Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
the best pic of spyro [CLOSED]
cynder1111 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1675
#1 Posted: 04:39:12 09/04/2011 | Topic Creator
post your best pics of cynder,spyro or any charter. example: [User Posted Image]
---
I know this is not the path you would choose for me...But i have to walk my own path...and do what i know is right....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:57 09/04/2011 by cynder1111
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#2 Posted: 05:07:52 09/04/2011
This topic is pointless. The best pictures of the characters in the game/concept art are the random images that appear on the top of the screen.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 05:15:01 09/04/2011
Obviously the official art and concept art of the game developers who did the Spyro games..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:36:20 09/04/2011 by Aura24
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#4 Posted: 06:08:24 09/04/2011
I dunno... I like a lot of the Spyro concept art but it's not the best Spyro art around. This kind of tops the charts for me.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#5 Posted: 08:43:08 14/04/2011
This one: //www.darkspyro.net/dawn/gallery025.jpg
This one: //www.darkspyro.net/hero/gallery039.jpg
And this one: //www.darkspyro.net/hero/gallery081.jpg
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#6 Posted: 12:52:21 14/04/2011
[User Posted Image]

This.
#7 Posted: 19:20:54 14/04/2011
Just want to make sure everyone sees this. And, yes, it is Spyro.

[User Posted Image]

Link to see the artist's comments.
darkfurydragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3312
#8 Posted: 20:21:50 14/04/2011
Quote: Shrazer320
[User Posted Image]

This.

...that. Is Awesome.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#9 Posted: 20:31:48 14/04/2011
Quote: Shrazer320
[User Posted Image]

This.

Don't like it that much, it's random.
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#10 Posted: 01:58:41 26/04/2011
The official stuff with spyro, cynder and sparx is the best!! :3
---
IT'S A DRAGON
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#11 Posted: 07:36:10 26/04/2011
[User Posted Image]

I just love Spyro's expression.

It's really hard to look for this stuff. All I get are images of SpyroxCynder.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#12 Posted: 08:37:56 26/04/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
[User Posted Image]

I just love Spyro's expression.

It's really hard to look for this stuff. All I get are images of SpyroxCynder.

I love the expression too. I have taken this from a magazine walkthrough and stuck it up in my room, something to look at from time to time.
DeathStar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#13 Posted: 15:41:30 28/04/2011
[User Posted Image]

Mind you, I prefer him looking more anime styled.
Belongs to http://nahamut.deviantart.com/

Edit>
But I also like this one...
[User Posted Image]
by http://kalliahverkauf.deviantart.com/
---
"oh sweet sweet sounds of 80s synthesizers, alleviate me...."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:44:24 28/04/2011 by DeathStar
#14 Posted: 15:43:12 28/04/2011
Quote: DeathStar
[User Posted Image]

Why does he have bushy hair? smilie Bit weird.
#15 Posted: 23:35:44 28/04/2011
It's called an art style.
#16 Posted: 00:05:49 29/04/2011
It's called "lazy anime knock-off". Yeesh, so far everything but the one I posted is easily found here on the first page of a dA search and all of them are pretty common and kind of dull.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#17 Posted: 00:10:21 29/04/2011
That's kind of obnoxious. For one thing, those pictures look more detailed than most of your own. So I would hardly call it lazy.

Also, so what if they found it in the first page of a dA search. That's like saying that the first page always has bad art.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#18 Posted: 00:31:53 29/04/2011
Details don't make things interesting and most of what's "popular" on dA isn't good. If you want, I can tell you exactly what's off with those pics. While I commend the artists for their ability to color things, they are sorely lacking in their basics when it comes to art; fun colors do not a good image make and these pieces have some serious issues.
#19 Posted: 02:35:21 29/04/2011
Quote: Razz
It's called "lazy anime knock-off".

^THIS

Details don't make things interesting and most of what's "popular" on dA isn't good. If you want, I can tell you exactly what's off with those pics. While I commend the artists for their ability to color things, they are sorely lacking in their basics when it comes to art; fun colors do not a good image make and these pieces have some serious issues.

^and some of this
#20 Posted: 12:54:52 29/04/2011
I wasn't saying it has to be detailed to be interesting. What I meant was, detailed pictures take longer to do, so the artists are hardly lazy if they actually took the time to add the detail they wanted. And no, I'm not particularly fond of the picture myself, I was just pointing out that what they did was not lazy. Heck, I've spent ages on my own pictures and I'm not very fond of them. The artist may not even be over 18, and if that is the case, they show a lot of promise. And if they drew that with a mouse rather than a tablet or pencil, it's impressive, despite the actual "art flaws" in it.

Oh, and also, it's not anime. It's manga (for those who don't know the difference, anime is animated manga).
---
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#21 Posted: 19:49:52 29/04/2011
[User Posted Image]

Classic Spyro, FTW!
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#22 Posted: 23:37:39 29/04/2011
Quote: DeathStar
[User Posted Image]

Edit>
But I also like this one...
[User Posted Image]
by http://kalliahverkauf.deviantart.com/

that looks awesome! different and very detailed.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#23 Posted: 04:32:55 30/04/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
That's kind of obnoxious. For one thing, those pictures look more detailed than most of your own. So I would hardly call it lazy.

Also, so what if they found it in the first page of a dA search. That's like saying that the first page always has bad art.

I wasn't saying it has to be detailed to be interesting. What I meant was, detailed pictures take longer to do, so the artists are hardly lazy if they actually took the time to add the detail they wanted. And no, I'm not particularly fond of the picture myself, I was just pointing out that what they did was not lazy. Heck, I've spent ages on my own pictures and I'm not very fond of them. The artist may not even be over 18, and if that is the case, they show a lot of promise. And if they drew that with a mouse rather than a tablet or pencil, it's impressive, despite the actual "art flaws" in it.

Oh, and also, it's not anime. It's manga (for those who don't know the difference, anime is animated manga).

These.

It's called "lazy anime knock-off". Yeesh, so far everything but the one I posted is easily found here on the first page of a dA search and all of them are pretty common and kind of dull.

I'm afraid to post this, but... I'll do so anyway. I could bear you posting your art and that you're almost thirty in more than a few topics, but this is just- yes- somewhat obnoxious, even though you have said you hate it for actual reasons. I've seen you post and talk about your art so many times it's not even fun to look at anymore. And just because something isn't different, doesn't mean it's lazily done, cheap, or bad. And before one of you guys misinterprets this, let me get some things clear: No, I'm not saying Razz's art is bad, no, I'm not saying I hate Razz all of a sudden, so I'm not saying you guys can't have opinions, and no, I'm not saying the art she posted sucks. But what I said above. Besides, to me, Razz's art I've seen is actually highly similar to Dav Plikey's, which makes it not-different to me, but I still like both of their work. Again, I'm not saying it's bad. But I dare you guys, go have a look at Dav's art, and tell me they don't look similar. I don't know, or really care which came first, but just because art isn't different it ain't bad.
Honestly, I'm too scared to look back on this topic after I post this, because chances are that I'll have to post a chain of rants, or something. Honestly, do not care what you guys get from this post right now. But I'm not trying to hate anybody or anybody's art. I just want to get that line of a point across. Send me PMs and post in my guestbook all you want, if you do want to, but honestly, I'm not going to bother re-wording these rants any more.

[insert line of point here]
#24 Posted: 06:46:26 30/04/2011
Sonicbrawler: A person can put a lot of details and little fiddly bits into a piece and spend little/no extra time on it.

GamingMaster: I...have no idea what you're saying up there. I haven't posted my work here (with only two exceptions I can think of, both times requested) literally in years. I don't know who Dav Plikey is; do you have a link to his work? My major influences are cheap late 80s/early 90s cartoons; if he was an animator on "Beetlejuice" or "Ren & Stimpy" I could see where there might be similarity?

It sounds kind of like you're tearing into me...but not...but kind of like you are...and then in the end you agree with me? I'm totally lost here.
#25 Posted: 07:24:30 30/04/2011

And there's something wrong with both those?
#26 Posted: 07:36:20 30/04/2011
To my mind, yes. I was rather hoping this thread might be a place to showcase some obscure talent or things we all haven't seen a thousand times over, so seeing some of the most generic and dull fanart being reposted was a bit of a disappointment, especially when something that is legitimately impressive and rare is being completely ignored in favor of this stuff.

As far as the anime style goes, it's over done and over rated and has been for many years now (at least in the west). If Hayao Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon drew some art of Spyro, I'd be impressed, but I'm not impressed when young artists (especially those who should be learning the foundations of good art) waste their potential on yet another anime-styled drawing on a site choking to death on them and it looks just as bland and uninspired as every other piece just like it.

In spite of the harshness above, I do realize this is my opinion (shared by thousands of others but not necessarily you guys). I don't expect my comments to change your mind and if you for some reason think that's what I'm trying to do, you are very mistaken.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:31:25 30/04/2011 by Razz
#27 Posted: 12:12:56 30/04/2011
And you have evidence that the artist spent no extra time on it?

The topic was made so people can post their favourite pictures of Spyro stuff, even if said art was official. You should of expected "drivel" to pop up. If you want only obscure art to pop up, make a topic titled "Obscure Spyro Fan Art".

Also, you kind of contradict yourself, as the picture you posted is not obscure by any means. I have seen more realistic/intimidating/feral Spyro pictures than I have manga ones(again, the picture above is manga, as it does not move, as far as I can tell). And there are many pictures of non-Spyro, draconic/demonic creatures in very similar poses and environments all across the net. And this is coming from someone who has stopped looking at much dragon art recently. You may not of been aware there are many pictures like the one you posted, but my point is, your point of "obscurity", is pretty much irrelevant here. However, the picture you posted is very nice on the eyes. But it is just as generic as the manga one.

And I don't see how an artist is "wasting potential" by drawing manga, seeing as to get good at something, you have to keep trying. It's like starting a business. The first time you try, you are probably going to be unsuccessful, but you will see what you did wrong, and the next time, you will be able to improve on that, and make more money.

I wouldn't call manga over rated at all, simply because I think it's silly to call an art style over rated. Art is about expression, and people express things in different ways. When calling an art style over rated, you are basically telling people that they shouldn't express themselves using that style, because it's "bad". There is no such thing as a bad or over rated art style, but there is a such thing as over rated art, or over rated artists, if you ask me. And I just had a look at the nahamut's other art, and it's pretty impressive, and a big contrast to the Spyro picture above. So I don't think they are an over rated artist. It's likely the Spyro one is really old.
---
#28 Posted: 16:28:59 30/04/2011
As far as the anime style goes, it's over done and over rated and has been for many years now (at least in the west). If Hayao Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon drew some art of Spyro, I'd be impressed, but I'm not impressed when young artists (especially those who should be learning the foundations of good art) waste their potential on yet another anime-styled drawing on a site choking to death on them and it looks just as bland and uninspired as every other piece just like it.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^THIS
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:15 30/04/2011 by CAV
#29 Posted: 17:52:46 30/04/2011
I'm not very keen on any of these 'fan' art pictures so far, they are good artists to draw that kind of stuff, but you know, it's not exactly Spyro to me as it looks nothing like Classic, Legend or Skylander. But then again I could be wrong for saying that, but that's what I like.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#30 Posted: 19:29:19 30/04/2011
Geez, I'm just going to post pictures I like of Spyro despite some of them are probably 'generic & overdone' pictures to some of you here. It happens to be the point of the topic anyway.

[User Posted Image]
Yes, Cynder's in it too. Sorry. ^.^
Will post more later.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:02 30/04/2011 by Darby
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7372
#31 Posted: 07:09:16 01/05/2011
^I love this picture!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:09:30 01/05/2011 by Spyro-Gamer
#32 Posted: 10:38:10 01/05/2011
I really like this one:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?...=Spyro#/d1rexbz

I can't display the image, just comes up as [User Posted Image] with a red X, so I can't be bothered to figure that out.
#33 Posted: 13:32:50 01/05/2011
I like that one! Especially with the Enchanted Towers background.

Brawler had showed me a way to post a picture without the red X where you right click the picture, click 'properties', and copy the URL. ^.^

I'll post another picture I like soon.
#34 Posted: 14:08:21 01/05/2011
Spyro meets a dirty boi! :3

[User Posted Image]

So kawaii!! X3~<3
---
#35 Posted: 14:21:58 01/05/2011
Spyro meets a dirty boi! :3

[User Posted Image]

So kawaii!! X3~<3

I laughed when I saw this on deviantArt.
#36 Posted: 14:24:24 01/05/2011
It's a good one...but the better question is, how does he stand with it on his head? :^|3
---
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#37 Posted: 15:21:41 01/05/2011
The mass weight will offset his balance tremendously, but also he just kinda appears out of no where and acts like an asshole.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#38 Posted: 19:39:25 01/05/2011
Most people have probably already seen these, but I love 'em too much not to post them!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

And, as for style, I hate mine. I'd like to try and experiment with pastels and simplify things- focus on the main features, like eyes, etc. Then again, I wouldn't say that there is one uniques style; you can have original elements, but never a completely original style.
...But, then, what do I know?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#39 Posted: 21:06:12 01/05/2011
Haven't seen those...they are awesome...
---
rasigar_dragon2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#40 Posted: 01:07:52 16/06/2011
Quote: Darby
Geez, I'm just going to post pictures I like of Spyro despite some of them are probably 'generic & overdone' pictures to some of you here. It happens to be the point of the topic anyway.

[User Posted Image]
Yes, Cynder's in it too. Sorry. ^.^
Will post more later.

AWSOME!! best pic ever im downloading it for my mobile phone's wallpaper
---
[RYUSEI: My reflexes are honed by years of gaming!]
#41 Posted: 02:52:13 16/06/2011
I'm glad you love it as well!
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#42 Posted: 05:18:13 16/06/2011
Just want to make sure everyone sees this. And, yes, it is Spyro.

[User Posted Image]

Link to see the artist's comments.

that is... awesome in a creepy " spyro's gonna rip out my soul" way. who drew that?xD
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#43 Posted: 05:54:36 16/06/2011
Razz did. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#44 Posted: 06:21:35 16/06/2011
^no,no... she didn't draw that. Razz who drew it?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#45 Posted: 06:52:23 16/06/2011
It says so on the artist comment link below the picture....
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#46 Posted: 07:13:27 16/06/2011
I could have sworn it said it was made my Razzek...
---
#47 Posted: 19:59:16 16/06/2011
I wish! I'm not even half that good. The artist is GlintzDragon.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#48 Posted: 21:24:59 16/06/2011
[User Posted Image]
[filler]
#49 Posted: 22:39:11 16/06/2011
I wish! I'm not even half that good. The artist is GlintzDragon.

I wish it was! You're a good artist. I've seen your How to Draw Spyro topic on spyroforum and it's really good.

Here's one I found that looks awesome.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:39 16/06/2011 by Fireball
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7372
#50 Posted: 06:27:49 17/06/2011
^That's very big.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me