Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > A page for the legend of Spyro fans.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
A page for the legend of Spyro fans. [CLOSED]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#101 Posted: 18:45:53 12/06/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Fireball
Exactly as I was thinking. Heck, they could just make a game from Malefor's perspective if they had to. That would actually be really interesting.

But if it were about Cynder or Malefor, it wouldn't be a Spyro game would it. smilie

Yeah, but it would still be about a purple dragon. smilie Also, that could make up for the original idea of an m-rated Spyro game. Plus, they could go from Malefor becoming evil to Malefor fighting Spyro and Cynder. Spyro and Cynder would both still be in it, and it would be a perfect m-rated game. At least, in my opinion. Malefor so evil, it would be interesting to play a game all about him, especially since he has a dark past. smilie I'm just saying.

I can picture it now... Malefor flying around the dragon kingdoms, ripping his enemies limb from limb, blood and guts flying everywhere. Then being imprisoned in a strange, dark dimension called Convexity. Which then brings me to another idea...

TEN said that the guardians imprisoned Malefor in an evil prison called Convexity. That means the prison was already evil, so therefore Malefor wasn't the only evil in the world.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#102 Posted: 20:26:23 12/06/2011
Exactly as I was thinking. Heck, they could just make a game from Malefor's perspective if they had to. That would actually be really interesting.

But if it were about Cynder or Malefor, it wouldn't be a Spyro game would it. smilie

Yeah, but it would still be about a purple dragon. smilie Also, that could make up for the original idea of an m-rated Spyro game. Plus, they could go from Malefor becoming evil to Malefor fighting Spyro and Cynder. Spyro and Cynder would both still be in it, and it would be a perfect m-rated game. At least, in my opinion. Malefor so evil, it would be interesting to play a game all about him, especially since he has a dark past. smilie I'm just saying.

I can picture it now... Malefor flying around the dragon kingdoms, ripping his enemies limb from limb, blood and guts flying everywhere. Then being imprisoned in a strange, dark dimension called Convexity. Which then brings me to another idea...

TEN said that the guardians imprisoned Malefor in an evil prison called Convexity. That means the prison was already evil, so therefore Malefor wasn't the only evil in the world.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, hope this doesn't offend you, but I'd hate that, I don't like it at all, I don't really like violent games. I don't mind Grand Theft Auto because you don't really see it that much, or it isn't as bad.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#103 Posted: 23:59:27 12/06/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: sonicbrawler182
In Mario Galaxy, everyone was sucked into a black hole, yet that game still gets a sequel.

And you misunderstood my comment on Final Fantasy. I didn't mean the existing LoS games. I meant that the potential was there for future games to be as great as a Final Fantasy. They would just have to spend longer on the game, like they are now doing with Skylanders.

In Mario Galaxy 2, they acted as if the first game never happened. Therefore, it techically isn't a sequel.

They wouldn't spend time on LoS. There would actually be more odds of them cancelling the entire series than continuing with LoS, seeing how the series didn't sell well. It could be one of the reasons Skylanders is being developed, rather than a sequel to LoS.

Also, IMO, when something says that it's the conclusion of a story, or that it's the last in the series, I expect that to be the truth, and remain so.

Only the games made my Insomniac sold well and got high scores/ratings. Every other Spyro game didn't get as far as the first three games did.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#104 Posted: 00:09:22 13/06/2011

But if it were about Cynder or Malefor, it wouldn't be a Spyro game would it. XD

Yeah, but it would still be about a purple dragon. XD Also, that could make up for the original idea of an m-rated Spyro game. Plus, they could go from Malefor becoming evil to Malefor fighting Spyro and Cynder. Spyro and Cynder would both still be in it, and it would be a perfect m-rated game. At least, in my opinion. Malefor so evil, it would be interesting to play a game all about him, especially since he has a dark past. :P I'm just saying.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, hope this doesn't offend you, but I'd hate that, I don't like it at all, I don't really like violent games. I don't mind Grand Theft Auto because you don't really see it that much, or it isn't as bad.

I don't like it at all. A spyro game isn't about that. It's not about playing as a completely different purple dragon and destroying everything in your path. It's about playing as a small dragon called Spyro and defeating evil along side Sparx.
---
#105 Posted: 05:02:13 13/06/2011
It doesn't have to be about Spyro. It could be a completely separate series. Besides, it's just an idea. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it.
---
#106 Posted: 10:31:12 13/06/2011
It doesn't have to be about Spyro. It could be a completely separate series. Besides, it's just an idea. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it.

I really can't imagine them doing that, but it is an unusual idea.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#107 Posted: 17:10:16 13/06/2011
I still miss TLoS. Haha. I wish they'd have continued it. I honestly think there were plenty of possibilities, even if it didn't revolve around Malefor. There's ALWAYS possibilities. When they were making Skylanders, they came around with so many different directions to take Spyro, but Activision insisted on making it their way, which would be Skylanders. I don't just miss playing the games, I can do that whenever I want. But I miss it being continued, with the characters developed and all of it going on right now, not back then. Like brawler said. I just miss the entire universe. I never found myself quite missing Original Spyro like I miss TLoS.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#108 Posted: 17:36:10 13/06/2011

Then it wouldn't really be a Spyro game, destroying all purpose for people to whine about it not being continued.
#109 Posted: 18:34:15 13/06/2011
Quote: Darby
I still miss TLoS. Haha. I wish they'd have continued it. I honestly think there were plenty of possibilities, even if it didn't revolve around Malefor. There's ALWAYS possibilities. When they were making Skylanders, they came around with so many different directions to take Spyro, but Activision insisted on making it their way, which would be Skylanders. I don't just miss playing the games, I can do that whenever I want. But I miss it being continued, with the characters developed and all of it going on right now, not back then. Like brawler said. I just miss the entire universe. I never found myself quite missing Original Spyro like I miss TLoS.

Now you know how I feel about missing the original trilogy, and wanting that to continue.
Jayne_Szarotka Ripto Gems: 522
#110 Posted: 19:16:54 13/06/2011
I like all 3 Spyros smilie
#111 Posted: 19:21:59 13/06/2011
Quote: Jayne_Szarotka

That's awesome, I wish I could enjoy all three, well the third being Skylanders, which I'm kind of not sure about just yet.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#112 Posted: 20:04:39 13/06/2011
For me, I miss LoS more than the Classics because everything from the Classics can be interpreted into LoS, wheras bringing combat into the Classics would defeat the purpose of making a Classic game (it would be like making a Classic Sonic game, but including the Sonic Boost).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#113 Posted: 20:09:01 13/06/2011
Quote: Jayne_Szarotka

^I would agree with this, but I haven't played Skylanders yet.
#114 Posted: 20:42:07 13/06/2011
For me, I miss LoS more than the Classics because everything from the Classics can be interpreted into LoS, wheras bringing combat into the Classics would defeat the purpose of making a Classic game (it would be like making a Classic Sonic game, but including the Sonic Boost).

I don't believe that at all.
Dragons4ever45 Green Sparx Gems: 401
#115 Posted: 02:06:06 14/06/2011
I'm writing a sequel to DoTD in the fanfic section.
---
The time of retribution is at hand, Do not deny the feverish void, Destruction and disorder will purge the mortal realms - Chaos
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#116 Posted: 15:45:30 14/06/2011
If you miss LoS so much, just go back and play it again. That's what I do when I miss playing the original trilogy of Spyro games. There isn't much point in 'missing' a series when you've got it and you can play it whenever you want.

Actually I go and read LoS fanfictions. It beats replaying the same story over and over and over again. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#117 Posted: 18:22:23 14/06/2011
I'm reading the Asgard Chronicles from fanfiction.net. It's a pretty good idea for a sequel.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#118 Posted: 18:57:30 14/06/2011
Quote: Darby

Now you know how I feel about missing the original trilogy, and wanting that to continue.

I never said I didn't understand. I do understand that.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#119 Posted: 04:28:01 15/06/2011
Quote: Dragons4ever45

I have too.
I'm done with one of them, almost with the second.
Still seven more books left.
#120 Posted: 18:28:25 15/06/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Quote: Dragons4ever45

I have too.
I'm done with one of them, almost with the second.
Still seven more books left.

Wow, sounds like you're busy. 0.0;
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#121 Posted: 04:03:13 16/06/2011
Wouldn't a petition be better
#122 Posted: 10:26:25 16/06/2011
Petitions are useless in the gaming industry, most of the time.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#123 Posted: 10:29:59 16/06/2011
yea a petition won't do you a thing. they never listen.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#124 Posted: 15:05:42 16/06/2011
If petitions worked, Skylanders would be cancelled.
#125 Posted: 15:06:52 16/06/2011
Petitions are nonsense.
#126 Posted: 03:50:47 17/06/2011
Oh yeah like how that Petition for DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 was never done...Oh wait THEY DID BRING IT BACK
#127 Posted: 11:11:17 17/06/2011
Quote: Jackson117
Oh yeah like how that Petition for DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 was never done...Oh wait THEY DID BRING IT BACK

I don't have a clue on what you're going on about...Have you got a nose?
#128 Posted: 13:03:14 17/06/2011
Sorry for double posting BTW
---
#129 Posted: 13:04:18 17/06/2011

Nope, I'm actually a Christmas Goblin that will steal your wee wee when you sleep.
Anyway what i was stating was a Petition for some low level game was relaunched due to the numbers of Petitions flooding the company...and guess what the company was...ACTIVISION OUT OF ALL PEOPLE
#130 Posted: 14:51:54 17/06/2011

What about Duke Nukem Forever? <.< >.>
---
#131 Posted: 18:44:30 17/06/2011

Nope, I'm actually a Christmas Goblin that will steal your wee wee when you sleep.
Anyway what i was stating was a Petition for some low level game was relaunched due to the numbers of Petitions flooding the company...and guess what the company was...ACTIVISION OUT OF ALL PEOPLE

I don't bloody know do I.
#132 Posted: 19:23:44 17/06/2011
Quote: HIR

What about Duke Nukem Forever? <.< >.>

I said most of the time... We still haven't got a Conker sequel...
---
Spyrof4n Green Sparx Gems: 170
#133 Posted: 21:03:08 03/07/2011
If people read the Fan Fics that are uploaded to ff.net that happen after TLoS series ended in DotD such as Spartan-029's Age of Hero's then there is so much potential it could have had. His story is what sparked my interest into Spyro once again after spending my entire week of spring break just reading his story's. There is so much they could have done but i am still happy with the ending smilie
---
These streets are filled with cowards, disguised as men. They are, paying no consequence for their actions, soon we'll all give in.
#134 Posted: 10:47:18 04/07/2011
I'm not overly happy with the ending, as there was not enough closure. It left me with a lot of the same questions as FFXIII's ending, but that's actually getting a sequel.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me