Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
spyro's love intrest [CLOSED]
VexusTD Green Sparx Gems: 464
#101 Posted: 22:53:57 13/12/2011
Quote: Razz
Hey now. Homosexual relationships are every bit as normal heterosexual ones.

And you forgot Red and the Sorcerer and all the elders from the old games. smilie

True true no offence meant to anyone. I never imagined Spyro in those kind of relationships until I began to get into the Fanfiction.

^this made me laugh out loud. smilie

(Edit) I don't know why I said SxF, I was trying to think of the name when I could have just looked probably three posts and gotten it smilie? I guess since I'm here I should just rank on what I think is the best and why (The females) smilie. 1st SxC - SxC was the first Spyro love interest that I knew of until I bought Spyro 2, (I had Spyro 1 and 3 never had 2) 2nd SxE -Elora actually had some development but as I said, Cynder was the first.) 3rd - Ember -The constant advances were a liiiiiiitle creepy, yet sometimes funny. -All others after-
---
"If you are man enough to make a child, you should be man enough to raise one." ~Kellin Quinn
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:05:43 13/12/2011 by VexusTD
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#102 Posted: 01:23:30 14/12/2011
I'll be honest, there was once a time that I supported SxC, but the fanbase ruined it badly. It also made me hate Cynder in like a..... General Sarrano sort of way.

Not to mention Razz's In the Empty Valley story. smilie It certainly didn't improve my opinion on Cynder.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#103 Posted: 01:28:56 14/12/2011
Haha! And that was me writing a story to redeem her. smilie I used to love Cynder to bits and support SxC as a future possibility, but the one-two hit of the questionably canon ship being crammed down our throats in-game and a tsunami of truly obnoxious fanbrats appearing right behind it ruined her for me. Honestly, I still feel that what she did in "In the Empty Valley" was more in-character for her than the whole of DotD and 98% of fanon combined.

If I ever continue that particular story arc, I still can't decide if Cynder/Sparx would survive a future revelation that she murdered his brother for the greater good. smilie I'm also trying to decide just how severe a potential punishment might be should she admit the truth to the surviving Guardians (or if she even would do so instead of just vanishing into the new world to die quietly of old age or wreak havoc the way she was trained to). Thoughts, anyone? smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:44 14/12/2011 by Razz
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#104 Posted: 04:22:19 14/12/2011
[quote=Razz
As for Cynder's creator, he didn't disappear. There were two of them; one was dropped from the Spyro team and is working on other projects (Chris Wilson) and the other is executive producer on Skylanders and made sure Cynder came back (Mike Graham).[/quote]

Well then my best bet is to interview Mike, besides I wanted to interview him about other things anyway.

He is a illusive man
#105 Posted: 05:22:34 14/12/2011
He and Chris talked somewhat extensively with the fans back before DotD came out and I think there's a reason he avoids them now. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#106 Posted: 06:30:24 14/12/2011
Raging LoS fanatics who desperately want Mike to continue on with LoS instead of moving on?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#107 Posted: 06:31:36 14/12/2011
And raging Cyndorks who wouldn't know a tactful conversation if it pooped on their shoes. Don't forget them. smilie Honestly, Cynder was pretty much the only thing anyone was asking him about in that thread if memory serves.
#108 Posted: 07:02:18 14/12/2011
Cyndorks are the latest insanity of the fandom, and Yet long ago we were plagued by insane SXElora and SXEmber.

Oh the days of Elora vs Ember were glorious and taseful to sit back and enjoy the trolls.
#109 Posted: 07:17:38 14/12/2011
They're not new, Jackson. Cyndorks have been around since ANB, they just hadn't exploded before DotD. The Embrats were mildly irritating but rare and, even in the old days, Elora was pretty forgotten. To be quite honest, Spyro fandom was so obscure before DotD that it's problems were minuscule. I certainly never saw a single Embrat on any of my work before I did some Spyro/Cynder and I've only ever seen Cyndorks rage at Spyro/Elora.
#110 Posted: 08:20:25 14/12/2011
Obscure isn't quite the word that would of been used on the old Spyro sites that were shut down or disbanded.

Ah the days of trolls, When Cynder came along it was most fun I ever had.

Nothing was here...nothing
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:27:17 14/12/2011 by Jackson117
#111 Posted: 10:39:09 14/12/2011
I remember those old days: there weren't any Spyro communities at all, unless Insomniac had a board I missed. All we had were the scattered official sites and SpyroHints. I didn't find any actual forums until SpyroForum (which was very quiet up until DotD came out) and this place (same thing).
#112 Posted: 13:50:56 14/12/2011
Haha! And that was me writing a story to redeem her.

If I ever continue that particular story arc, I still can't decide if Cynder/Sparx would survive a future revelation that she murdered his brother for the greater good. smilie I'm also trying to decide just how severe a potential punishment might be should she admit the truth to the surviving Guardians (or if she even would do so instead of just vanishing into the new world to die quietly of old age or wreak havoc the way she was trained to). Thoughts, anyone? smilie

Oh I read that, I loved it but i was expecting her to burst into tears or madness..I guess it's going to be slow decay, don't get me wrong but I love it when characters do it over time and not a instant splitsecond ideal
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#113 Posted: 23:13:50 14/12/2011
Quote:
Cynder backstabbing Spyro.

Opinions and only your opinion

Nope. She spent all of ANB literally trying to murder you. In TEN, she leaves right when the Temple is attacked, which looks incredibly suspicious (heck, in the GBA version, it says outright she betrayed the Temple and then she was headed for the Well of Souls to do it again). And in DotD Malefor confirms that she's been bait the whole time and has betrayed Spyro, which Cynder doesn't deny. So I don't really buy that she's talking to Spyro when she said "I love you". smilie

Quote: Flammenwolf
I'm thinking really hard... How would Spyro x Elora work?

Aint she a faun or something? How does the whole biped-quadraped thing like that?

If this were a forum for 18+, I'd tell you exactly how that works. Since it isn't, though, rest assured that it could easily work. It helps that all of Spyro's species go from quadruped to biped during puberty (all the adult dragons stand on two legs and we even see Spyro make a few stabs at two-leggedness in one or two cutscenes). And, when all else fails, this is a world in which magic is common and has been proved to do a lot of things, so that's also very possible.

Personally, I don't even think Spyro has the equipment to do anything like that anyway. The games even say that baby dragons arrive by magic and all the adults appear to be neuter.

That's what makes it fun! smilie
#114 Posted: 00:14:42 15/12/2011
If their relationship actually survived her trying to kill him and betraying him multiple times and being emotionally messed up (with him being emotionally stunted because he is), I would totally support SxC. smilie
Flammenwolf Ripto Gems: 10
#115 Posted: 00:49:28 15/12/2011
Hey now. Homosexual relationships are every bit as normal heterosexual ones.

And you forgot Red and the Sorcerer and all the elders from the old games. smilie

That is easily contestable. Medicly speaking, there are incredible discrepencies in the very conduct of them.
#116 Posted: 01:12:46 15/12/2011
Er...it sounds like your medical knowledge is a few decades out of date. It's not a psychological disorder anymore and, just to clear things up, heterosexual couples engage in the same activities (no, I won't go into specifics). But if you think that a relationship of any sort is just about what goes on in the bedroom, I can predict some definitely abnormal future relationships for you specifically. smilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#117 Posted: 01:50:59 15/12/2011
He and Chris talked somewhat extensively with the fans back before DotD came out and I think there's a reason he avoids them now. smilie

Gameplay bugs
Story bugs
Graphical bugs
Character development bugs
Voice acting bugs
Death bugs
Sound bugs
Fandom bugs
Fanfiction bugs
Fanart bugs

.............Did I get everything?
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#118 Posted: 01:52:01 15/12/2011
I think you missed a a few...
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#119 Posted: 04:56:18 15/12/2011
If their relationship actually survived her trying to kill him and betraying him multiple times and being emotionally messed up (with him being emotionally stunted because he is), I would totally support SxC. smilie

Funny enough I always saw that Spylo was got to be somehow emotionally depraved or something
#120 Posted: 06:02:40 15/12/2011
Which Spyro? smilie I figured that iSpyro was pretty balanced (albeit a bit egotistical but for founded reasons), AHTSpyro was very apathetic (which is part of his charm), LoSpyro is emotionally stunted (later, damaged; just look at his bizarre mood swings D: ), and Skyro has come full circle and seems to be the most well balanced of the lot (alas, this makes him a pretty dull character when held up next to crazy comrades like Trigger Happy).

Also, all of the things I mentioned that would make SxC appealing can all be found in Cynder x Sparx, which is why I love it. smilie
#121 Posted: 07:48:42 15/12/2011
LoSpyro.

He has to be emotionally stuned, confused or he must be insane....i'll go with insane
#122 Posted: 08:19:02 15/12/2011
He doesn't seem quite competent enough to be insane. smilie His behavior definitely suggests serious emotional problems, though. He's either inappropriately happy or he just wants to crawl under a rock and die. There's no middle ground. Honestly, it's always kind of creeped me out (along with his willingness to accept anything said to him by anyone as total fact without even a hint of a question).
#123 Posted: 10:48:09 15/12/2011
The only expection was he did go against old Chronie's wishes, smilie.
And Such why I believe DarkSpyro is the rebel side of him

"Spyro you must defeat the evil X at"
"No"
"But"
"No"
#124 Posted: 10:51:58 15/12/2011
But the Chronicler was unquestionably evil. smilie Also, Spyro didn't have the brain power to override his original mission of rescuing Cynder. smilie
#125 Posted: 13:30:07 15/12/2011
To be frank I would find it funny if Skyro's parents were none other then Elora and ISpyro.
#126 Posted: 15:31:48 15/12/2011
That would be pretty awesome, but he's got no fuzz and doesn't really look like either one of them. smilie
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#127 Posted: 20:39:02 15/12/2011
You never know... science and animation create many crazy things, this would be usual.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
#128 Posted: 23:37:52 15/12/2011
Er...it sounds like your medical knowledge is a few decades out of date. It's not a psychological disorder anymore and, just to clear things up, heterosexual couples engage in the same activities (no, I won't go into specifics). But if you think that a relationship of any sort is just about what goes on in the bedroom, I can predict some definitely abnormal future relationships for you specifically. smilie

If thats what you thought I meant, you are slightly mistaken. I specifically state the suprefluos in a normal relation becomes a necesity in an abnormal relation. As well, as far as advanced science and medicine know of, nothing sugests that it is nataly determined by nature, nor has any DNA evedence been found to explains the fact that ratios in this regard are unbalanaced..
#129 Posted: 07:21:05 16/12/2011
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying up there. I think you've misused a few words.

It depends on the science you're looking at and how up to date you are. DNA doesn't have much to do with it, but the amount of certain hormones in the body, the way a person is raised, and several other factors play a key role in a person's sexuality. And let's not forget that homosexuality occurs frequently in nature (lesbian foxes, gay and bisexual monkeys, etc.; heck, my friend's cat is gay). Increasingly, we're starting to see that monogamous male/female relationships are the exception in nature, not the rule.

And let us not forget that a recent study showed that children raised by gay couples have a much higher likelihood of becoming well-balanced adults than kids raised by straight families. So there's that.

The gist of it is, I don't really take kindly to you saying I can't have a normal relationship because of my preferences, or that dozens of friends of mine aren't in happy, normal relationships because they're with the same gender. These tend to be a lot more normal and happy than all of the straight relationships I've seen in my life (most of which ended in abuse, divorce, or worse).
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#130 Posted: 07:34:47 16/12/2011
Being a lesbian myself; I think people need to lay off homosexuality being unnatural.
If it's happened for over a thousand years(and hell, possibly longer) it wouldn't be so "unnatural" if it were so frequent. -.o

Ah, well.
This reminds me of someone mentioning a pair of lesbian parakeets and it was adorable. :D

But I won't stray more off topic.

SPYRO, WE NEED TO FIND THE RIGHT LOVER FOR YOU~
#131 Posted: 08:31:29 16/12/2011
Hey, There's nothing wrong with being gay. It's certainly not unnatural. Flammenwolf I'll take your not gay but even so don't go and say things like that it's unnatural. To me that's kind of rude.

To me it's just another form of love. whether it be two females, two males or male/female it's love. What can you say? Unless are you thinking love is unnatural?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#132 Posted: 08:54:42 16/12/2011
Hyena, you hit the nail on the head more succinctly than I. And, for the record, it's been going on longer than recorded history. We know that it was a normal part of Greek and Roman daily life (if I recall right, a Spartan loving a woman was considered unnatural; men and women really only got together for the purpose of having children but lived very separate daily lives).

Aww, lesbian parakeets! That sounds so cute. smilie

Blacknight12, you hit the nail on the head, too.

Girl!Spyro x Elora forever! smilie
#133 Posted: 09:00:01 16/12/2011
You go girl!smilie GSxE ftw!

I see your avi has changed.... I see!smiliesmilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:00:40 16/12/2011 by BlackNight12
#134 Posted: 09:34:00 16/12/2011
I use that avi more than anything else. smilie If I ever get the money and Mischef is up for it, I totally want to commission her for some girl!Spyro/Elora fluff. smilie
#135 Posted: 16:09:53 16/12/2011
Hyena, you hit the nail on the head more succinctly than I. And, for the record, it's been going on longer than recorded history. We know that it was a normal part of Greek and Roman daily life (if I recall right, a Spartan loving a woman was considered unnatural; men and women really only got together for the purpose of having children but lived very separate daily lives).

Aww, lesbian parakeets! That sounds so cute. ^_^

Blacknight12, you hit the nail on the head, too.

Girl!Spyro x Elora forever! :D

AND I DIDN'T EVEN NEED A HAMMER.
I'm not going to lie when I say I haven't done too much research but i'm not surprised if it was going longer than recorded history and whoa! That last part intrigues me! 0_0

It was cute!
I don't know a lot about birds but apparently the parakeets could still reproduce.
(Unfortunately the owner didn't plan on the parakeets breeding.)

Girl!Spyro x Elora! 8D
I remember seeing Mischef's art on dA before. Her artwork is magnificent. <3
#136 Posted: 17:27:51 16/12/2011
I haven't done much concentrated research on it, I'm just a big fan of science and history and these things do crop up when you study animal behaviors or ancient cultures. And my friend's cat is gay, which is so bizarre to behold. smilie

That's probably better for the birds. Breeding is hard on pets. But that's still cute. smilie

I know, right? I love her work. smilie
#137 Posted: 21:54:37 16/12/2011
Did I run into some kind of lesbian gold mine? (Or for my purposes, more like a copper vein)

The happiness is not what I am stating is the diference. Any random putz can be happy, shoot, there is stuff that can make you happy easy. No, I meant the mechanics of it are pretty counterintuitive. Face it, the reasons animals dont die out is the fact they are so willing to breed in mass quntity. People dont as much, noting its a ridiculous amont of pain to go through for little increase.

Let me state it this way. Animals have a very specific ratio of relationships that can result in procretion to ones that cant. Basic anatomy. So, what you have to have in humans is a simlar ratio (Or pure procretion).

We have a species to keep afloat. No sence in trying to kill it just so we can screw around with the posibilities.
#138 Posted: 22:14:17 16/12/2011
Quote: Flammenwolf
Did I run into some kind of lesbian gold mine? (Or for my purposes, more like a copper vein)

[User Posted Image]

I like where this is going
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:54 16/12/2011 by Jackson117
#139 Posted: 22:49:14 16/12/2011
I define normal as "forwards". Left as "left", right as "right".

I trust GPS.
#140 Posted: 23:38:29 16/12/2011
Why is "normal" "forward" when left is left and right is right? Normal has nothing to do with direction or progress, it's simply what the current culture sees as commonplace and acceptable. You're not really making yourself look any better. You just called a growing portion of humanity abnormal that is not so, and we're a good thirty years past that (or should be) as a society.

Quote:
The happiness is not what I am stating is the diference. Any random putz can be happy, shoot, there is stuff that can make you happy easy. No, I meant the mechanics of it are pretty counterintuitive. Face it, the reasons animals dont die out is the fact they are so willing to breed in mass quntity. People dont as much, noting its a ridiculous amont of pain to go through for little increase.

1. Nobody was talking about happiness. You brought that up. I'm pretty sure I'm not happy about being classed as abnormal by your narrow ideas of human diversity.

2. As previously stated, the mechanics are the same. I actually have some experience here and I can confirm this. You don't have to be straight or have two unique sets of anatomy to do this stuff.

3. Your implications that one must breed in order to be normal are, frankly, disgusting. Many species have very healthy populations with most of the members not breeding (wolves, insects, etc.) or all of the members being one gender (the all-female species of lizard whose name I keep forgetting but they're really cool). And you might have noticed that, even though many humans choose not to have children of their own, we're still suffering from an over-population crisis in most of the world.

I'm not sure what use a "lesbian gold mine/copper vein" is to you guys, incidentally. You're dudes. What you've got, we're not interested in (we said "lesbian" not "bisexual"; they are different smilie). It's nothing personal, that's just how it is. You'd be much better served to look for the "straight/bi chick gold mine" and stop fetishising a group that's not going to do you any favors. smilie

(Man, how is it that I get into more conversations about homosexuality on dS than any other site on the Internet? What is with you kids? smilie)
VexusTD Green Sparx Gems: 464
#141 Posted: 23:55:42 16/12/2011
I like how this turned from Spyro's love interest to personal preferences and opinions on sexuality... I could really care less if you were homosexual, bisexual, hetero... I'm straight and I still like a good yaoi story/picture. (Goes and re-reads Bonding Time)
---
"If you are man enough to make a child, you should be man enough to raise one." ~Kellin Quinn
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#142 Posted: 23:57:43 16/12/2011
Going off topic is common here.
---
but i love it all smooth
#143 Posted: 00:11:17 17/12/2011
We were pretty on topic before Flammenwolf made it known that Spyro x Flame and any non-dragon/dragon, non-boy/girl relationship wasn't normal. smilie Dare I ask what "Bonding Time" is about?
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#144 Posted: 00:16:38 17/12/2011
SXF is wrong and twice as disgusting.
Are you people......you know, the G word or something?
DragonXfaun is wrong. Thats it.
Deal with it.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#145 Posted: 00:17:21 17/12/2011
Acting like your opinion is a fact?
That's your opinion if you like stupid, boring, and rushed love like SxC.
What a fantasy racist.

Also, nope. I find SxC to be worse. smilie
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:29:05 17/12/2011 by LevanJess
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#146 Posted: 00:22:52 17/12/2011
Quote: cowpowa23
Deal with it.

>2011
>still saying "deal with it" like your opinion's a fact
HAHA

Your opinion there isn't fact.
It isn't our fault if you like predictable and cliche romance, and yet we're not getting on you for liking what you like.
And just because someone likes SxF or SxE (especially considering Elora's a girl) doesn't make us gay, genius.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:27:01 17/12/2011 by CynderFan1309
#147 Posted: 00:25:45 17/12/2011
Quote: CynderFan1309
Quote: cowpowa23
Deal with it.

>2011
>still saying "deal with it"
HAHA

Also, your opinion isn't fact, genius.
What G word?

"Gay" most likely.
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#148 Posted: 00:26:19 17/12/2011
Oh yeah, duh. Thanks.
#149 Posted: 00:28:23 17/12/2011
I think he was going to say "gay", by which we can determine that he hasn't read anything in this thread at all and that he's going to have some serious problems when he encounters the real world someday. smilie

Hey, cowpowa23, you know who kissed Spyro in-game? It wasn't Cynder or Ember. Deal with it. smilie

[User Posted Image]
#150 Posted: 00:31:01 17/12/2011
Probably didn't read anything in this thread.
Also, I find SxE has more canon and proof (then again, since it's canon doesn't mean you have to love it), especially considering:

Nope. She spent all of ANB literally trying to murder you. In TEN, she leaves right when the Temple is attacked, which looks incredibly suspicious (heck, in the GBA version, it says outright she betrayed the Temple and then she was headed for the Well of Souls to do it again). And in DotD Malefor confirms that she's been bait the whole time and has betrayed Spyro, which Cynder doesn't deny. So I don't really buy that she's talking to Spyro when she said "I love you". smilie.

this.
---
but i love it all smooth
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me