Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > whats with the hatred for cynder???
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
whats with the hatred for cynder??? [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#101 Posted: 18:44:34 01/01/2012
Well, it wouldn't be the first thing the developers were rushed on with DotD... smilie
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#102 Posted: 18:52:13 01/01/2012
I am going to ask a silly question now, which one would you rather play? ETD or DOTD? Which of the devils shall it be?

Am I the only person who thinks ETD was the best game since the trilogy? Yeah, it had glitches, but it amused me endlessly, so the fun factor stayed.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#103 Posted: 19:19:01 01/01/2012
Quote: PinkWater
I am going to ask a silly question now, which one would you rather play? ETD or DOTD? Which of the devils shall it be?

Am I the only person who thinks ETD was the best game since the trilogy? Yeah, it had glitches, but it amused me endlessly, so the fun factor stayed.

Yeah I see what you mean, if there were no glitches at all and it ran like the Spyro 3 engine then it would be near perfect, even though there isn't that many levels, because let's face it without all those glitches it would probably only take about an hour or a little longer to complete.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#104 Posted: 19:28:57 01/01/2012

The glitches aren't the only thing that made EtD a bad game in my eyes. Even if it was glitch free, the level design was still completely bland and uninspiring.

I also found that Spyro has trouble turning properly when walking normally, and turns FAR too tightly when charging. I dislike the game merely because it is plagued with examples of bad, unprofessional game design issues like these. And the loading times on the PS2 version make you want to just give up (the Gamecube version's loading times were reasonable). Seriously, what kind of game has a loading screen, for the loading screen? smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#105 Posted: 19:41:19 01/01/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Seriously, what kind of game has a loading screen, for the loading screen? :|

The kind that wants you to be very patient. XD

I remember playing ETD... Got it for like 12$ at a toy shop at the mall about a year ago.
Wish I knew about the rumors about the loading screen before anything...

Like, seriously. I waited for things to load and I also had impatient kids who wanted me to continue playing the game bothering the heck outta me.
#106 Posted: 19:44:34 01/01/2012
I had the Gamecube version, which had way shorter load times. They were just slightly longer than the PS1.
---

#107 Posted: 19:46:15 01/01/2012
I'm afraid I can't say EtD would be a good game even minus the glitches. From an artistic, voice acting, music, and story perspective, it's bland at best. I remember perking up only once or twice during the whole game (the shininess of the thief hideout level was neat, I liked exactly one piece of music, and there was exactly one level that I found fun but which quickly lost its charm because of the bad controls).
#108 Posted: 20:11:29 01/01/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182

The glitches aren't the only thing that made EtD a bad game in my eyes. Even if it was glitch free, the level design was still completely bland and uninspiring.

I also found that Spyro has trouble turning properly when walking normally, and turns FAR too tightly when charging. I dislike the game merely because it is plagued with examples of bad, unprofessional game design issues like these. And the loading times on the PS2 version make you want to just give up (the Gamecube version's loading times were reasonable). Seriously, what kind of game has a loading screen, for the loading screen? smilie

In my eyes, I thought that the level design was very interesting but the mini games within each level were very poorly designed. I consider Spyro turning slowly and gliding tightly, and all that to be a glitch. I agree with the loading thing, that's just stupid really.
#109 Posted: 21:17:07 01/01/2012
^ I never paid attention to anything accept killing stuff and getting jewels. Although Thieves' Den was very pretty, just too darn dark.
---

LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#110 Posted: 21:18:30 01/01/2012
I'd rather play EtD, I have some memories of it and I prefer it over DotD.
---
but i love it all smooth
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#111 Posted: 00:05:09 03/01/2012
I'd rather play ETD too. It's the only game after YotD to stay true to the original's roots.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:14 03/01/2012 by DarkCynder_543
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#112 Posted: 06:29:36 03/01/2012
Speaking on another topic do we know what Skylanders are 100% Undead, Hex is implied to have been turned after years or something, Ghost Roaster is already dead while Chop is more of a cyborg since he was made via Magic,Bones and metal.

Cynder I have no clues, Nothing states she got killed or turned undead anyway.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:33:15 03/01/2012 by Jackson117
#113 Posted: 06:53:12 03/01/2012
^ This, actually.

They probably just put Cynder in undead since she's the closest thing they have to shadow.
---
but i love it all smooth
#114 Posted: 07:10:46 03/01/2012
Actually, her little bio says she was a servant to the dead dragon king Malefor. I like to think Hex helped her get rid of him and they walked out of the underworld together (the guide says that Hex just went to the land of the dead and came back a bit off).
#115 Posted: 07:12:50 03/01/2012
Dead dragon kind Malefor?
I see now, that makes sense. Thanks!
---
but i love it all smooth
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#116 Posted: 07:26:16 03/01/2012
Quote: Razz
Actually, her little bio says she was a servant to the dead dragon king Malefor. I like to think Hex helped her get rid of him and they walked out of the underworld together (the guide says that Hex just went to the land of the dead and came back a bit off).

Undead Dragon King, Malefor... At least he's not another purple dragon like Spyro. X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#117 Posted: 07:39:16 03/01/2012
Dead, undead... It's sort of the same thing. smilie Zombie Malefor is way cooler than what we got in LoS (and makes a lot more sense).
#118 Posted: 10:02:44 03/01/2012
If it were to be between ETD and AHT, I'd play AHT.
#119 Posted: 12:41:53 03/01/2012
But Canon wise isn't mentioned that Spyro and Hex were involved, I would of assumed Spyro was there as a guide and the real killing blows were striked by Hex.
#120 Posted: 07:13:56 04/01/2012
I'm reading through the guidebook now, but I don't know if it's official or not.

And I'll totally play AHT over DotD and EtD any day. The gameplay is more fun than both combined and all that subtext is glorious. smilie
Nessie Red Sparx Gems: 10
#121 Posted: 18:39:58 17/02/2012
I love her as both Dark Cynder AND Good Cynder she's the perfect mix of both<3
---
~7926<3
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#122 Posted: 03:06:39 18/02/2012
I Hate her because her fans have so thoroughly destroyed and mutilated her that I can't see her as anything other than a slut and a *****, not no mention a symbol of her bad fans: demanding, loud mouth, infantile, sex-addled, rude, and butthurt.
Because of her fans the mere sight of Cynder fills me with contempt and drives my attention far, far away.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#123 Posted: 03:42:18 18/02/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I Hate her because her fans have so thoroughly destroyed and mutilated her that I can't see her as anything other than a slut and a *****, not no mention a symbol of her bad fans: demanding, loud mouth, infantile, sex-addled, rude, and butthurt.
Because of her fans the mere sight of Cynder fills me with contempt and drives my attention far, far away.

You need to relax now, getting worked up over a character or a fanbase isn't healthy...it's not like the fans put your house on fire and killed your dad
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#124 Posted: 03:57:01 18/02/2012
I'm slightly annoyed by the "Cynderps" as you folks call them. But it's also pretty funny seeing people hate on a character with such a burning passion. I mean, wow!

For me, LOS Cynder was a bland and overrated character, but had great potential (as with all of TLOS). Skylanders Cynder, on the other hand, was awesome. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:08:04 18/02/2012 by SilentButDeadly
#125 Posted: 08:07:12 18/02/2012
You know, it's not really fair to demean someone for being mad at people who ruined their fun (which is what NewSpyroLuva is essentially talking about). We may like to pretend fandoms aren't important, but in our culture and for a lot of people, they really are. Just because you haven't used some form of escapism to get away from a tough situation or something like that doesn't mean a lot of people don't, and when something helps you through a tough time, no matter how frivolous it seems, it is important to that person and means a lot to them.

To add to my grievances with Cynder, I'll say that I loved LoS Cynder for her potential. That was the real thing I liked about her. What we saw in-game was barely a character, but I really liked what she could have been. When she was made even less than what little she already was in DotD, that was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back (though the horde of creepy, gross, spoiled, nasty Cynder fans who showed up after DotD came out certainly didn't help).

Skylanders Cynder, though, ins incredible. XD I love her for taking all the good things about LoS Cynder and ditching everything else, for making the Cyndorks mad, and because she makes me laugh (really hard; it's probably not healthy how funny I find Sky Cynder :D).
#126 Posted: 12:37:34 18/02/2012
How does she make them mad? She has Bewbsm sn't that what they've always wanted?
---
#127 Posted: 13:01:29 18/02/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
How does she make them mad? She has Bewbsm sn't that what they've always wanted?

Nope, it's too good for them. smilie
#128 Posted: 13:23:34 18/02/2012
Haha, you'd be surprised at just how angry Cyndorks could get over her having boobs even before Sky Cynder. XD I think the piece of art I did that got the most whiny, screaming comments of all was a pic of DotD Cynder with bazongas; it got almost 500 comments. XD When Skylanders Cynder was revealed and someone noticed her bewbz a ton of them freaked out, we got the "no, they're just scales! *sob*" defense brigade, and I think maybe two or three of them thought it was improvement. Meanwhile, everyone who used to love Cynder but grew to hate her because of her annoying fans were given a blessing from Heaven. :D
#129 Posted: 14:54:13 18/02/2012
Hm...

Who would you say epitomizes Cynder fantard douchebaggery?
---
#130 Posted: 15:40:16 18/02/2012
For as bad as they can get here on dS, nothing beats guys like Nerolovescynder or this creeper on another site who was calling himself Dark Spyro and literally stalking the artist Savage Cynder. Some guy named Sethisto/cccd9 (I think they're the same person) made all of 4chan hate her; he kind of moved on to MLP but his crazy Cynder love is still bubbling under the surface from what I hear. There are one or two others I know personally but, obviously, I'm not going to name names; aside from their Cynder obsessions they're pretty okay people and they know not to bug me overmuch about her. :D

Why is it that I know all of her nutty fans?! D: ;_; Maybe it's because I used to be one? :D I'm sad now. XD
#131 Posted: 16:59:54 18/02/2012
And the fans are also mad that the SpyroxCynder shipping wasn't even mentioned in ther biographies lol
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
FluffySundae Green Sparx Gems: 386
#132 Posted: 17:02:40 18/02/2012
Quote:
Some guy named Sethisto/cccd9 (I think they're the same person) made all of 4chan hate her; he kind of moved on to MLP but his crazy Cynder love is still bubbling under the surface from what I hear.

And who knew it was that guy who started Equestria Daily... oh wow. xD;; was he on here in earlier years? Because finally that name is ringing bells.
#133 Posted: 17:03:51 18/02/2012
Quote: Aura24
And the fans are also mad that the SpyroxCynder shipping wasn't even mentioned in ther biographies lol

I know, right?
---
but i love it all smooth
#134 Posted: 17:06:42 18/02/2012
lol It's funny that they're hating on Skylanders Cynder all because there's no love connection between her and Spyro.

Quote: FluffySundae
Quote:
Some guy named Sethisto/cccd9 (I think they're the same person) made all of 4chan hate her; he kind of moved on to MLP but his crazy Cynder love is still bubbling under the surface from what I hear.

And who knew it was that guy who started Equestria Daily... oh wow. xD;; was he on here in earlier years? Because finally that name is ringing bells.

Oh I remember Sethisto, the former DotD Cynder addict who kept expressing his love for a fictional character. At least he's not lurking around the Spyro fanbase anymore.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:07:14 18/02/2012 by Aura24
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#135 Posted: 17:17:49 18/02/2012
Quote: Aura24
lol It's funny that they're hating on Skylanders Cynder all because there's no love connection between her and Spyro.

Quote: FluffySundae
Quote:

Oh I remember Sethisto, the former DotD Cynder addict who kept expressing his love for a fictional character. At least he's not lurking around the Spyro fanbase anymore.

Did this guy come from an institution, by any chance?
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#136 Posted: 17:18:40 18/02/2012
No, I remember talking about him to you and several others on here in the past. He was just a crazy DotD Cynder addict.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#137 Posted: 17:27:37 18/02/2012
Rings a bell, now you mention it.
Damn my bad memory.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#138 Posted: 17:37:49 18/02/2012
Yeah, it was on the old and closed DotD Cynder topic in this section.
---
#139 Posted: 19:29:38 18/02/2012
I think Savage Cynder is a pretty potent example of Cynder insanity, stalker or no. Her gallery on DA is FULL of suggestive/sexual Cynder art, she trolls anti Cynder/pro Ember stuff to some extent, and she'll never finish what she starts, she seems to block anyone who has a decent comeback to her, or who even has the 'audacity' to disagree.
---
#140 Posted: 19:32:44 18/02/2012
Savage Cynder? I had an encounter with her on an Ember piece of art (I think it was SC..).
I called her a hypocrite for saying something like "IM SOOO SICK OF EMBER FANS GETTING AWAY WITH EVERYTHING!11!" which clearly isn't true. Ember fans never get away with anything because Cynder fans complain 24/7 while Cynder fans get away with anything they want.
She then blocked me, so I had to respond to her on her other account (which she never responded back).
What a wuss.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:34:44 18/02/2012 by LevanJess
FluffySundae Green Sparx Gems: 386
#141 Posted: 20:09:07 18/02/2012
Huh. Her username suits her. :)
#142 Posted: 20:13:50 18/02/2012
Quote: LevanJess
Savage Cynder? I had an encounter with her on an Ember piece of art (I think it was SC..).
I called her a hypocrite for saying something like "IM SOOO SICK OF EMBER FANS GETTING AWAY WITH EVERYTHING!11!" which clearly isn't true. Ember fans never get away with anything because Cynder fans complain 24/7 while Cynder fans get away with anything they want.
She then blocked me, so I had to respond to her on her other account (which she never responded back).
What a wuss.

Something Spyro would say smilie
#143 Posted: 20:16:00 18/02/2012
@FS I agree

@SSF I can see him saying that xD
---
but i love it all smooth
#144 Posted: 20:22:18 18/02/2012
Quote: LevanJess
@FS I agree

@SSF I can see him saying that xD

He says that after he battled Gulp and the roof beings to cave in a little bit and Ripto and Crush run off like goons.
#145 Posted: 20:23:57 18/02/2012
He did?
Huh, I remember now. Haven't played the game in a while. I remember when he said "Hey, shorty!" though.
---
but i love it all smooth
#146 Posted: 20:28:16 18/02/2012
Oh lordy, I didn't know Sethisto had ever been here! Yikes! XD He's uh...yeah. Like I said, 4chan hates Cynder entirely because of him (and now they hate MLP, too, mostly because of him but also because bronies are the worst kind of furry).

I kind of worry about Savage Cynder. I've seen her non-dA stuff. Let's just say she does finish things, but she draws nothing but Cynder and tends to take her obsession with the character a bit too far. :/ It reminds me uncomfortably of a certain Ripto fan (who also has an obsessed Jacques fan counterpart now). Ugh. *shivers* Why is Spyro fandom so creepy sometimes? o.o I mean, really, I'm not innocent in all of this, but I did at least reach a point where I realized I was taking some of this stuff a bit too seriously and ruining my own fun.
#147 Posted: 20:33:26 18/02/2012
Oh lordy, I didn't know Sethisto had ever been here! Yikes! smilie He's uh...yeah. Like I said, 4chan hates Cynder entirely because of him (and now they hate MLP, too, mostly because of him but also because bronies are the worst kind of furry).

I kind of worry about Savage Cynder. I've seen her non-dA stuff. Let's just say she does finish things, but she draws nothing but Cynder and tends to take her obsession with the character a bit too far. :/ It reminds me uncomfortably of a certain Ripto fan (who also has an obsessed Jacques fan counterpart now). Ugh. *shivers* Why is Spyro fandom so creepy sometimes? o.o I mean, really, I'm not innocent in all of this, but I did at least reach a point where I realized I was taking some of this stuff a bit too seriously and ruining my own fun.

I admit I do like Spyro, but I don't want to get that far into it. And let's just say I do like to 'adventure' through the net now and then, but not constantly. I always like to think that too much of one thing is bad for you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:53 18/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#148 Posted: 21:00:02 18/02/2012
Oh, almost all of the bad art of Elora there is was either a gift for me or I paid someone to do it (or drew it myself). :D But I balance that out with, you know, liking other things and not letting my life revolve around a fictional character. It's okay to be a fantard sometimes, but getting so deep into it that you start harassing other people is going too far, which is, as has been pointed out a lot here, the big problem with most of Cynder's fanbase.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#149 Posted: 21:39:29 18/02/2012
Oh lordy, I didn't know Sethisto had ever been here! Yikes! smilie He's uh...yeah. Like I said, 4chan hates Cynder entirely because of him (and now they hate MLP, too, mostly because of him but also because bronies are the worst kind of furry).

How dare you. Bronies arn't furries at all!

I NEED to meet Sethisto, he is a DOTD Cynder fan AND the founder of Equestria Daily.
#150 Posted: 01:40:44 19/02/2012
I must be the only SXC shipper who likes to troll his own fellow fans and run amuck for the laughs.

Oh well every fandom has it's creepy deranged to obsessive and asshole fans
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me