Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spyro NDS [CLOSED]
Ahaila Yellow Sparx Gems: 1966
#1 Posted: 15:50:43 13/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Hey, I just want to hear some opinions on Spyro NDS games. Could you do a little review, please? smilie I just want to know is it worth buying.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:31 13/12/2011 by Ahaila
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#2 Posted: 15:59:05 13/12/2011
I hope you mean "Nintendo DS".
If so; I'll put my opinion in for Dawn of the Dragon.

Played through it and I actually liked the game play.
Only problem was that an important button to get through the game was broken on my DS.
But I was able to finish the game before the button completely failed on me.

I actually like the amounts of enemies and it was easier to guide your characters around than in the console versions.
Also, boss battles were a little tougher especially the final battle. Which makes it more fun in my opinion.
#3 Posted: 16:03:53 13/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hyena
I hope you mean "Nintendo DS".
If so; I'll put my opinion in for Dawn of the Dragon.

Yes, I mean Nintendo Dual Screen. NDS is just a shortcut smilie

Quote:
Played through it and I actually liked the game play.
Only problem was that an important button to get through the game was broken on my DS.
But I was able to finish the game before the button completely failed on me.

I actually like the amounts of enemies and it was easier to guide your characters around than in the console versions.
Also, boss battles were a little tougher especially the final battle. Which makes it more fun in my opinion.

So, it looks like this is a good game smilie

But I'd like to know other opinions too! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:31:30 13/12/2011 by Ahaila
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#4 Posted: 19:56:41 13/12/2011
Shadow Legacy: A nice bit of a change within the franchise. It had some really nice ideas, however, the game is hindered by extremly slow pacing, perspective issues, some bad collision detection (at times) and a short length. It can be completed in less than 10 hours, which is extremly short for an RPG game. Still, it's worth a try.

A New Beginning: I thought this was way too repetitive. The upgrades don't feel all that different, and there is no variety in enemies. I would consider this a pretty bad game, but - it's only the normal game mechanics that are bad. The boss fights, and mirror puzzles, however, are actually really cool. It's really short, but there are bonus mirror puzzles, which get very taxing.

The Eternal Night: The regular gameplay is a big improvement. It's actually more of a platformer than it is an action game. And Spyro feels really nimble in it, and the mirror puzzles also return. Again, short, but there are some unlockable modes.

Dawn of the Dragon: This game is sort of a throwback to the GBA version of TEN. If you have ever played a sidescrolling Castlevania or Metroid game, then this game plays very similarly. It's longer than the other two, but has nothing to really come back for. And if you memorized the level layouts, you could probably complete it in less than 2 hours. It also has some nice flying sections. However, there is some awkward platforming at times.

In regards to the LoS games, I don't think any of the DS versions beat their console counterparts, IMO. However, I feel the DS versions of TEN and DotD are better than all versions of ANB.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#5 Posted: 22:36:24 13/12/2011
Shadow Legacy: I found it really cute and fun. It's a short, fairly easy game to play with a cute story (it is, in fact, the story LoS is based on). It moves a little slowly and the 3/4 perspective can give you trouble sometimes, but it's pretty fun despite its flaws.

LoS the Eternal Night DS: This one was interesting at first with some nice music and neat graphics, but it gets really boring really fast. The gameplay is very repetitive and the puzzle sections will leave you wanting to throw it across the room. It's also really easy; I beat it in two days while being sick and busy at a convention. The story part of it is hilarious, though; from what I recall, it doesn't really match up with the game and makes so little sense it's hilarious.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#6 Posted: 23:01:14 13/12/2011
Shadow Legacy: It was quite fun, but a little short and slow at times. Despite this, I really enjoyed the game. Like Razz has stated, it's based on LoS a bit, and plays a little like it from time to time.

DotD: I actually quite enjoyed this, but free flight is not part of this like the main console versions. Like SL, it can be a little slow at times and is pretty easy to beat, but fun nonetheless.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#7 Posted: 00:19:44 14/12/2011
LoS came after Shadow Legacy and SL is where Chris and Mike (the writers/producers of LoS) got their start on the Spyro team, so it's the other way around. smilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#8 Posted: 00:34:22 14/12/2011
Quote: Razz
LoS came after Shadow Legacy and SL is where Chris and Mike (the writers/producers of LoS) got their start on the Spyro team, so it's the other way around. smilie

Oops, sorry, that's what I meant. DERP. smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#9 Posted: 14:57:14 14/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh, well thanks for the reviews smilie What about Skylanders for 3DS? Is it worth buying?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#10 Posted: 21:07:56 14/12/2011
I never realized how Shadow Legacy would the last we'd ever see of Classic Spyro. Makes you think.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#11 Posted: 16:20:03 17/12/2011 | Topic Creator
So, has anyone played Skylanders on 3DS? smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:20:15 17/12/2011 by Ahaila
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me