Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > A page for the legend of Spyro fans.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
A page for the legend of Spyro fans. [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#51 Posted: 10:26:48 05/03/2011
Quote: josipbabok2
i don't know why is the "classic" Spyro so good. i don't see anything special in it >_>

Well, you really have to grow up with him and be born in the the 90s to understand.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#52 Posted: 13:27:57 05/03/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
i don't know why is the "classic" Spyro so good. i don't see anything special in it smilie

Well, you really have to grow up with him and be born in the the 90s to understand.

Not true. My friend likes them, and he didn't grow up with them.

It's just a matter of whether or not it fits your taste.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#53 Posted: 06:17:46 07/03/2011
I suppose. But I think it effects you more if you grow up with them.
---
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#54 Posted: 06:51:46 07/03/2011

I grew up with Classic and I like LOS more smilie
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#55 Posted: 17:33:26 08/03/2011

I think it does too.

I like LoS, but I'll always prefer Classic.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#56 Posted: 21:27:28 08/03/2011
I grew up with classics, but I still like TLoS just as much.. :S Just depends on personal preference
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#57 Posted: 22:14:49 08/03/2011
I like both Classic and Legend. But I'm more of a Classic fan.
#58 Posted: 06:47:12 09/03/2011
Quote: BEST FAN EVER

I grew up with Classic and I like LOS more :)

I hate it when people do this. -_-

One person doesn't make a difference.
---
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#59 Posted: 14:25:45 09/03/2011
Actually, Legend of Spyro first started my liking for Spyro. For several years I wanted a Spyro game, but I never had the opportunity. I finally bought The Eternal Night for my PS2 and found I liked it. So while I waited to find and buy the other two games, (ANB at GameStop two years later, and the DotD I had to order online--which is broken of course), I experimented with Classics. I own YotD, borrowed StD and RR from a friend, and discovered I liked LoS more. Now I own all three (and hopefully to replace my DotD copy soon so I can finally get passed the Golem and into the Ruins of Warfang), I'm next wanting to find and buy AHT.
#60 Posted: 14:27:43 09/03/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Actually, Legend of Spyro first started my liking for Spyro. For several years I wanted a Spyro game, but I never had the opportunity. I finally bought The Eternal Night for my PS2 and found I liked it. So while I waited to find and buy the other two games, (ANB at GameStop two years later, and the DotD I had to order online--which is broken of course), I experimented with Classics. I own YotD, borrowed StD and RR from a friend, and discovered I liked LoS more. Now I own all three (and hopefully to replace my DotD copy soon so I can finally get passed the Golem and into the Ruins of Warfang), I'm next wanting to find and buy AHT.

DotD is on Games on Demand on Xbox Live Marketplace. You should use that.
---
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#61 Posted: 14:35:14 09/03/2011
I don't have an Xbox, and even if I did, my parents would not let me buy the game online. It took convincing (and a GameStop gift card) to order DotD for PS2. That freaking game keeps evading me for some reason smilie

I don't own the game, I can't find it.

I have the money, it's not in stock.

I don't have the money, it is in stock.

Walmart doesn't carry it anymore.

Ten GameStops within one hundred miles of my home never have the game available.

I buy the game on Ebay, or try too (my parents did this), we get ripped off and only get a box, and we don't have a paypal.

I buy the game at GameStop.com, guaranteed it works, I get it 7 days later, it's scratched as hell, but plays.

...That is, until I get to the Golem battle in Dragon City. Immediately after destroying the crystal in its head the game freezes.

That happens every single time without fail. I wait five minutes, and I get a message that says "Please Insert the Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon disc." Even though its in and spinning.

I go to GameStop, buy disc repair cleaner...doesn't work still.

I go to GameStop, don't get my money back, and have them repair it twice...still no luck.

I go to a local video store to repair the disc, do this seven times, no luck.

What the hell? Why doesn't anyone want me to play the game? smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:40:02 09/03/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#62 Posted: 16:31:31 09/03/2011
Quote: BEST FAN EVER

I grew up with Classic and I like LOS more smilie

I hate it when people do this. smilie

One person doesn't make a difference.

I get this kinda stuff all the time.
I get irritated when people think that their opinion makes a key difference...
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#63 Posted: 17:26:22 09/03/2011
BEST FAN EVER didn't say their opinion made a difference, he/she just stated their opinion, like all of us.
---
#64 Posted: 17:30:43 09/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
BEST FAN EVER didn't say their opinion made a difference, he/she just stated their opinion, like all of us.

Me thinks that its easier to ID whether or not its an Opinion is to easily put "In my Opinion" on the end, to avoid confusion.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#65 Posted: 17:34:22 09/03/2011
Then the sentence would be easy to take the piss out of:

"I grew up with the Classics and like LoS more, in my opinion. smilie"
"Oh yeah? Well in my opinion, you don't like Spyro at all... smilie"
---
#66 Posted: 17:36:47 09/03/2011
That is an issue... but without it makes it seem like its Fact instead of an Opinion.
I've seen many people use "IMO" or "IMHO" and they've never been teased.
---
#67 Posted: 17:43:46 09/03/2011
I was only joking!smilie
You'd just have to phrase it differently.

But on that note, they phrased it in an opinion form, not a factual form.

Opinion Form: "I grew up with the Classics and like LoS more."
Factual Form: "I grew up with the Classics, but after playing the Legend series, I can easily see it's the more superior one. Everything is done better."
---
#68 Posted: 02:43:12 10/03/2011
But of course it's their opinion. That's what we do here, we post our opinions. It should be clear that it's their opinion, not a fact. Like sonicbrawler said.
LegacyofShadows Red Sparx Gems: 50
#69 Posted: 17:52:19 10/06/2011
Well, I've kinda "grown" playing at Spyro games so I could say I totally love all of them. I welcomed TLoS a lot, it got pretty damn good graphics, an interesting story and cool characters (the Guardians, Malefor, Cynder... and a remake of Hunter). I've replayed the triology like... 1000 times and still don't get tired xD

I'd really wish they continued with TLoS series, like with a... sequel or a prequel (as I've seen many people around the internet suggesting a game focused on Cynder or Malefor itself - his origins- )
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#70 Posted: 18:38:52 10/06/2011
i don't know why is the "classic" Spyro so good. i don't see anything special in it smilie

I actually have to agre. I think the TLOS series was actually better than the classics personally....
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#71 Posted: 18:40:04 10/06/2011
Quote: LegacyofShadows
Well, I've kinda "grown" playing at Spyro games so I could say I totally love all of them. I welcomed TLoS a lot, it got pretty damn good graphics, an interesting story and cool characters (the Guardians, Malefor, Cynder... and a remake of Hunter). I've replayed the triology like... 1000 times and still don't get tired xD

I'd really wish they continued with TLoS series, like with a... sequel or a prequel (as I've seen many people around the internet suggesting a game focused on Cynder or Malefor itself - his origins- )

I actually agree with this. ^.^
I miss TLoS.
#72 Posted: 20:14:42 10/06/2011
I miss it too....it had the potential to rival Final Fantasy, they just needed to give us a big world...might replay the trilogy soon, and hang around the Valley of Avalar while watching my TV screen in awe...
---
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#73 Posted: 21:28:00 10/06/2011
Best Spyro series, in my opinion.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#74 Posted: 23:12:46 10/06/2011
I miss it too....it had the potential to rival Final Fantasy, they just needed to give us a big world...might replay the trilogy soon, and hang around the Valley of Avalar while watching my TV screen in awe...

Like CAV said, I honestly don't see how they can continue it. The whole series was about Malefor and trying to stop him. They've stopped him, and peace has returned.

The classics were different. Each game was about a different evil. Spyro defeated the villain in one game, then the next game has a different story, then it continues in that pattern. You can honestly continue the classics forever, since there's a different evil going on in every single game. TLOS is a trilogy about the same evil in all three games. It doesn't really make sense to continue on with a different type of evil, due to the fact that the whole TLOS trilogy was about stopping Malefor.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#75 Posted: 23:15:43 10/06/2011

Like CAV said, I honestly don't see how they can continue it. The whole series was about Malefor and trying to stop him. They've stopped him, and peace has returned.

The classics were different. Each game was about a different evil. Spyro defeated the villain in one game, then the next game has a different story, then it continues in that pattern. You can honestly continue the classics forever, since there's a different evil going on in every single game. TLOS is a trilogy about the same evil in all three games. It doesn't really make sense to continue on with a different type of evil, due to the fact that the whole TLOS trilogy was about stopping Malefor.

Well, apparently the Mike and Chris had something planned. I guess for whatever reason they decided not to go through with it.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#76 Posted: 00:49:12 11/06/2011
They could of easily continued it! It's a fantasy video game, for cryin' out loud! I mean, look at Mario and Sonic. They always have the same villain. I myself had at least three different ideas for how it could of continued. And you not being able to think of a continuation does not speak for everyone. Just look at bionicle. He continued it in his LoS based Spore fangame. So the "impossible to continue" argument is gone out the window.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#77 Posted: 03:17:31 11/06/2011
^Yes, but here's the thing that makes Mario and Sonic different from LoS:

In both Mario and Sonic, the villian is defeated, and they have to rebuild/try again. They always get another shot.

In LoS, Malefor is dragged into the center of the earth. He's pretty much dead. And if he isn't, how is he suppose to get out? How is he suppose to get another shot? And there can't be another villian, because by the looks of the epilogue, everything is fine, and all evil is gone from the world. So to create a new villian would be to nearly create a plothole. DotD gave us enough of those.

The best chance of making a new LoS game is to make a prequel explaining Cynder's origins. But it wouldn't really be a Spyro game, seeing how the title character wouldn't be in it.

Quote:
it had the potential to rival Final Fantasy

Not really. Final Fantasy has been praised by critics, unlike DotD. It cannot officially rival FF. It can only do so in your opinion.
#78 Posted: 07:02:36 11/06/2011
They could of easily continued it! It's a fantasy video game, for cryin' out loud! I mean, look at Mario and Sonic. They always have the same villain. I myself had at least three different ideas for how it could of continued. And you not being able to think of a continuation does not speak for everyone. Just look at bionicle. He continued it in his LoS based Spore fangame. So the "impossible to continue" argument is gone out the window.

Ether you didn't understood my post or you just ignored it.
---
#79 Posted: 09:52:42 11/06/2011
I didn't misunderstand a thing. You said how you thought it was not possible to continue it, and I pointed out how it was not the case. And CAV, there was no proof that all evil was gone. The ending just showed Spyro and Cynder flying in the Valley of Avalar. It didn't show the rest of the world. And again, they can do what Mario and Sonic do. In Mario Galaxy, everyone was sucked into a black hole, yet that game still gets a sequel. In Sonic 06, Sonic himself dies, but they just ressurect him. So again, it's a fantasy video game, anything can happen in fantasies. And you misunderstood my comment on Final Fantasy. I didn't mean the existing LoS games. I meant that the potential was there for future games to be as great as a Final Fantasy. They would just have to spend longer on the game, like they are now doing with Skylanders.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#80 Posted: 13:30:26 11/06/2011
Isn't there potential for any game series to continue anyway?
#81 Posted: 13:46:56 11/06/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

This.
---
#82 Posted: 14:35:17 11/06/2011

This.

Oh, okay, lol, I've been playing a game series named Dracula, and I just completed the second one thinking that they couldn't possibly continue with it because Dracula gets destroyed but there is a third one, it feels like it is set before the first two.
#83 Posted: 14:48:42 11/06/2011
Also, does anyone remember Spyro 2? For that game to have a plot, they sent Spyro to a whole new world. Could they not do that with LoS? It would be funny for nostalgia too! :3
---
#84 Posted: 15:01:56 11/06/2011
Also, does anyone remember Spyro 2? For that game to have a plot, they sent Spyro to a whole new world. Could they not do that with LoS? It would be funny for nostalgia too! :3

I don't see why not, after all it is just a game, and games don't make any sense anyway, they have no logic.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#85 Posted: 17:45:26 11/06/2011
To me the Legend Of Spyro games were the best reboot of all time. It has my favorite Spyro game, the Eternal Night. smilie I believe the series is underated. :/
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#86 Posted: 19:47:21 11/06/2011
Me, too. I've could list six ideas of how there could be another LoS game. Haven't you guys thought about Dark Spyro? Plus there is still some evil in Cynder. Some enemies likes grublins, orcs, and trolls are probably still alive. And yes, Spyro could easily be transported to another world. Or, a new villain could come. Malefor might not be able to return, I'm not saying he is. And what about the mysterious darkness that consumed Malefor? Malefor can't be the first darkness if that happened. As some fans have said in fan fictions, I myself, there could be a darkness called Convexity that consumed Malefor.

So here goes:

1. Dark Spyro
2. Cynder's Evil
3. Enemies Are Still Alive
4. New Villain
5. Malefor MIGHT Return
6. A Darkness Named Convexity That Consumed Malefor

I could list a whole lot more if I had the time to think about it.
---
#87 Posted: 21:26:13 11/06/2011
I have some detailed ideas written up for possible LoS continuations, gameplay mechanics and all. I'll post them here when I can use my laptop for the internet again.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#88 Posted: 21:47:47 11/06/2011
I could think of SO many ideas for LoS continuations (actually there's a fanfic out with one such pathway). >.> Now that Skylanders was announced I actually MISS LoS. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#89 Posted: 22:11:05 11/06/2011
If you miss LoS so much, just go back and play it again. That's what I do when I miss playing the original trilogy of Spyro games. There isn't much point in 'missing' a series when you've got it and you can play it whenever you want.
#90 Posted: 22:21:46 11/06/2011
If you miss LoS so much, just go back and play it again. That's what I do when I miss playing the original trilogy of Spyro games. There isn't much point in 'missing' a series when you've got it and you can play it whenever you want.
He means that he misses seeing the characters officially develop, and talking about LoS. Nobody talks about the Classic or LoS universe because of Skylanders. Some of us just miss "the good ol' days"...
---
#91 Posted: 23:17:06 11/06/2011
I have my own LoS continuation in the fan fiction area and it's getting good. It's called The Darkness of Spyro: Evil's Resurrection.
---
#92 Posted: 05:17:52 12/06/2011
To me, it still doesn't make sense to continue it though, because the game was a trilogy. The whole purpose of it was to stop Malefor. We've done that. That's pretty much what TLOS was about. Malefor is gone.
---
#93 Posted: 05:25:53 12/06/2011
They could make a new series/trilogy that takes place in the same place and has the same characters.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#94 Posted: 06:07:33 12/06/2011
In Mario Galaxy, everyone was sucked into a black hole, yet that game still gets a sequel.

And you misunderstood my comment on Final Fantasy. I didn't mean the existing LoS games. I meant that the potential was there for future games to be as great as a Final Fantasy. They would just have to spend longer on the game, like they are now doing with Skylanders.

In Mario Galaxy 2, they acted as if the first game never happened. Therefore, it techically isn't a sequel.

They wouldn't spend time on LoS. There would actually be more odds of them cancelling the entire series than continuing with LoS, seeing how the series didn't sell well. It could be one of the reasons Skylanders is being developed, rather than a sequel to LoS.

Also, IMO, when something says that it's the conclusion of a story, or that it's the last in the series, I expect that to be the truth, and remain so.
#95 Posted: 09:55:44 12/06/2011
He means that he misses seeing the characters officially develop, and talking about LoS. Nobody talks about the Classic or LoS universe because of Skylanders. Some of us just miss "the good ol' days"...

But he has seen the characters develop through the trilogy, I don't see what there is to miss about that, I'm sure they would still act in the same way if there were more LoS games to the series. If someone so badly wants to talk about LoS or the original Spyro games then I'm sure anyone can talk about it at anytime they want to, I've seen it in the forums, again nothing to miss there. Like I said before, just replay the games again if you miss the 'good old days' with them, if it were a brand new game of LoS for example, then it wouldn't exactly be the 'Good old days' will it? It would be the 'Good new days' instead LOL Seriously? There is no point in 'missing' a game series, it is just a game.
#96 Posted: 10:48:32 12/06/2011
Quote: CAV
In Mario Galaxy, everyone was sucked into a black hole, yet that game still gets a sequel. And you misunderstood my comment on Final Fantasy. I didn't mean the existing LoS games. I meant that the potential was there for future games to be as great as a Final Fantasy. They would just have to spend longer on the game, like they are now doing with Skylanders.

In Mario Galaxy 2, they acted as if the first game never happened. Therefore, it techically isn't a sequel.
They wouldn't spend time on LoS. There would actually be more odds of them cancelling the entire series than continuing with LoS, seeing how the series didn't sell well. It could be one of the reasons Skylanders is being developed, rather than a sequel to LoS.
Also, IMO, when something says that it's the conclusion of a story, or that it's the last in the series, I expect that to be the truth, and remain so.

Actually, they didn't ignore the first game. Remember how Rosalina and Mario still recognised each other? And how can you guarantee that they would not spend time on LoS? It didn't sell before because Sierra didn't push hard enough with advertising, and they released it with other big games like Cod, Mario, and Sonic. Activision would push the advertising really hard no matter what the game is, and they would never release it too close to MW3. And apparantly, Skylanders has been 2 and a half years in development. That could of easily been a new LoS game. And the Classics were supposed to be a trilogy and nobody was bothered by that continuing. Also, the main purpose in LoS was Spyro searching for his origins, and in that regard, there are many unanswered questions. Malefor was not of any real importance until a bit into DotD.
---
#97 Posted: 14:03:57 12/06/2011
Exactly as I was thinking. Heck, they could just make a game from Malefor's perspective if they had to. That would actually be really interesting.
---
#98 Posted: 14:28:25 12/06/2011
Quote: Fireball
Exactly as I was thinking. Heck, they could just make a game from Malefor's perspective if they had to. That would actually be really interesting.

But if it were about Cynder or Malefor, it wouldn't be a Spyro game would it. smilie
#99 Posted: 15:41:43 12/06/2011
For me, I just wanted them to expand on the world and gameplay. An open-world LoS game would be the right direction. Skylanders does not seem to have any "next gen hook". Aside from the graphics, the gameplay could be done on PS2, maybe even PS1.
---
#100 Posted: 15:51:18 12/06/2011
For me, I just wanted them to expand on the world and gameplay. An open-world LoS game would be the right direction. Skylanders does not seem to have any "next gen hook". Aside from the graphics, the gameplay could be done on PS2, maybe even PS1.

Everybody has their own 'I want them to do...'.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me