Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro Skylanders why don't ya like or dont like it??
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Spyro Skylanders why don't ya like or dont like it?? [CLOSED]
cynder1111 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1675
#1 Posted: 03:41:34 04/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Why do you like or don't like it?? i personaly don't like it as spyro but as a different game i think it would be ok...
---
I know this is not the path you would choose for me...But i have to walk my own path...and do what i know is right....
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7372
#2 Posted: 03:52:11 04/06/2011
I think you should've put this in the Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure forum.

Well I'm not a fan of Skylanders. I'm a fan of the Classics.
#3 Posted: 03:56:09 04/06/2011 | Topic Creator
o i didn't know they had one....ya i like the classics best especially spyro 2
---
I know this is not the path you would choose for me...But i have to walk my own path...and do what i know is right....
#4 Posted: 04:01:15 04/06/2011
My favourite Classic game would have to be Spyro 3, then Spyro 2, then Spyro 1. LOL backwards.
#5 Posted: 04:02:12 04/06/2011 | Topic Creator
lol ya dude its even better when played on the ps1
---
#6 Posted: 04:13:26 04/06/2011
I still have the PS1, so I play the Classics on that. smilie
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 04:14:38 04/06/2011
I don't like it, I love it! I think it looks like a fun beat-em-up.seems similar to the classics to me but with a bunch of figurines(good news for collectors like me). :3
#8 Posted: 04:18:44 04/06/2011
I'm not much of a collector.
Here in NZ, shops won't even probably sell the toys till ages after the game has come out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:18:55 04/06/2011 by Spyro-Gamer
#9 Posted: 04:24:19 04/06/2011 | Topic Creator
ya i wonder what cynder would look like in this game...
---
Superspyrodude Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#10 Posted: 04:27:02 04/06/2011
I'm a fan of the Classics, but if they did/do it right, Skylanders can do well and set a new standard. Hopefully. And I hope Zimmer's music is good. It will never beat Stewart's in my opinion. Sounds crazy, but it's true for me. smilie
---
I'm a music composer!
I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him, I am nothing. ~Sergei Rachmaninoff
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#11 Posted: 04:30:00 04/06/2011
I honestly think it looks alright.
#12 Posted: 04:38:49 04/06/2011
It's alright, I guess. But I'm not a fan of it.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#13 Posted: 05:39:47 04/06/2011
I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I know that I'm not all that bothered about it though, but I am interested to look it up around this site.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:40:25 04/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#14 Posted: 06:25:27 04/06/2011
I'm not very interested about it either. Meh, I kinda have mixed feelings about it I guess.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#15 Posted: 08:45:43 04/06/2011
I don't like it because it's nothing like the original series and there doesn't seem to be any sign of the other classic characters, not even sparx. What good is a Spyro game without him?

Although I like the idea of using toys to play as the characters and I like how the game progress is saved in the figures. When Skylanders comes out, I'm gonna look at reviews of the game before I consider whether to buy it or not.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#16 Posted: 09:36:52 04/06/2011
Not getting it, at least not at release. It looks stupid, and boring, and it's stupid.....andit'sdumb....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#17 Posted: 10:12:00 04/06/2011
All I can say about SSA is that I'm so buying any plushies they make of the characters<3
Minus the tree. I have problems with it :<
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#18 Posted: 20:02:29 04/06/2011
Well, I'm not over the moon excited like I ususally am, but I like that it's gone back to platforming and lightheartedness, as opposed to the doom-and-gloom constant combat that dominated the past three years. The gameplay looks fun but not wow worthy, and based on what we;ve seen of characters so far, I'm not head over heels in love with any of them yet but I've seen a few I like. Alas, I cannot even say I adore Spyro yet, but here's hoping this game restores my fandom.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#19 Posted: 20:27:00 04/06/2011
Spyro is a ugly ****er in that game.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#20 Posted: 01:35:47 05/06/2011
Doesn't interest me in the least. It doesn't feel like Spyro to me. I was okay with everything before this game.
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#21 Posted: 02:31:58 05/06/2011
It is starting to look better, in my opinion. I prefer the others though. Sparx not being in it is a bit of a let down, though. But I think it could be OK
---
IT'S A DRAGON
#22 Posted: 05:14:51 05/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Spyro is a ugly ****er in that game.

Agreed. They made look like total cr*p
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#23 Posted: 05:15:46 05/06/2011
Come on, it's just a video game after all. Designs doesn't make a video game automatically good.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#24 Posted: 05:50:32 05/06/2011
Designs of a character should be the least thing to worry about, talk about niave.
#25 Posted: 08:06:18 05/06/2011 | Topic Creator
ya i suppose so but i would think they would give it some more thought....
---
#26 Posted: 08:24:47 05/06/2011
Yeah. They don't have to make him look a lot more different!
#27 Posted: 13:47:24 05/06/2011
I don't understand why they would need to change the design in the first place really, but I guess that's how it's supposed to go with reboots.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#28 Posted: 14:10:39 05/06/2011
Think I will explain my opinions properly now.

OK, so first off, it doesn't look like a platformer like the Classics, or a proper combo focused adventure game like LoS. It looks like some generic shooting mini-game the whole way through. I mean seriously, most of Spyro's trailer just shows him shooting fireballs (with a bit of charging and "flying"), most of Gill Grunt's trailer shows him shooting water/harpoons, and most of Trigger Happy's trailer shows him shooting coins.

Which brings me to my next point - the characters don't seem to have a lot of gameplay variety. Every character seems to have some sort of ranged attack, as well as a "flying" ability. The differences between the characters are too minor so far, and the overall gameplay doesn't seem to have much variety.

Now, I WOULD still get it at release...if that stupid toy idea was not here...we, the consumers, don't gain a thing from it. And the fact that Dark Spyro can only be gotten through the 3DS version (or Ebay, later on), annoys me too.

As for designs, I don't care about them. It doesn't bother me in the least.

On the plus side, the music and graphics are very nice. Heck, I even like the sound effects. But that's about as far as my positive points go.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#29 Posted: 15:46:42 05/06/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

OK, so first off, it doesn't look like a platformer like the Classics, or a proper combo focused adventure game like LoS. It looks like some generic shooting mini-game the whole way through. I mean seriously, most of Spyro's trailer just shows him shooting fireballs (with a bit of charging and "flying"), most of Gill Grunt's trailer shows him shooting water/harpoons, and most of Trigger Happy's trailer shows him shooting coins.

Which brings me to my next point - the characters don't seem to have a lot of gameplay variety. Every character seems to have some sort of ranged attack, as well as a "flying" ability. The differences between the characters are too minor so far, and the overall gameplay doesn't seem to have much variety.

Now, I WOULD still get it at release...if that stupid toy idea was not here...we, the consumers, don't gain a thing from it. And the fact that Dark Spyro can only be gotten through the 3DS version (or Ebay, later on), annoys me too.

On the plus side, the music and graphics are very nice. Heck, I even like the sound effects. But that's about as far as my positive points go.

With what you said in bold, I actually kind of agree with you there, but I'm not completly certain that it will be boring, who knows? Maybe the trailer just makes it look boring, or they showed the boring parts and left out the best parts, it may also be more fun than you expect it to be, maybe it just looks boring watching it? This is why I have mixed feelings.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:06 05/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#30 Posted: 16:49:07 05/06/2011
Feelings are neutral until the game is released. Even if the game ends up being terrible, at least there will be Spyro merchandise to buy.
#31 Posted: 17:09:48 05/06/2011
Quote: Kitty
Feelings are neutral until the game is released. Even if the game ends up being terrible, at least there will be Spyro merchandise to buy.

I agree, it will be something new, and at least the developers actually did try something different.
#32 Posted: 17:43:28 05/06/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

With what you said in bold, I actually kind of agree with you there, but I'm not completly certain that it will be boring, who knows? Maybe the trailer just makes it look boring, or they showed the boring parts and left out the best parts, it may also be more fun than you expect it to be, maybe it just looks boring watching it? This is why I have mixed feelings.

But I mean, aren't trailers supposed to show you what's in store, and make you excited?
#33 Posted: 17:45:07 05/06/2011
Quote: Darby
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

But I mean, aren't trailers supposed to show you what's in store, and make you excited?

I am kind of excited, but I don't really want to be, incase it turns out to be something terrible for me, like it did with DOTD. And I can't just judge the game and say that is 'great' from a trailer, just the same way that I can't say it's 'terrible'. In bold Aura and CAV seem to miss that one out.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 17:48:29 05/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#34 Posted: 17:51:04 05/06/2011
Yeah, that's true. Did the trailer for DotD make you excited?
I feel like i'll try to be excited and not judge it as bad, but then I'll get it and end up being as dissapointed as I expected to be.
#35 Posted: 17:56:17 05/06/2011
Yeah, that's true. Did the trailer for DotD make you excited?
I feel like i'll try to be excited and not judge it as bad, but then I'll get it and end up being as dissapointed as I expected to be.

Yes, very, mainly because of the graphics I was seeing Spyro in, and the fact that he is a teen, and I thought that Cynder would turn against Spyro in the end, like there would be a twist to the end to make it interesting.
#36 Posted: 18:03:51 05/06/2011
I can see that. smilie Maybe I'm lucky I wasn't a big part of the fandom when the LoS was currently being made and everything. Or at least didn't know they existed. Since I came later, i didn't really have any expectations, and it was all spoiled for me before I could guess and hope what would happen in the story.

For this game I don't really have high expectations from what I've seen/heard, but you can't judge it before you've played it I guess. But still, this game just doesn't seem like Spyro to me. And like I said, I was okay with every Spyro game before this, but this is barely a Spyro game.
#37 Posted: 18:06:09 05/06/2011
I can see that. smilie Maybe I'm lucky I wasn't a big part of the fandom when the LoS was currently being made and everything. Or at least didn't know they existed. Since I came later, i didn't really have any expectations, and it was all spoiled for me before I could guess and hope what would happen in the story.

For this game I don't really have high expectations from what I've seen/heard, but you can't judge it before you've played it I guess. But still, this game just doesn't seem like Spyro to me. And like I said, I was okay with every Spyro game before this, but this is barely a Spyro game.

I can see what you mean, I can see the platforming roots of the trailer, but it does also seem rather random, but then again, the original trilogy was random just in a different sort of way, but the thing is the gimmicks sort of cloud over your vision that makes it seem not to be like Spyro, plus the extra characters doesn't seem to help. I don't think it really is anything to do with the "But it is aimed at a younger audience" line because the original trilogy was aimed at a young audience anyway.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:07:29 05/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#38 Posted: 18:34:39 05/06/2011
The first thing that throws me off is the design. No, I'm not one of the people that hate it because of his design though. It just in no way reminds me of the Spyro we know. His legs are fat and chunky, his face looks so.. unintelligent. smilie I don't know how else to say it. And as far as we know, he doesn't talk? Spyro's always been a cocky petite little hero (with the acception of DotD), and now he looks like something made in Spore. That was my very first thought when I logged in and saw Skylanders Spyro for the first time.
Okay, his design aside.. He's the only Spyro character . Yeah, it probably shouldn't matter, considering he's the main character, but when he's completely unlike the character you know, that doesn't seem to matter.
There's what, 31 other characters? He's just there, along with all the other characters. And he's not even in his own Universe, he's in the ' Skylanders' ' Universe.
I realize i'm pretty much explaining why this isn't a Spyro game to me now. But if this game didn't have Spyro's name in the title, I wouldn't be interested in the first place at all. it doesn't look like my type of game at all. It just doesn't look entertaining. But maybe I need to give it a chance. I never said I wouldn't. I might rent it or something, or see what you guys think.
When is it released? September?
#39 Posted: 18:40:23 05/06/2011
The first thing that throws me off is the design. No, I'm not one of the people that hate it because of his design though. It just in no way reminds me of the Spyro we know. His legs are fat and chunky, his face looks so.. unintelligent. smilie I don't know how else to say it. And as far as we know, he doesn't talk? Spyro's always been a cocky petite little hero (with the acception of DotD), and now he looks like something made in Spore. That was my very first thought when I logged in and saw Skylanders Spyro for the first time.
Okay, his design aside.. He's the only Spyro character . Yeah, it probably shouldn't matter, considering he's the main character, but when he's completely unlike the character you know, that doesn't seem to matter.
There's what, 31 other characters? He's just there, along with all the other characters. And he's not even in his own Universe, he's in the ' Skylanders' ' Universe.
I realize i'm pretty much explaining why this isn't a Spyro game to me now. But if this game didn't have Spyro's name in the title, I wouldn't be interested in the first place at all. it doesn't look like my type of game at all. It just doesn't look entertaining. But maybe I need to give it a chance. I never said I wouldn't. I might rent it or something, or see what you guys think.
When is it released? September?

The design threw me off at first, but since I have seen his trailer, I've come to like it, just try and be open minded and pretend that you didn't know any other Spyro if you can, and try to like it, like think that you don't know any different.

I think that Spyro's voice-over suits him, and I think it sounds cute. But he should at least be able to talk like the first Spyro game or maybe A Hero's Tail, not sure.

It looks entertaining to me, but I don't know if it's a little over the top or there might be not enough to entertain me, I'm still thinking about that one, not sure either, lol.

We will all be sure for certain once we play it. We got to remember it's a reboot and keep open minded and maybe we will enjoy it slightly, who knows?

And this is me thinking of Skylanders as a positive point of view whilst trying not to hurt your feelings too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:10 05/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#40 Posted: 18:42:24 05/06/2011
^The design threw me off too, but I can't say I didn't expect a change to it. A new developer brings a new design. And besides, I personally like it. His nose is a bit weird though.

It's a rental for me. Toys For Bob can easily **** up, but at the same time save the franchise. But I'm optimistic about it, especially after seeing what critics think of it so far.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:26 05/06/2011 by CAV
#41 Posted: 18:44:42 05/06/2011
Quote: CAV
^The design threw me off too, but I can't say I didn't expect a change to it. A new developer brings a new design. And besides, I personally like it. His nose is a bit weird though.

It's a rental for me. Toys For Bob can easily **** up, but at the same time save the franchise. But I'm optimistic about it, especially after seeing what critics think of it so far.

I'm not really bothered what the critics think of it, I need to try it out for myself for me to have a proper say on it. Sure, watching a couple of levels from a playthrough once it comes out may help a little, but it's better to actually experience it yourself.

I don't mind Spyro's snout, it's the way the horns are positioned that bugs me, it looks fine when you see his head from the side, but from the front and back, a little strange, but not important.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:02 05/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#42 Posted: 18:46:33 05/06/2011
^It is. But at the same time, it's nice to see what the critics think. And they (mostly) have positive things to say.
#43 Posted: 18:48:32 05/06/2011
^It is. But at the same time, it's nice to see what the critics think. And they (mostly) have positive things to say.

I suppose when you see the positive things, you can always reconsider of what you were thinking before, and you'll have more knowledge from the game. That makes sense, but I wouldn't go with their every word.
#44 Posted: 18:50:09 05/06/2011
I don't go with their every word.

Meh. Either way, I would rent it if it was possible.
#45 Posted: 18:54:06 05/06/2011
I don't go with their every word.

Meh. Either way, I would rent it if it was possible.

That's good. I think I would like to rent it too, I haven't rented a game in years, probably since my days back on the PlayStation.
#46 Posted: 18:56:29 05/06/2011
I can only wish that Gamefly would ship a Portal and Spyro toy along with it. smilie
#47 Posted: 18:57:19 05/06/2011
I can only wish that Gamefly would ship a Portal and Spyro toy along with it. smilie

I wouldn't know how to rent it considering the merchandise that comes with it, I suppose you have to go to a store to do it.
#48 Posted: 19:34:50 05/06/2011
I don't think I'd be possible to rent it at all. To rent it would be getting the disc only. You can't play the game without the Portal or toy.
#49 Posted: 19:42:01 05/06/2011
I don't think I'd be possible to rent it at all. To rent it would be getting the disc only. You can't play the game without the Portal or toy.

Makes you wish they would rent out a four level demo, and you can just play the disc and not need anything to go with it, it would be on the disc; the three characters I mean on a type of screen select.
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#50 Posted: 08:18:15 06/06/2011
why I don't like the new spyro when thay said thay were going back to old spyro I was like yes but when I saw this //www.darkspyro.net/skylanders/images/gallery010.jpg I was like this guy

but now that I look at him he dose not look so bad I might get the game
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me