Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Have any of your Spyro games broken?
Page 1 of 1
Have any of your Spyro games broken? [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#1 Posted: 02:47:35 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
What I mean by this, is have you had your Spyro game break, crack or so badly scratched that it wouldn't play? I have. I hope to get these replaced on my birthday this year.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#2 Posted: 03:58:17 27/02/2012
Yep.
All three classic games were scratched horribly.

Luckily I have Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon on my PSP. Also re-bought a disk of the first classic game two Summers ago.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#3 Posted: 06:11:34 27/02/2012
Nope. You know you can get scratch's fixed right? My classic Spyro games are probably the only PS1 games that AREN'T scratched or glitchy.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#4 Posted: 06:23:53 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
Nope. You know you can get scratch's fixed right? My classic Spyro games are probably the only PS1 games that AREN'T scratched or glitchy.

I've tried to get them out with a professional disk buffer, but it was unsuccessful. And I will not trust thinks like DiskDoctor or the like.

EDIT: Thinks=things
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:16 27/02/2012 by JCW555
MasterBlui Emerald Sparx Gems: 3442
#5 Posted: 07:03:49 27/02/2012
Nope. But in Spyro The Dragon the background music might suddenly disappear in some worlds. Awkward silence.
---
Wow, fantastic baby..
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#6 Posted: 08:13:53 27/02/2012
Quote: JCW555

I've tried to get them out with a professional disk buffer, but it was unsuccessful. And I will not trust thinks like DiskDoctor or the like.

Huh... Professional as in like, an in home one, or as in, as like a video store? When my PS2 kicked a spaz and scratched my Okami disk we got it fixed at video ezy for 5 bucks... Works fine now.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
xSpringWeatherx Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#7 Posted: 11:30:03 27/02/2012
Well, that's a good question...

My EtD disc is a scratch, lol, it takes forever to load but I think every version of that game does that! smilie
And the YotD disc was used and it might have froze once...
Season of Flame always freezes, the music glitches and it take forever to turn on!

It's used as well, though, lol... smilie

None of my Spyro games have ever broke, they can just be in a really bad condition!
---
~Ooh, just close the door~
#8 Posted: 17:39:17 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Huh... Professional as in like, an in home one, or as in, as like a video store? When my PS2 kicked a spaz and scratched my Okami disk we got it fixed at video ezy for 5 bucks... Works fine now.

In a video store, yes. I had to pay 2 dollars.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:34 27/02/2012 by JCW555
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#9 Posted: 18:23:12 27/02/2012
In the first three Spyro games sometimes when Spyro flies between worlds and the gems are being counted up there's no chime in the gems. On my Platinum version of Spyro 2 when the background music is playing in the last home world and the last few levels, it plays fine and randomly stops for a couple of seconds and then continues from where it left off. And finally, on my black label version of Spyro the Dragon the background music freezes on all levels passed the Stone Hill, so basically Artisan's soundtrack and Stone Hill's only successfully work. All my other Spyro games and versions of the first three games are scratched but somehow work very well. Here's a more detailed description:

- Spyro the Dragon (Platinum) - No problems at all. Just scratched.
- Spyro the Dragon (Black Label) - Artisan's and Stone Hill soundtrack work fine, but from Dark Hollow and onwards the soundtrack crashes. Badly scratched.
- Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer (Platinum) - Sometimes when Spyro is flying between portals when the gems are being counted up there are no chimes and the soundtrack towards the end of the game, the last few levels in the final home world; it stops for a couple of seconds occasionally and continues on as normal. Few scratch marks, not too many.
- Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer (Black Label) - No problems. Few minor marks.
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Platinum) - Sometimes when Spyro is flying between portals when the gems are being counted up there are no chimes. Badly scratched.
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Black Label) - Sometimes when Spyro is flying between portals when the gems are being counted up there are no chimes. Badly scratched.
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail (Black Label) - No problems. Slightly marked.
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon - No problems. No marks or scratches.

I didn't bother to mention Enter the Dragonfly since that game is such a mess anyway. You can tell my Spyro games have been loved. smilie Just think behind every scratch is a story of my own making. smilie
-
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:29:47 27/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#10 Posted: 19:13:00 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
In the first three Spyro games sometimes when Spyro flies between worlds and the gems are being counted up there's no chime in the gems. On my Platinum version of Spyro 2 when the background music is playing in the last home world and the last few levels, it plays fine and randomly stops for a couple of seconds and then continues from where it left off. And finally, on my black label version of Spyro the Dragon the background music freezes on all levels passed the Stone Hill, so basically Artisan's soundtrack and Stone Hill's only successfully work. All my other Spyro games and versions of the first three games are scratched but somehow work very well. Here's a more detailed description:

- Spyro the Dragon (Black Label) - Artisan's and Stone Hill soundtrack work fine, but from Dark Hollow and onwards the soundtrack crashes. Badly scratched.
- Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer (Platinum) - Sometimes when Spyro is flying between portals when the gems are being counted up there are no chimes and the soundtrack towards the end of the game, the last few levels in the final home world; it stops for a couple of seconds occasionally and continues on as normal. Few scratch marks, not too many.
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Platinum) - Sometimes when Spyro is flying between portals when the gems are being counted up there are no chimes. Badly scratched.
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Black Label) - Sometimes when Spyro is flying between portals when the gems are being counted up there are no chimes. Badly scratched.

I didn't bother to mention Enter the Dragonfly since that game is such a mess anyway. You can tell my Spyro games have been loved. smilie Just think behind every scratch is a story of my own making. smilie
-

Wow. Sounds like your games are really, really loved. I loved my Spyro game sooooo much, that I spend almost a week nonstop to complete Spyro 3. Hopefully my dad can come through and get me all three of the original trilogy *crosses fingers.* And By the way, SuperSpyroFan, I love your long replies!
---
#11 Posted: 19:17:39 27/02/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

-

Wow. Sounds like your games are really, really loved. I loved my Spyro game sooooo much, that I spend almost a week nonstop to complete Spyro 3. Hopefully my dad can come through and get me all three of the original trilogy *crosses fingers.* And By the way, SuperSpyroFan, I love your long replies!

I love Classic Spyro, it never gets old.
LOL, not all of my replies are long, like this one for example.
Ryuessu Ripto Gems: 0
#12 Posted: 21:28:16 28/02/2012
only one.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#13 Posted: 23:38:12 28/02/2012
NOPE

NOT YET

/knocks on wood/.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#14 Posted: 01:20:40 29/02/2012
*plays EtD*

Mom, it broke! D:
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#15 Posted: 01:29:59 29/02/2012
More like: *buys EtD* :3
#16 Posted: 01:53:06 29/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Fireball and Ryuessu you guys crack me up. ETD was a broken game in general.
---
#17 Posted: 01:56:15 29/02/2012
I know.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#18 Posted: 22:44:49 29/02/2012
The only thing I can think of is that my YotD disc used to work on my PS2, but it doesn't anymore (says "disc read error", but only with that game), so I have to play it on my PS1.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:14 29/02/2012 by Darby
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#19 Posted: 22:49:24 29/02/2012
Spyro 1 always freezes when I try to get a certain dragon in Haunted Towers (not the one everybody complains about).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#20 Posted: 23:00:24 29/02/2012
I've had my Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon game lag a few times and I had it freeze a few times and had it go through all the sounds a few times.
---
SC
ExtremeSpyro Ripto Gems: 112
#21 Posted: 07:20:14 19/04/2012
Season of flame has messed up graphics from pulling out the cartridge while the system was on. Damn my judgement back when I was younger. I did this to quite a few games.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#22 Posted: 12:00:51 19/04/2012
I can't get passed the ruins of Warfang until I start a new file on Dawn of the Dragon.
Damn dragon statues glitchin'.
ExtremeSpyro Ripto Gems: 112
#23 Posted: 12:30:30 19/04/2012
Don't bother trying to complete DOTD. Once you supposedly get 100%, theres like an art gallery or something that keeps the last few drawings locked. I read it on TV Tropes.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#24 Posted: 12:38:23 19/04/2012
A New Beginning won't let me get past the first fight with Cynder.
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#25 Posted: 21:39:51 23/04/2012
Yeah, my first copy of TEN was in horrible shape when I bought it. During the loading screen on the first dream level, it crashed and never worked so I had to buy a different copy.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6766
#26 Posted: 02:38:46 25/04/2012
I always damaged Spyro games for the PlayStation. When it was the final boss of any situation, I froze the game.
And I could never finish those games, of course, it is time.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#27 Posted: 15:53:38 25/04/2012
No...
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#28 Posted: 22:36:27 27/05/2012
All of mine are fine.
CaelusBlade Green Sparx Gems: 166
#29 Posted: 05:29:39 20/06/2012
My Gateway to Glimmer disc freezes up 90% of the time when travelling to different levels.
I really need to find another copy of the game, as it was on of my favourites.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#30 Posted: 05:32:19 20/06/2012
Well, my old Spyro the Dragon would freeze when I tried to go to Tree Tops. That's the only level it did that too. So I got a new one.
My Year of the Dragon was a mess in general, eventually it wouldn't play, so I had to get a new one (which arrived very dirty but luckily I finally cleaned it) which works fine.

That's it. None of my others were that bad (the only PS1 Spyro game of mine I didn't need to replace so far is RR..).
---
but i love it all smooth
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#31 Posted: 16:31:37 20/06/2012
My Season of Flame cartridge has an issue where I have to insert it at a certain point or else it will freeze when I turn on the GBA.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#32 Posted: 20:27:16 20/06/2012
My brother broke my Spyro 1 disk about 8 years ago, but I got a new one right after.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
pixiegirl12 Red Sparx Gems: 23
#33 Posted: 17:05:14 21/06/2012
hello kariana
---
pixiegirl12
#34 Posted: 22:49:29 21/06/2012
My first three video games of Spyro are scratched but for some reason they work perfectly fine, so I must be really lucky. I did buy the first three again, just to keep as spares, and they're scratched like mine, but they don't work as good, the only thing that don't work on all these copies is the soundtrack, but on my original three, everything works fine.
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#35 Posted: 19:31:13 28/06/2012
Spyro the Dragon Platinum: I haven't played it as often as GtG or YOTD so it's basically in brand new shape.

Gatewat to Glimmer Origional: I have an old copy with the origional label and it's real scratched up and there's loads of problems with it:

-If I start a new game, I can't get past Glimmer. Spyro goes through the portal, freezes, disappears, then the screen is stuck on the portal.
-In Summer Forest the music plays fine...for a minute.
-The characters's speech is messed up
-In every world the music plays for a minute then stops
-On the start screen, you can hear the sound effects (the dinosaur banging into the sign) but not the music. Whenever that happens I know it's not gonna work
-Sometimes it freezes on that book thing, where it says "The Adventure Continues"
-After the first world I go to, the characters can't speak properly.
The only advantage of all that is before you pay Moneybags to learn how to swim, if you swim in the water (above obviously) the waterfall, Moneybags shaking his bag and you swimming sounds so peaceful smilie
I got a new Gateway to Glimmer game, the last one on Amazon with the origional label, and it works fine, but there are a few scratches.

Year Of The Dragon Platinum: Pretty much the same as Spyro the Dragon, except I've played it a hell of a lot more. When I was four and first got GtG I was at that stage where if I broke something my parents would magically get me another, so I didn't care about it. I got YOTD when I was seven-well, we'd had it much longer than that but when dad left he gave it to me and I kept it in its case all the time-except when I play it smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me