Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > wouldnt a spyro anime be nice?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
wouldnt a spyro anime be nice? [CLOSED]
KittehDragon Green Sparx Gems: 165
#1 Posted: 20:14:12 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
i think it would. starting with his ps1 days to today.
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#2 Posted: 20:16:33 04/02/2012
Wouldn't this be more suited in General?
---
Bring the Fanta
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 20:18:16 04/02/2012
You would know by now that some new users sometimes post in the wrong sections.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#4 Posted: 20:19:31 04/02/2012
Yeah, it's a simple mistake that always happens
---
Bring the Fanta
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#5 Posted: 20:20:51 04/02/2012
That'd be cool! I love to see what anime Moneybags would look like smilie
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#6 Posted: 20:23:01 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
sorry i forgot to post in genral
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#7 Posted: 20:39:36 04/02/2012
I think it'd be pretty cool, in all honesty. It'd also put Spyro back in the originals a majority (if not all) of the fanbase loves so much.

Quote: TorchSheep
I love to see what anime Moneybags would look like smilie

^ Also: this.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#8 Posted: 20:41:05 04/02/2012
No. Absolutely not.

Too many stupid cliches in anime.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
#9 Posted: 20:42:26 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Archae
No. Absolutely not.

not really
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
#10 Posted: 20:43:56 04/02/2012
No. Absolutely not.

Why should they stop now then smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
#11 Posted: 20:44:46 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
No. Absolutely not.

have you ever even seen lucky star? smilie
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#12 Posted: 20:47:09 04/02/2012
I'm not big on anime myself, but I wouldn't go so far to say anime is all entirely cliched. Just the ones that are either popular, or attempt to copy popular ones. I do think the humor, of the ones I've seen, get pretty childish or slap-sticky, though.

If a Spyro anime was made, I'd give it a chance if it combined certain aspects of the whole series into one nice and simple plot. Without any attempts to be either too silly or too dramatic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:49:15 04/02/2012 by SilentButDeadly
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#13 Posted: 20:47:19 04/02/2012
Sounds like a stupid idea.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#14 Posted: 20:48:21 04/02/2012
why does so many here hate anime?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#15 Posted: 20:48:31 04/02/2012
A good idea of a Spyro anime could be Classic mixed with Skylanders
---
Bring the Fanta
#16 Posted: 20:49:21 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
thats why i posted it here spyrofan smilie
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
#17 Posted: 20:50:14 04/02/2012
^ oh, makes sense
---
Bring the Fanta
#18 Posted: 20:51:39 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
personally, reflecting on the skylanders, sonicboom would propaly be adoarble in anime :3
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
#19 Posted: 20:52:34 04/02/2012
Quote: KittehDragon
personally, reflecting on the skylanders, sonicboom would propaly be adoarble in anime :3

I bet at least half of them will look good in anime
---
Bring the Fanta
#20 Posted: 20:53:13 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
wrecking ball would be even cuter
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
#21 Posted: 20:56:13 04/02/2012
Wrecking Ball + extra cuteness = OVERKILL!
---
Bring the Fanta
#22 Posted: 20:57:22 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
trigger happy would be a little MORE detailed. (not that hes not)
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#23 Posted: 20:57:23 04/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
Wrecking Ball + extra cuteness = OVERKILL!

So awesome! smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#24 Posted: 20:58:08 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
lol i wish i could animate
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#25 Posted: 21:06:00 04/02/2012
An anime based on an American property doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Just look at what Japan did with Powerpuff Girls Z. That is up there in the top two worst tv shows I've ever sat through. They managed to take EVERYTHING that was good about The Powerpuff Girls, and systematically ruin every single aspect of it. There are a few morons out there who say that it's better than the original American show, and those people instantly have zero credibility in my eyes, and I immediately classify them as hopeless weeaboos that wouldn't know a good thing if it came up to them and gave them free money.

To me, even if there WERE some good examples of a Japanese adaptation of an American property, what they puked out with Powerpuff Girls Z nullifies any good one they might have done.

So no, I don't think a Spyro anime would be a good idea. I'd rather take a cheaply made American CGI show than go through another Powerpuff Girls Z. smilie

Though in all fairness, Americans aren't any better at making American adaptations of Japanese properties, such as Godzilla, the Dragonball Z Movie, and let's not forget THE ADVENTURES OF SUPER MARIO BROS. 3, a show on par with, and maybe even WORSE than the dreadfulness that is Powerpuff Girls Z. I mean, at least in Powerpuff Girls Z they didn't have a god awful song in EVERY cartoon that made you want to shoot yourself.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:12:50 04/02/2012 by DinoHex
#26 Posted: 21:07:54 04/02/2012
hmm.. DinoHex has a point.
Anime are usually of Japanese things
---
Bring the Fanta
#27 Posted: 21:08:56 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
but that was one show.
---
Yay!
Nmh ftw
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#28 Posted: 21:19:53 04/02/2012
I look at the anime the same way I (try to) look at most things. It can always work in the right hands (Not like the utterly weird Stitch! anime).

I'm not just saying that to be redundant. I'm saying that to defend such an idea. (But again, I'm no anime fan)
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#29 Posted: 21:24:09 04/02/2012
Depends. A classic example of how anime can be good over here is Avatar. HOWEVER.
Anything that's been brought over from Japan will more than likely be dubbed by 4kids. And I think we all know what that means.

BELIEVE IT.

Personally, a plain jane cartoon would be just fine. Even a mini web series. And rather than have it traditionally animated, it'd have to look like the cutscenes/character profile things. That sort of look to the characters.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#30 Posted: 21:27:04 04/02/2012
Quote: DinoHex
An anime based on an American property doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Just look at what Japan did with Powerpuff Girls Z. That is up there in the top two worst tv shows I've ever sat through. They managed to take EVERYTHING that was good about The Powerpuff Girls, and systematically ruin every single aspect of it. There are a few morons out there who say that it's better than the original American show, and those people instantly have zero credibility in my eyes, and I immediately classify them as hopeless weeaboos that wouldn't know a good thing if it came up to them and gave them free money.

To me, even if there WERE some good examples of a Japanese adaptation of an American property, what they puked out with Powerpuff Girls Z nullifies any good one they might have done.

So no, I don't think a Spyro anime would be a good idea. I'd rather take a cheaply made American CGI show than go through another Powerpuff Girls Z. smilie

Though in all fairness, Americans aren't any better at making American adaptations of Japanese properties, such as Godzilla, the Dragonball Z Movie, and let's not forget THE ADVENTURES OF SUPER MARIO BROS. 3, a show on par with, and maybe even WORSE than the dreadfulness that is Powerpuff Girls Z. I mean, at least in Powerpuff Girls Z they didn't have a god awful song in EVERY cartoon that made you want to shoot yourself.

Wait a second, powerpuff girls was good? The rule is puff, puff, pass. Don't bogart that stuff.

As far as anime, akira and aeon flux were the only "good" things. Adapting one culture influenced property to another is hard and not always sucessful. Sometimes it is best to just translate and leave it at that, see jackie chan movies that have been dubbed.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#31 Posted: 21:36:36 04/02/2012

Spyro 1 and 2 (maybe 3, since the theme is there..) were japanese franchised. Maybe just the first 3 classics?

I don't know.. I just want a regular cartoon.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#32 Posted: 21:37:39 04/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Depends. A classic example of how anime can be good over here is Avatar. HOWEVER.
Anything that's been brought over from Japan will more than likely be dubbed by 4kids. And I think we all know what that means.

BELIEVE IT.

Personally, a plain jane cartoon would be just fine. Even a mini web series. And rather than have it traditionally animated, it'd have to look like the cutscenes/character profile things. That sort of look to the characters.

Avatar: The Last Airbender wasnt anime. It was very much an American animated show that infused some anime influence because of the Asian-influenced world. There werent women pulling mallets from dimensional pockets to hit people or guys getting insane blood loss from nosebleeds because they landed in the oversized busom of well endowed women.
#33 Posted: 21:38:17 04/02/2012
Quote: spyrathedragon

Spyro 1 and 2 (maybe 3, since the theme is there..) were japanese franchised. Maybe just the first 3 classics?

I don't know.. I just want a regular cartoon.

Anime, Cartoon, pretty much no difference (anime is a japanese cartoon)
---
Bring the Fanta
#34 Posted: 21:39:35 04/02/2012
Um... There is a HUGE difference between a western styled cartoon and Japanese anime.
#35 Posted: 21:44:26 04/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Wait a second, powerpuff girls was good? The rule is puff, puff, pass. Don't bogart that stuff.

As far as anime, akira and aeon flux were the only "good" things. Adapting one culture influenced property to another is hard and not always sucessful. Sometimes it is best to just translate and leave it at that, see jackie chan movies that have been dubbed.

Yup. The original Powerpuff Girls show is a flippin masterpiece. What most people don't realize about the show is that overall, it's mostly targeted towards a male audience than female. Yeah is has little girls as the main characters, but aside from that it's pretty much a show for guys. The show is a parody of both American comic books and Japanese animation, (so right from the very premise of the show it's ill-suited for a Japanese adaptation) and it's a very well written show that's hilarious, has a lot of over the top Hannah Barbara violence (which is something most people don't know about the show is that it was done by Hannah Barbara, and only later taken over by Cartoon Network around season 5) and it has an amazing cast of characters, particularity the villains. It's really a show that fans of animation should watch.
---
#36 Posted: 22:15:40 04/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour

Yup. The original Powerpuff Girls show is a flippin masterpiece. What most people don't realize about the show is that overall, it's mostly targeted towards a male audience than female. Yeah is has little girls as the main characters, but aside from that it's pretty much a show for guys. The show is a parody of both American comic books and Japanese animation, (so right from the very premise of the show it's ill-suited for a Japanese adaptation) and it's a very well written show that's hilarious, has a lot of over the top Hannah Barbara violence (which is something most people don't know about the show is that it was done by Hannah Barbara, and only later taken over by Cartoon Network around season 5) and it has an amazing cast of characters, particularity the villains. It's really a show that fans of animation should watch.

Seriously, its time to pass that blunt.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#37 Posted: 22:56:39 04/02/2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genndy_Tartakovsky

Let Genndy Tartakovsky do it. He's Midas of cartoons.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#38 Posted: 23:11:19 04/02/2012
"Seriously, its time to pass that blunt."

Forgive me for not knowing the lingo, but what does that mean?
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#39 Posted: 23:20:40 04/02/2012
Quote: SilentButDeadly
I'm not big on anime myself, but I wouldn't go so far to say anime is all entirely cliched. Just the ones that are either popular, or attempt to copy popular ones. I do think the humor, of the ones I've seen, get pretty childish or slap-sticky, though.

If a Spyro anime was made, I'd give it a chance if it combined certain aspects of the whole series into one nice and simple plot. Without any attempts to be either too silly or too dramatic.

Agreed. If it has to be silly, it should match the same silliness as the Insomniac Spyro games had.
#40 Posted: 23:20:47 04/02/2012
He's being rude again as per normal Monsinour fare. The implication is saying you must be high to have the opinion that its a good show and your praise of it.
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#41 Posted: 23:21:54 04/02/2012
That means you're so freaking high that everybody else wants a nice trip aswell.
---
smilie
#42 Posted: 23:42:21 04/02/2012
Meh. To each his own I suppose. A lot of the really good shows I watch are tough sells to people on the internet who can't find any enjoyment in something colourful or kid friendly or clever. No matter how much I try to tell people that Thomas the Tank Engine Seasons 1-3 is an intelligent show with clever writing, sharp wit, an incredible musical score, and unique and groundbreaking animation that both kids and adults can enjoy, I'm never going to convince anyone to give it a try because "it's a stupid kids show". Sure, everything after season 3 is garbage, but those early episodes still hold up to this day, and are fantastic. Same with Powerpuff Girls. It's a tough sell to the typical online crowd who can't enjoy anything unless there's a sex joke in it every 20 seconds. I mean, it's not like TV shows NEED clever writing, funny jokes, or fun and likable characters. All you need is to make 22 minutes of random scenes that have nothing to do with each other, throw in sex jokes, swearing, and have the show consist mostly of pop-cultural references rather than think up any jokes of their own, and BOOM! Instant "classic".

Man, TV sucks these days. -__-
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:48:13 04/02/2012 by DinoHex
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#43 Posted: 23:47:52 04/02/2012
there ARE good amines out there too, and not every anime is blood from nose, school girls with buttshort miniskirts, mallets and other animals fighting for them.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#44 Posted: 23:51:19 04/02/2012
Quote: LyraDragon
there ARE good amines out there too, and not every anime is blood from nose, school girls with buttshort miniskirts, mallets and other animals fighting for them.

There are plenty of anime I really love. I'm more referring to the current state of english speaking TV shows.

Some great anime include Kero Kero Chime, Mahoujin Guru Guru, Sketchbook Full Colours, Binchou-tan, Cat Soup, Kogepan, Azumanga Daioh, Doki Doki School Hours (well, the first 9 episodes) Hoshi no Kaabii, (The Kirby anime, but not the horrendous dub version 4 kids puked out) Ichigo Mashimaro, and many others.

Even though I don't watch anime too much anymore, I still give it some credit that even though it's very cheap animation a lot of times, at least it has traditional animation in it. It's not like 95% of cartoons in english speaking countries that are completely CGI now. smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:56:29 04/02/2012 by DinoHex
#45 Posted: 23:56:02 04/02/2012
I dont think anyone has said there isnt *any* good Anime. At least thats not my point. However there is a very common "anime style" that defines the genre. Certain facial expressions...Cruciform popping veins, sweat drops, blush dots, etc.

[User Posted Image]

These arent typically used in western animation, or used in the same way.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:56:58 04/02/2012 by GothamLord
#46 Posted: 23:59:44 04/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord
I dont think anyone has said there isnt *any* good Anime. At least thats not my point. However there is a very common "anime style" that defines the genre. Certain facial expressions...Cruciform popping veins, sweat drops, blush dots, etc.

[User Posted Image]

These arent typically used in western animation, or used in the same way.

My stance on the issue is that anime and western cartoons SHOULD all be referred to as just "cartoons", but the Japanese style of animation, humour, story telling, and the sort of content Japan allows in cartoons is so vastly different to western cartoons that they really do have to be classified into separate catagories, despite the fact that both are technically cartoons.
---
#47 Posted: 00:12:23 05/02/2012
Well yeah its like defining both Italian and Chinese dishes as "food". Its a totally accurate statement but neither are treated or prepared the same way. I personally get annoyed when people on the internet scream for something to be made as an ANIME! Doing that to me is asking for it to be treated with the animation style, humour and expressions of Japanese storytelling. Some material can transfer well to that. Other things don't. I dont want to see a chibi Kaos do the sudden falling to the floor reaction with one or more extremities twisted above him or herself when something unexpected happening, or lightning bolts between the eyes of characters arguing. Just not what I want to see out of Skylanders. I fully endorse a animated Skylanders cartoon. I would just prefer a Western stylized take.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#48 Posted: 00:15:04 05/02/2012
^This. I like anime, but Skylanders just isn't suited for it. Also, if it was, the Skylanders section would get swamped with all the stupid weeboos thinking they know everything about Skylanders... I get enough 'kawaii desu' from dA.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#49 Posted: 00:45:37 05/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord
He's being rude again as per normal Monsinour fare. The implication is saying you must be high to have the opinion that its a good show and your praise of it.

I was not being rude you ignoramus (that's rude). I disagree that powerpuff crap is a good show that adults can enjoy. I have seen enough of them to formulate an opinion and I just don't like that carp. It falls into the same cowl of ****ake mushrooms as dexter's lab. I also don't see the facination with "regular show" or "adventure time." Cartoons are just not what they used to be. Gimme thunder cats, voltron, g.I. joe, old transformers where megatron is a gun and bumble bee is a vw beetle OR best ever, the old Saturday morning D & D.
---
My kids own :
#50 Posted: 00:56:51 05/02/2012
Telling someone they are high because you dont agree with their opinion is rude you troglodyte (I can play this game too). You are certainly allowed to disagree but using drug references on a site thats populated by children is even more disrespectful. I'm a child of the 80s. I watched the Thundercats, Silverhawks, G.I. Joe, Transformers, M.A.S.K., and all sorts of other shows I'd certainly say are leagues above things like the Powerpuff Girls. However you make me ashamed to be an adult on this site because you constantly behave like a complete tool. No one even compared shows like Adventure Time in the equation. That show is tripe. No arguement from me there. However because someone younger than me finds it enjoyable I'm not going to ask them what drugs they are taking. You want to educate people to higher quality entertainment stop making a mockery of yourself and remove your head from your posterior. Then maybe you can kindly try and steer them in a direction to better shows. As of right now your opinion amounts to jack on any topic because you cant stop being a dolt long enough for anyone to get past that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:43 05/02/2012 by GothamLord
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me