Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Frustating Times in Spyro Games
Page 1 of 1
Frustating Times in Spyro Games [CLOSED]
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#1 Posted: 05:35:39 29/01/2012 | Topic Creator
What was YOURS?
And in mean when you're playing in-game. Not "OMG THEY CHANGED HIS DESIGN!!!!1!!" or "Spyro's voice sounds funny! They need a better actor!"

Examples: Hard to accomplish mini-games in "classic" series, puzzles in TLoS series, and Heroic challenges in Skylanders...

(Others game like DS and GBA games count as well.)

My most frustrating things in the classic Spyro games was whenever I was missing gems.
And what frutrasted me the most was the fact that i'd be close to completing the level 100% but I was missing one gem. And it was a low number red or green gem! (And for some reason it's those two gems that get me mad! XD I don't mind it when i'm missing one yellow gem or blue gem...)
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#2 Posted: 05:43:02 29/01/2012
1. Being knocked back when hit in TEN. It leaves you wide open to another attack if you are surrounded. This guarantees that you're going to die. It's just as bad if you're in a platformer section, where you're in the middle of flying and you get it.

2. Those spider thingies in ANB. The ones you had to horn dive onto.

3. Shadow Legacy. I would always get stuck on it as a kid.

4. Various glitches in DotD.
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6766
#3 Posted: 07:36:27 29/01/2012
Losing the game, I mean, who does not like to lose, the rest is fun.
Leafex Yellow Sparx Gems: 1055
#4 Posted: 07:56:49 29/01/2012
The fight with the Ravage Rider in TEN, after you deplete his first health bar.
The enemies in DotD taking forever to kill.
---
http://laurel-tree.deviantart.com/

As uncertain as things are, none of us can remain idle and watch our worst fears unfold before us.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#5 Posted: 10:14:33 29/01/2012
Some of the flight levels in STD can be annoying because if there was one last obstacle to collect, and as Spyro is flying towards it, there's like two seconds to get to it, and I fail and have to start the whole course again. That's happened to me on the same flight level a good few times.

One particular egg thief in STD that stays around the water so if you fall in you either lose health or lose a life. It can be tricky to get these ones because they turn so sharp and when Spyro charges, if he goes to turn, he doesn't turn sharply enough, it's sort of like he's turning around on ice.

There are many to list, I'll list more later if I can be bothered, because I could literally be here all day, putting things on here that annoy me in Spyro games, in the end, it will make it sound like I should be hating the game, when I still love Spyro...
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#6 Posted: 16:53:25 29/01/2012
The speedways in Spyro games can be very challenging, especially when you're almost done and have to start over...
Some of the challenges in YotD, like the tanks in Haunted Tomb and the yeti boxing in Frozen Altars.
Missing 1 - 20 gems in the end of the level and having to go through the whole entire game again to get them.
Some bad glitches in the first 5 games.

The annoying enemies in DotD.
The annoying dog things in TEN.
Does the boring level design in some levels in LoS count?
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:00:24 29/01/2012 by LevanJess
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#7 Posted: 16:56:13 29/01/2012
Playing ETD. On the Dolphin emulator.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#8 Posted: 17:26:45 29/01/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Playing ETD. On the Dolphin emulator.

Dolphin emulator? What are you on about? smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#9 Posted: 19:57:55 29/01/2012
Dolphin is a Wii/GC emulator.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#10 Posted: 20:43:14 29/01/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Dolphin is a Wii/GC emulator.

Thanks. I thought you were trying to make a joke, lol.
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#11 Posted: 20:49:07 29/01/2012
falling forest kaoses last spell it is loooooooong
ArbiDragon292 Gold Sparx Gems: 2337
#12 Posted: 21:12:49 29/01/2012
My opinion:
They should have made **************the Spyro's health bar longer, in this case, Sparx had more strength, and not just 4 hits and you, Spyro dead.
For those of Sierra Entertainment, which the health bar as I was longer, or that Spyro had won or resistance, rather than 5 to 6 hits and Spyro dead.

Quote: VespiDragon8

Never stop being so sarcastic, the better I say nothing.
---
GamerForceShow (GFS) on YouTube.
#13 Posted: 21:33:07 29/01/2012
Quote: ArbiDragon292
My opinion:
They should have made **************the Spyro's health bar longer, in this case, Sparx had more strength, and not just 4 hits and you, Spyro dead.
For those of Sierra Entertainment, which the health bar as I was longer, or that Spyro had won or resistance, rather than 5 to 6 hits and Spyro dead.

Quote: VespiDragon8

Never stop being so sarcastic, the better I say nothing.

I'm quite happy with the four hits of Spyro, the enemies seriously aren't that difficult to defeat in the Classics, so I can understand why wouldn't need as much health, they got to make it a bit more challenging by doing something haven't they? I mean look at the original Crash Bandicoot, that was literally one hit and you're dead, you only got extra hits from Uka Uka. And he was hard to come by depending on how well you play.
ArbiDragon292 Gold Sparx Gems: 2337
#14 Posted: 18:23:41 31/01/2012
^At least one has to strain to reach the next level, and collect everything.
No such game that only do one thing and that is all, or that the plot of the game is boring and / or the same thing in other games.
---
GamerForceShow (GFS) on YouTube.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#15 Posted: 18:48:23 31/01/2012
Two words. ANCIENT.GROVE.

I'll never like eletric jellyfishes ever again.I spent so many hours trying to jump on them just to get shocked and thrown off,dammit. Mountain Fortress was just as bad because of the waves and waves and waves and waves of endless enemies,but then that's why Dragon Time is so useful in TEN.

Arkeyan Armory was kinda frustrating as well,but once you know how to dodge the Arkeyan Ultrons,it's fine again.

Also,the most frustating thing ever. Teleport Glitch on Shadow Legacy. Curse you all the way to YOTD, Forgotten Realms,but I went through your teleporter five times just to make sure it registered,only to get stuck forever when I got back to the Dragon Temple to upgrade.Seriously. Not even on Wizard's Peak or the lava pits in Avalar I could get back,and restarting the whole thing was the only option.At least I finished it 100% once...
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#16 Posted: 20:49:11 31/01/2012
Speedways,
100% TEN
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (entire game)
Spyro: Fusion (entire game)
---
Bring the Fanta
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#17 Posted: 21:14:34 31/01/2012
"Trouble with the trolley, eh?"
TheFireInside Gold Sparx Gems: 2426
#18 Posted: 21:36:37 31/01/2012
All Agent 9 minigames in Spyro 3. UGH! I've gotten every egg EXCEPT for his minigames! It's too hard, too frustrating and not worth it, because I just end up getting flustered and angry.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#19 Posted: 21:37:39 31/01/2012
These are all the frustrating struggles I used to have:

Spyro the Dragon
- Most of the flight levels. The only ones I had no problem with were Night Flight and Crystal Flight.
- Finding the last dragon in Haunted Towers.

Gateway to Glimmer
- The Agent Zero challenge.

Year of the Dragon
- Yeti boxing.
- The hovercraft challenge in Haunted Tomb.

Enter the Dragonfly
- The tank challenge in Honey Marsh.
- The platform challenge in Thieves Den.

A Hero's Tail
- The Blink mini games in Frostbite Village and Dark Mine.

Season of Ice
- Honey Marsh (Those who played the game will understand why).
- Collecting all the gems. I get lost really easily in that game, probably because there's no maps.

Fusion
- The tug o' war mini game on hard mode.

Dawn of the Dragon
- Controlling the free flight on the Wii version.
spyro glitcher Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#20 Posted: 21:53:30 31/01/2012
Fighting spike in Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon. I can't top the frustration he's caused me.
---
Toonami is comin' back! WOOP!
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#21 Posted: 01:11:34 01/02/2012
Not being able to skip Kaos rants in Skylanders, Those little bug things from TEN that were in the elemental rooms, and the Flight level races on ETD, thanks to the stupid raceway glitch...
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Zarisxune Red Sparx Gems: 91
#22 Posted: 01:36:24 14/02/2012
I agree...damn speedways!
---
I have been nominated.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me