Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
spyro's love intrest [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#201 Posted: 18:47:13 17/12/2011
I had a fanfic idea that never left my notes in which Bandit and Ember have three kids (and more on the way). It was on offhand mention because Spyro was babysitting them.

Like most things in SL, the Ember/Bandit thing just sort of happened. He saw her and thought she was great and vice versa. He sends her a love letter and that's about it. It was sort of Romeo and Juliet-ish because the dragons really hated the armadillos for no reason.

My only really Spyro OTP is Spyro/Elora. The rest I can take or leave. But SxE is pretty near canon and it's cutely unique on top of everything else.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#202 Posted: 19:35:16 17/12/2011
Other than it being dragon x faun, I never saw anything unique in the official Spyro/Elora relationship, nor did I see much of a growing relationship. It seems just as rushed as SxC, IMO, but this is less noticeable than the rushing in SxC, because the story elements of the Classics took a backseat to the gameplay, so people don't consider it as big a deal.

And before anyone says it, I'm no hater of the pairing (to be honest, I don't care for pairings that much anymore), and have actually written a SpyroxElora fanfic. And I don't think it's bad by any means. I just don't see anything unique in terms of writing, and see it as a somewhat rushed, and abruptly ended, relationship.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#203 Posted: 19:44:23 17/12/2011
I always found the fact that the relationship didn't instantly take off to be unique in and of itself. She kissed him, he was surprised but it didn't go far. They road the love boat and he missed his chance and it didn't go anywhere. Some time later, she says she misses him but leaves it open whether they become a pair or stay just friends. And, in the end, she still gives him another chance and it's up to the player whether it went any further than that.

By comparison, Spyro is nearly murdered by Cynder (who is seen and described as horrendously evil) but decides to be her friend anyway. They hang out for two weeks, he rescues her, they get frozen, he shows no interest at all in her as a romantic interest (and vice versa), and then she suddenly says she loves him. It doesn't really add up.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#204 Posted: 19:51:44 17/12/2011
Plus let's not forget the fact Cynder pretty much betrayed Spyro a few times.
---
but i love it all smooth
#205 Posted: 20:12:08 17/12/2011
There are many romance stories of ambiguity like that everywhere. In fact, that very much reminds me of what I have seen between Sonic and Sally (which existed before Spyro). Similar romance tales of ambiguity have surfaced in later Sonic prodeuctions too. There are also many similar things in Final Fantasy games (again, before Spyro came around). And the whole Mario and Peach relationship is the same - implied, but never confirmed.

At the very least, the one thing SxC has over SxE (though I don't think either is ultimately better than the other), is the two characters have had more screentime together, so there is a bit more solidity (still isn't enough, but more than SxE). I get the fun in leaving some things to the imagination, but in the case of SxC and SxE, there is too much of this to pass either pairing off as good writing (not necessarily bad, but not good either). In both cases, it feels like they left things to our imagination as a cop out of writing more material. To put it bluntly, it makes the story elements Therefore, I can't pass the material from the official writers as good writing. However, potential is a different story. I do see a lot of potential for very good writing in the case of both pairings.
---
#206 Posted: 20:33:28 17/12/2011
Sonic/Sally was confirmed in-show. And tons of ambiguous Final Fantasy relationships wind up being confirmed. Regardless, I was speaking solely of the Spyro games, and for those, SxE is the relationship with the most intricacy to it, lacking though it may be.

I can't say as I really agree here. What screentime Spyro and Cynder do have together never implies anything about a relationship outside of that one wildly rushed and OOC line at the end. And given the length of LoS compared to the length of the Insomniac games, it's not really fair to compare them by time.

But, the big thing I think we're all forgetting is that no Spyro game has ever been about romance, we just treat that as if it's important when it never was in any of the games. The Spyro franchise is a bunch of adventure games, which is part of why any romance in them is vague.
#207 Posted: 20:39:02 17/12/2011
Agreed about the "romance is vague" part in Spyro.
I think Spyro's just a fine game without any romance.
---
but i love it all smooth
#208 Posted: 20:43:02 17/12/2011
I'm with you, LJ. If Spyro was a romance game, I wouldn't be playing it. The shipping is a fun side thing to do as a fan, but it has no bearing on the game proper.
#209 Posted: 20:50:54 17/12/2011
Agreeeed. The shipping part (in fandom) is fine.
I just don't think it'll look real good in the actual game.
The fanart's great as well. c:
---
but i love it all smooth
#210 Posted: 20:57:53 17/12/2011
Which, again, is why SxC is a huge problem. Adding hints in-game for an action title is one thing; making it super obvious is quite another. Unless it's a major part of the story, it's unnecessary to the game and shouldn't be included. Fans bickering about ships is to be expected, but when creators throw in their ideas out of nowhere, it's a bit too much.
#211 Posted: 21:00:05 17/12/2011
I know some ambiguous FF relationships get confirmed, but my point was, there are ones that never do get confirmed, so they exist. And when I said SonicxSally, I meant the comics (should of been more clear). I have had a little look into it, and from what I have seen, there are implications they like each other, but up to what I have seen, no set in stone relationship.
I didn't know you were only talking about Spyro when you said unique. Sorry about that.

I noticed some implications of romantic feelings, including in the body language, but nothing too big. Still, it was something.
The Insomniac games are the same length (in or around) as LoS when I play them. So I think it's a fair comparison.

I'm not forgetting it. I never passed any of this off as important. I just seen a discussion, and felt like leaving my two cents.
I do somewhat care about story elements in LoS, but not really in regards to romance. In regards to Classics, I don't really care about story at all.

If romance is there and is nice, then great. But I can do without it.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#212 Posted: 22:09:48 17/12/2011
Yea, to be honest I don't really think Spyro needs any romance in his games. It's just fine without it.

I for a time liked the idea of SpyroxCynder but that was when I had played through TEN. then I got ANB and I still liked it honestly. When DotD came out... It' took a butcher knife to the idea and destroyed it...

I still think SpyroxElora is cute though and always will!smilie SxE ftw!

Classic: SxE
LoS: If DotD didn't exist SxC. But if I HAVE to include DotD... No one at all...
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#213 Posted: 22:10:51 17/12/2011
^ I pretty much agree.
They kinda forced it in DotD. smilie

Quote: Razz
Which, again, is why SxC is a huge problem. Adding hints in-game for an action title is one thing; making it super obvious is quite another. Unless it's a major part of the story, it's unnecessary to the game and shouldn't be included. Fans bickering about ships is to be expected, but when creators throw in their ideas out of nowhere, it's a bit too much.

Pfft agreed.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:11:50 17/12/2011 by LevanJess
#214 Posted: 22:21:38 17/12/2011
I'm with BlackNight12. That's the short way of saying everything I've been saying this whole thread. smilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#215 Posted: 22:22:27 17/12/2011
I don't believe Cynder backstabbed Spyro after she was defeated, Malefor was a hannibal lector at that scene as his words were the = of Bricks to the face so he was just stating something that no-one really could have control over or his messing with thier heads.

Also Fun Fact: To make Cynder do anything now instead of saying "Destiny" just state "Spyro".....lol
#216 Posted: 23:05:52 17/12/2011
I think she betrayed Spyro and the Guardians, not because Malefor said so, but because all the evidence points to it. The apes didn't attack the Temple until she was gone, for one thing. And when Malefor does bring up her betrayal, she doesn't deny it. If anything, Cynder acts pretty guilty, like she knew all along what she was doing.
#217 Posted: 01:13:22 18/12/2011
That is kind of what it looks like to me. It would make sense adding it all up it looks like back-stabbing to me. On top of that, something of that sort fit's more into her character then the rest of DotD showed.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#218 Posted: 01:28:09 18/12/2011
I'VE GOT IT.

Classic Cynder did all the bad stuff. BUT, Modern Cynder still remembers, so she didn't deny it. :I
---
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#219 Posted: 03:23:31 18/12/2011
kay, i can't remember if i posted in this topic or not...

ANYWAYS, i think that since there is more than one spyro and spyro universe, mulitple pairings should be allowed, no?

Classic Spyro x Elora (CUZ THEY'RE SO DAMN CUTE)
Legend Spyro x Cynder (but with a revamp of her current emotionless void)
Skyro x Sonic Boom or Whirlwind (because i can)
Ember x Flame (c'mon now. this pairing is adorable)
#220 Posted: 04:30:46 18/12/2011
Regardless of her Backstabbing she did defeat Malefor with Spyro.

"Spyro it's over...but"

"What Cynder?"

"There are 340052052 Gollems underground warfang and I didn't tell you so I could always be gulity and be a sad emo dragoness"

Spyro:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
#221 Posted: 04:37:08 18/12/2011
^ I lol'd.
---
but i love it all smooth
#222 Posted: 06:43:15 18/12/2011
see, that's why i wanted them to make the damn movie! so they could fill the plot holes, pump some life back into spyro and cynder, and show gradual build up of their feelings toward each other >____>
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#223 Posted: 09:38:24 18/12/2011
Urgh, another topic where it has been invaded by "Cynder this" and "Cynder that" smilie

Ember and Flame is cute, and I thought that was to be expected in AHT.
Spyro and Elora I can understand, although when I was a child when Elora went to kiss Spyro, I didn't really think nothing of it, I just thought it was her way of saying "Thanks" in a sweet way, if you think about it, Spyro did do a lot for her and her people, and she was the one that wanted his help all along, so I suppose he's a bit of a hero to her.

Let's talk more about Elora, she hardly ever gets talked about, it's always Cynder.
#224 Posted: 12:24:55 18/12/2011
What the hell did you expect? For us all to break into dance and talk about EloraXHex..............Oh....That....Is....Good
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#225 Posted: 16:02:37 18/12/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Let's talk more about Elora, she hardly ever gets talked about, it's always Cynder.

YES.
Let's talk about how horribly overrated Cynder is some other time!

I like Elora a lot. If it wasn't for her; I wouldn't have liked Fauns. :D
I sort of wish Spyro games(exclude Skylanders) had more mythical beings.

Skylanders is what turned everything around for me. ESPECIALLY for having a griffon. XD
But now i'm getting sidetracked~

Sort of makes me wish Elora would appear... but since I hear they release new toys monthly(?) I really hope she does.
#226 Posted: 16:20:52 18/12/2011
Hooray! I knew I wasn't the only one who wanted Elora in Skylanders. smilie If I ever get access to a printer, I have a package of Skylanders Elora stuff that's heading to Toys for Bob just so someone on the Spyro project knows we miss her.
#227 Posted: 16:28:31 18/12/2011
ooo razz, i've been meaning to ask, do i have time to draw another pic of my elora to add to the project???
#228 Posted: 17:11:04 18/12/2011
Of course! smilie Like I said, I'm having trouble getting access to a printer, so until that happens, I'm still gathering stuff for the project. smilie
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#229 Posted: 18:33:39 18/12/2011
What project are you talking about?
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#230 Posted: 18:37:16 18/12/2011
Possibly this?
( The Just for Faun group on DA has a few blogs about it. o: )
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#231 Posted: 18:47:01 18/12/2011
Oh yeah, that one.

It would be cool if she even ended up getting her own game. She could use an orb staff as her weapon.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#232 Posted: 19:44:43 18/12/2011
Wow. He was kind of pesky, but I didn't know it was bannable. Huh.

Haha, it's true, Sheeps, it's so true. But it's so fun to hash it out. And we all learned about gay parakeets because of it. smilie

He was Prysom.
#233 Posted: 20:58:23 18/12/2011
Of course! smilie Like I said, I'm having trouble getting access to a printer, so until that happens, I'm still gathering stuff for the project. smilie

awesome smilie
#234 Posted: 21:28:05 18/12/2011
Yep, you guys got the project in question right. smilie

Yeesh. I hope he got an IP ban this time.
#235 Posted: 22:35:07 18/12/2011
^You're still accepting things for the Elora Skylanders project?smilie My computer was down for a while so I thought I missed it! You bet I'll have something before christmas comes around!smiliesmilie
---
VexusTD Green Sparx Gems: 464
#236 Posted: 04:34:42 26/01/2012
I'm going to change my thoughts on this in a way.

I still support SpyroxCynder only because it was the first Sxblank I knew. But now that I have played Gateway to Glimmer, I find it more interesting to side with Elora. I believe Razz to be correct on this subject. (Then I looked around for CynderxSparx just for the lulz)
---
"If you are man enough to make a child, you should be man enough to raise one." ~Kellin Quinn
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#237 Posted: 15:44:18 26/01/2012
I prefer Spyro the Dragon x Elora the Faun.

Then again, from what I've seen from the cutscenes from Spyro 2 and Spyro 3, he's really not "the loving kind" as in he's not the type of guy to be into romance and mushy stuff.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
#238 Posted: 22:12:52 26/01/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

Then again, from what I've seen from the cutscenes from Spyro 2 and Spyro 3, he's really not "the loving kind" as in he's not the type of guy to be into romance and mushy stuff.

Agreed.
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#239 Posted: 23:16:52 26/01/2012
Spyro doesn't need love life in my opinion O3O
#240 Posted: 00:13:46 27/01/2012
Quote: Purple n Spyro
Spyro doesn't need love life in my opinion O3O

Well, I've noticed in the Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 cutscenes, he isn't "the loving kind" as in he isn't the type of guy to be into romance and mushy stuff. Maybe he doesn't understand what love is all about yet and he's still a young dragon.
---
#241 Posted: 00:19:23 27/01/2012

Agreed.

I'm glad you agree with me. smilie So far, I've written two song fanfictions: "Rolling Back The Rivers In Time" (a one-sided Spyro x Elora song fanfiction where Elora slowly takes a walk through the three homeworlds of Avalar whilst daydreaming about how she spends her days with Spyro, even though she still misses him and he's away on his adventures with his friends) and "I'll Stand By You" (a Spyro x Elora song fanfiction where Spyro got sick with a terrible cold and Elora stays by his bedside, doing everything in her power to nurse him back to health).
---
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#242 Posted: 05:25:44 27/01/2012
Personally, I'm a huge Ember/Spyro shipper. I don't know why. I think that Ember was just... really cute with him or something. She was so obsessed - reminded me of myself. smilie And I love impossible relationships like that. I actually wrote a fic about it, but it's on hiatus right now, because I'm too lazy to come up with what happens next. smilie
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#243 Posted: 09:17:49 27/01/2012

Agreed.

I'm glad you agree with me. smilie So far, I've written two song fanfictions: "Rolling Back The Rivers In Time" (a one-sided Spyro x Elora song fanfiction where Elora slowly takes a walk through the three homeworlds of Avalar whilst daydreaming about how she spends her days with Spyro, even though she still misses him and he's away on his adventures with his friends) and "I'll Stand By You" (a Spyro x Elora song fanfiction where Spyro got sick with a terrible cold and Elora stays by his bedside, doing everything in her power to nurse him back to health).

I think I remember reading I'll Stand By You on deviantArt as I was just curious to read, and thought it was really different to what I've read before.
#244 Posted: 17:34:22 27/01/2012
How is this still here?
---
#245 Posted: 21:39:57 27/01/2012
Quote: sonicbrawler182
How is this still here?

I weally don't kno' me lad.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#246 Posted: 14:12:43 28/01/2012
SpyroXCynder is my favorite OTP.
#247 Posted: 19:45:13 28/01/2012
Quote: torok
SpyroXCynder is my favorite OTP.

OTP?

Your Post is a Goon.
Nessie Red Sparx Gems: 10
#248 Posted: 18:38:17 17/02/2012
Spyro x Cynder
Cuz Cynder admits to loveing Spyro
---
~7926<3
#249 Posted: 19:42:24 17/02/2012

Agreed.

I think I remember reading I'll Stand By You on deviantArt as I was just curious to read, and thought it was really different to what I've read before.

So sorry for the late reply. My song fanfiction is named after the official Children In Need 2004 single which is sung by Girls Aloud. However, the storyline is inspired from the official music video of The Pretenders' version of "I'll Stand By You". Their version is the original version. Anyway, ya do realise one of my deviantART friends, Aiyana14, done a picture showing a scene from my songfic? My song fanfiction takes place during one of the possible, future chapters of my collaboration with my former partner, Topaz16, "Sea, Sun and Sickness".
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:47 17/02/2012 by Mariofanstar
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#250 Posted: 21:38:56 17/02/2012
Spyro Couples:

Spyro x Cynder
Hunter x Bianca
Sgt.Byrd x Isabelle
Sparx x Zoe
Ember x Bandit

Skylanders Couples:

Stealth Elf x Flameslinger
Whirlwind x Camo
Sonic Boom x Sunburn
Hex x Chop Chop
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me