch it out of curiosity.
The Aecho Green Sparx Gems: 337
#37 Posted: 04:58:15 03/05/2012
What is the Spyro Universe[s] and The Elder Scrolls Universe crossed over?
---
Dragonborn, Dragonborn, by his honor is sworn, To keep evil forever at bay!
#38 Posted: 11:52:08 03/05/2012
Quote: wuffser

If it was based on the original series, I'd watch it out of curiosity.

Yeah, me too. smilie
---
#39 Posted: 11:53:36 03/05/2012
Quote: The Aecho
What is the Spyro Universe[s] and The Elder Scrolls Universe crossed over?

That would be amusing to see.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#40 Posted: 14:51:12 03/05/2012
What if Spyro's name wasn't Spyro. What would it be? And SuperSpyroFan, don't say Goonro. HA!
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#41 Posted: 20:08:36 03/05/2012
Quote: JCW555
What if Spyro's name wasn't Spyro. What would it be? And SuperSpyroFan, don't say Goonro. HA!

It would be Goonro. There I said it so they don't have to~ Aren't I nice smilie
pokemonka Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#42 Posted: 16:11:53 04/05/2012

Well... I like this idea smilie
---
smilie ,,I would die for you, cross the sky for you...'' smilie
AkantorMH Emerald Sparx Gems: 4471
#43 Posted: 16:19:55 04/05/2012
What if Ember and Flame made it into the LoS series? What would it be like? Would Cynder be there at all? How much would change? Would it go down the whole Shalone Comic path? ... I would hope.
---
Dragons everwhere. Draw them, think of them, read of them. Dragons.
#44 Posted: 18:58:00 04/05/2012
What if Universal Interactive Studios at the time in 2000 or 2001 decided that no more Spyro games would be made unless Insomniac Games decided to make another one, but then they'd have to sign up for another three year contract, and imagine on Spyro's ten year anniversary, 2008. Insomniac Games decided to make a contract with Universal once again to make another three Spyro games, and the gameplay was similar to the classics, the only difference is that it's on the PS3. I wonder if anyone would still remember Spyro since it would have been a ten year gap before anything happened with the little purple Goonro.
#45 Posted: 19:54:02 04/05/2012
What if Universal Interactive Studios at the time in 2000 or 2001 decided that no more Spyro games would be made unless Insomniac Games decided to make another one, but then they'd have to sign up for another three year contract, and imagine on Spyro's ten year anniversary, 2008. Insomniac Games decided to make a contract with Universal once again to make another three Spyro games, and the gameplay was similar to the classics, the only difference is that it's on the PS3. I wonder if anyone would still remember Spyro since it would have been a ten year gap before anything happened with the little purple Goonro.

We would still remember him. I mean Duke Nukem was out of commission for nearly 12 years! And people shat their pants the moment his name came out of a developers mouth.
#46 Posted: 11:02:15 06/05/2012
Hmm... here's another “what if”. What if Ember and Flame ended up being a couple? I noticed nobody has brought that up.
---
#47 Posted: 14:29:39 06/05/2012
Hmm... here's another “what if”. What if Ember and Flame ended up being a couple? I noticed nobody has brought that up.

When I first played AHT, I thought that later on in the game the developers would have gone into more depth with Flame and Ember, and so I thought that maybe right at the end of the game they become really close 'friends'. But most of the characters you meet in the game don't have much story to them, but the classic Spyro games generally don't have much of a story to them anyway, it's just how they are, plain and simple.
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#48 Posted: 16:34:31 06/05/2012
What if Sparx was in the Twin Towers on 9-11-01? D:
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#49 Posted: 17:55:12 06/05/2012
What if no more Spyro games were gonna be made, and instead only SKylanders games were made?

Oh, wait... it's already like that... Probably
---
Bring the Fanta
#50 Posted: 18:14:35 06/05/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
What if no more Spyro games were gonna be made, and instead only SKylanders games were made?

Oh, wait... it's already like that... Probably

Then I personally won't be buying anymore Spyro games. smilie
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me