Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
New Spyro game 2012 [CLOSED]
SpyroSparxfan1 Gold Sparx Gems: 2898
#1 Posted: 07:50:17 29/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry if a topic has been made for this, but just wanted to create a topic to discuss whether Spyro will be getting his own new game this year or in the future and anything related to that.
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#2 Posted: 10:16:54 29/01/2012
I think the only thing close to a new Spyro game this year is Skylanders: Giants apparently?
I don't think he'll get his own game this year, it's a bit early for that right now don't you think?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#3 Posted: 11:23:00 29/01/2012
I wish it were true.... But it seems more like he'll just have another Skylanders game..
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 11:31:07 29/01/2012
I think he'll get his own game next year, or if not he'll just get a 15 year anniversary release on PSN like Crash did/is.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#5 Posted: 11:42:05 29/01/2012
We're not likely to see a new Spryo game because Skylanders: Giants was registered unless all the Spyro's Aventure Skylanders are completely replaced by a new generation or something and we a PS3 remake of the PS1 Spyro trilogy (which happened with Goldeneye 007 and Tony Hawk's Proskater 1 and 2)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
ArbiDragon292 Gold Sparx Gems: 2337
#6 Posted: 21:18:26 29/01/2012
Now Spyro has his game this year, Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, but as altered the original story, do not think you fence to create another set of Spyro in such a short time, perhaps in the distant future, but for now, plays comply with Skylanders.
---
GamerForceShow (GFS) on YouTube.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#7 Posted: 21:11:12 30/01/2012
I'd like to have a new Spyro game where it goes back to the classics, but it probably won't happen.

!
I've got a great idea for a new Spyro game!
Spyro Generations! oh wait, Sonic's already done that smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
#8 Posted: 21:13:43 30/01/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
I'd like to have a new Spyro game where it goes back to the classics, but it probably won't happen.

!
I've got a great idea for a new Spyro game!
Spyro Generations! oh wait, Sonic's already done that smilie

Just think, there hasn't been a classic Spyro title for six years now. The chances of it going back seem very slim now. It feels like it has been forgotten by the developers.
#9 Posted: 21:19:29 30/01/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Just think, there hasn't been a classic Spyro title for six years now. The chances of it going back seem very slim now. It feels like it has been forgotten by the developers.

R.I.P.
Classic Spyro:
Forgotton by everyone, except the fans.
---
Bring the Fanta
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:19:46 30/01/2012 by TheSpyrofan12
#10 Posted: 21:22:07 30/01/2012

R.I.P.
Classic Spyro:

It's not dead if you still play the series smilie
#11 Posted: 21:28:06 30/01/2012

R.I.P.
Classic Spyro:

Ok then, it's alive to fans, but dead to the developers
---
Bring the Fanta
#12 Posted: 21:56:13 30/01/2012

R.I.P.
Classic Spyro:

Ok then, it's alive to fans, but dead to the developers

That's actually quite sad. That something so great can be easily forgotten.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#13 Posted: 21:58:15 30/01/2012
Skylanders sequel. It's inevitable.

But he probably won't get his own game.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#14 Posted: 04:41:32 31/01/2012
Whats Skylanders: giants?
Is there already a skylanders 2 game announced?
I hope we can jump in this one...
Also, awesome! I was hoping for a skylanders 2. smilie
(just my opinion..dont flame me for it.)
Crap..I still didn't finish the first one.. D:
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:54 31/01/2012 by cowpowa23
SuperFlyght Red Sparx Gems: 22
#15 Posted: 22:45:50 01/02/2012
It is the Year of the Dragon!
It would actually be very fitting for a new Spyro game, considering 12 years ago, Spyro Year of the Dragon was released. XD

But it takes a lot of time to create and develop a game, and I predict that the next game will be a sequel to Skylanders.

...Or something else? I dunno. More than likely, he would get another reboot in personality change or at least design if they make a new series with Spyro.

I really only stick with the classics and buy and play the new games when they go waaay down in price. Skylanders is still expensive, so I'll wait a while. XD
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#16 Posted: 07:49:01 02/02/2012
The next game will probably be a Skylanders sequel. The game sold very well, and Activision is one of those companies who want as much money as possible.

And the classics hasn't been forgotten. Sparx's appearance, Spyro's personality, the fun atmosphere, goofy characters and sheep are all related to the classics. Skylanders has many Classic elements, and I believe it's more like the Classics than AHT.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:56:13 02/02/2012 by DarkCynder_543
xSpringWeatherx Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#17 Posted: 08:08:59 02/02/2012
The next game? Huh, I don't know, maybe a sequal to Skylanders but I'm not really sure, it seems as if it's just a one time thing to me, though, I know they are diffently not going back to the Legends series and I they're probably not going back to the Classics, either.

Just my opinion, you nevere know, right? Expect the unexpected.
---
~Ooh, just close the door~
#18 Posted: 17:17:11 02/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Didn't Activision say they'd give Spyro his own game if Skylander's sold well?
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#19 Posted: 23:59:09 02/02/2012
Quote: SpyroSparxfan1
Didn't Activision say they'd give Spyro his own game if Skylander's sold well?

Yes. That means one of two things. Either Activision is going to take back what they said about it, or there is going to be two different games released.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#20 Posted: 05:00:48 03/02/2012
Actually, despite how long it's been before the movie of spyro has come out, I believe that spyro will SOONER or later get another game and/or movie.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#21 Posted: 18:43:20 03/02/2012
i find it hard to beleve so i've e-mailed the person and aske them to give me some details, witch i will share with all of you.

ps: if anyone knows what this song is, please tell me.
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#22 Posted: 22:57:43 03/02/2012
I didn't have to watch more than 30 seconds of that vid to know it's completely rumor based on desperate fanboy dreams. The only true thing in it is that Activision has once in the past mentioned that they might make another Spyro game. Might, not would. The fact that the whole video is filled with nothing but desperate wishful thinking on the part of LoS fans really clinches that it's all rumors. Of all the LoS games, DotD sold the worst. If Activision really is going to make another Spyro game, it's almost guaranteed to be a Skylanders tie-in using that version of Spyro and friends, especially if it comes out in 2012 (and you wouldn't want a game built from the ground up that was put together in less than a year).

Honestly, I doubt there will be a new Spyro game in 2012 since Skylanders came out so late in 2011. Activision will likely be putting most of their resources into promoting what they have and working on a title that will, at the soonest, see release in early 2013.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#23 Posted: 23:44:17 03/02/2012
Apparently, Activision said that Spyro may get his own game if Skylanders sells well, and it did. I think it sold more than they expected.

Due to this, I except to see another Spyro game in the future. Maybe we may know something as early as late 2012. Maybe not now, but I do think he will come back because Skylanders did so well. If a Spyro game does get confirmed, I don't expect it to come out until early 2014, around March.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#24 Posted: 01:33:20 04/02/2012
Quote: Razz
I didn't have to watch more than 30 seconds of that vid to know it's completely rumor based on desperate fanboy dreams. The only true thing in it is that Activision has once in the past mentioned that they might make another Spyro game. Might, not would. The fact that the whole video is filled with nothing but desperate wishful thinking on the part of LoS fans really clinches that it's all rumors. Of all the LoS games, DotD sold the worst. If Activision really is going to make another Spyro game, it's almost guaranteed to be a Skylanders tie-in using that version of Spyro and friends, especially if it comes out in 2012 (and you wouldn't want a game built from the ground up that was put together in less than a year).

Actually, DOTD sold the most copies. Not that that's a reflection on the quality of the game of course. It's interesting to know how many of those copies were returned smilie
#25 Posted: 16:21:48 04/02/2012
^i bought dotd for ps2 last year, it had over 19 return stickers,, and a huge scratch that made it not work.
---
#26 Posted: 19:00:12 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I just would really like for Spyro to have his own standalone game again.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#27 Posted: 18:03:28 05/02/2012
How about instead of making a crossover game with all 3 Spyro's; we pick up where the classics left off.
*sniped.*
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#28 Posted: 18:05:31 05/02/2012
Quote: parisruelz12
How about instead of making a crossover game with all 3 Spyro's; we pick up where the classics left off.
*sniped.*

Epic fail in my opinion.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#29 Posted: 18:12:12 05/02/2012
Thats why I said 'sniped'. I know it wasn't going to work. It be a fail; your right.
It was a joke.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#30 Posted: 18:13:55 05/02/2012
Thats why I said 'sniped'. I know it wasn't going to work. It be a fail; your right.
It was a joke.

*sniped* and *shot* are both new to me, I'm sure when I first came here no one used to type that so I don't know where they came from.
darkspyro199 Gold Sparx Gems: 2102
#31 Posted: 20:23:08 05/02/2012
I don't think so I hope though
---
Been here 13 years now... D: Man I'm old.
Azrael Red Sparx Gems: 37
#32 Posted: 00:06:31 06/02/2012
It was a joke.

*sniped* and *shot* are both new to me, I'm sure when I first came here no one used to type that so I don't know where they came from.

I rarely see people use them anymore but they're old thing used on forums for ages. A few people that have the habit of using them probably still do but I think that's all.

As for a new game? I wouldn't expect anything. Skylanders just came out and honestly I don't even know where the dragon is going after this. I kind of think he's at the end of his line with games. But who knows, maybe they'll keep using him.
#33 Posted: 16:47:45 06/02/2012
Quote: Azrael
It was a joke.

I rarely see people use them anymore but they're old thing used on forums for ages. A few people that have the habit of using them probably still do but I think that's all.

As for a new game? I wouldn't expect anything. Skylanders just came out and honestly I don't even know where the dragon is going after this. I kind of think he's at the end of his line with games. But who knows, maybe they'll keep using him.

What's the point of bringing Spyro the Dragon back into video games after two years and then suddenly stop using him again? Unless it's just meant to make Skylanders more noticeable? Which I think is a bit of a tease for certain fans.
#34 Posted: 22:07:17 06/02/2012

What's the point of bringing Spyro the Dragon back into video games after two years and then suddenly stop using him again? Unless it's just meant to make Skylanders more noticeable? Which I think is a bit of a tease for certain fans.

From what I heard, that was all Activisions plan was. Maybe they'll change their mind but without Spyro (and Cynder), I don't think this game would have been quite as popular. From what it always seemed like to me they went, "Well this game won't sell that well right off that bat. Let's use an iconic character so parents will be more inclined to buy this for their kids!"

I still hope we see more of Spyro of course, this game did seem pretty popular. I'm just not going to get my hopes up. Heck I'm still waiting to see if they'll release another real Crash game. (I don't really count those iPhone/iPad games)
#35 Posted: 22:12:32 06/02/2012

From what I heard, that was all Activisions plan was. Maybe they'll change their mind but without Spyro (and Cynder), I don't think this game would have been quite as popular. From what it always seemed like to me they went, "Well this game won't sell that well right off that bat. Let's use an iconic character so parents will be more inclined to buy this for their kids!"

I still hope we see more of Spyro of course, this game did seem pretty popular. I'm just not going to get my hopes up. Heck I'm still waiting to see if they'll release another real Crash game. (I don't really count those iPhone/iPad games)

@ first bold part: Oh I thought it was more like "If long time fans see that Spyro and Cynder are in this game then it will become more recognisable"

@ second bold part: Neither do I, and to be honest, I don't really care that much for Crash Bandicoot, I never have done really, even in my childhood, the only Crash game that I think is alright is Crash Twinsanity. I've tried to get into the series from the beginning so many times, and I find the game to be frustrating more than anything so it really doesn't appeal to me at all. Also, I don't really count GBA or any type of handheld to be an actual official game, that's just my opinion.
#36 Posted: 22:29:37 06/02/2012

@ first bold part: Oh I thought it was more like "If long time fans see that Spyro and Cynder are in this game then it will become more recognisable"

@ second bold part: Neither do I, and to be honest, I don't really care that much for Crash Bandicoot, I never have done really, even in my childhood, the only Crash game that I think is alright is Crash Twinsanity. I've tried to get into the series from the beginning so many times, and I find the game to be frustrating more than anything so it really doesn't appeal to me at all. Also, I don't really count GBA or any type of handheld to be an actual official game, that's just my opinion.

Again, this is just what I heard. I could be TOTALLY wrong. This is how a lot of fans I knew felt in the beginning when it was first announced. It sure as heck didn't mean we weren't excited but we felt like it was just Spyro being there for more attention to the game.

Crash certainly isn't for everybody. I grew up with him and I love the challenge of the games but they are pretty darn annoying so I can understand that. GBA doesn't really count since half the time those are made by another developer anyway and not the people the currently own the character. (Like Sonic GBA games for example.)
#37 Posted: 22:44:00 06/02/2012

Again, this is just what I heard. I could be TOTALLY wrong. This is how a lot of fans I knew felt in the beginning when it was first announced. It sure as heck didn't mean we weren't excited but we felt like it was just Spyro being there for more attention to the game.

Crash certainly isn't for everybody. I grew up with him and I love the challenge of the games but they are pretty darn annoying so I can understand that. GBA doesn't really count since half the time those are made by another developer anyway and not the people the currently own the character. (Like Sonic GBA games for example.)

@ bold: I suppose it's quite clever of Activision really.

I grew up with Crash Bandicoot too, I knew someone close to me that used to play Crash round at my Dad's place. I also remember playing a Crash 3 demo on my own some other time and that's how I found out about Spyro as I played that on the same demo disc too, I still have the disc as a matter of fact. I used to own so many demo discs and I regretfully threw all of them away apart from one.

@ italics: Yeah I know, even the Spyro handheld games are done by different developers, but apparently the first three on the GBA are meant to be pretty good, I've played SOI from a friend I knew and it was fun, can be a little confusing because the way the camera is positioned and the speedways are stupid.
#38 Posted: 18:41:39 08/02/2012
well, theres going to be a new game, unfortuneatly its for skylanders, stupid lying activison >(
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#39 Posted: 21:44:42 08/02/2012
Quote: huge dotd freak
well, theres going to be a new game, unfortuneatly its for skylanders, stupid lying activison >(

I never saw a proof that Activision actually said that. It was just a rumor, probably made up by a dreaming fan.
#40 Posted: 22:12:09 08/02/2012

Except Activision didn't lie. They would have lied if they had said "The next game we announce will be a Spyro game where he is the main focus".
ShaqUoh Ripto Gems: 12
#41 Posted: 01:14:53 09/02/2012
Meh, I'm done.
#42 Posted: 11:46:46 09/02/2012
You never posted in the first place?
#43 Posted: 20:18:54 09/02/2012
Quote: bionicle2809

Except Activision didn't lie. They would have lied if they had said "The next game we announce will be a Spyro game where he is the main focus".

i geuss thats true
---
#44 Posted: 21:20:55 09/02/2012
Quote: Reimu

Done with hoping or expecting something that just isn't to be. Even if there is a new Spyro, it's going to be sculpted in Activision's vision.

Give any man of business something, and he will search for every way to make it as it would be in his own vision. Man looks for what pleases himself and benefits himself.

That being said, I have no confidence it would be interesting. In fact, it's likely to be generic, minimalistic, and weak.
#45 Posted: 21:33:52 09/02/2012
Quote: ShaqUoh
Quote: Reimu

Done with hoping or expecting something that just isn't to be. Even if there is a new Spyro, it's going to be sculpted in Activision's vision.

Give any man of business something, and he will search for every way to make it as it would be in his own vision. Man looks for what pleases himself and benefits himself.

That being said, I have no confidence it would be interesting. In fact, it's likely to be generic, minimalistic, and weak.

That's what seems to happen when products get too commercialised. Even the Tomb Raider series has got like that now.
#46 Posted: 22:04:02 09/02/2012
I must say, I can't think of any series beyond the Megaman series that has had as many reboots as Spyro (Megaman had three: X series, Legends, Battle network). But Megaman is 25 years old and (due to time and games released) has sold more. Spyro is 14 years and has had nearly as many reboots.

That means: Megaman is near twice as old as Spyro, with only one more reboot. Two reboots were in the same decade.
#47 Posted: 22:06:19 09/02/2012
Tomb Raider had a lot too I think
#48 Posted: 22:56:41 09/02/2012
Tomb Raider, however, stayed rather consistent. It held more cohesively.

Spyro was all over the place. It's been everywhere but the incinerator.
Megaman... I don't know, only one of the reboots really worked well, and two were very short lived.
#49 Posted: 06:59:59 10/02/2012
Quote: ShaqUoh
Tomb Raider, however, stayed rather consistent. It held more cohesively.

Spyro was all over the place. It's been everywhere but the incinerator.
Megaman... I don't know, only one of the reboots really worked well, and two were very short lived.

Tomb Raider got a reboot in 2006, and is currently going through yet another reboot this year. To be honest though I'm not really a big Tomb Raider fan, I'm more for the first game that came out in 1996 than the rest. Legend that came out as a reboot in 2006 was nearly just as good as the gameplay felt refreshed whereas the previous Tomb Raider games developed by Core Design felt exactly the same all the time, it seemed to me that all they did in their sequels was to try and make the levels a lot more complicated than before. It was nice that they added new moves and weapons for Lara but the levels gave me a headache. Anniversary was when it began to get a bit crazy in my opinion, and the same with Underworld. Anniversary sometimes felt like it tried to be too good in a sense of it felt like it was going a bit OTT with how you deal with enemies and bosses just got a bit complex but the levels were dumbed down a lot compared to the original game. It's still a good game but not fantastic, the combat with enemies were a lot worse than in Legend in my opinion. Underworld felt a bit rushed like DOTD, there were vast amounts of glitches and the gameplay felt sort of sticky in a way. Combat was very weird, it was dumbed down but dumbed down too much, and the AI of enemies messes up just like DOTD. With the new Tomb Raider coming out this year, it doesn't look very promising to me at all, it looks like too much of a Silent Hill rip off to me, LOL. Just with a few extras to try and make it different from that series. I think that Tomb Raider got too commercialised years ago. I'd say since 1999 when it began like that.

Also I'd say that the Spyro series has been going on for eleven years, not fourteen as no content from Spyro came out between 2009 and 2010. In 2010 I actually thought the series was over because in the year it started to 2008 there wasn't a year with no content in between and since 2009 it was the first time that the series took a break, I also thought that because of Sierra Entertainment shutting down and Activision obtaining Crash and Spyro, I thought that both of the series had just finished and it just belonged to Activision I didn't think that they were going to bother with them (we don't know about Crash yet, but I know it has gone a year or two longer than Spyro) I assumed Activision were just going to stick with Guitar Hero and Call of Duty. I often wonder if the series should have just been left alone after YOTD, just like the Croc games, there was only two of them on the PlayStation and when the PlayStation 2 came out the series was left alone.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:16:59 10/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
Zarisxune Red Sparx Gems: 91
#50 Posted: 23:06:37 13/02/2012
As Activision claimed they put Spyro's name on Skylanders to introduce him to kids who had no idea who he was, it would make sense if they made some new games for him....I just hope they get Tom or Elijah to voice him...not...that guy who did Skylanders.
---
I have been nominated.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me