Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > wouldnt a spyro anime be nice?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
wouldnt a spyro anime be nice? [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#51 Posted: 01:00:02 05/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord
Telling someone they are high because you dont agree with their opinion is rude you troglodyte (I can play this game too). You are certainly allowed to disagree but using drug references on a site thats populated by children is even more disrespectful. I'm a child of the 80s. I watched the Thundercats, Silverhawks, G.I. Joe, Transformers, M.A.S.K., and all sorts of other shows I'd certainly say are leagues above things like the Powerpuff Girls. However you make me ashamed to be an adult on this site because you constantly behave like a complete tool. No one even compared shows like Adventure Time in the equation. That show is tripe. No arguement from me there. However because someone younger than me finds it enjoyable I'm not going to ask them what drugs they are taking. You want to educate people to higher quality entertainment stop making a mockery of yourself and remove your head from your posterior. Then maybe you can kindly try and steer them in a direction to better shows. As of right now your opinion amounts to jack on any topic because you cant stop being a dolt long enough for anyone to get past that.

@ bold: I'm a child of the 90's. smilie I grew up with Spyro the Dragon and Tomb Raider. smilie And The Beatles, somehow? smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#52 Posted: 01:02:01 05/02/2012
Telling someone they are high because you dont agree with their opinion is rude you troglodyte (I can play this game too). You are certainly allowed to disagree but using drug references on a site thats populated by children is even more disrespectful. I'm a child of the 80s. I watched the Thundercats, Silverhawks, G.I. Joe, Transformers, M.A.S.K., and all sorts of other shows I'd certainly say are leagues above things like the Powerpuff Girls. However you make me ashamed to be an adult on this site because you constantly behave like a complete tool. No one even compared shows like Adventure Time in the equation. That show is tripe. No arguement from me there. However because someone younger than me finds it enjoyable I'm not going to ask them what drugs they are taking. You want to educate people to higher quality entertainment stop making a mockery of yourself and remove your head from your posterior. Then maybe you can kindly try and steer them in a direction to better shows. As of right now your opinion amounts to jack on any topic because you cant stop being a dolt long enough for anyone to get past that.

Really? Hey pot. What is it kettle? Your black.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#53 Posted: 01:04:01 05/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Can you stop?
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#54 Posted: 01:07:10 05/02/2012

Thank you for continuing to prove my point. When you can actually come up with an educated retort I'll be here.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#55 Posted: 01:52:38 05/02/2012
He's being rude again as per normal Monsinour fare. The implication is saying you must be high to have the opinion that its a good show and your praise of it.

I was not being rude you ignoramus (that's rude). I disagree that powerpuff crap is a good show that adults can enjoy. I have seen enough of them to formulate an opinion and I just don't like that carp. It falls into the same cowl of ****ake mushrooms as dexter's lab. I also don't see the facination with "regular show" or "adventure time." Cartoons are just not what they used to be. Gimme thunder cats, voltron, g.I. joe, old transformers where megatron is a gun and bumble bee is a vw beetle OR best ever, the old Saturday morning D & D.

I guess it's a generation gap thing, because I really don't like any of those shows you mentioned. People praise G.I Joe, Thundercats and Transformers like they're the best things ever. Personally I think they're boring. That's not to say I can't handle slow paced shows or movies though. Movies like Kiki's Delivery Service and Fantasia are absolutely brilliant to me, and those slow paced character driven cartoons like Sketchbook Full Colours or The Raccoons are really enjoyable too. Old 80s action cartoons just don't do it for me. They just seem completely generic. I'm 22 years old, born in 89, so I guess I grew up watching animation that was a lot more fast paced, but like I said, I enjoy slow stuff too. It all depends what you watched as a kid. It's called nostalgia, and we all fall victim to it. For all I know, Powerpuff Girls isn't that great. For all you know, G.I Joe isn't that great. In the end, it really doesn't matter what other people think of the shows you enjoy, so long as you enjoy them. I can call Transorfmers a slow, boring 22 minute toy commercial, and you can call Powerpuff Girls a show designed for high people with ADHD who get a kick out of shiny objects. Regardless of what we think of each other's favourite shows, we know that we still like them, and that's what's important.

Though at least the two of us can agree that Dexter's Laboratory sucks. : )
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#56 Posted: 02:04:27 05/02/2012
Baskin Robins ice cream has 31 flavors. There's a reason for that.

I'm 46, grew up on Bullwinkle and original Loony Tunes.

I loved the Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Lab when they were fresh.
I love Sponge Bob
I love Regular Show and Adventure Time right now.

I've liked -some- Anime, just not a whole lot. Doesn't make Anime bad, means I don't like it. Nothing more.

Everyone has different tastes. Makes the world much more interesting that way.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#57 Posted: 02:12:17 05/02/2012

Thank you for continuing to prove my point. When you can actually come up with an educated retort I'll be here.

Actually stating that you are just like me is a very poignant point. You think I am wrong and I think your wrong. History will show that in 20 years when they don't do a remake of "girls" or when they don't do movies of "girls" what cartoons are better.

Realistically, I can't believe I am arguing about carfreakingtoons. They are all crap just like anything that is on network tv. BTW inflating your own ego only displays your vanity and desire to always be "right" without opening your mind to other points of view. So I will escuse myself from the room so there will be plenty of room for your self inflated ego to expand.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#58 Posted: 02:22:20 05/02/2012

Actually stating that you are just like me is a very poignant point. You think I am wrong and I think your wrong. History will show that in 20 years when they don't do a remake of "girls" or when they don't do movies of "girls" what cartoons are better.

Realistically, I can't believe I am arguing about carfreakingtoons. They are all crap just like anything that is on network tv. BTW inflating your own ego only displays your vanity and desire to always be "right" without opening your mind to other points of view. So I will escuse myself from the room so there will be plenty of room for your self inflated ego to expand.

How am I like you? I'm not the one with a reputation on the boards for being asinine. Whatever dude. If you didnt want to argue about car "freaking" toons why did you even respond in the thread? A remake of anything rarely has anything to do with quality it depends on a product that is believed can net profit.
#59 Posted: 02:23:40 05/02/2012
Quote: DinoHex
In the end, it really doesn't matter what other people think of the shows you enjoy, so long as you enjoy them. I can call Transorfmers a slow, boring 22 minute toy commercial, and you can call Powerpuff Girls a show designed for high people with ADHD who get a kick out of shiny objects. Regardless of what we think of each other's favourite shows, we know that we still like them, and that's what's important.

Though at least the two of us can agree that Dexter's Laboratory sucks. : )

That's how you disagree with someone without being all high and mighty. Practly perfect post, save for the ADHD. That stuff isn't real. Its a cop out by Dr.s attempting to appease lazy parents doing a really bad parenting job by offering a pill as a solution. ADD and ADHD kids need a swift kick in the ass.

And yea, transformers was in a way a 22 minute comercial, but what isn't nowadays? How many movie producers hace said that the movie is a "90 minute comercial for DVD sales." So long as you are enjoying that 22 minute comercial, who cares?
---
My kids own :
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:26:00 05/02/2012 by Monsinour
#60 Posted: 02:23:48 05/02/2012
*ahem* So anyways, let's say they did make a Spyro anime, but it was based on Skylanders. Surely they'd have to pick one of each element for the lead team of main characters. Who would you want to see as the main characters? Meaning that other Skylanders would probably only have a couple episodes dedicated to them, kind of like how every episode of Pokemon focuses on a random Pokemon of the day. Who would you like to see as the main characters?

I think it would be

Spyro (leader of the team)
Stump Smash (grumpy old man of the team)
Hex (the mysterious woman member on the team)
Flameslinger (the cocky guy who thinks super high of himself)
Gill Grunt (He's a main character of the game pretty much, and easily the most "main charactery" design of the water element, if that makes any sense)
Drobot (a good choice for the kids because kids love robots and dragons, so combining them is always awesome)
Warnado (Tornados are awesome, and hey, if Ninja Turtles works on kids, might as well throw a turtle as a main character)
and probably Dino Rang. I don't have a great reason for him being a main character other than he looks the most marketable. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:29:20 05/02/2012 by DinoHex
#61 Posted: 02:29:11 05/02/2012
*ahem* So anyways, let's say they did make a Spyro anime, but it was based on Skylanders. Surely they'd have to pick one of each element for the lead team of main characters. Who would you want to see as the main characters? Meaning that other Skylanders would probably only have a a couple episodes dedicated to them, kind of like how every episode of Pokemon focuses on a random Pokemon of the day. Who would you like to see as the main characters?

I think it would be

Gill Grunt (He's a main character of the game pretty much, and easily the most "main charactery" design of the water element, if that makes any sense)
Drobot (a good choice for the kids because kids love robots and dragons, so combining them is always awesome)
Warnado (Tornados are awesome, and hey, if Ninja Turtles works on kids, might as well throw a turtle as a main character)
and probably Dino Rang. I don't have a great reason for him being a main character other than he looks the most marketable. smilie

Hmm.. Main leads. Personally I think Stealth Elf would more than likely get the main Life lead given her placement on a lot of the game ads. She'd likely get the mysterious woman member role. Undead I'd likely give to Cynder for a secondary female role over the course of eight members and to have the more than likely "romantic" tension between a character and the main character.
#62 Posted: 02:31:47 05/02/2012
*ahem* So anyways, let's say they did make a Spyro anime, but it was based on Skylanders. Surely they'd have to pick one of each element for the lead team of main characters. Who would you want to see as the main characters? Meaning that other Skylanders would probably only have a a couple episodes dedicated to them, kind of like how every episode of Pokemon focuses on a random Pokemon of the day. Who would you like to see as the main characters?

I think it would be

Hmm.. Main leads. Personally I think Stealth Elf would more than likely get the main Life lead given her placement on a lot of the game ads. She'd likely get the mysterious woman member role. Undead I'd likely give to Cynder for a secondary female role over the course of eight members and to have the more than likely "romantic" tension between a character and the main character.

Hmm. You're probably right about Cynder. I forgot about her. :/ That's probably a more likely choice. I guess I just want to see Stump Smash be a grumpy gus all the time. smilie
---
KittehDragon Green Sparx Gems: 165
#63 Posted: 02:37:47 05/02/2012 | Topic Creator
sonicboom would be the main air for me
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
#64 Posted: 02:38:00 05/02/2012
The living tree does make sense for the "old war vet" type. I could see a couple others for the role though, Ignitor or Eruptor could be grumpy Fire types. Terrafin or Dinorang could be grumpy Earth types
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:21 05/02/2012 by GothamLord
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#65 Posted: 02:38:42 05/02/2012
I think if they did use characters, they'd have an assortment, comparable to Batman: The Brave and the Bold, where Batman (Spyro) teams up with a different hero (Skylander) every episode.

The more common ones would be Trigger Happy and Gil Grunt, but I'd guess that there'd be many appearances by characters we saw in the intro video: Slam Bam, Terrafin, Boomer, Dino-Rang, Eruptor, Chop Chop, Ignitor, Stealth Elf and Stump Smash.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#66 Posted: 02:39:13 05/02/2012
Quote: KittehDragon
sonicboom would be the main air for me

If this topic talks about Skylanders anime, would you mind changing the title where it says 'spyro' to the word 'Skylanders', Kitteh?

The word 'Spyro' could refer to anything: the games, media, or the character himself.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:43:02 05/02/2012 by Aura24
#67 Posted: 02:42:37 05/02/2012
The living tree does make since for the "old war vet" type. I could see a couple others for the role though, Ignitor or Eruptor could be grumpy Fire types. Terrafin or Dinorang could be grumpy Earth types

I always imagined Dino-Rang as a kind of happy-go-lucky guy, but that's mostly just because he reminds me of Vector the alligator from the Sonic series. smilie

[User Posted Image]

Quote: spyroflame0487
I think if they did use characters, they'd have an assortment, comparable to Batman: The Brave and the Bold, where Batman (Spyro) teams up with a different hero (Skylander) every episode.

>.< Why didn't I think of that? Yeah, that's probably how it would go.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:41 05/02/2012 by DinoHex
#68 Posted: 02:47:16 05/02/2012
Maybe I first had thoughts of the Kremlins from the Donkey Kong Country games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:47:50 05/02/2012 by GothamLord
#69 Posted: 02:50:41 05/02/2012
It'd be great if they just had Boomer talk like the Tazmanian Devil. I usually either imagine him with that voice, or the voice of Bevis from Bevis and Butthead.
---
#70 Posted: 02:53:00 05/02/2012
Trigger Happy always struck me more as the insane character that didnt really speak. He has a catch phrase but its not really a quote. Boomer I think has actual quotes to him.
#71 Posted: 02:55:45 05/02/2012
It's strange how the two completely insane Skylanders are both Tech elements. Activision must be prejudiced towards mechanics. smilie
---
#72 Posted: 12:44:34 05/02/2012
This should be 'wouldn't a skylanders anime be nice?' since that seems to be most popular right now.
#73 Posted: 15:38:39 05/02/2012
^That's what I was asking Kitteh last night. The topic poster originally had this topic talk about a possible anime with Spyro in general, and not Skylanders. Then kitteh made a copy of this topic in the General section.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:46:57 05/02/2012 by Aura24
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#74 Posted: 15:39:46 05/02/2012
and then people argue about cartoons and anime.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#75 Posted: 15:50:43 05/02/2012
Quote: Aura24
^That's what I was asking Kitteh last night. The topic poster originally had this topic talk about a possible anime with Spyro in general, and not Skylanders. Then kitteh made a copy of this topic in the General section.

If thats so, then why is this still open?

Ah well. This could still be a talk about Skylanders anime
---
Bring the Fanta
#76 Posted: 15:51:36 05/02/2012
Kitteh has yet to change the title from 'Spyro' to 'Skylanders' though.
---
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#77 Posted: 17:00:44 05/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

The more common ones would be Trigger Happy and Gil Grunt, but I'd guess that there'd be many appearances by characters we saw in the intro video: Slam Bam, Terrafin, Boomer, Dino-Rang, Eruptor, Chop Chop, Ignitor, Stealth Elf and Stump Smash.

Originally I had thought of the Justice League cartoon. A core group of mains like Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman and The Flash, with rotated in second bananas like Green Arrow etc.

But perhaps your idea with just one main (Spyro of course) and rotated supporting characters might be better and more fair.

By the way, Prism Break reminds me of Heavy from TF2.

---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me