Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Still a Spyro Fan Today?
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Still a Spyro Fan Today? [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#151 Posted: 19:43:29 25/04/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Aura24
I mean it's obvious that you are acting like a small child right now.

Okay, I don't see how, but fine.

You commented on a harmless video and started an argument, then won't look at the facts laid in front of you.

I'm not saying who is right or wrong. I've always been the middle man, and I'll remain to til the day I die. Why? Because I feel like it. That.......and both of you are friends of mine.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#152 Posted: 19:46:06 25/04/2011
Quote: CAV
I mean it's obvious that you are acting like a small child right now.

Okay, I don't see how, but fine.

You commented on a harmless video and started an argument, then won't look at the facts laid in front of you.

I'm not saying who is right or wrong. I've always been the middle man, and I'll remain to til the day I die. Why? Because I feel like it. That.......and both of you are friends of mine.

But all I said was "What was the point of that?" LOL
#153 Posted: 19:47:02 25/04/2011

Ah, but it obviously stirred something up, especially once you said "that's kinda sad". And considering the grudge you two have had in the past, it's no doubt that would start something.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:27 25/04/2011 by CAV
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#154 Posted: 19:47:28 25/04/2011 | Topic Creator

You said much more than that...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:29 26/04/2011 by Aura24
#155 Posted: 19:48:45 25/04/2011

Ah, but it obviously stirred something up, especially once you said "that's kinda sad". And considering the grudge you two have had in the past, it's no doubt that would start something.

But it is kind of sad, just take an opinion then.
#156 Posted: 19:49:48 25/04/2011

Again, that's like saying it's sad for Youtubers to thank their subscribers.
#157 Posted: 19:51:45 25/04/2011

Again, that's like saying it's sad for Youtubers to thank their subscribers.

I guess it kind of is really, because what's the point, they're just interested in their videos.
#158 Posted: 19:57:39 25/04/2011 | Topic Creator
But they also are interested in the youtuber for a reason or two, and thank him and her as well for the videos they posted for the subscribers to see.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:57:59 25/04/2011 by Aura24
#159 Posted: 19:59:15 25/04/2011
But they also are interested in the youtuber for a reason or two, and thank him and her as well for the videos they posted for the subscribers to see.

And that to me is not apart of Spyro.
#160 Posted: 20:01:29 25/04/2011 | Topic Creator

Of course it is.
---
#161 Posted: 20:03:55 25/04/2011

Of course it is.

How exactly?
#162 Posted: 20:05:47 25/04/2011 | Topic Creator
A Spyro fan youtuber posting videos about Spyro on youtube. How can that not be apart of the Spyro fanbase?
---
#163 Posted: 20:07:14 25/04/2011
A Spyro fan youtuber posting videos about Spyro on youtube. How can that not be apart of the Spyro fanbase?

Right...
#164 Posted: 02:14:08 26/04/2011 | Topic Creator
And it's only in your views on what is Spyro-like and what isn't..
---
#165 Posted: 08:41:47 26/04/2011

Why did you randomly tell me that?
#166 Posted: 08:45:29 26/04/2011 | Topic Creator

Why did you randomly tell me that?

Well it's kinda obvious. You only see what you think is Spyro-like and what is not.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#167 Posted: 04:36:12 27/04/2011
gosh dammit superspyrofan, you have the same avatar as NS_L, so I keep on getting you two mixed up
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#168 Posted: 11:05:46 27/04/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
gosh dammit superspyrofan, you have the same avatar as NS_L, so I keep on getting you two mixed up

I though she has a different avatar now.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#169 Posted: 11:53:51 27/04/2011
It might seem out of the blue, but since when exactly does "Still" in the title mean? Because you gotta think about the younger players and those who weren't born to understand games before '98. I'm not just saying this because that's my case, I'm saying it because it's wrong to reward somebody JUST for being around longer, and I'd still say it if I were born at an age where I was able to play through all the games and demos as released. So in a way, I think Super was right. But in other ways wrong.
Sorry, I just needed to get that out. smilie No, Aura, you don't need to change the title.
#170 Posted: 12:02:46 27/04/2011
Everybody makes mistakes.
#171 Posted: 12:55:43 27/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
It might seem out of the blue, but since when exactly does "Still" in the title mean? Because you gotta think about the younger players and those who weren't born to understand games before '98. I'm not just saying this because that's my case, I'm saying it because it's wrong to reward somebody JUST for being around longer, and I'd still say it if I were born at an age where I was able to play through all the games and demos as released. So in a way, I think Super was right. But in other ways wrong.
Sorry, I just needed to get that out. smilie No, Aura, you don't need to change the title.

Well some young players started playing Spyro by playing the LoS. That counts.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#172 Posted: 23:22:54 30/04/2011
Still, neither are really benchmarks... Its not like they've [insert important task here]... It's like saying I should have a free Zii because I love Ninty(but less extremely, of course).
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#173 Posted: 13:15:28 03/05/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543

I though she has a different avatar now.

She used to have the same avatar as you. When I saw that avatar, I just thought that it was her who was posting.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#174 Posted: 13:28:51 03/05/2011

Actually that's how I got my start on Spyro...The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night. I've taken a liking to the classic games as well (still not a big fan of YotD) and if I can find it I would like to buy A Hero's Tail.

But I've known about Spyro since I first saw the commercials for Spyro Fusion...dunno how long ago...and yet I don't remember there ever being any commercials for the LoS games.
#175 Posted: 17:02:26 03/05/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

Actually that's how I got my start on Spyro...The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night. I've taken a liking to the classic games as well (still not a big fan of YotD) and if I can find it I would like to buy A Hero's Tail.

But I've known about Spyro since I first saw the commercials for Spyro Fusion...dunno how long ago...and yet I don't remember there ever being any commercials for the LoS games.

I've seen three commercials for Spyro, one was for Enter the Dragonfly, Fusion and Dawn of the Dragon.

Fusion came out in 2004, and The Eternal Night; 2007.
#176 Posted: 20:07:05 03/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

There were commercials for ANB, TEN, and DotD, but they weren't advertised as much. ANB and DotD commercial is uploaded up on youtube, but no traces of the TEN commercial.
---
#177 Posted: 20:23:52 03/05/2011
When I got TEN, I had to decide between TEN and DotD---its was brand new at the time. I wish I would have picked DotD smilie

Considering all the crappy luck I have with it.
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#178 Posted: 08:27:45 04/05/2011
I prefer The LoS series, but I enjoy the original series aswell. A heroes tail was my first so yeah, I guess I like those 2. And Skylanders, well I won't judge it yet.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
#179 Posted: 13:14:37 04/05/2011
I'm primarily an LoS fan...but I'm NOT a LoS fantard.

I'm not gonna get upset if someone tells me LoS sucks or that they don't like the games.
Spyrof4n Green Sparx Gems: 170
#180 Posted: 22:31:12 06/05/2011
I'm a huge fan of the classic Spyro and the LoS. As of right now i'm reserving judgment for Skylanders, as it isn't out yet so why make a big deal out of it?
---
These streets are filled with cowards, disguised as men. They are, paying no consequence for their actions, soon we'll all give in.
#181 Posted: 22:40:22 06/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrof4n
I'm a huge fan of the classic Spyro and the LoS. As of right now i'm reserving judgment for Skylanders, as it isn't out yet so why make a big deal out of it?

Apparently, some fans judge the game by the lead character's character design.
---
LegacyofShadows Red Sparx Gems: 50
#182 Posted: 17:36:56 10/06/2011
Spyro has always been a special game for me, since it was the very first videogame I got when my parents bought me PS One. So yeah, I've been a fan of ALL Spyro games, though I will definitely ignore Skylanders (sorry, I'm 20 years old, not a kid anymore for go buying stupid toys =/ not to mention that the game itself looks like crap...)
#183 Posted: 19:13:05 10/06/2011
Quote: LegacyofShadows
Spyro has always been a special game for me, since it was the very first videogame I got when my parents bought me PS One. So yeah, I've been a fan of ALL Spyro games, though I will definitely ignore Skylanders (sorry, I'm 20 years old, not a kid anymore for go buying stupid toys =/ not to mention that the game itself looks like crap...)

Aren't you being a little hypocritical? The original Spyro series is for kids, and you're still playing that?
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#184 Posted: 23:03:25 10/06/2011
Actually the original Spyro games (at least to me) is for all ages like a family game. it is rated E... for everyone. :3

Aura24: the character design should NOT be a big enough problem to judge the game based off of that alone, it's ridiculous.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:04:44 10/06/2011 by BlackNight12
#185 Posted: 23:06:37 10/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: BlackNight12
Actually the original Spyro games (at least to me) is for all ages like a family game. it is rated E... for everyone. :3

Aura24: the character design should NOT be a big enough problem to judge the game based off of that alone, it's ridiculous.

Well some fans are judging Skylanders by Spyro's character design all because he doesn't look like his classic design.
---
#186 Posted: 23:10:43 10/06/2011
^ ah, they just have to get over it. so it's a little wierd or you just don't like it. half of them will probably play the game and love it.smilie
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:10 10/06/2011 by BlackNight12
#187 Posted: 23:17:15 10/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah they did the same with LoS.
---
#188 Posted: 23:20:12 10/06/2011
I actually think the game looks fine. I mean, it doesn't resemble much of a Spyro game at all but it looks good. my only thing is affording it. the price may be a bit to high there. thats my only problem.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:22 14/06/2011 by BlackNight12
#189 Posted: 08:59:04 12/06/2011

Aren't you being a little hypocritical? The original Spyro series is for kids, and you're still playing that?

Hypocrital? Lol. I've grown with the original Spyro series and I wouldn't mind replaying them since they're part of childhood, it's always good to remember old times.

I was only talking about Skylanders, 'cause I have no need to go buying stupid toys and I totally dislike the looks of the game. But, if this gives you enough reasons to go calling me hypocrital, oh well.

Also, I haven't played at any of the classical Spyro for AGES , since I lost my psx memory card (must buy one from ebay). But well, even if classical Spyro was for kids, I don't mind (I was 12 years old then). Skylanders is for new generations, so unless they release a worthy Spyro game in the future, sorry, I won't be buying Skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:16:34 12/06/2011 by LegacyofShadows
#190 Posted: 09:49:34 12/06/2011

Hypocrital? Lol. I've grown with the original Spyro series and I wouldn't mind replaying them since they're part of childhood, it's always good to remember old times.

I was only talking about Skylanders, 'cause I have no need to go buying stupid toys and I totally dislike the looks of the game. But, if this gives you enough reasons to go calling me hypocrital, oh well.

Also, I haven't played at any of the classical Spyro for AGES , since I lost my psx memory card (must buy one from ebay). But well, even if classical Spyro was for kids, I don't mind (I was 12 years old then). Skylanders is for new generations, so unless they release a worthy Spyro game in the future, sorry, I won't be buying Skylanders.

Now that you've explained it like that to me, it doesn't make you a hypocrite at all. I'm always playing the original trilogy. The only reason why I thought it was hypocritical at first was because all Spyro games are aimed at kids, and I thought I saw you complaining that Skylanders is too childish, maybe I don't read comments properly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:50:55 12/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#191 Posted: 09:57:37 12/06/2011

Now that you've explained it like that to me, it doesn't make you a hypocrite at all. I'm always playing the original trilogy. The only reason why I thought it was hypocritical at first was because all Spyro games are aimed at kids, and I thought I saw you complaining that Skylanders is too childish, maybe I don't read comments properly.

Thanks for understanding = )
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#192 Posted: 06:43:57 14/06/2011
I still love Spyro today. I don't hate any of the three series. I'm waiting to see what Skylanders will be like. It looks neat. As I've said, I don't hate any of the series, but I do like LoS the most. I long for a day for Spyro to rise again and become as popular as Call of Duty and Halo is. There are many in the world who have rather never heard of Spyro because of the Spyro company not advertising enough on TV or don't care about Spyro because they think it's boring. Honestly, the Spyro company needs to make a game that will draw everyone's attention. I think what they need is a ton of advertising, a really long game (Like KH2) with all of the elements that will draw everyone's attention, a good plot to will quench everyone's thirsts, and the money/time to work on a very good game for the community. But this is probably unlikely. I would really hope they would do this, though.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:44:08 14/06/2011 by Fireball
Salamander Green Sparx Gems: 366
#193 Posted: 11:07:53 14/06/2011
I will always be a Spyro Fan even if i get too old i will still be a Fan.
---
I believe in you Jesus and i will do, ALWAYS for ever. Darastrixi shilta ergriff urcaxa nomeno munthreki shilta ti.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#194 Posted: 12:39:53 17/06/2011
I still *like* Spyro today.

Although I prefer the classic games over anything else, I don't mind his current position. :3
#195 Posted: 18:45:40 17/06/2011
Quote: semp123
I still *like* Spyro today.

Although I prefer the classic games over anything else, I don't mind his current position. :3

That sounds kind of wrong, smilie
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#196 Posted: 19:14:45 17/06/2011
I thought of that when I was posting it, but I said "Meh". xP
#197 Posted: 19:18:45 17/06/2011
Quote: semp123
I thought of that when I was posting it, but I said "Meh". xP

Aww, alright then, see you later, hi!
Spyrof4n Green Sparx Gems: 170
#198 Posted: 04:06:21 07/07/2011
^SonicB first post. I can't say whether or not i will like Skylanders as it is not out yet so i am reserving *major* judgment. The only thing i will say is, i am not, in a sense, a fan of his new design. but as i have read from one of Aura's replies to someone on youtube -Character design does not make a game good or bad.- and I completely agree.
---
These streets are filled with cowards, disguised as men. They are, paying no consequence for their actions, soon we'll all give in.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me