Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Favorite Spyro Franchise Females That Aren't Cynder
Page 1 of 1
Favorite Spyro Franchise Females That Aren't Cynder [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#1 Posted: 09:41:53 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Another topic made me curious about which Spyro girls you guys like besides the obvious purple/blue/gray/black/whatever star of LoS. I'll refrain from mentioning my picks here because, honestly, if you don't know them by now, you must be pretty new. smilie Extras and minor characters count here and you can pick more than one and tell us why (or not) for the following categories:

appearance

personality/attitude

role in the game

To sweeten the deal, if nobody mentions a certain dragoness between now and next Tuesday (February 21) and stays on topic the entire time, I will draw the most popular female character in the topic (or maybe even the most popular from each of the categories) hanging out with everyone's favorite undead, maybe-evil dragoness.

tl;dr version:

Who's your favorite girl in all of Spyro besides Cyn-what's-her-name? Who's your favorite in terms of:
1. appearance
2. personality/attitude
3. role in the game
If you guys can not mention a certain popular dragoness AND stay on topic for a whole week in this single thread, I will draw a pretty picture with said dragon and the other popular ladies in it.

If you need to ask a question, PM me and I'll clarify in this post.

Got it? Good luck and have fun!

Edit: Alas, for the second time, you guys couldn't go a week without mentioning Cynder. And there was only one day to go. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:05:40 20/02/2012 by Razz
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#2 Posted: 10:10:41 14/02/2012
I only know of Ember, I know there were a few random ones in the first Spyro game. I actually don't mind Ember and if they included her more in AHT, I bet Spyro and Ember would have both been quite funny. I thought it was amusing when Spyro got embarrassed when Ember was basically asking him out. Sparx could have had some dialogue thrown in too, he could have made fun of Spyro, and called him a "Purple putz" I still don't know what the heck that is. I only hear him call that once in ETD. It would be nice to see what Elora and Bianca would be like in dragon style, I can imagine Hunter being epic in that style too. To find out on other female dragons I'd probably have to play the first Spyro game again since that is probably the only game that has other dragons in. So far I'd say Ember. Not really sure about her appearance though, it's sort of too girly, I sort of want something, how do I put it 'rough' being put into her, because she really can't look that innocent. LOL Also Ember seems to be the only female character that sticks out from the rest.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:12:32 14/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#3 Posted: 10:22:14 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I should clarify by "franchise female", I mean every girl from the Spyro games ever, dragon or not (preferably not dragon, even, at least in my case). There are tons of really great female characters in the Spyro series from Bianca and Sheila to Teena and Sparx's mom, and we shouldn't forget newcomers like Hex and Stealth Elf.
#4 Posted: 10:33:37 14/02/2012
Quote: Razz
I should clarify by "franchise female", I mean every girl from the Spyro games ever, dragon or not (preferably not dragon, even, at least in my case). There are tons of really great female characters in the Spyro series from Bianca and Sheila to Teena and Sparx's mom, and we shouldn't forget newcomers like Hex and Stealth Elf.

Oh okay fair enough, then definitely not Ember. There are better female characters than her, I'd say Elora is my favourite one out of them all to be honest. I must admit I really can't be bothered to really go in depth about it though. It would be like typing up a whole essay about one thing. Also, it's been a couple of hours since I got out of bed, so I'm half asleep. Well at the time of typing this up.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:34:54 14/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#5 Posted: 10:36:55 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Hee, if you ever do want to write an essay about why you like Elora, there's a group that would love to read it. smilie
#6 Posted: 10:38:35 14/02/2012
Hee, if you ever do want to write an essay about why you like Elora, there's a group that would love to read it. smilie

I may take that up in the future when I've got a clear head, there's too many cobwebs in there at the moment.
IF Green Sparx Gems: 488
#7 Posted: 20:11:16 14/02/2012
Adama

1. She's a cheetah in Shadow Legacy with blue tribal clothes
2. Much more adultly than Hunter. Calm and Helpful at the most.
3. Made medicine for Hunter's father and assisted Spyro in his quest.

gotta love any other Cheetah besides hunter smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#8 Posted: 21:00:15 14/02/2012
What's wrong with Hunter IF?

I like Ember... She's so cute and full of potential since she had so little developement.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#9 Posted: 21:19:29 14/02/2012
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
What's wrong with Hunter IF?

I like Ember... She's so cute and full of potential since she had so little developement.

Theres nothing wrong with hunter.
It's just nice to know his species(spyrowise) isn't on the verge of non-exsistency.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#10 Posted: 22:03:53 14/02/2012
OH MAN, THE NOSTALGIA.
THE FIRST TOPIC I EVER POSTED IN WAS THE 2010 VERSION OF THIS.

Anyway, I always thought the Nanny from AHT was funny. And Gretel from GtG and YotD.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#11 Posted: 22:30:13 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Remember to stay on-topic, guys. We're talking about the ladies here (minus one) and nothing else. I'll let the post about Hunter slide, but if it happens again this week, the contest will be lost. PM people for off-topic conversations or start a new thread.

Hey, you're right, SB! smilie I guess hope springs eternal for me and I wanted to give darkSpyro another chance. smilie Gretel was both cute and terrifying for me (and she had one heck of a mean ninja jump kick smilie).
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#12 Posted: 01:44:27 15/02/2012
Oh I remember Gretel! She was cool. I also like Sheila alot and that female lion (or was it a mouse???) she went to 'save' in the mini level in Sunny Villa in Spyro 3.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#13 Posted: 02:08:04 15/02/2012
appearance: Elora

personality/attitude: Sheila

role in the game: Bianca (she played a big part in the story of YotD)
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#14 Posted: 03:17:11 15/02/2012
Every Hummingbird from YotD.
No, I am not joking at all.

I honestly hate everything about that level; but talking to the hummingbirds seem so fun.
It might be the French accents(since I love hearing accents) or the fact that hummingbirds are one of the few birds I like. Or both.

And if no one remembers any of them; no, they weren't very important. In fact; you were freezing them from cages because they got captured. They appeared in the portal that you free Sgt. Byrd from(Sgt. Byrd's Base).

And one last thing...

"Request permission to cheer, sir... Hip Hip Hooray!"
<3
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#15 Posted: 04:37:55 15/02/2012
Oh, so many, Razz.

In "A Hero's Tail" there was this elegantly-dressed vixen who sounded like Julie Andrews, I only remember her name as "The Ice Princess."

1. appearance-Quite lovely.
2. personality/attitude-Kind of snooty, but appreciated Spyro's help.
3. role in the game-Gave Spyro a light gem.

And I did like Bianca in"Year Of The Dragon" and "Enter The Dragonfly."

1. appearance-Started all shrouded, her shroud became a cape and by the end she looked good. Bianca looked even better in "Enter The Dragonfly."
2. personality/attitude-Little b**** at first, then warmed to first Hunter and then Spyro.
3. role in the game-Became a big help to Spyro.

In "A Hero's Tail" that hyena girl was sexy, but her laugh was annoying.

1. appearance-Good figure, nice markings too.
2. personality/attitude-Annoying laugh but needed help.
3. role in the game-Gave Spyro another light gem.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:32 15/02/2012 by Archae
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#16 Posted: 04:45:30 15/02/2012
If it counts, Stealth Elf.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#17 Posted: 05:39:13 15/02/2012
Now this topic, is good. We actually have more than 3 characters to choose from,

1. appearance: Sonic boom. Nuff said.
2. personality/attitude: Elora. She just had a cool personality. Dunno why, it was just cool.
3. role in the game: Bianca. I liked her... And hunter+bianca is an adorable pairing :3
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#18 Posted: 05:40:31 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Of course Stealth Elf counts! smilie

Oh, I loooove those hummingbirds! They're a big part of why I loved Sgt. Byrd's homeworld. They had such cute voices but they were also soldiers for the side of the good. smilie

Is it sad that I have no trouble at all remembering Teena (the hyena) and the Ice Princess (she really didn't have any other name)? smilie It helps that Teena is my favorite character from AHT and, as is my nature, I shipped her and the Ice Princess in a small 3-part saga I never wrote (but have notes for). smilie
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#19 Posted: 07:17:23 15/02/2012
Oh, I loooove those hummingbirds! They're a big part of why I loved Sgt. Byrd's homeworld. They had such cute voices but they were also soldiers for the side of the good. :)

Yessss!
I just found them all to be adorable. Sort of awkward how it's all just ladies at Sgt. Byrd's base but i'm not going to judge since having female soldiers sounds epic! 8D
#20 Posted: 08:02:18 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I always thought Sgt. Byrd was a sort of James Bond reference and that's why he had all those lovely hummingbird ladies around. Of course, he's a lot more monogamous than Bond could ever be. smilie
#21 Posted: 10:13:27 15/02/2012
I always thought Sgt. Byrd was a sort of James Bond reference and that's why he had all those lovely hummingbird ladies around. Of course, he's a lot more monogamous than Bond could ever be. smilie

Well In Spyro 3, Sgt.Byrd has a mini-game in Charmed Ridge and that green fairy who I've forgotten the name of calls him "James" and I immediately thought of 007. Quite strange how in A Hero's Tail that he doesn't get related to 007 at all. I suppose Insomniac Games just wanted to have a bit of fun with the character. And to be honest I had completely forgotten about the hyena in AHT, she was really cute and I actually liked her laugh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:14:51 15/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#22 Posted: 16:33:31 15/02/2012
Zoe.
Just for the fact, every time I died she'd be there. LOL
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#23 Posted: 22:25:40 15/02/2012
Bianca for her snarkiness and Elora for her sensibility plus they're major characters.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#24 Posted: 22:27:08 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I always did like Zoe. She was so friendly and helpful in RR and YotD, and drunk Zoe from AHT makes me laugh every time I see her. smilie

Dang, now I want to replay AHT. smilie
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#25 Posted: 22:38:20 15/02/2012
all of them, they're all my favorites!
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#26 Posted: 15:36:57 16/02/2012
I like Bianca the 2nd most, because hey, she may have some cliches, but hey! She is well designed, well developed (she isn't a monster, she just wants to have magic in realms), and what's more, she can appear in SkyLanders, without a doubt using magic of Spyro bosses (come on, I know youl all wanted to fry something with Ripto's fireballs, or be at other end of those annoying shockballs Gulp uses) smilie

But Elora.... I can't describe how much a great chara she is, there simply aren't words needed. But, I don't think I can properly imagine her fighting, and fit for SkyLanders. smilie

Hex, is propably best female SkyLander, and third best altogether (only beaten by Trig & Gill), simple as that. What is not great at hexen elf, who is goodie? She is awesome!
---
Keep smile
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#27 Posted: 21:27:53 17/02/2012
I just thought of two more:

In Skylanders, there's "Cali."

1. appearance-Nice looking
2. personality/attitude-Helpful to the Skylanders, and justifiably does a "facepalm" when Flynn shows off.
3. role in the game-Her challenges if a Skylander completes them upgrade their abilities.

Girl in "Pirate Seas"

1. appearance-Quite nice
2. personality/attitude-"The proverbial "damsel in distress"
3. role in the game-She needs to be rescued
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
#28 Posted: 08:58:25 19/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Giving this a little bump because it doesn't really count if the thread is quiet for a whole week. :D
#29 Posted: 10:15:14 19/02/2012
I think we ran out of characters to name, and since posters wanna look "original", they'll not post about a character already mentioned.

THERE. AREN'T. ENOUGH. FEMALES. IN. SPYRO!

And the fact that only part of them are really noticeable and memorable doesn't help either smilie

Does anyone know if Double Trouble and Wrecking Ball are males or females? Or they are androgynous/genderless? Or her- WHAT GENDER THEY JUST ARE?!
---
Keep smile
#30 Posted: 10:24:34 19/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I think Double Trouble and Wrecking Ball are dudes.

Blah. That's silly! There are tons of females in Spyro (with the one noticeable exception in the one part)! And there's nothing wrong with repeating characters. I did say I'd be drawing the most popular lady or ladies, but so far, I can't quite pick who's popular yet.
#31 Posted: 10:49:14 19/02/2012
That would be just redundant, the amount of male SkyLanders is already too damn hight!

I know it's silly(cone), but thats how human psychics work. From my observations, that is....
---
Keep smile
#32 Posted: 11:18:05 19/02/2012 | Topic Creator
That's not really how human psychies work at all. The real problem is that most entertainment industries are at least 10-50 years behind modern views and culture. The toy industry is especially problematic here. Frankly, after the sausage fest in the last Spyro game, I was overjoyed that there were more than two female Skylanders (and Stealth Elf gets the prominent position on the box). Better still, all the females are surprising well-rounded characters, from the young Stealth Elf looking for her place in the world to the grieving mother Sonic Boom trying to make everything better for her children and those of others. You almost never see a mother character in a major role in any game and you certainly never see her as a playable character until now. I really hope the next set of Skylanders will include more cool female characters.
#33 Posted: 13:38:04 19/02/2012
The bit about psychies was pointed on how all want to be original smilie

Aaaand yes, SB is 4th best SL, but she couldn't simply compete with Hex, or Gill Gunt for that matter.
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:45 19/02/2012 by matesds
#34 Posted: 14:23:09 19/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I like Sonic Boom and what she represents, but Stealth Elf is more my kind of lady and I love Hex's backstory, so... :D
#35 Posted: 14:51:19 19/02/2012
Stealth Elf feels too.... Generic without her being the team mom (Odd considering that the team has actual mother on disposal that doesn't assume this role)

And.... Come on, this ain't tred for just me & Razz, anyone joinin'? Or I messed it upy by posting here, as always?
---
Keep smile
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#36 Posted: 15:18:36 19/02/2012
Quote:
SB is 4th best SL

I get so confused when that happens.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#37 Posted: 20:41:22 19/02/2012
Somebody else posted! :jjjeah:

^I don't understand wah'd'cha mean sonicbrawler....
---
Keep smile
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#38 Posted: 04:29:39 20/02/2012
None of the Skyladies since I haven't had the opportunity of playing Spyro's Adventure yet. I'll have to go with Ember, Elora, Bianca, and Sheila. Oh! And the Ice Princess. And Teena (I think that's her name?)
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#39 Posted: 05:53:37 20/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Haha, I like "Skyladies" as a word. XD And, yay, another Teena fan! :)
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#40 Posted: 15:24:02 20/02/2012
Beside Cynder hm....

1. appearance: Elora
2. personality/attitude: Stealth Elf
3. role in the game:Sheila
#41 Posted: 15:50:37 20/02/2012
I don't have PS2 nor Hero's Tail....

I don't know Teena smilie
---
Keep smile
#42 Posted: 17:04:55 20/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Aww! Spyrocrash, you lost it for everyone. And we only had one day to go. :( Well, so much for my faith in the ability of user to read...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me