Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro Skylanders why don't ya like or dont like it??
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Spyro Skylanders why don't ya like or dont like it?? [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#51 Posted: 09:43:37 06/06/2011
Quote: ashleigh
why I don't like the new spyro when thay said thay were going back to old spyro I was like yes but when I saw this //www.darkspyro.net/skylanders/images/gallery010.jpg I was like this guy

but now that I look at him he dose not look so bad I might get the game

I remember seeing that video and I just laughed at his reaction. My reaction was not that though, I guess I was kind of like "That's strange, why do they need to change the design again, make your minds up" Lol.

I'm not all that bothered about it now.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#52 Posted: 17:14:46 06/06/2011
Quote: Darby
The first thing that throws me off is the design. No, I'm not one of the people that hate it because of his design though. It just in no way reminds me of the Spyro we know. His legs are fat and chunky, his face looks so.. unintelligent. smilie I don't know how else to say it. And as far as we know, he doesn't talk? Spyro's always been a cocky petite little hero (with the acception of DotD), and now he looks like something made in Spore. That was my very first thought when I logged in and saw Skylanders Spyro for the first time.
Okay, his design aside.. He's the only Spyro character . Yeah, it probably shouldn't matter, considering he's the main character, but when he's completely unlike the character you know, that doesn't seem to matter.
There's what, 31 other characters? He's just there, along with all the other characters. And he's not even in his own Universe, he's in the ' Skylanders' ' Universe.
I realize i'm pretty much explaining why this isn't a Spyro game to me now. But if this game didn't have Spyro's name in the title, I wouldn't be interested in the first place at all. it doesn't look like my type of game at all. It just doesn't look entertaining. But maybe I need to give it a chance. I never said I wouldn't. I might rent it or something, or see what you guys think.
When is it released? September?

To me, Spyro looks like a rejected Sonic character, mainly because he has those distinct Sonic-y eyes, which are sort of derived from Mickey Mouse. Look:

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Character wise, the thing that bugs me the most is that they have a ton of characters, yet....they play virtually the same so far. And there is on excuse for that. Just shows how unoriginal they are being.

As for gameplay, it's like they just turned Spyro into a shooter. Not a first-person one, obviously, but one of those "arcade-y" ones. Which is ironic, because so many people joked about how Activision might do that due to Call of Duty's success. smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#53 Posted: 20:48:29 06/06/2011
Its obvious what they're trying to do with the design; its meant to be the type of character that is ugly, yet cute- like Toothless or Stitch. You can see the similarities with the chunky legs and big eyes. Its probably to appeal to boys more, too- though I honestly think the design looked much better on paper then it did on the computer.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#54 Posted: 03:49:10 07/06/2011
^Seeing how the designers are from Dreamworks, it shouldn't be a surprise that they attempted what they did.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#55 Posted: 10:53:37 07/06/2011
I'm not liking the noises Spyro makes in his own trailer. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#56 Posted: 17:48:29 07/06/2011
Not used to a dragon growling and communicating through roars? ;3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#57 Posted: 18:00:47 07/06/2011
Spyro now sounds like an impossible to understand Jason Griffith... smilie
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#58 Posted: 19:30:30 07/06/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Don't get how it at all sounds like Jason.......but whatever.

I personally like them. He sounds like a young dragon, which is what he is.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#59 Posted: 19:31:14 07/06/2011
He sounds like a young Goonro.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#60 Posted: 20:36:31 07/06/2011
^ YES HE DOES.

@Aura - smilie Well, just new to me coming from Spyro.
#61 Posted: 21:20:52 07/06/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Don't get how it at all sounds like Jason.......but whatever.

I personally like them. He sounds like a young dragon, which is what he is.

Just sounds like Griffith in terms of the pitch and tone. Mainly when you compare it to the early Sonic X episodes.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me