Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Why do you think Spyro wasn't in The Chronicler's book?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Why do you think Spyro wasn't in The Chronicler's book? [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#51 Posted: 22:35:57 10/03/2011
Thanks.

Quote: Razz
I'm not trading my DSi XL and I'm still miffed at the 3DS. They finally make a handheld I can play just in time to release a new version that I can't play! *shakes fist*

I was thinking that too. It's kinda too soon to have done it. But whatever.

I don't know what I want to do. My DSi has the last photo I took of my late mother, and none of my SD cards work to save it. And I traded my original DS that I got for Christmas to get that. And the XL is from my uncle. What do I do?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#52 Posted: 22:38:54 10/03/2011
Wow...that's a tough one...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#53 Posted: 22:42:35 10/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Don't use sarcasm.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#54 Posted: 22:42:47 10/03/2011
If you cherish that pic, definitely keep that one until you can find a way to get it off there. And if the XL is more comfortable to play on, keep that, too. Give the 3DS some time to get the bugs worked out of the system (I usually don't get new consoles for months, if not years, after they've been released).
#55 Posted: 22:44:41 10/03/2011
It's not that the XL is more comfortable, it's just that I can never seem to part with gifts. I feel like crap when I do.
#56 Posted: 22:50:10 10/03/2011
You could always give it to someone you like who doesn't have one and has always wanted one, that way it's the gift that keeps going. smilie
#57 Posted: 22:54:48 10/03/2011
.........Still couldn't part with it.

And my brother already has a DS Lite. A special Pokemon one at that.
#58 Posted: 22:56:49 10/03/2011
I don't blame you. I've held on to gifts like that, too.
#59 Posted: 22:58:10 10/03/2011
I could never part with anything that was given to me by my parents or anyone else.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#60 Posted: 07:26:14 11/03/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Quote: riverhippo
Quote: DeathStar
Why do you think Spyro (and Cynder) wasn't in The Chronicler's book?

I did not read this question so obviously like everyone else did.

Instead I read it as, "What do you think was the reason that the writers of the story left Spyro and Cynder out of the Chronicler's book?"

Now that's a question. It could be they left it open for expansion. Maybe they wanted to mess with us. The popular (and lame) suggestion is that the writers messed up and didn't know what the heck they were doing. But I think they did. It's very possible future LoS were thought of, and anyone who barks, "But it was a trilogy...!" is ignorant. Terminator, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Die Hard--all examples of movie sagas that weren't limited to a trilogy basis. I believe that if DotD had been more successful than it was, a game to continue the Spyro-Cynder story would have continued. There are several people that are curious to how that would have gone. I know I am.

I'm curious too. One big question I want answered is if Spyro heard Cynder say "I love you" before the Earth exploded.

Here's a thought:

Sometimes the cutscenes have dialog in them, but they are more narrative as to indicate the phrase is out of place, like Ignitus' narrative at the beginning. Maybe Cynder eventually would have said, "I love you," to Spyro, but it wasn't actually seconds before the re-consolidation of the planet. Instead, maybe it was later during future adventures Cynder would have with Spyro that she confessed her love to him. Remember, we don't actually see Cynder say those words at that time, we only hear them. This would make more sense, since the "I love you" phrase is probably the most out-of-place statement in the entire game.

Perhaps the writers were preparing for an open-ended storyline and planned on having Cynder start a more romantic relationship with Spyro. But after it was determined that this would be the end of LoS, they hastily ended the storyline with what they eventually wanted to add anyway-a romantic element. They couldn't change the sequence after Malofor's defeat because it would rewrite the entire level, so they just threw in the romantic element and tried to tie it in with the extended ending. The result--confused and upset fans that try to put the pieces together of what was thought a very carefully thought out ending but was really thrown together at the very last second.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#61 Posted: 08:52:31 11/03/2011
If you cherish that pic, definitely keep that one until you can find a way to get it off there. And if the XL is more comfortable to play on, keep that, too. Give the 3DS some time to get the bugs worked out of the system (I usually don't get new consoles for months, if not years, after they've been released).

Seeing as we're talking about the 3DS, I may as well interject it will be worth the price tag. smilie I know by the experience of playing several.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#62 Posted: 12:12:21 11/03/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Don't use sarcasm.

I wasn't. I honestly don't know what to do. I would say sell it if it weren't for the fact that it has a picture of your late mother on it, but that is something worth holding onto, especially considering your situation.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#63 Posted: 01:03:46 14/05/2011
I think that Spyro is neither dead or alive, but something in between. After all, he IS a special dragon.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7372
#64 Posted: 02:49:22 14/05/2011
Spyro did not die, so that's why he was not in the Chronicler's Book. Yes, I did also think it was obvious.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#65 Posted: 04:03:49 14/05/2011
Quote: Fireball
I think that Spyro is neither dead or alive, but something in between. After all, he IS a special dragon.

So you think Spyro is on the Island, like in Lost? hehe/...
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#66 Posted: 06:34:59 14/05/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
The reasons have been summed up in two posts.
Thats a record!

Technically just one smilie
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#67 Posted: 07:58:12 14/05/2011
Quote: CAV
Thanks.

I'm not trading my DSi XL and I'm still miffed at the 3DS. They finally make a handheld I can play just in time to release a new version that I can't play! *shakes fist*

I was thinking that too. It's kinda too soon to have done it. But whatever.

I don't know what I want to do. My DSi has the last photo I took of my late mother, and none of my SD cards work to save it. And I traded my original DS that I got for Christmas to get that. And the XL is from my uncle. What do I do?

If I were you, I'd buy a 3DS while still keeping the DSi- you can transfer photos over if you have both systems with you at once. You could sell the DSi if you wanted afterwards; I was a bit iffy about selling mine until I arrived at the person's home and saw it was for a little girl's Birthday.

But, if you didn't want to do that, maybe you could take a photo of the screen with a camera or even a phone?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#68 Posted: 14:12:59 14/05/2011
Quote: riverhippo
Quote: Fireball

So you think Spyro is on the Island, like in Lost? hehe/...

No, like a spirit or something.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me