Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The Competitive Spyro Gaming Topic
Page 1 of 1
The Competitive Spyro Gaming Topic [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1 Posted: 16:30:24 08/03/2011 | Topic Creator
I have wanted to make this for a really long time, and there doesn't seem to be one around....

Basically, in this topic, you can set challenges for other players to do. They can be open or "specific".

Open means anyone can do it and be accounted for.
Specific is when you want a certain user to do it(users not listed in these can do these if they wish though.
These are mainly so friends can be more direct when challenging each other).

Challenges can be in any Spyro game, and can be absolutely anything, from a highscore in a minigame or speedway, to doing a conditioned playthrough(like I am for DotD).

You can also just post your scores and times for things if you want.
Also, feel free to discuss strategies for things, or to give other players techniques for all-round better play.

Just a few general rules:
1) Don't boast. If you're good, that's awesome, but don't rub it in people's faces. This is just for friendly competition. You don't have to be modest, but try not to be arrogant.

2) Don't be a spoil sport either. If someone does better than you in something, don't whine over it, just try to improve for next time.

3) Don't harass people or pressure them to do something. They have every right to decline a challenge, if they feel so inclined.

4) This is not really a rule, but a recommendation. Try to provide proof of you're accomplishments if you can, like a YouTube video, or a screenshot.

General Challenge Examples:
High Score: Get as high a score as possible in a certain task. Good examples are skateboarding in YotD, or attack combos in TEN GBA and DotD.

Speedruns: Try to get from point A to B as fast as possible.

Fun-Runs: These only work in the Classics, and are best done in Spyro 1. Players set out a course to go along. The catch? You must constantly charge, and if you stop charging, it's back to square one.

Glide Times: Can be done in any Spyro game where you can glide. You have to try stay in a glide for as long as possible, and land it.
You can vary this by game, level, and also set restrictions.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:43:39 08/03/2011 by sonicbrawler182
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4271
#2 Posted: 16:40:01 08/03/2011
Nice!
#3 Posted: 17:19:52 08/03/2011 | Topic Creator
I just had a go at speedrunning Canyon Speedway in Spyro 2 with Superflame.

I got a time of 49.40 seconds. Any takers?

Here's a challenge for DotD players:

Go to the Valley of Avalar and put on the Infinite Mana cheat. Go to the top of the waterfall, past where Meadow is being held, and go to the far wall.

Starting here, get to the other end of the Valley, by the raft, right to the wall, as fast as possible - the catch is, you must use Spyro's level 3 Boulder move the entire time. You may not exit to fly, or even walk, but you can jump while still inside the boulder.

I done it in 55 seconds.
Here is an online stopwatch you can use for timing.
http://www.online-stopwatch.com/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:20 08/03/2011 by sonicbrawler182
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#4 Posted: 21:26:43 08/03/2011
I'm so doing this for Skateboarding smilie
I want to do that VoA one you did too to see if I can beat it, but I don't feel like going upstairs and setting up my ps2 right now, lol
#5 Posted: 22:22:14 08/03/2011 | Topic Creator
I would do skateboarding, but I can't find YotD. smilie

Also, is anyone else actually gonna come here?

Seriously, people have complained that this site isn't really a Spyro site anymore, and said I had quite a bit to do with it.
Then I go and make a topic where we can all have Spyro fun together, and everyone ignores it?

This is the last time I actually try my best to keep the Spyro in darkSpyro.... smilie
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#6 Posted: 01:03:25 09/03/2011
Geeze, SB, it hasn't even been a whole day since you posted this topic. These boards aren't hugely active in general and this is kind of a specific thread that not every member is going to be interested in. Give it some time before you decide to just throw it all in the trash.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#7 Posted: 02:10:43 09/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
This is the last time I actually try my best to keep the Spyro in darkSpyro.... smilie

Calm down dude.

If you haven't noticed:

1. It's only been a few hours since you opened this topic. Give it some time.

2. For the most part trolls are active on dS, and none of them are interested in Spyro anymore and are only here for friends.

3. It's not ALL about Spyro. Somtimes we need a break from it.

4. If I never lost my copies of the Insomniac trilogy, I would've been here completing a challenge. At this point I have to wait to get it on PS3/PSP. And I don't have a PS3.

5. Not everybody is online during this time of day. For all you know, this topic could inflate overnight (well, it's night here in NY).

6. A lot of people are talking about Skylanders. Doesn't that count as having the Spyro in darkSpyro?
#8 Posted: 15:23:04 09/03/2011 | Topic Creator
I wasn't getting infuriated, I was really just saying. Maybe I came across as taking it too seriously in that post, which wasn't my intention.

1. Most topics have a good few posts within that time, so I was thinking the lack of posts was an indicator of "nobody cares".

2. Yeah, that's a good point, and well made.

3. I know, but it's just that people were saying they don't visit the site because of the LACK of Spyro stuff. I'm just making an effort for those people.

4. I'll help you with that if I can.

5. True, true...

6. I wasn't talking about other people there, I was referring to how people have gotten on my case about de-railing topics and making them uninteresting. Now, I am trying to make amends.

--------------------------

(Reserved for a challenge later on)
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#9 Posted: 20:59:58 09/03/2011
See how many times you can charge consecutive Supercharge laps in Fracture Hills. (Open)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:54 09/03/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#10 Posted: 21:04:35 09/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
See how many times you can charge consecutive Supercharge laps in Fracture Hills.

Funny, I was going to do that for Robotic Farms!smilie
I'll go try that!smilie
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#11 Posted: 03:05:29 10/03/2011
Can i do somthing? smilie
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#12 Posted: 11:56:59 10/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12

Of course!smilie
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#13 Posted: 15:16:28 10/03/2011
I wasn't getting infuriated, I was really just saying. Maybe I came across as taking it too seriously in that post, which wasn't my intention.

1. Most topics have a good few posts within that time, so I was thinking the lack of posts was an indicator of "nobody cares".

2. Yeah, that's a good point, and well made.

3. I know, but it's just that people were saying they don't visit the site because of the LACK of Spyro stuff. I'm just making an effort for those people.

4. I'll help you with that if I can.

5. True, true...

6. I wasn't talking about other people there, I was referring to how people have gotten on my case about de-railing topics and making them uninteresting. Now, I am trying to make amends.

1. Note that most topics that get a lot of posts are topics like "Currently Listening To", "You Wake Up Naked Next to the User Above You", or a topic talking about how someone got gnorc'd. It's the trolls that are making them popular.

3. For the most part, that's true. But some users (not going to name names, but you should know who) complain about going off topic in a Spyro topic.

4. Thanks.

6. And we applaud you for trying.
#14 Posted: 16:25:20 10/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
See how many times you can charge consecutive Supercharge laps in Fracture Hills. (Open)

I got 11. But I will try to do better sometime.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#15 Posted: 00:19:18 11/03/2011

Of course!smilie

Ok so what can i do? ^.^
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#16 Posted: 12:01:42 11/03/2011 | Topic Creator

Of course!smilie

Ok so what can i do? ^.^

Anything you want!
You can take the challenges already set, or make a new one for others(and yourself) to try! smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me