Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Do you have and use cheat discs, codes, etc?
Page 1 of 1
Do you have and use cheat discs, codes, etc? [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#1 Posted: 03:29:46 02/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I haven't seen any useful ones for Skylanders yet, but I have a Playstation Game Shark disc I use for the first two Spyro games, and if available, game cheat codes for the rest.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Adjeca Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#2 Posted: 03:53:26 02/01/2012
Well, I believe reverse engineering to be fascinating. It certainly adds an interesting perspective.

I remember using a Game Genie on Sonic 2 that allowed me to jump across the whole level, haha. I have an action replay for Gamecube and I was able to access the debug menu on Smash Bros. Melee which was really cool. I was able to play on several levels I've never seen before and play as any character, even Master/Crazy Hand. There were tons more I could do.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#3 Posted: 04:21:21 02/01/2012
I've oddly never used any cheats for the original three Spyro games, EtD, AHT, or any of the handhelds I've played. But I made very extensive use of the cheats for ANB and DotD (if using Dark Spyro constantly in TEN once I had him counts as a cheat, then that too). Granted, I've only made 100$ in YotD and AHT once each and haven't done it again after that. But I love playing through RR/GtG with the super flame once I get it (which I've done at least twice).
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#4 Posted: 04:40:12 02/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
I've oddly never used any cheats for the original three Spyro games, EtD, AHT, or any of the handhelds I've played. But I made very extensive use of the cheats for ANB and DotD (if using Dark Spyro constantly in TEN once I had him counts as a cheat, then that too). Granted, I've only made 100$ in YotD and AHT once each and haven't done it again after that. But I love playing through RR/GtG with the super flame once I get it (which I've done at least twice).

Likewise here.
The cheat disc gives me superflame at the start.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#5 Posted: 10:48:18 02/01/2012
I've got a few Cheat CDs, one is Equalizer Xtreme for the PS1, and Xploder for the PS1, and Action Replay for the PS2, also Action Replay Max for PS2. The most fun I have had with cheats is the moon jump on Toy Story 2, and the ability to have infinite superflame and moon jump on Spyro 2, also to have infinite health, ammo and armour, no police and all weapons on the PS2 versions of the first two GTA games were handy.

To be honest though, I hardly cheat anymore, I used those cheats in my childhood and as I grew up I found that the game becomes too boring with cheats so I stopped using them to get more of a challenge out of them, the only cheats I use now are for DOTD and The Beatles: Rock Band, I did cheat on ANB once aswell, but this was around 2008-09. Reasons why I cheated on ANB was because I passed it once without cheating and just wondered what it would be like with them on. Reasons why I used them on DOTD was because I found it too difficult and then it just made the game more of a chore to play. And for Beatles the cheat is to have secret photos of the Beatles which you cannot unlock in the game without using it so it's not exactly a proper cheat if you like, you know, it doesn't help you beat the game easier.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#6 Posted: 15:55:35 02/01/2012
I have some, though I mostly go looking for debug levels and stuff rather than actual cheating.

The only game I use the codes on are ANB and DotD, as I find them to be boring without them (a first for me).
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#7 Posted: 20:05:37 02/01/2012
That's why I cheat with ANB and DotD, too. One doesn't play LoS for it's "fun" and "stunning" gameplay. smilie
#8 Posted: 20:56:48 02/01/2012
To me, the LoS games are boring without cheating, with cheats, it's fun on the first level and after that it gets back to boredom once again. It's annoying that TEN didn't really have any infinite health/breath codes, I would have had the patience to have gone through with it just to see the story. But even if there was, I'd only do it the once and that would be it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:09 02/01/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#9 Posted: 22:00:56 02/01/2012
I was always quite partial to TEN (of the LoS games, it's the only one that has a consistent mood). But I would have much preferred if it had cheats like ANB and DotD. My favorite stuff is at the end and I really hate having to play through most of the levels the boring way.
#10 Posted: 22:06:15 02/01/2012
I was always quite partial to TEN (of the LoS games, it's the only one that has a consistent mood). But I would have much preferred if it had cheats like ANB and DotD. My favorite stuff is at the end and I really hate having to play through most of the levels the boring way.

I watched a playthrough on YouTube of TEN and I seriously thought it was the worst one in the whole series. Because each level just had the same colour, and these colours always seemed to be dull and dark most of the time. And the combat seemed to be ten times worse, also the dragon time was just a pain in the ass for the most part. smilie
#11 Posted: 04:54:53 03/01/2012
I seem to be the only person in the fandom who didn't have too much trouble with the gameplay in TEN and liked its atmosphere. I give it props for being consistent (ANB was mostly lighthearted until the last minute, got dark, then went back; DotD was goofy and then took this savage turn into outright depressing territory and never recovered but tried to pretend it had with its brightly colored last level). In terms of story (which is the only thing I played LoS for) it felt like it had the most potential, too, though one had to do a bit of reading between the lines to find it (which you have to do in all of LoS to find anything interesting anyway smilie). Also Gaul. I liked Gaul. smilie
#12 Posted: 10:09:35 03/01/2012
I seem to be the only person in the fandom who didn't have too much trouble with the gameplay in TEN and liked its atmosphere. I give it props for being consistent (ANB was mostly lighthearted until the last minute, got dark, then went back; DotD was goofy and then took this savage turn into outright depressing territory and never recovered but tried to pretend it had with its brightly colored last level). In terms of story (which is the only thing I played LoS for) it felt like it had the most potential, too, though one had to do a bit of reading between the lines to find it (which you have to do in all of LoS to find anything interesting anyway smilie). Also Gaul. I liked Gaul. smilie

When you tell me that TEN is consistent for some reason I just automatically think that it's the same boring thing over and over, lol. So basically there's just more and more fighting and then two seconds of platforming and an hour of fighting smilie The only level I like and I find to be interesting is the Tall Plains in ANB. I thought that level actually had a fair bit of platforming and puzzle solving to it. I thought TEN was too much doom and gloom most of the time, I agree with you on DOTD, that game was just crazy. If I was ten years old playing that game towards the end, I know that would have scared me. I was scared of Tomb Raider at that age, and even a few things made me jump in the Classic Spyro games so god knows what DOTD would have done to me, one minute it's all nice and the next DOOM! Then I think ****ing idiots. Gaul annoyed me. smilie He even has an awkward name to spell as I keep getting the a and u the wrong way round every time.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#13 Posted: 16:15:35 03/01/2012
That's why I cheat with ANB and DotD, too. One doesn't play LoS for it's "fun" and "stunning" gameplay. smilie

......So I guess I'm more than one person then?
*ba-dum-TISH*

Though, I wouldn't even say "stunning" (as that's a term I associate more with graphics, atmosphere, music and level design). I just felt LoS's game mechanics were "fun" and "engaging".

And SSF, consistent =/= repetitive.

Consistent game mechanics and atmospherical themes are like an "idea" - it's easy to change up, and serves as a "framework" rather than a "rule".

Repetitive game mechanics and atmospherical themes are like a "belief" - it's hard to change up what's done, and serves more as a "rule" that can't really be broken.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#14 Posted: 06:30:21 04/01/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182

......So I guess I'm more than one person then?
*ba-dum-TISH*

Though, I wouldn't even say "stunning" (as that's a term I associate more with graphics, atmosphere, music and level design). I just felt LoS's game mechanics were "fun" and "engaging".

And SSF, consistent =/= repetitive.

Consistent game mechanics and atmospherical themes are like an "idea" - it's easy to change up, and serves as a "framework" rather than a "rule".

Repetitive game mechanics and atmospherical themes are like a "belief" - it's hard to change up what's done, and serves more as a "rule" that can't really be broken.

I don't know what you mean by 'serves as a framework'.
#15 Posted: 07:12:04 04/01/2012
When I say "consistent" in regards to TEN, I'm not talking about the gameplay at all. LoS' gameplay throughout the series is more or less the same in every game, which is not a good thing. What I'm talking about is the story's atmosphere, which jumped around awkwardly in both ANB and DotD (much more so in the latter), but which was balanced in TEN. For a story, that's a very good thing.

TEN starts out with a mildly grim atmosphere and builds off that tension at a steady rate until it reaches a satisfying climax to the story. By contrast, ANB is fairly light and goofy, throws a random brick of tension at you, and then goes back to goofy (or tries to). DotD can't decide from one level to the next which cliche it's going to rip off most, let alone what atmosphere to impart for the scene, and then it all just dogpiles at the end and expects the viewer to be happy when it never bothered to resolve any of the tension left over from too many sad things happening all at once at the very end.
#16 Posted: 08:20:36 04/01/2012
When I say "consistent" in regards to TEN, I'm not talking about the gameplay at all. LoS' gameplay throughout the series is more or less the same in every game, which is not a good thing. What I'm talking about is the story's atmosphere, which jumped around awkwardly in both ANB and DotD (much more so in the latter), but which was balanced in TEN. For a story, that's a very good thing.

TEN starts out with a mildly grim atmosphere and builds off that tension at a steady rate until it reaches a satisfying climax to the story. By contrast, ANB is fairly light and goofy, throws a random brick of tension at you, and then goes back to goofy (or tries to). DotD can't decide from one level to the next which cliche it's going to rip off most, let alone what atmosphere to impart for the scene, and then it all just dogpiles at the end and expects the viewer to be happy when it never bothered to resolve any of the tension left over from too many sad things happening all at once at the very end.

Well that's a pretty good summary of LoS in a nutshell.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me