Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
spyro's love intrest [CLOSED]
ExtremeSpyro Ripto Gems: 112
#301 Posted: 22:02:05 13/04/2012
Even though i've never played any LoS or Skylanders game, I guess it would be Cynder.
cmut Green Sparx Gems: 143
#302 Posted: 00:30:19 14/04/2012
Why? I wouldn't just assume a character is a good love interest just because it's a popular pairing.
#303 Posted: 06:33:53 14/04/2012
Well who did you want me to choose? Lola Bunny?
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#304 Posted: 10:05:29 14/04/2012
Choose generic Legend of Spyro Axe warrior instead, he was so cool
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#305 Posted: 10:16:13 14/04/2012
Quote: cmut
Quote: LevanJess
It isn't a fact. Spyro just didn't like the attention Ember gave him. It's not like he really stated he DOES hate her. There is a difference between hating someone as a whole and disliking something they do.

No offense or anything. Just wanted to say that.

It's probably worth mentioning that Ember x Bandit is official canon, so Spyro x Ember is technically a fanon relationship. But, yeah, I never thought he hated her, it just seemed like she was being a bit overbearing.

I've noticed that in Spyro: Shadow Legacy, not that many people support that pairing which I've noticed. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that Ember and Bandit Armadillo are actually a canon pairing just like Hunter and Bianca. Sgt. Byrd and Isbelle the Fairy is another canon pairing.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
#306 Posted: 15:16:17 14/04/2012
A lot of Spyro fans never played Shadow Legacy, which is most likely why so few acknowledge that Ember x Bandit is a thing. In-game, the pairing was given about as much attention as anything else (it was a short DS title that can be finished in a few hours), but it has more time and lines devoted to it than all of what we got from Spyro x Cynder in Legend.

Oh, I guess I never answered the main question of this post. Who's best with Spyro? For me, it's nobody, Sparx, or Elora. :)
#307 Posted: 19:06:45 14/04/2012
I've played Legacy. I don't think I got far enough in the game to see Bandit.
l_Eden_l Green Sparx Gems: 124
#308 Posted: 20:29:32 14/04/2012
I personally see Spyro/Cynder as being rather one-sided. Sure, Spyro sees her as a friend, but he never shows any romantic feelings for her. At all. Not to mention, Cynder didn't seem to have any interest in Spyro until the very end of DotD.

I don't really ship classic!Spyro with anyone. I never really thought of him as a romantic type when I was a kid. I like to ship Whirlwind and Skylanders!Spyro though. ._.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#309 Posted: 20:38:20 14/04/2012
I feel the same way about Spyro x Cynder. It was a cute "maybe when they're older" thing, but it made no sense in-game and was pretty obviously just jammed in there as fan service.

Classic Spyro always struck me as needing to grow up some more before he could ever really have a relationship, but I like to think that Elora was there when he got past his "love is gross" phase.

I don't really ship Skyro with anyone. He just doesn't seem the type to me, but to each his own. :)
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#310 Posted: 20:57:57 14/04/2012
I seem to have a thing that for the majority of games/shows I like, I prefer not to ship a pairing between the main character unless a pairing is official in the storyline. Simply because the majority of the time the male protaganist has the typical free personality that is supposed to not really be tied down by any romance. That's just how I see it. :/

However, if I really had to choose, I'd probably say Elora more than any other female character in the franchise. Dunno why, I just think I'd be okay with the idea if it happened.
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
cynder124 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#311 Posted: 21:48:50 14/04/2012
feel it's cynder....
---
derp.
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#312 Posted: 21:59:04 14/04/2012
Spyro doesn't need love.
#313 Posted: 22:02:59 14/04/2012
i guess ur all about fun but no romance.smilie
---
derp.
#314 Posted: 22:41:50 14/04/2012
fun > romance
Especially if your idea of "romance" is a) what we got in the Legend series and/or b) what fanfiction authors pass off as romance (which has little/no bearing on relationships in the real world).

How was there ever any romance with Cynder? As far as I remember, she tried to murder Spyro a few times and then tried to talk him out of saving the world before blurting "I love you" for no reason (and which he probably didn't hear).

Let's be honest here: most of you just ship Spyro x Cynder because they're the same species, you were literally given no other choice by the game designers, and emo girl + emo boy = "true love" (why else is Twilight so popular?).
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#315 Posted: 22:59:54 14/04/2012
^ wow, you said it better than how I ever could :o
---
but i love it all smooth
#316 Posted: 00:13:06 15/04/2012
nah u guys hate love though and so do i...but i totaly agree with thatsmilieand but at the end spyro and cynder are at alavar happily flyin together so he did probably haer it smilie but she did help spyro save the world .... at the end she probably didn't know that his powers can save the world and even if she didn't want him to do that she still stayed with him so that probably proves that she does love: him alot smilie
---
derp.
#317 Posted: 02:23:02 15/04/2012
fun > romance
Especially if your idea of "romance" is a) what we got in the Legend series and/or b) what fanfiction authors pass off as romance (which has little/no bearing on relationships in the real world).

How was there ever any romance with Cynder? As far as I remember, she tried to murder Spyro a few times and then tried to talk him out of saving the world before blurting "I love you" for no reason (and which he probably didn't hear).

Let's be honest here: most of you just ship Spyro x Cynder because they're the same species, you were literally given no other choice by the game designers, and emo girl + emo boy = "true love" (why else is Twilight so popular?).

She was a badly written version of an villain interest, think of the chemistry with Batman and Catwoman.

Besides she is an snarker, she snarks and Spyro was literally snarking all the time in ANB. It's funny that Spyro seems to have more of an personality in ANB then the other legend games.

Snark relationships are snarky
#318 Posted: 03:01:31 15/04/2012
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

snark
noun
a mysterious, imaginary animal.

Cynder is imaginary and she is technically an animal, but neither she nor Spyro are very mysterious. Blunt, unsubtle, badly written, yes. Mysterious? Not so much. :)

If by "snark relationship" you mean that theirs doesn't exist, I could agree with that.
#319 Posted: 09:18:30 15/04/2012
Quote: Purple n Spyro
Spyro doesn't need love.

The Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 cutscenes pretty much shows it which is evident that Spyro's not the loving kind.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#320 Posted: 10:50:38 15/04/2012

snark
noun

Cynder is imaginary and she is technically an animal, but neither she nor Spyro are very mysterious. Blunt, unsubtle, badly written, yes. Mysterious? Not so much. smilie

If by "snark relationship" you mean that theirs doesn't exist, I could agree with that.

I think Jackson means snarky as a synonym for "cocky". Spyro was pretty cocky in ANB, and Cynder was kind of cocky in DotD.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#321 Posted: 22:42:17 15/04/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182

snark
noun

Cynder is imaginary and she is technically an animal, but neither she nor Spyro are very mysterious. Blunt, unsubtle, badly written, yes. Mysterious? Not so much. smilie

I think Jackson means snarky as a synonym for "cocky". Spyro was pretty cocky in ANB, and Cynder was kind of cocky in DotD.

Pretty much cocky and sarcastic.
l_Eden_l Green Sparx Gems: 124
#322 Posted: 22:44:59 15/04/2012

snark
noun

See: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmw.../DeadpanSnarker
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#323 Posted: 00:10:03 16/04/2012
Hate to break it to you guys, but the only person who comes even close to fitting that trope in all of Legend is Sparx.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#324 Posted: 07:49:54 16/04/2012
Hate to break it to you guys, but the only person who comes even close to fitting that trope in all of Legend is Sparx.

Spyro was snarky towards Sparx in ANB and TEN, and towards a lot of characters in ANB.

Cynder was snarky in DotD, which is one reason why people think she was ruined in that game.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#325 Posted: 17:14:02 16/04/2012
If you say so. I can't say as I agree. I can see that the writers were trying for that, but it didn't really work and was inconsistent at best. Most of the characters tended to stick to their assigned, singular character traits and didn't often deviate (or, if they did, it was somewhat unsuccessful).
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#326 Posted: 22:15:06 16/04/2012
I think someone at Insomniac confirmed that Elora was to be Spyro's love-interest. (she was also going to be a centaur; how wicked is that? smilie)

I'll go for Elora as the canon (1st) trilogy, and Ember in an AU. (Ember/Bandit in the Hero trilogy ftw though)
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#327 Posted: 22:33:55 16/04/2012
Classic- Elora
Legend- Cynder
Skylander- Kaos (sure why not)

About Elora she was going to be the LI but around the first or second time the team thought it would be a little creepy or something so they ditched it, later they decided it was not a bad idea and put it back in.
#328 Posted: 23:07:36 16/04/2012
nah u guys hate love though and so do i...but i totaly agree with thatand but at the end spyro and cynder are at alavar happily flyin together so he did probably haer it but she did help spyro save the world .... at the end she probably didn't know that his powers can save the world and even if she didn't want him to do that she still stayed with him so that probably proves that she does love: him alot
---
derp.
#329 Posted: 10:01:16 17/04/2012
I cannot understand you.

What the total hell is this ****?
#330 Posted: 11:10:18 17/04/2012
Quote: Radiance
I think someone at Insomniac confirmed that Elora was to be Spyro's love-interest. (she was also going to be a centaur; how wicked is that? smilie)

I'll go for Elora as the canon (1st) trilogy, and Ember in an AU. (Ember/Bandit in the Hero trilogy ftw though)

Actually, Elora's a faun not a centuar but I did hear something like that somewhere, concerning Spyro and Elora's relationship. As for Ember and Bandit, they are officially canon according to the events that happened in Spyro: Shadow Legacy. I thought that Spyro's not the romantic type of guy?
---
#331 Posted: 18:50:30 17/04/2012
Elora was going to be a centaur and if you look at her original concept art, you can see a faint sketch of extra hooves behind her, but it was decided that she was cuter (and easier to animate) as a faun.

Thus far, at least with what we've really seen in-game (and not what any of us wants to see via wishful thinking), Spyro really isn't the romantic sort in any of his incarnations. He's just a guy who likes to save the day and seems to be varying degrees of uncomfortable around any ladies who show interest in him (hmmm...).
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#332 Posted: 19:30:52 17/04/2012
Quote: spyro fan 8
who do you think spyro's best lover was? sparx, bandit, god, elora, flame, hunter, cynder, malefor, harry potter, god, me, dark52, rainbow dash, or that pink dragon from a hero's tail.

btw if you didn't choose elora you're wrong

Harry Potter FTW!! Lol jk. I'd say Cynder, if DoTD wasn't so rushed.

Quote: Flammenwolf
With the wing blades and the tail blade, Cynder is kinda likely to backstab Spyro during sex.

Lol, no kidding.
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
#333 Posted: 13:14:24 18/04/2012
Elora was going to be a centaur and if you look at her original concept art, you can see a faint sketch of extra hooves behind her, but it was decided that she was cuter (and easier to animate) as a faun.

Thus far, at least with what we've really seen in-game (and not what any of us wants to see via wishful thinking), Spyro really isn't the romantic sort in any of his incarnations. He's just a guy who likes to save the day and seems to be varying degrees of uncomfortable around any ladies who show interest in him (hmmm...).

Where do I get to see her concept art? I'm guessing he thinks that love is gross and he's not the loving kind.
---
#334 Posted: 18:45:36 18/04/2012
Here you go:

[User Posted Image]

I posted all the other concept art and the Japanese comics from the Spyro 2 strategy guide that I have in my gallery, too. Here. I'm hoping for some help with translating those comics and I may upload some of the other stuff I've gathered, like the storyboards from ANB and TEN cutscenes I found awhile ago, among other things.
#335 Posted: 22:33:05 18/04/2012
u guys seriously just hate dotd thtas why u guys are postin bad stuff about it >:/
---
derp.
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#336 Posted: 22:58:44 18/04/2012
It had a terrible storyline. Free-flight!? Really? The Speedways in the original Spyro games were free-flight. When Spyro is just standing there, he resembles a panting dog and very bored and uninterested about the world around him. The elder dragons were too smiley! There were no apes. Malefor was a cliche antagonist. (Is he better in Skylanders? I hear he is). No swimming... drat. XD Button-mashing. So. Much. Button-mashing. Why did they feel the need to throw in a take-down/grab-in bite? The super-power-up thingamajing in the previous Legend games was fine.

Okay, now I'm ranting... Sorry. XD Just wanted to point out other things that DotD happened to fail in besides Cynder.

I mean, I liked the first time around when I played it... but now it's just... meh. It's not the greatest Spyro game ever, and I know that kiddos think that, but... sheesh. XD;
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#337 Posted: 11:27:42 19/04/2012
Quote: cynder124
u guys seriously just hate dotd thtas why u guys are postin bad stuff about it >:/

Not everyone likes it, everyone has a different opinion. Besides, I'm glad I never intended to buy it in the first place. smilie
---
#338 Posted: 21:23:12 19/04/2012
it's not that bad u know smiliebut still am kinda dissapointed about why there were no apes smiliei think probablt because in the ternal night we had to defeatsmilie isn't he the leader of the apes? smilie so if he dies (gaul) all the apes are destroyed smilie and second of thought when they were trapped in the crystal smilie's armies grew stronger and they couldn't help obviously because they were trapped aand they had to stop him smiliethats why there are nooo apes smilie
---
derp.
#339 Posted: 10:46:40 20/04/2012
Quote: cynder124
it's not that bad u know smiliebut still am kinda dissapointed about why there were no apes smiliei think probablt because in the ternal night we had to defeatsmilie isn't he the leader of the apes? smilie so if he dies (gaul) all the apes are destroyed smilie and second of thought when they were trapped in the crystal smilie's armies grew stronger and they couldn't help obviously because they were trapped aand they had to stop him smiliethats why there are nooo apes smilie

I'm still ain't buying it whatsoever, it ain't my cup of tea. Besides, I'm stubborn enough to restrict myself to a few things.
---
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#340 Posted: 17:08:09 29/07/2012
Spyro and nobody.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#341 Posted: 17:16:20 29/07/2012
I'd prefer Spyro stayed out of a relationship, thank you very much.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me