Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
spyro's love intrest [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#251 Posted: 03:01:51 18/02/2012
The cool thing about Spyro and his potential girlfriends is that most were never cannon and the one that wa supposed to be was so full of flaws and things to be said against it that anyone can pair Spyro with any girl (or guy for that matter) and thier pairing will be as valid as any other.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#252 Posted: 23:16:47 19/02/2012
Spyro should be forever badass.

This means no romance. Too mushy.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#253 Posted: 02:24:04 20/02/2012
THIS! Thank you!
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#254 Posted: 02:25:42 20/02/2012
I agree that Spyro wouldn't be as good with romance. Game goes fine without it.
---
but i love it all smooth
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#255 Posted: 02:31:16 20/02/2012
Well, canonically it's with CYnder, but,who knows?
Ember with Bandit,
Elora's genes wouldn't mix.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#256 Posted: 02:51:36 20/02/2012
Canonically for TLOS.

Not for everything else
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#257 Posted: 05:58:02 20/02/2012
And LoS' canon is questionable since we don't know if Spyro heard what she said, he showed no interest, and she showed no interest in him outside of that one line. I like to think when they were free Cynder had a "Oh no! I hope he didn't hear that!" moment. Or she was talking about Sparx. :D

Yep, Ember/Bandit is canon. Spyro/Ember is cute, but it officially didn't pan out.

And Elora's the only girl who did anything nice for Spyro and kissed him. She was also meant to be his love interest, so... :D

But, really, it's just a game. Whoever Spyro winds up with (or doesn't) is up to the individual and nobody else. Officially, he's never been paired up with anyone in-game and it's likely going to stay that way.
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#258 Posted: 06:00:26 20/02/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Spyro x Badassery
#259 Posted: 12:35:16 20/02/2012
Quote: Kiro
Ember with Bandit,

It's fantasy, species don't need to match up.
---
#260 Posted: 13:05:42 20/02/2012
I'm fascinated by the assumption that romance always has to end with children. Who says? None of the adult dragons in the first Spyro games ever show any affection toward each other but there were over a hundred babies, while Sgt. Byrd and Caitlin (I think that's her name) were deeply in love and have no children. Sheila isn't in love with anyone and she cares for the billy goats as if they were her kids. Just because two people can't have kids together doesn't mean they shouldn't be together and making that assumption is insulting to the millions of real-life people who are in love and have chosen not to reproduce.

Also, the idea that being badass is negated by being romantic is pretty obnoxious. I've let this go unchallenged a lot but it bothers me and I'm speaking up. Azrael in Spyro 3 is very much the epitome of badass (even has the motorcycle and leather jacket) and he loves his cat princess so much that he runs away with her. Does it make him any less badass? No! Sgt. Byrd is a war weary soldier from the frontlines who knows how to lead an army into battle, very badass. Did making some time to meet his lady fair for a date make him any less so? Absolutely not! You can be a badass and still fall in love.

When it comes right down to it, Spyro is nowhere near close to any definition of being badass. He's purple, for crying out loud, and one of his versions does more whining than fighting! He's a loveable punk, though, and it's fun to watch him swagger, trying to look cool to compensate for his shortcomings (sometimes literally :D). The only problem I've ever had with him falling in love officially is that he's waaaaay too young for it and this is a game series for kids who don't need their adventure muddied with icky romance junk.
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#261 Posted: 15:08:00 20/02/2012

The song, "The Loving Kind" by Girls Aloud, pretty much sums it up. The music may not suit Spyro but he's definitely not "the loving kind". Here is the lyric that fits him, "I'm not the loving kind".
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#262 Posted: 16:10:27 20/02/2012
Quote: Razz
When it comes right down to it, Spyro is nowhere near close to any definition of being badass. He's purple, for crying out loud

Uhh, Razz, I'm thour fan, but I must disagree on this statement.... I think that Spyro (Skyro) is pretty much the epitome of badass....

Lemme explain. Skyro has a "darkside". Cliché, I know. Now, let's look on the cliché, the "darkside" is part of here the hero himself fears, has inner fights with it, and occasionally taps to it to gain a considerable boost in a power at cost of self-control, berserk, and insanity under prolonged use. But Spyro? He tooks the cliché, and throws it away.He doesn't give a **** about the considerable powerboost of darkside, even throught he remains completely himself during being dark!Skyro, no inner fights, nothing. Isn't that enough badass, Razz? :3
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:45 20/02/2012 by matesds
#263 Posted: 17:07:10 20/02/2012
Whoops. Forgot about Skyro. I kind of ignore him because he's really boring, but his attitude is that of a badass and he looks pretty fierce. Hex is more badass than him, but he's alright.
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#264 Posted: 17:23:00 20/02/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: Kiro
Ember with Bandit,

It's fantasy, species don't need to match up.

True. Crap, my own comic series has my mind shuttered now.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
#265 Posted: 18:50:22 20/02/2012
Quote: Razz
I'm fascinated by the assumption that romance always has to end with children. Who says? None of the adult dragons in the first Spyro games ever show any affection toward each other but there were over a hundred babies, while Sgt. Byrd and Caitlin (I think that's her name) were deeply in love and have no children. Sheila isn't in love with anyone and she cares for the billy goats as if they were her kids. Just because two people can't have kids together doesn't mean they shouldn't be together and making that assumption is insulting to the millions of real-life people who are in love and have chosen not to reproduce.

Also, the idea that being badass is negated by being romantic is pretty obnoxious. I've let this go unchallenged a lot but it bothers me and I'm speaking up. Azrael in Spyro 3 is very much the epitome of badass (even has the motorcycle and leather jacket) and he loves his cat princess so much that he runs away with her. Does it make him any less badass? No! Sgt. Byrd is a war weary soldier from the frontlines who knows how to lead an army into battle, very badass. Did making some time to meet his lady fair for a date make him any less so? Absolutely not! You can be a badass and still fall in love.

When it comes right down to it, Spyro is nowhere near close to any definition of being badass. He's purple, for crying out loud, and one of his versions does more whining than fighting! He's a loveable punk, though, and it's fun to watch him swagger, trying to look cool to compensate for his shortcomings (sometimes literally smilie). The only problem I've ever had with him falling in love officially is that he's waaaaay too young for it and this is a game series for kids who don't need their adventure muddied with icky romance junk.

You know, I agree. I think the reason so many people think Spyro would e ruined and turned wimpy with romance is because of the tremendous failure that is SpyroXCynder.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#266 Posted: 19:02:52 20/02/2012
^ Agreed also.
One of the main things that ruins the Spyro romances, for me, was everybody concluding that Spyro would have children.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#267 Posted: 19:04:12 20/02/2012
^ Agreed.
---
but i love it all smooth
#268 Posted: 19:20:28 20/02/2012
Quote: Malefor0001
^ Agreed also.
One of the main things that ruins the Spyro romances, for me, was everybody concluding that Spyro would have children.

That sounds totally messed up. smilie
---
#269 Posted: 19:29:19 20/02/2012
Really, I don't think Spyro would make a very good parent, at least not what we've seen of him so far. But he is only 13 at the oldest... There's a reason why all of my fanfic ideas revolved around his whole species being genderless (classic) or him personally being sterile (LoS). :D
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#270 Posted: 19:31:44 20/02/2012
Thirteen as in Classic? :0 That makes me wonder how old Elora is.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#271 Posted: 19:42:39 20/02/2012
We don't actually know how old classic Spyro was ever supposed to be outside of Charles Zembillas (his designer) mentioning that he was asked to draw a "bratty" character around the age of the target audience (10-12 year olds). LoS Spyro was given a semi-official age of 12 when TEN came out, so I guess I was overestimating that age, too (since "frozen in time" means you don't get any older, he is not a teenager in DotD).

I asked Elora's designer how old she was and he had no idea. He said that the Insomniac team never really thought of Spyro as being any particular age (which makes it fun to imagine that he's a full grown dragon, just really stunted :D). She seems a little old in her cleaned-up concept art, but in both her original design sketch and in-game appearance, I always figured Elora wasn't that much older than Spyro. I always thought she was fifteen or so but very mature for her age (anyone who is apparently the only one of her species and has to deal with impending tyrannical invasion would be).
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#272 Posted: 19:54:50 20/02/2012
I like to think that Spyro was born in 1988 so at the time Gnasty Gnorc came along and caused trouble he would been ten years old. And with Legend and Skylander, I just assume it's the same dragon, but that's his way of growing up, through different forms of some kind, remember he is magical. LOL So going by that silly bit of logic, Spyro this year is twenty-four years old. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:55:48 20/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#273 Posted: 20:02:28 20/02/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I like to think that Spyro was born in 1988 so at the time Gnasty Gnorc came along and caused trouble he would been ten years old. And with Legend and Skylander, I just assume it's the same dragon, but that's his way of growing up, through different forms of some kind, remember he is magical. LOL So going by that silly bit of logic, Spyro this year is twenty-four years old. smilie

If dragons mature slower than humans, Spyro would be any multiples of 12. Speaking of him, I was playing the first game on my PlayStation 2 and just finished it today for the umpteenth time with 120%. smilie
---
#274 Posted: 20:08:47 20/02/2012
Quote:
Also, the idea that being badass is negated by being romantic is pretty obnoxious.

..................I was making a joke. I wasn't being serious. At all.

I still think Classic Spyro is badass as far as kid characters go.
And I think LoS Spyro has badass abilities.
---
#275 Posted: 22:20:56 20/02/2012
Because really both Classic and Legend got the romance interests knocked up before brofisting each other and getting the hell out of there before hiding into Mexico where Skylander was hosting a party.
Ryuessu Ripto Gems: 0
#276 Posted: 21:30:31 28/02/2012
honetly I dont want think about child hood memries having sex... :<
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#277 Posted: 23:31:34 28/02/2012
Spyro doesn't need a woman.

He'll get one once he retires from his adventures...

WHICH IS NEVER

ASPHOSFOJGN >:U
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Ryuessu Ripto Gems: 0
#278 Posted: 23:51:37 28/02/2012
Quote: greenlantern511

Spyro x Badassery

i smell otp... :3
#279 Posted: 19:10:56 29/02/2012
Quote: spyrathedragon

WHICH IS NEVER

It will be ages until he actually retires.
---
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#280 Posted: 00:31:46 01/03/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

WHICH IS NEVER

EXACTLY

SO:

THAT MEANS NEVER

<3
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#281 Posted: 14:23:14 01/03/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

WHICH IS NEVER

EXACTLY

SO:

THAT MEANS NEVER

<3

He'll carry on defending the Dragon Realms, Avalar and the Forgotten Worlds until he dies.
---
#282 Posted: 21:10:33 01/03/2012
Meanwhile for Legend Spyro.

BE A FATHER IT IS YOUR DESTINY
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#283 Posted: 21:22:24 01/03/2012
Quote: Jackson117
Meanwhile for Legend Spyro.

BE A FATHER IT IS YOUR DESTINY

The sad part is... I can see that happening. *snickers*

"You must repopulate the dragon race with the only female dragon here! I'll leave these nice candles for you both to help with the mood and i'll take my leave..."
treecko222 Green Sparx Gems: 265
#284 Posted: 03:21:26 02/03/2012
quote by: DarkCynder_543
Quote:
Elora.

She's the only one who has kissed Spyro on the cheek. :3

No way SpyroxCynder is way better and pulse I don't remember Elora telling Spyro that she love him. Cynder did and a kiss on a cheek could mean anything
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#285 Posted: 04:17:46 02/03/2012
Different universes, Treecko. Spyro&Elora in one, Gary&Mary in the other.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#286 Posted: 07:49:09 02/03/2012
Skyro and Grill in the other...I mean
#287 Posted: 11:44:22 02/03/2012
Quote: treecko222
No way SpyroxCynder is way better and pulse I don't remember Elora telling Spyro that she love him. Cynder did and a kiss on a cheek could mean anything

1. Opinion
2. Elora actually kissed Spyro on the cheek. Did Cynderp do so? Nah. She randomly just said "I LUV U" out of the blue.
3. Usually kisses on the cheek means gratitude or love
4. SxC is incredibly boring and predictable

Quote: Radiance

Oooh I see what you did there
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:53:52 02/03/2012 by LevanJess
#288 Posted: 16:01:26 02/03/2012
Quote: LevanJess

1. Opinion
2. Elora actually kissed Spyro on the cheek. Did Cynderp do so? Nah.
3. Usually kisses on the cheek mean gratitude or love.
4. SxC is incredibly boring and predictable.

Totally agree with you there. smilie *nods*
---
Gemma Green Sparx Gems: 123
#289 Posted: 23:52:10 04/03/2012
I think my favourite couple is Spyro and Cynder. But not the way the majority of the fandom portrays it.

I've seen lots of fanart and comics showing them being either mushy, or serious, or R-rated, or any combination of these.

But Spyro is a butt-kicking adventurer who can take down horrific enemies at least five times his size! And Cynder has dark powers that she's not afraid to use, and has quite an attitude too! They're both very brave and don't seem to mind going on adventures... much to Sparx's displeasure in the Legend series. With that in mind, I think they would be an awesome couple. I imagine them as having light-hearted romantic moments, while at the same time adventuring side-by-side while taking down some insane monster.

Maybe it's the whole "serious atmosphere" of the Legend games that other people take into consideration when they talk about Spyro and Cynder as a couple. But for me, the characters' personalities are much more important.

Speaking of personality though, I actually think that the two characters suit each other even more in Skylanders. No romance is suggested between them in that, but it's only my opinion of what I like - not what I believe is canon to the series.

But just because I like SpyroxCynder does not mean I have anything against couples that other people like! Personally, I think SpyroxElora is alright. Admittedly I'm not such a fan of cross-species romance, but like others have said it may not be such a big deal in a fantasy world (just look at Hunter and Bianca). I haven't played "A Hero's Tail" but from what I've heard, SpyroxEmber sounds like an entertaining one-way romance. And I don't mind Spyro just being single either.
---
My Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Spyro's Universe Name: Crystal Waterfalls
#290 Posted: 00:06:02 05/03/2012

1. Opinion
2. Elora actually kissed Spyro on the cheek. Did Cynderp do so? Nah. She randomly just said "I LUV U" out of the blue.
3. Usually kisses on the cheek means gratitude or love
4. SxC is incredibly boring and predictable

Quote: Radiance

Oooh I see what you did there

In all honesty, none of the popular OTP's in Spyro were unpredictable. And none of the pairings ever gave me a rush of excitement.
---
#291 Posted: 00:35:51 05/03/2012
They don't give me a rush of excitement either, but I'm not a shipping fan in general
---
but i love it all smooth
crashdragon Green Sparx Gems: 344
#292 Posted: 17:36:29 11/04/2012
Classic Spyro Series: Spyro X Elora
Legend Of Spyro: Spyro X Cynder
Skylanders: Spyro X Cynder
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#293 Posted: 20:18:51 11/04/2012
Spyro Love Fanfiction changes all the friggin time:

Spyro 2 - Spyro x Elora (DA BEST, least cheesy and in my opinion the best Spyro Couple next to Hunter x Bianca)
Spyro 3 - Spyro x Sheila (Urm................ yeah I could see it happening but there more of just friends)
Spyro 5 - Spyro x Ember (SPYRO DOES'NT LOVE EMBER! sorry fangirls but its a fact )
The Legend of Spyro Series - Spyro x Cynder (Eh. Average kinda cleche couple, still prefer Spyro x Elora)
Skylanders - Spyro x Cynder (Well considering they have no interaction whatsoever in the game I'd have to say EPIC FAIL!!)

Man, Spyro is a playa! But my personal favorite is smilieSpyro x Elorasmilie

Other Spyro couples!

Sparx x Zoe
Hunter x Bianca
Sgt. Byrd x Isabelle
Cat Wizard Prince x Princess Ami ( I think)
Flynn x Cali
Moneybags x Gems
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:45 11/04/2012 by TorchSheep
#294 Posted: 20:22:38 11/04/2012
It isn't a fact. Spyro just didn't like the attention Ember gave him. It's not like he really stated he DOES hate her. There is a difference between hating someone as a whole and disliking something they do.

No offense or anything. Just wanted to say that.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:25:32 11/04/2012 by LevanJess
#295 Posted: 14:06:20 12/04/2012
Quote: TorchSheep
Spyro Love Fanfiction changes all the friggin time:

Spyro 2 - Spyro x Elora (DA BEST, least cheesy and in my opinion the best Spyro Couple next to Hunter x Bianca)
Spyro 3 - Spyro x Sheila (Urm................ yeah I could see it happening but there more of just friends)
Spyro 5 - Spyro x Ember (SPYRO DOES'NT LOVE EMBER! sorry fangirls but its a fact )
The Legend of Spyro Series - Spyro x Cynder (Eh. Average kinda cleche couple, still prefer Spyro x Elora)
Skylanders - Spyro x Cynder (Well considering they have no interaction whatsoever in the game I'd have to say EPIC FAIL!!)

Man, Spyro is a playa! But my personal favorite is smilieSpyro x Elorasmilie

Other Spyro couples!

Sparx x Zoe
Hunter x Bianca
Sgt. Byrd x Isabelle
Cat Wizard Prince x Princess Ami ( I think)
Flynn x Cali
Moneybags x Gems

Yeah, I prefer Spyro x Elora as well. I even written two song fanfictions about them. smilie
---
cmut Green Sparx Gems: 143
#296 Posted: 16:35:22 13/04/2012
It isn't a fact. Spyro just didn't like the attention Ember gave him. It's not like he really stated he DOES hate her. There is a difference between hating someone as a whole and disliking something they do.

No offense or anything. Just wanted to say that.

It's probably worth mentioning that Ember x Bandit is official canon, so Spyro x Ember is technically a fanon relationship. But, yeah, I never thought he hated her, it just seemed like she was being a bit overbearing.
cynder124 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#297 Posted: 18:07:40 13/04/2012
who is the bandit?
---
derp.
#298 Posted: 20:10:52 13/04/2012
Yeah, at the moment it is. Though Ember could always break up with Bandit if there were more games with them.. Which I personally wish they were, but whatever :/
---
but i love it all smooth
cynder124 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#299 Posted: 20:56:05 13/04/2012
but who is the bandit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
---
derp.
cmut Green Sparx Gems: 143
#300 Posted: 21:30:31 13/04/2012
Bandit was a character in Shadow Legacy (which took place in the two games before LoS, meaning that it's highly unlikely they'll ever make any more of those, fun as they were). It was pretty much a direct sequel to A Hero's Tail. Bandit was the young sheriff of the armadillo town. For whatever reason, dragons hated armadillos but Spyro sort of bridged the species gap by saving both races. When Bandit saw Ember for the first time, he was smitten and Ember likewise. There's a small mission in which you deliver a love letter from Bandit to Ember and she's quite happy to get it. He doesn't quite look like this in-game, but here is his concept art.

[User Posted Image]
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me