Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Which was the best? [CLOSED]
Sup Red Sparx Gems: 61
#1 Posted: 16:40:36 10/02/2012 | Topic Creator
What is everybody's favorite Spyro game? There all kinda equal to me, but I think that GtG is slightly more equal than the others. smilie
---
We are no longer the Knights who say Ni.
NI!
Shh!
FluffySundae Green Sparx Gems: 386
#2 Posted: 17:14:48 10/02/2012
Season of Flame. It's probably the best to consider "classic feeling" out of all four on the GBA. I just find it addicting. The levels are a blast and creative. I didn't mind Ripto's return in this one.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#3 Posted: 19:10:08 10/02/2012
Quote: Sup
What is everybody's favorite Spyro game? There all kinda equal to me, but I think that GtG is slightly more equal than the others. smilie

this is gonna start a war you know.
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#4 Posted: 21:34:57 10/02/2012
*puts up shield against flame wars*
Personally, The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.Tell me how messed up the fights were in that game,tell me how Arborik is unforgiving and Gaul is easymodo, but just the plain athmosphere of that game is astounding and breath-taking to me. You can really feel that some disaster is about to happen,that you may not suceed. And the concepts for that game were awesome,too bad the graphics weren't as good.

Gameplay-wise, Shadow Legacy. Despite the glitches and limitations,it's one of the most fun games I have ever played,and it brought back many characters from the old games,as if they wanted a final goodbye before the Legend series. The game also had a few awesome new characters(The Sorcerer <3),and a very good ending to Red and the characters from A Hero's Tail. Not a very memorable or hard game,but was undoubtely worth it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
DNova89 Ripto Gems: 12
#5 Posted: 22:09:39 10/02/2012
I'd say a tie between DOTD and Spyro 1. Spyro was was so loveable and colorful, but had it's issues (No swimming), so I say I'm stuck between that and Spyro 2. DOTD, however, had two player, free flight, and a great fighting system... everything I could want in Spyro, but I didn't care for the plotholes.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#6 Posted: 22:30:44 10/02/2012
Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer, I love MOST of the challenges, there's probably one or two I dislike than the others. It's the most colourful and atmospheric game I've played out of all the other Spyro games, and Stewart Copeland's influence is a god send and his music seems to have improved without overdoing it with too many sounds. I like the design of Spyro and is my favourite as he looks so angry all the time which is cool, it kind of makes him a lot cuter actually. I love having to unlock abilities as the game progresses and having to back track to earlier levels to finish them off. All the bosses are epic, especially Ripto. I think Tom Kenny is probably at his best in this one, or maybe he sounds better in Year of the Dragon, I'm not entirely sure for that one. I love the theme of each homeworld, it just gives you a break to go back to every once in a while from an epic level. smilie
#7 Posted: 22:32:24 10/02/2012
Oh yeah, I forgot the music! Never mind, my vote changes to Spyro 1 and 2.
#8 Posted: 22:33:31 10/02/2012
Quote: DNova89
Oh yeah, I forgot the music! Never mind, my vote changes to Spyro 1 and 2.

What? Just because of the soundtrack? Lol.
#9 Posted: 22:37:14 10/02/2012
It's good music. It's enough to tip it away from DOTD.
#10 Posted: 22:38:21 10/02/2012
It's good music. It's enough to tip it away from DOTD.

Wow, Stewart Copeland can do that for you. smilie Edit: He must be a genius.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:42 10/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#11 Posted: 22:39:36 10/02/2012
Sure is. Could you imagine those songs on Rock Band?
#12 Posted: 22:42:39 10/02/2012
Sure is. Could you imagine those songs on Rock Band?

It would be epic. Not all of them would fit for Rock Band though, especially the home worlds in Spyro 2.
#13 Posted: 22:46:36 10/02/2012
Those are just ambient.

I heard of a PC clone of it, called Frets on Fire, and someone made like... 20 of the songs from the first four Spyros.

I can't play them without a bot smilie
#14 Posted: 22:49:55 10/02/2012
Those are just ambient.

I heard of a PC clone of it, called Frets on Fire, and someone made like... 20 of the songs from the first four Spyros.

I can't play them without a bot smilie

Spyro music is cute. Just like Spyro.
#15 Posted: 22:51:31 10/02/2012
I like how it's so tranquil and mesmerizing and graceful...
#16 Posted: 22:57:26 10/02/2012
I like how it's so tranquil and mesmerizing and graceful...

Yeah, I agree.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#17 Posted: 23:08:33 10/02/2012
I really liked EtD despite all of the glitches. I loved the music and to me the graphics looked beautiful. It was the first game I owned of Spyro and it brings back good memories. Also TEN. I was so confused when I first played it but I thought the music was great and the although overly dark for a Spyro game story was great to me too.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#18 Posted: 23:31:20 10/02/2012
I loved EtD! It's graphics rocked for a 2002 game! It was so beautiful too.

I don't know why everyone says it is glitchy though. I never found any glitches.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#19 Posted: 23:56:20 10/02/2012
Ripto's Rage. It took everything that made Spyro 1 great and improved on it. Spyro 3, while it was good, wasn't as great as 2 in my opinion.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#20 Posted: 00:48:36 11/02/2012
Year of the Dragon and Skylanders for me. <3
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#21 Posted: 06:36:27 11/02/2012
Spyro The Dragon. It has anazing gameplay. I didn't enjoy Ripto's Rage as much(I don't know why, I just get bored alot when I play it) and the original beats the third game because of nostalgia.
---
Like A Boss!
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#22 Posted: 09:02:45 11/02/2012
I loved EtD! It's graphics rocked for a 2002 game! It was so beautiful too.

I don't know why everyone says it is glitchy though. I never found any glitches.

Another EtD fan, Yay!X3 I thought it was so pretty with all of the scenery I still do. Maybe it's nostolgia, idk.

The glitches on the other hand for me at least were horrid. I think my copy had every glitch it possibly could have on it. Nonetheless I love it dearly!smilie
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:03:21 11/02/2012 by BlackNight12
#23 Posted: 14:43:16 11/02/2012 | Topic Creator
You know, I'm kinda suprised there aren't more Skylanders fans.
---
NI!
Shh!
#24 Posted: 15:09:53 11/02/2012
I'm sort of not. I don't know, it was like... 30 bucks more than DOTD.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#25 Posted: 15:44:17 11/02/2012
I'm not a fan of Skylanders because it brought back too much from other games,even if it was a hella fun and inovating video game. And it's not only from Spyro.
Find Ally-Get Artifact-Get Source-Defeat Kaos if Needed;rinse,repeat.Even if it's a common formula for RPGs and fantasy games in general,it's just too easy to notice that you already can guess what will happen. I hope that there are more plot twists in Giants,because I nearly hoped for Kaos to get the Fire Source when he had the chance...Only to beat him easily.

It's a great game,but it's not the kind of game I'm going to spend so much for so little. Well,now anymore,since I'll get some more toys to train and use in Giants,but it's not so great on it's own.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#26 Posted: 16:10:08 11/02/2012
ripto's rage
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#27 Posted: 18:29:35 11/02/2012

I'm not. Skylanders is the new Legend of Spyro. Declaring you like that version over the previous brands you a heretic.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#28 Posted: 02:44:36 12/02/2012
I like that one game where he gets stoned.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#29 Posted: 03:10:51 12/02/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182

BUT THERE'S ROCKS IN ALMOST EVERY GAME.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7372
#30 Posted: 07:28:04 12/02/2012
The three classic games and DotD.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#31 Posted: 19:42:26 12/02/2012

You mean the mobile DotD, right? smilie

For me, Ripto's Rage or Year of the Dragon. I love 'em both to pieces.

Quote: Bifrost
Personally, The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.Tell me how messed up the fights were in that game,tell me how Arborik is unforgiving and Gaul is easymodo, but just the plain athmosphere of that game is astounding and breath-taking to me. You can really feel that some disaster is about to happen,that you may not suceed. And the concepts for that game were awesome,too bad the graphics weren't as good.

I know so many people hated that game. But that was the one Legend game I loved completely.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#32 Posted: 21:44:31 12/02/2012
Quote: RadSpyro

I know so many people hated that game. But that was the one Legend game I loved completely.

I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, but how do you manage to love TEN? smilie I have honestly tried and it's impossible for me.
#33 Posted: 21:49:14 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: D-Rex

I'm not. Skylanders is the new Legend of Spyro. Declaring you like that version over the previous brands you a heretic.

Hey, I have a question. What level mage are you?
---
NI!
Shh!
Zarisxune Red Sparx Gems: 91
#34 Posted: 22:28:49 13/02/2012
I think I like number 3 the best...but it's been a while since I have actually played it...I will buy it again soon as its only $6 on the PSN store.
---
I have been nominated.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#35 Posted: 01:40:18 14/02/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, but how do you manage to love TEN? smilie I have honestly tried and it's impossible for me.

Haha, I don't know myself really smilie
I think it might have something to do with Dragon Time. I just love games where you can do that sort of thing.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#36 Posted: 09:12:20 14/02/2012

Haha, I don't know myself really smilie
I think it might have something to do with Dragon Time. I just love games where you can do that sort of thing.

Insomniac Games use that type of method in Ratchet and Clank, I think I have seen gameplay footage of it in A Crack in Time and I actually think Insomniac programmed it a lot better than Krome Studios. Dragon time in TEN can get a bit glitchy for me when I go to attack enemies. It also seems that when Spyro gets hit, it takes him even longer to fight back, so in that game he definitely is a Goonro. smilie
SpyroGirlCazy Emerald Sparx Gems: 4436
#37 Posted: 14:21:49 19/02/2012
Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer and all 3 of The Legend Of Spyro games are my favourites. :3
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#38 Posted: 14:49:24 19/02/2012
For me, it's Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, no contest. :)
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#39 Posted: 14:54:56 19/02/2012
Ripto's Rage. #Ihadanawesomechildhood
---
Keep smile
#40 Posted: 15:16:56 19/02/2012
Quote:
You mean the mobile DotD, right?

I was actually talkin' about AHT, but now you've got me curious.

-----------

And while there is discussion around TEN - I could never understand the complaints of it being "unfair" and "unforgiving". I personally never had any problems with the difficulty. It was a nice challenge, and I never felt frustrated (except for one section at the very end where you have to fight tons of enemies on a big circular platform, but I only found it frustrating on my first run). For me, that game is all about strategy. Once you strategize, you are fine. Button mashing is just going to make the game a tedious process.
---
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#41 Posted: 18:05:17 19/02/2012
[User Posted Image]

'nuff said.
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#42 Posted: 18:35:23 20/02/2012
Spyro 2 Riptos rage/gateway to glimmer
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#43 Posted: 18:39:18 20/02/2012
Well, it's a tie between the first and second games, really. But probably the first game as I have most Childhood memories of that one.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#44 Posted: 20:31:54 20/02/2012
Quote:

-----------

And while there is discussion around TEN - I could never understand the complaints of it being "unfair" and "unforgiving". I personally never had any problems with the difficulty. It was a nice challenge, and I never felt frustrated (except for one section at the very end where you have to fight tons of enemies on a big circular platform, but I only found it frustrating on my first run). For me, that game is all about strategy. Once you strategize, you are fine. Button mashing is just going to make the game a tedious process.

If you can play that game without any trouble at all, then you're my video game hero. smilie
#45 Posted: 20:37:11 20/02/2012
Quote:

-----------

If you can play that game without any trouble at all, then you're my video game hero. smilie

I'd rather be your villain, baby! smilie
---
#46 Posted: 20:40:33 20/02/2012

-----------

I'd rather be your villain, baby! smilie

Heck yes.
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6766
#47 Posted: 04:48:09 21/02/2012
Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon. Because it is more playable main characters have, plus it was still in the original, Insomniac Games, Universal Interactive Studios.With the new skills they already have Spyro and later you can get, especially for me to swim, and because the game is longer to complete.
ArbiDragon292 Gold Sparx Gems: 2337
#48 Posted: 07:29:24 21/02/2012
TLOS 3: DOTD, seeing Spyro & Cynder work together ,and you can play for 2 persons, the cooperative mode firts appears in the saga of Spyro, in this game.
---
GamerForceShow (GFS) on YouTube.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#49 Posted: 12:19:41 21/02/2012
Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage is and always will be my favourite Spyro game. It's the first Spyro game I've ever played and I find it the most fun to play.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me