Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Remaking of LoS [CLOSED]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#1 Posted: 21:29:47 08/11/2011 | Topic Creator
So I know how there are LoS haters, LoS fantards, and Cyndtards all over the place. Then there's the once who wouldn't give a ****. So I was just randomly thinking of TEN and how LoS is hated by many Spyro fans for not being well-developed on plot, characters, and voices. I mean, LoS had great potential, didn't it?

So then I came up with this topic to discuss the matter. If Activision were to go back and remake all of the LoS games or whatever into a very good game series, would you like it? I'm talking about giving a Spyro a flipping personality and independancy. I'm talking about using the A-Star voice actors respectfully. Giving much better combat that opens up to all sorts of different types of foreplay. Long and challenging plot and gameplay. Great graphics. Absolutely NO plotholes; everything should be well thought out and explained to the player.

So I ask you: If Activision were to remake the entire LoS trilogy and add all of those things I said before, would you like it?

Also, if there wasn't something that I listed above that you'd like to see in the LoS trilogy, what would it be?
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#2 Posted: 21:36:36 08/11/2011
Remaking LoS and getting rid of all its plotholes and stuff that makes me not care for it (it's okay, in my opinion, I'll play it) would be nice. Especially giving Spyro a personality.
It depends on what Activision does to LoS, though. What changes and new stuff they'll add.

Also, another thing I hated about LoS was the completely rushed and boring "love" with Spyro and Cynder, so that tears me away from a remake as well, but still, I'd play it.
---
but i love it all smooth
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#3 Posted: 01:31:21 09/11/2011 | Topic Creator
^Yeah. If the relationship was more focused, it would have been better.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#4 Posted: 01:46:40 09/11/2011
If Sparx stopped talking. It was pretty fun and had a chance to be epic, but blew it when Cynder turned good. Plus in the first one Ignitus said Spyro and Cynder were brother and sister and then they frll in love. I don't want dragon insest.
---
Like A Boss!
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#5 Posted: 01:55:12 09/11/2011
No.
Absoloutely not.
Krome did an amazing job, then Activision came.....
DotD was still pretty epic, buut...just wasn't the same.
So no, I think they should leave it all alone.
(buut it would be awesome if Activision would let KRome remake DotD the way it was supposed to be...)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#6 Posted: 02:07:21 09/11/2011
I hate SxC, so I don't want that involved whatsoever in the remakes, if one is to exist.

And you cannot physically make a game without plotholes. Every game has plotholes.
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#7 Posted: 04:54:20 09/11/2011
^ How? That makes no sense.
---
Like A Boss!
#8 Posted: 05:44:39 09/11/2011
Skorpion@
But it's basically in you're story.
(I read it.)
O.o
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#9 Posted: 07:21:29 09/11/2011
*ahem*

Spyro and Cynder are NOT brother and sister.

They were born from the same clutch of eggs, and y'all known as well as I do that dragons lay eggs, and all laid eggs (from all parents) are deposited in the dragon temple for safekeeping. Same clutch, different parents.

Spyro had a personality.

Classics = SpyroxElora & SpyroxEmber (kinda)
LoS = SpyroxCynder

Don't see what's wrong with that...classics had growing love too. Albeit I agree it was forced. But their relationship technically started in TEN, then sprouted in DotD (as teens, ya gotta love hormones)

Also, I noticed a symbolic reasoning in Cynder's color change

ANB (Pure Evil) = Black as night
TEN (kinda good) = Dark purple
DotD (good) = Purple.

Symbolically speaking, the nicer she became, the brighter her colors. Also, perhaps the corruption made her black, and as the residue of the purged evils began to leave her body, the darkness of evill left as well.

Get what I mean?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:27:01 09/11/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#10 Posted: 11:52:25 09/11/2011
Spyro had a personality in LoS? Are you kidding me?

Spyro merely followed everyone's orders like a puppet. His voice acting was emotionless. He seemed depressed and sulky the whole game. He showed simply rushed and boring love for Cynder (They barely knew eachother at the end of DotD). I see no personality there, nor love.

Did I mention he followed everyone's orders without question or thoughts or emotion? :O

Elaborate his "personality".
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:05:14 09/11/2011 by LevanJess
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#11 Posted: 15:00:08 09/11/2011
It'd be nice. Though there's a bigger chance of them remaking the original games.
#12 Posted: 16:58:50 09/11/2011
Quote: LevanJess

Spyro merely followed everyone's orders like a puppet. His voice acting was emotionless. He seemed depressed and sulky the whole game. He showed simply rushed and boring love for Cynder (They barely knew eachother at the end of DotD). I see no personality there, nor love.

Did I mention he followed everyone's orders without question or thoughts or emotion? smilie

And all that is what I liked best. smilie
Sides, his classic voice was more monotonous than anything. -.-
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:59:18 09/11/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#13 Posted: 17:15:54 09/11/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

Did I mention he followed everyone's orders without question or thoughts or emotion? smilie

What?
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#14 Posted: 18:49:48 09/11/2011
I understand the whole 'evil- dark, good- bright' thing, but why did they make her purple, of all colours, after they'd established the whole 'legendary purple dragon' story?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#15 Posted: 19:07:29 09/11/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
I understand the whole 'evil- dark, good- bright' thing, but why did they make her purple, of all colours, after they'd established the whole 'legendary purple dragon' story?

It's like a bunch of children made it up isn't it? It's really amateur.
SpyroFlame Green Sparx Gems: 354
#16 Posted: 20:04:07 09/11/2011
In a way, no matter what they do, it won't beat the classics.
I'll always prefer them. That's my view anyway.
---
Broccoli - the way of the future for trees.
#17 Posted: 20:06:39 09/11/2011
Same with me and LoS, although SSA is catching up.
#18 Posted: 20:30:40 09/11/2011
Same with me and LoS, although SSA is catching up.

SSA is far from catching up for me.
SpyroFlame Green Sparx Gems: 354
#19 Posted: 20:33:29 09/11/2011
I keep seeing the advert for it and I cringe everytime.
---
Broccoli - the way of the future for trees.
#20 Posted: 21:15:43 09/11/2011
And all that is what I liked best. ^_^

So you liked how he was horribly depressed and emotionless the whole time?
Yes, that's your opinion, but that's no personality.

And monotonous means lacking in variety, correct?
Because that's pretty stupid/biased to say Classic Spyro lacked in variety (no offense...). Classic Spyro talked a lot, he had some emotion, he actually had a personality. There's plenty of variety there.
Unlike LoS.
---
but i love it all smooth
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#21 Posted: 21:19:03 09/11/2011
Classic Spyro isn't much better. He was merely a Sonic wannabe.

LoS Spyro was a Frodo wannabe.

SSA Spyro is a Pokémon wannabe.

Problemo solved.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#22 Posted: 21:24:17 09/11/2011
At least Classic Spyro had a personality.

And I don't care for Sonic, only played the first game for Sega Genesis (which I thought was pretty nice), sooo.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:43:10 09/11/2011 by LevanJess
#23 Posted: 21:37:07 09/11/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Problemo solved.

There is a part of me thinking that you only think of Spyro as a Sonic wannabe because you are a big fan of Sonic. And I honestly don't see the resemblance between Classic Spyro and Sonic really, I don't.

LoS Spyro IS a Frodo.

SSA Spyro is a classic Spyro wannabe smilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#24 Posted: 21:59:54 09/11/2011
To me, LoS Spyro had no personality. At first, he started out with one, and his brotherly love towards Sparx. Then suddenly, he's just..... Boring. He is amongst the most monotonous characters I've seen.

Back on topic, I'm not sure if I'd want that. Perhaps if they toned down the SxC, and filled in some of the gaps and took their time with it, maybe.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#25 Posted: 22:24:41 09/11/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Problemo solved.

There is a part of me thinking that you only think of Spyro as a Sonic wannabe because you are a big fan of Sonic. And I honestly don't see the resemblance between Classic Spyro and Sonic really, I don't.

LoS Spyro IS a Frodo.

Trust me, Classic Spyro is almost identical to Sonic persoanlity wise, only Sonic had a bit more maturity in the Sonic Adventure games. But in the Sonic cartoons from the 90s, you'd swear he was Spyro's dad or something, they're that similar. In fact, a lot of Classic Spyro characters have startling similarities to Sonic characters, and in most cases, the Sonic character came first.

However, once you get to Sonic 06 and beyond, Sonic was developed more. So I guess Classic Spyro is similar to Dreamcast Era Sonic, and 90s cartoon Sonic.
---
#26 Posted: 22:26:35 09/11/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Problemo solved.

LoS Spyro IS a Frodo.

Trust me, Classic Spyro is almost identical to Sonic persoanlity wise, only Sonic had a bit more maturity in the Sonic Adventure games. But in the Sonic cartoons from the 90s, you'd swear he was Spyro's dad or something, they're that similar. In fact, a lot of Classic Spyro characters have startling similarities to Sonic characters, and in most cases, the Sonic character came first.

However, once you get to Sonic 06 and beyond, Sonic was developed more. So I guess Classic Spyro is similar to Dreamcast Era Sonic, and 90s cartoon Sonic.

When I was a child, I used to watch Sonic cartoons, and it's nothing like Spyro to me.
#27 Posted: 22:30:45 09/11/2011
You mustn't of watched them enough then, or didn't recall them correctly.
I honestly can't avoid thinking of Sonic scenes when watching Classic Spyro scenes.
._.
---
#28 Posted: 22:40:18 09/11/2011
You mustn't of watched them enough then, or didn't recall them correctly.
I honestly can't avoid thinking of Sonic scenes when watching Classic Spyro scenes.
._.

Don't agree with you.
#29 Posted: 02:03:10 10/11/2011
Quote: cowpowa23
Skorpion@
But it's basically in you're story.
(I read it.)
O.o

Yes, but it's not what makes the plot tick, nor is even a major part of the plot. The only reason I wanted them to be mates is so that the assassin could make fun of Spyro's...."flaw"

And I have my character, who is the literal incarnation of anti-SxC in it, so it's bearable for me to write.
#30 Posted: 02:14:37 10/11/2011
oh, ok.
(btw, are you gonna do more? o.O?)
(back on-topic)
I think TLOS Spyro had a great personality.
Sure, he did what everyone told him, buut atleast he knew what saddness was and all that.
Classic spyro seems like he had no personailty to me.
(mabey a little, but it's only thinking he's all "that"...nothing else. ._. still love the classics though! O.O )
Sonicbrawler@
oh gosh..
don't even mention those Sonic cartoons.
They suck so bad. ._.
They had no storyline, made NO sense, and whoever drew all that has serious problems.
Unlike Sonic Underground, and Sonic Satm, drawing still sucked, buut it was cooler in storyline.)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#31 Posted: 02:16:50 10/11/2011
*off topic* Yes, soon.*/off topic*

I don't really want them to remake LoS.
#32 Posted: 02:56:14 10/11/2011
Okay, I've told you guys a million times, I'm one for the bastardization of characters.

In english, I'm one for a kid icon being thrown in dar situations, like AoL.
That's why LoS appeals to me, and I personally like spyro (spec. TEN minus Spade as Sparx) VAs. I hear Classic Spyro, I think SpongeBob.

I can easily post segments, lines that show why I love LoS. Hell, I'll make a topic using lines (AoL/LoS) showing why.

*off topic* My new successful "splicer" here
#33 Posted: 04:31:43 10/11/2011
(off-topic: ok, kewlz. O.o)
on topic: I agree, don't want them remaking it either.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#34 Posted: 04:42:28 10/11/2011
Also, explaining more my reasoning for LoS...well, TEN was the first Spyro game I ever played. I had wanted to try Spyro, but didn't really care about finding and buying the games (most the time I hadn't the consoles nor the money). Saw TEN, bought, played, enjoyed. And that was my gateway to Spyro.

Found I felt an odd kinship with Spyro and Cynder...then tried Classics and found I like LoS better graphics, soundtrack, and va wise. I found myself secretly hoping Spyro and Cynder got together, fell in love, and mated and reproduced; and, I didn't feel that spark of recognization, like, almost love, of the characters of Classic Spyro that I did with LoS...

And THAT'S why I prefer LoS over Classic.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:46:21 10/11/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#35 Posted: 04:45:19 10/11/2011
Perhaps I should explain why I don't like SxC.

It's the same reason that I don't want to ever see ChurchillxHitler, because I think one of them is going to kill the other in their sleep.

I mean, I have no problem with them being friends with benefits--*sniped*
#36 Posted: 11:54:22 10/11/2011
Sure, he did what everyone told him, buut atleast he knew what saddness was and all that.
(mabey a little, but it's only thinking he's all "that"...nothing else. ._. still love the classics though! O.O )

Nope.avi
You see, LoS Spyro simply did what others told him to do. He never questioned, he looked sulky and depressed, his voice acting lacked any emotion, he showed no facial expressions, it seemed he had no personality of his own. All it seemed like to me was that he was depressed all the time and cared about a stupid black dragoness he barely knew.

Nope.avi again
Classic Spyro certainly had his own personality. He was funny, he had facial expressions, he showed happiness, his voice acting had some emotion put into it, Spyro didn't mope around the whole time, some even said he was a bit arrogant.
That's what a personality is. LoS Spyro had none of that.

Also, explaining more my reasoning for LoS...well, TEN was the first Spyro game I ever played. I had wanted to try Spyro, but didn't really care about finding and buying the games (most the time I hadn't the consoles nor the money). Saw TEN, bought, played, enjoyed. And that was my gateway to Spyro.

Found I felt an odd kinship with Spyro and Cynder...then tried Classics and found I like LoS better graphics, soundtrack, and va wise. I found myself secretly hoping Spyro and Cynder got together, fell in love, and mated and reproduced; and, I didn't feel that spark of recognization, like, almost love, of the characters of Classic Spyro that I did with LoS...

Who cares about graphics?
Personally I prefer Classic's upbeat music instead of LoS music which I find highly overrated.
Personally I don't care for love or Cynder.

I prefer Classics because it didn't have rushed, boring love, it had upbeat music, it had fine graphics, it had fun glitches, and it had amazing gameplay and levels, all of which aren't found in LoS.
But LoS is still okay.
---
but i love it all smooth
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#37 Posted: 13:59:23 10/11/2011

You like puppet characters?

And last I checked, Elijah Wood (as much as I like him) hardly put any effort in his role. It was as if he was reading from a script and nothing more. You can't get any more monotonous than that.

Problemo solved.

^Quoted for truth.
#38 Posted: 16:02:21 10/11/2011
Quote:
Nope.avi
You see, LoS Spyro simply did what others told him to do. He never questioned, he looked sulky and depressed, his voice acting lacked any emotion, he showed no facial expressions, it seemed he had no personality of his own. All it seemed like to me was that he was depressed all the time and cared about a stupid black dragoness he barely knew.

Nope.avi again
Classic Spyro certainly had his own personality. He was funny, he had facial expressions, he showed happiness, his voice acting had some emotion put into it, Spyro didn't mope around the whole time, some even said he was a bit arrogant.
That's what a personality is. LoS Spyro had none of that.
(Quote didn't work. D: )

Well, yeah he did do what everyone told him, but I prefer Tlos spyro's personality over classic.
And since when was classic Spyro funny? And, no....I don't see tlos Spyro moping around, Just because he has big eyes. I actually think he's cuter in tlos....lol (in a puppy-like way)
(oh and, what the Heck is nope.avi?????? >.<)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#39 Posted: 16:18:11 10/11/2011

I prefer Classics because it didn't have rushed, boring love, it had upbeat music, it had fine graphics, it had fun glitches, and it had amazing gameplay and levels, all of which aren't found in LoS.
But LoS is still okay.

This, so much.

And Classic Spyro was funny. This is the first I've heard of people debating that, really.....

To be honest, the only characters I would love to see back from LoS are the elders, Skylanders style or not.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#40 Posted: 18:33:17 10/11/2011

You only prefer LoS because to me it seems you are more used to the game since you played it first, and the Classics were the last for you to play and your mind is still set in thinking about LoS even though you're playing the Classics, meaning that you're not treating the Classics if they were seperate games and just thinking narrow minded about graphics, soundtrack and story rather than the gameplay side of it.
#41 Posted: 20:27:58 10/11/2011
First of all Super, I explained my reasoning, I'm not narrow-minded I'm stating an opinion.
And I like LoS gameplay better.

And if I'm narrow-minded for liking LoS? The same could be said about you, since you dislike LoS and SSA. For the same reasons I prefer LoS against Classic.
At least I like LoS and SSA---a classic-esque game.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:30:23 10/11/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#42 Posted: 20:28:39 10/11/2011
First of all Super, I explained my reasoning, I'm not narrow-minded I'm stating an opinion.
And I like LoS gameplay better.

Of course, now you state about the gameplay.
#43 Posted: 20:34:34 10/11/2011
If I'm narrow-minded for liking LoS and SSA with a tolerance for Classic
You are narrow-minded for liking only Classic and hating LoS and SSA.
#44 Posted: 20:51:59 10/11/2011
I haven't been narrow minded about LoS, I spent all week trying to enjoy ANB, and in the end there was only one level I liked, and that was Tall Plains. The reason why I wasn't so narrow minded at first was because I thought the LoS series was a prequel to STD, played through it, thought the story was dull, kept playing through and realised that the gameplay was just walking two steps, fighting for minutes, walking two steps, repeat, repeat, repeat. I've spent my time with the series and found I disliked it, this does not really make me narrow minded thank you very much oh wise one of the North. *Sarcasm*
#45 Posted: 20:58:24 10/11/2011
Why you hate SSA?
#46 Posted: 21:00:14 10/11/2011
Why you hate SSA?

I don't hate it, I'm not bothered about it.
#47 Posted: 21:01:32 10/11/2011
Why not?
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#48 Posted: 21:08:10 10/11/2011
I liked TLoS, so I'd be guaranteed to like it if it was remade this way.
#49 Posted: 21:10:19 10/11/2011
^This
#50 Posted: 21:10:51 10/11/2011
Well, yeah he did do what everyone told him, but I prefer Tlos spyro's personality over classic.
And since when was classic Spyro funny? And, no....I don't see tlos Spyro moping around, Just because he has big eyes. I actually think he's cuter in tlos....lol (in a puppy-like way)
(oh and, what the Heck is nope.avi?????? >.<)

I still see no personality in LoS Spyro.
Okay, if you don't find him funny, than at least Classic Spyro had a sense of humor, unlike LoS Spyro.
It's not just the eyes. If you paid attention, especially in the cut scenes, you'd see he did mope around quite a bit. He seemed depressed for some reason. Really, the only emotion (besides "love") he seemed to show.
Disagree. I like Classic best, especially compared to DotD Spyro.

Nope.avi is a fancy way of saying no. It's from a video.
---
but i love it all smooth
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me